Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Another fuckin patch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Another fuckin patch?

But is it Warlock or Soul Fighter finally being added? Or Pot Dog race as suggested in the last few pages?

:( NCSoft, just give us what we want already...

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Its the new Valentines outfits that are just a pair of panties and shirt for the ladies :poolgirl:

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

Kuai posted:

Its the new Valentines outfits that are just a pair of panties and shirt for the ladies :poolgirl:

That bored 'meh' you heard in the distance was me. Time to get back to the plot, I guess.

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness
The games poor monetization model really kind of hit me today when I was in the middle of cinderlands questing.

Getting the weapon I needed from the golden deva roulette wheel robbed me of a bunch of my time and most of the silver I had earned up to that point. Being forced to give up my in-game wallet or drop some real money on a key to guarantee the weapon I needed really rubbed me the wrong way.

It really kind of made me think about how money grubbing this game really is. Cosmetics are expensive, and bound to the character that purchased them. Premium doesn't really give you any worthwhile features aside from wardrobe access, which is given to you for free in other regions of the game. Inventory and bank upgrades are per character and there's no shared stash.

Combined with some minor anxiety over whether or not I chose a class that was fun in both PvE and PvP, and this game also having archaic netcode that adds your latency to every skill cooldown...I think i'm just done. The game was fun while it lasted, at least.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

If you think this is a poor monetization model you should really check out more of the market.

Premium not being worth it is a strange move, but calling this game money grubbing is kind of silly.

Although I do agree that the keys seem really unnecessary. It's like a vestigal system they just arbitrarily decided not to cut.

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Feb 5, 2016

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Speaking of cosmetic monetization, something I've never quite understood is why more companies don't do things where you can pay like 50%ish more for a cosmetic item for a full account unlocked version. Of course I don't have the actual sales data to back this up, but it would not surprise me if you'd get more out of people who would pay that premium than people who would buy the same item for more than one character. The only one I know of that has actually done this is Tera, and even then only for mounts. Give me an option to pay an extra 50% to get an outfit on all my characters and that's an extra 50+% money you're getting out of me.

But then I guess the video game industry has always thought that the person who would pay for an all you can eat buffet would pay for all that food individually if the all you can eat was not an option.

Also basically every monetization or time waster decision (salvaging being #1 here along with abysmal drop rates for things with literally no value) in this game is based in the idea that people are playing it in net cafes.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Feb 5, 2016

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

lycandi are terrible hth

also I need to find a big cone hat, but I think the first one you can get is out of mushin's tower?

The Lycandi are a huge drat mess. The original gimmick with the Lyn is that they'd have a wolf/fox like beast mode that ran around on all fours. This is why the Lycandi look so drat weird, that head was originally for a much more hunched over model.

Magile
May 20, 2008
Just in case people were wondering, I crafted the Purification Jar and handed it in to Old Man Cho. You go from 15,000 Stamina to 20,000 -- so you gain an additional 5seconds on your run.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

chumbler posted:

Speaking of cosmetic monetization, something I've never quite understood is why more companies don't do things where you can pay like 50%ish more for a cosmetic item for a full account unlocked version. Of course I don't have the actual sales data to back this up, but it would not surprise me if you'd get more out of people who would pay that premium than people who would buy the same item for more than one character. The only one I know of that has actually done this is Tera, and even then only for mounts. Give me an option to pay an extra 50% to get an outfit on all my characters and that's an extra 50+% money you're getting out of me.

But then I guess the video game industry has always thought that the person who would pay for an all you can eat buffet would pay for all that food individually if the all you can eat was not an option.

Also basically every monetization or time waster decision (salvaging being #1 here along with abysmal drop rates for things with literally no value) in this game is based in the idea that people are playing it in net cafes.

The Old Republic does this, though I couldn't tell you how well it works out in practice.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

The ears/tail are easy enough to find, but that hairstyle is actually flat-out not available at character creation. I was wondering if it was a drop or something. Several similar haircuts are available, but that upturned bob isn't.

This is about as close as the character creator comes to that hairstyle. Still isn't quite the same.

If the hairstyle's a drop or something, that's cool, I just want to be sure I know where to get it. :v:

Shin Gong is actually a dude :ssh:

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Feb 5, 2016

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Shin Gong is actually a dude :ssh:

well rip me

though wait, I swear Shin Gong is referred to with female pronouns, like, more than once, though if the translators hosed up his gender because of the hairstyle like I did, laffo

edit: yup, not even up for debate at this point:

vs.

so I guess I can add "misgendered an NPC in a videogame" to my Resume Of Ways I've Been Terrible

well, thanks for solving the mystery, Cao

and Reicere, you can probably find this NPC as a LynM if you want to get your project back on track

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Feb 5, 2016

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

SpaceDrake posted:

well rip me

though wait, I swear Shin Gong is referred to with female pronouns, like, more than once, though if the translators hosed up his gender because of the hairstyle like I did, laffo

edit: yup, not even up for debate at this point:

vs.

so I guess I can add "misgendered an NPC in a videogame" to my Resume Of Ways I've Been Terrible

well, thanks for solving the mystery, Cao

and Reicere, you can probably find this NPC as a LynM if you want to get your project back on track

I actually can't recall Shin Gong referring to him/herself at all in either way, It's always "I will" or "i need you to"

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

That's a cute hairstyle though, why isn't it available for females too? :colbert:

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Gonna try getting an invite today, Tiny Riiiick, Mushin.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah I really like it too. Male lyns have a few haircuts that would work great on female anything, but for some reason its locked to them. If it makes you feel better 95% of lyn outfits are gender neutral so you can run in like a psudo girl. Just call him Dongfang Bubai for maximum wuxia

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

HapiMerchant posted:

I actually can't recall Shin Gong referring to him/herself at all in either way, It's always "I will" or "i need you to"

It's more that other NPCs use feminine pronouns. "You wouldn't believe the vocabulary she has!"

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Should I bother upgrading my hongmoon accessories or do you obtain an entirely new set at 45?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Monomythian posted:

Should I bother upgrading my hongmoon accessories or do you obtain an entirely new set at 45?

Keep with them at least until you need 5 moonstone transformation stones

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

Gonna try getting an invite today, Tiny Riiiick, Mushin.

Blue clan on Mushin is still full, and probably will be for a good while since getting to the next increase is something like 500g and 2000 soulstones. Hopefully NCSoft makes good on their word and increases clan size caps.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
How complicated is Assassin to play? Loving my destroyer but I'm feeling that it's a little simplistic in design. It'd also be nice to do some PvP and not feel bad about winning.

Sin looks super cool but if it relies on ungodly long, difficult combos or something I'll fall flat on my face.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

cathead posted:

That's a cute hairstyle though, why isn't it available for females too? :colbert:

Pretty sure it's available for female jin or yun ha.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Rainuwastaken posted:

How complicated is Assassin to play? Loving my destroyer but I'm feeling that it's a little simplistic in design. It'd also be nice to do some PvP and not feel bad about winning.

Sin looks super cool but if it relies on ungodly long, difficult combos or something I'll fall flat on my face.

I have a 45 assassin, 36 summoner, and 20 destroyer. Assassin is really fun in solo PvE, occasionally frustrating in groups, and requires a lot of skill to PvP well with. Summoner is fun basically no matter what and I felt really bad going on a 7 win streak the first time I set foot in PvP (my highest streak on assassin is 2). I haven't PvPed on destroyer, but I'm really hoping it gets a bit more involved as I get more abilities and skill points because it's kinda boring compared to the other two.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

seorin posted:

I have a 45 assassin, 36 summoner, and 20 destroyer. Assassin is really fun in solo PvE, occasionally frustrating in groups, and requires a lot of skill to PvP well with. Summoner is fun basically no matter what and I felt really bad going on a 7 win streak the first time I set foot in PvP (my highest streak on assassin is 2). I haven't PvPed on destroyer, but I'm really hoping it gets a bit more involved as I get more abilities and skill points because it's kinda boring compared to the other two.

Destroyer is good in PvP depending on whether you want to win instantly or not

https://i.imgur.com/4sQWBru.gifv

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

Lemming posted:

That exact picture happened to me. Spent the entirety of the round kiting and whittling the Destroyer down, then he touched me and I instantly died.

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010

seorin posted:

I'm still torn between doing a Summoner and a Force Master for a second character. I hear Summoner gets most of their kit early which helps quite a bit, but FMs just look kinda fun from what I've seen at cap. Everyone seems to like them in dungeons as well so you can cheese mechanics with that group freeze too. I doubt either of them will replace my Sin since permastealth is just too much fun.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

That is some inhuman animation cancelling.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
For those who are wondering how hard 4 man Blackram Supply Chain is compared to the 6 man version I decided to randomly record a group I found during dungeon finder if anyone wants to see how difficult or easy it is. I noticed that everyone running the dungeon is fully geared now and know what to do so you really won't have any issues with less than average players in your party. Still waiting for a costume to drop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNa73nsH5m4

Ignore my noob deaths!

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
More than anything, I'm glad I'm not the only summoner who drops photo stacks attempting to build to super sunflower in that video.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Schubalts posted:

That is some inhuman animation cancelling.

I wish animation canceling like that was not a thing. I primarily play destroyer lately, though just in pve, and it's annoying and not particularly interesting to do. Also frustrating given how the game is frequently laggy and unresponsive. I know it's there for ~high skill ceiling~, but I'd rather not have to be bothered.

Maybe I'm just getting too old.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
You can macro the destroyer animation canceling very easily. Hell, when I played in Korea, every Destroyer in my guild did it, and most of them were in the 1800 rating range. At that point the only thing that matters is your latency.

Edit: That is not to say you should do this, or that you need to do this to compete (you don't), but the option is there.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Feb 6, 2016

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Schubalts posted:

It's more that other NPCs use feminine pronouns. "You wouldn't believe the vocabulary she has!"

Okay, so I'm not just hallucinating, Gong does get referred to with female pronouns by that ninja merchant lady in her letter specifically, right? Ninjalady comments on Gong and how "she" came in and flipped out over getting passed over as head historian person. Wish I'd screenshotted that, my BD is a long way from being able to verify it all.

Either way, laffo, even the translators can't keep this NPC's gender straight

cathead posted:

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah I really like it too. Male lyns have a few haircuts that would work great on female anything, but for some reason its locked to them. If it makes you feel better 95% of lyn outfits are gender neutral so you can run in like a psudo girl. Just call him Dongfang Bubai for maximum wuxia

I am a little surprised that hair option isn't available for Ladylyns, which is where the whole pile of confusion came from in the first place, because that "bob with a curl at the end" is usually a ladies' style. Dudes rolling with it is fine, ofc, but I'd imagine most folks would think of it as a lady's option first.

And yeah, Dudelyns and Ladylyns largely share outfits like a lot of "small races" in MMOs do, so it's not really a big deal. It's mostly the voices stopping me at this point - most of the guy options just sound kind of dumb, like even for a kung fu movie dumb, and I sorta wanted to roll my Warlock with the Yun voiceset as it's the nice mix of "classy" and "stomp your rear end" I wanted. I've got like a month or more to think it all over, though, so whatever :v:

Lemming posted:

For what it's worth, I've never seen animation canceling of quite this caliber even on streams or fought one like this, so it's rare and possibly even a little suspicious.

Rainuwastaken posted:

:ssh: All classes aside from maybe BM right now can be cheesy as gently caress, play what you find fun and what clicks with you.

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Feb 6, 2016

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe

SpaceDrake posted:

For what it's worth, I've never seen animation canceling of quite this caliber even on streams or fought one like this, so it's rare and possibly even a little suspicious.

He is probably using AutoHotKey scripts. I would be worried that the anti cheat program would detect it, but it probably doesn't.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Necrosaro posted:

He is probably using AutoHotKey scripts. I would be worried that the anti cheat program would detect it, but it probably doesn't.

You'd spend more time perfecting the script than you would bypassing GameGuard.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

GameGuard has also been disabled as of the most recent build, if you didn't notice - it was causing false positives with a lot of ~Razer~ software and other things, so they just turned it off.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
What do you guys reckon the chance is the padded coat will get added later as a store item? :downs: I want that dumb jacket so badly but I'm neither lucky nor whale enough to try getting it through RNG boxes.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Your Computer posted:

What do you guys reckon the chance is the padded coat will get added later as a store item? :downs: I want that dumb jacket so badly but I'm neither lucky nor whale enough to try getting it through RNG boxes.

Probably zero.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Your Computer posted:

Be strong. Overcome your earthly desires. This is the only way to free yourself of the cycle of reincarnation.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

SpaceDrake posted:

Okay, so I'm not just hallucinating, Gong does get referred to with female pronouns by that ninja merchant lady in her letter specifically, right? Ninjalady comments on Gong and how "she" came in and flipped out over getting passed over as head historian person. Wish I'd screenshotted that, my BD is a long way from being able to verify it all.

Either way, laffo, even the translators can't keep this NPC's gender straight

On the TW server she is female and even her voice actor talked with a woman's voice. I think she just has a male haircut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Lemming posted:

I'm the tab button being furiously mashed. Wish I was this fast with 3rf on KFM.

• Locked thread