Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

What's changed in this video game since, oooh, say November. Thanks in Advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Beasteh posted:

Deathplague is sometimes a decent human being.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

Jusupov posted:

You got 7 points in deconstruct which is one your main skills to clear a screen+ worth of enemies. Since you seem to be using his ult to kill the boss you should drop everything from emf. Dash, drop vuln under him, ult, dash, sig, repulse clears him faster for you than emf.

Also put a point in reconstruct to cut decons cooldown in half.

You really need 20 in his defensive passive for shocker instead of one pointing the power one huh

Energy might be fine for you since you can probably get a few more dashes or repulses off, that is if everything still dies in one hit. Though uhh those sure are some omega picks.

Also sadness if you don't have spaceman or timeman for their synergies.

There's other issues but I started crying all of a sudden

adhuin if you want to get past the first bracket, you should:

drop the hod for a better arti, like even a tm guide

copy the omegas from here and start cutting ranks from the least cost efficient base damage nodes. what you have now is horrid

your insignia is poo poo, start with 4 digit cdr and work from there. have someone in the sg 66 and cosmic it for a few blessings or something

get wasp teamup and put it in passive mode

christ there's so much work to be done on this loving thing that i have to stop before this post gets even longer

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Jusupov posted:

more dashes or repulses off

you looked more closely than i did

there's no repulse D:

i wasn't aware dude was in the contest I just looked at it like "yep that'll be fine for all content"

oh dear

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Mr. Maggy posted:

you looked more closely than i did

there's no repulse D:

i wasn't aware dude was in the contest I just looked at it like "yep that'll be fine for all content"

oh dear

I whispered him when he got surfer but I guess he doesn't have ingame whispers on.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

is there any like, basic guide to gearing? I feel like there are thousands of mods that can appear on a given item, and many of them don't necessarily apply to my dude and I really don't know how to prioritize the ones that might.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Hauki posted:

is there any like, basic guide to gearing? I feel like there are thousands of mods that can appear on a given item, and many of them don't necessarily apply to my dude and I really don't know how to prioritize the ones that might.

Hauki, to be honest, you will want to use marvelheroes.info and look at builds there for characters you like. You'll see a ton of builds but it will give you a great general direction of where you want to end up.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Jusupov posted:

I whispered him when he got surfer but I guess he doesn't have ingame whispers on.

I don't think those show if you're in a specific channel tab.

EDIT: I need to re-evaluate my [strike]life choices[/strike] build.

I agree that in general Fighting>energy, but in this specific tournament round, Consistent Damage is more valuable than Brutal damage. I'm mostly killing mooks after all.

Issaries fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 6, 2016

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

adhuin posted:

I don't think those show if you're in a specific channel tab.

There is only ALL

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Jusupov posted:

There is only ALL

I'm Super G-spot guy.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Hauki, to be honest, you will want to use marvelheroes.info and look at builds there for characters you like. You'll see a ton of builds but it will give you a great general direction of where you want to end up.

That will tell him best items for the build, but you never ever roll top on everything, especially slots 1-5. I've never seen a guide that tells you how to prioritize stats, does having +1 rank to 3 powers mean more than 50 Damage Rating or 100 CDR?

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

WELP!

Improved my time from 1:12 to 56. Only downside was that I miscalculated and killed only 120 mooks.

Thanks for the help.
You might be assholes, but you're my assholes and the poop that comes out of you is Super Solid!

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Beasteh posted:

Deadpool is good now, crafting materials stack > 10 and rerolling costume affixes is marginally less annoying. There's a 10th act of story mode that gives you 3 skill points. There's a new patrol zone (like Midtown) where every boss wave drops a guaranteed unique.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

adhuin posted:

Time to laugh at my crappy build:
Adhuin's awful build
It's designed for the first challenge within my current budget:
(No fragments nor Essences owned and no budget to reroll artifacts for better numbers)

Any glaring holes in The power build?
I usually just cruise back and forth and shoot some refracting beams at mooks. Bosses get usually the full load.

You need to max Deconstruct, it's very useful in the Amazing 110. It has a huge range and it goes through walls on some levels (this is the only reason I got a good Hood time last tournie, abusing Deconstruct). You don't need all three of refracting beam, board dash, and EMF, probably just go with board dash. That will let you max Deconstruct and Rift.

You're going to be trying to one-shot or nearly one-shot the boss with your ult which, from memory, is only tagged area, so your stat priority is to get max untyped or area dmg. Pet looks good, artis are okay. If you have a Mr Hyde arti I recommend that, because you're trying to oneshot brut the boss, therefore you're discarding any runs where you don't brute, therefore brutal damage is as good as boss damage for these narrow purposes. Same reasoning for any other arti with CDR or BDR - it has a higher than normal weighting in these circumstances because you can cherry-pick your runs and only submit ones where you brut the boss right in the face.

Insignia is bad, do you have one with a decent chunk of CDR on it? For uru I think GoM for the +1 ult which will make your ult hit harder.

For Omegas I recommend Melt Face, it's insane value when you assume you will always brut the boss, which again, you will brut the boss on 100% of your submitted runs.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
You can usually convert pure stats and skill ranks into DR, although so many heroes end up maxing out most of their damage skills that that can change the build at the top.

For CDR and CR, BDR and BR, you'd need a spreadsheet or something along those lines to really do the comparison yourself - because that's a multiplicative effect with your other stats, the relative worth is going to be changing based on what your current stats are all the time.

Item budget does make it so that Critical Damage Rating is a good choice a lot of the time that it's available, though, and BDR often isn't as good as the others. (Not actually sure if this last part is true anymore).

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Upgraded Adhuin's awful build.

I Found a spare Skrull Energy Crystal from stash and changed my powers. 55 secs baby and dropping!

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Bankok posted:

That will tell him best items for the build, but you never ever roll top on everything, especially slots 1-5. I've never seen a guide that tells you how to prioritize stats, does having +1 rank to 3 powers mean more than 50 Damage Rating or 100 CDR?

Yeah, this was more my issue. I mean, I can see all the perfect uniques everyone has in their guides, but I don't have any of those yet, so, what should I use in the meantime?

edit: Also I'm having a hell of a time keeping up spirit with ranged Thor, even spamming Son of Odin on cd. Is there something else I should be doing there?

Hauki fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 6, 2016

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

Hauki posted:

edit: Also I'm having a hell of a time keeping up spirit with ranged Thor, even spamming Son of Odin on cd. Is there something else I should be doing there?

Get a costume core that restores 25% spirit (and 2 sec invuln) on use and use it on cooldown also

edit: actually you aren't level 60, so uhh maybe a 25% one will drop while you level. Also: http://marvelheroes.info/item/471/ this can help while you level. there are a couple more artifacts that can help out too I think.

ransome fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Feb 6, 2016

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Got onslaught saved as of right now. Should have it til tomorrow evening too.

Also got the Nullifier Survivors cheev on part 2. Felt good.

Used black cat to only die 8 times and keep it at 30/30.

SKILLZ.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

ransome posted:

Get a costume core that restores 25% spirit (and 2 sec invuln) on use and use it on cooldown also

edit: actually you aren't level 60, so uhh maybe a 25% one will drop while you level. Also: http://marvelheroes.info/item/471/ this can help while you level. there are a couple more artifacts that can help out too I think.

oh hey, I've got a blue core with that mod sitting in my stash, but I don't meed the level req for it yet. That'll help when I can equip it though.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Also ranged Thor is godly.

3:27 ttk

http://marvelheroes.info/build/31814/

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

gaz please hotdogs for ryolnir onslaught :( pls asros

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

We will run onslaught tomorrow. I have 1350% rif ready to roll.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I think you got to let it run out so you can get rare drops again

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Honestly I found ranged thor's spirit problems were fixed by his slot 4 with high rolls. Do you have the boots yet?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Lots of submissions today for the 110. Just want to say thank you guys. We are just shy of half submitted now. A little less than 60 to go!

We can do it. :)

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Doesn't RIF roll over at like 400%? At 800% I think they start deleting Jinns

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

madstrike posted:

I don't remember Magneto being hard to play. Or has he been changed?

no the problem is he hasn't

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Yeah I remember someone did some tests and after a few hundred % RIF starts decreasing drops. It's ludicrous, of course, because Gaz wouldn't allow such a bizarre and crippling bug to persist for years because they failed to investigate countless complaints about this.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

it's because rif just appears to roll more trash tier loot tables and it's very possible that doing so pushes rarer loot off the top so that it won't drop or has an even worse chance at dropping than usual

there is plenty of anecdotal evidence* to support the idea that rif is a scam and definitely don't go beyond 400% if you're farming for the rare stuff

*my own personal experiences over the years with farming for rares while running 1300%+ rif has been dismal, all the drops while farming came after I let my rif die down below 500% and they all came fairly quickly at that point

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

Mr. Whale posted:

He does, according to that build page. It's that power in the center of the middle tree.

late but i meant hero synergy

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Mover posted:

Honestly I found ranged thor's spirit problems were fixed by his slot 4 with high rolls. Do you have the boots yet?

I don't have anything, I'm just leveling him still. Is there a different skill setup I should be using to level?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
At best rif has such an astronomically small effect that you'd never notice. At worst it's bugged like most of the other poo poo in the game and actively makes drops worse. So I guess why even risk it.

My own anecdote (from having some crazy number of terminal runs for different Takedown achievements) is that it lowers uniques in particular by very noticeable amount. If you count runs where double boss loot was on as 2 we're talking several thousands of runs here as my sample.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Feb 6, 2016

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I just boost sif and tell myself I'm gonna be puking Splinters any minute now

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hauki posted:

Yeah, this was more my issue. I mean, I can see all the perfect uniques everyone has in their guides, but I don't have any of those yet, so, what should I use in the meantime?

get his slot 4 boots asap. boots + son of odin + power doop uru = spirit neutral or positive.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

83% rif and sif is the correct amount. one day my sif mardi gras boost will expire

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Hauki posted:

oh hey, I've got a blue core with that mod sitting in my stash, but I don't meed the level req for it yet. That'll help when I can equip it though.

RIP, apparently the two I've found are cores for different characters, so... so much for that.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

smorks entry for tourney sent in, best I'm gonna get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

phosdex posted:

smorks entry for tourney sent in, best I'm gonna get.

Just received it! Thanks buddy. <3

• Locked thread