Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

nmfree posted:

Pictured: Rally Legend Oz Clarke

Well done! They should do more television together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Matt LeBlanc is going to be a Top Gear presenter. I'm not sure how this'll work out, but it seems like a good surprise to me.

Topgear.com

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
lol Matt LeBlanc what the hell http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2016/top-gear-friend

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Hello fellow person who had twitter open, probably.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Needs more Paul Walker because I hear he liked cars.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
wait hang on I get it

pik_d posted:

Hello fellow person who had twitter open, probably.

:ssh: person who works for a newspaper's website :ssh:

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

I am actually suprisingly happy about this. I love Matt Leblanc and he might actually be able to counterbalance Evans who I find aggravating most of the time.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

What happened to Sabine?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Mustache Ride posted:

What happened to Sabine?

Looks like it may not be her. That's sad, since I'd rather see her host than either of the two tools pictured above.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/entertainment/news/a28056/sabine-schmitz-not-a-top-gear-host/

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Wow did they out the Stig before the show even starts? What a terrible Top Gear.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

meatpimp posted:

Looks like it may not be her. That's sad, since I'd rather see her host than either of the two tools pictured above.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/entertainment/news/a28056/sabine-schmitz-not-a-top-gear-host/

Aw. It sounds like she may still be a guest of some sort, just not a host.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Chris Knight posted:

Aw. It sounds like she may still be a guest of some sort, just not a host.

Matt is just the first announcement and the BBC says there are further announcements to follow in regards to the other presenters; odds are the next announcements will be for Chris Harris and Sabine. I kind of wish they never had Chris Evans in the line up if its the case, as LeBlanc, Harris and Schmitz could be an amazing trio.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
It's going to be all of those, Top Gear is now a Comedy Panel show.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Budgie posted:

It's going to be all of those, Top Gear is now a Comedy Panel show.

"Have i got cars for you?"

(actually a rotating cast and a reformat would do the show a lot of good. 75% or more fewer goofy road trips please, i've been sick of those since about season 11.)

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Would watch 8 out of 10 cats does top gear

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

wait hang on I get it

:ssh: person who works for a newspaper's website :ssh:

You're telling me if not for 0.1 seconds we could have had Atkinson hosting? drat.

I have noticed ads for LeBlanc hosting best-of Top Gear compilations on BBC America lately so I guess this makes sense. They're just trying to keep their appeal to American audiences, and throwing a full set of new Europeans out there would probably turn off a decent amount of American car guys who took like 9 years to finally warm up to the first batch.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

In this week's Would I Lie About Cars To You, Jon shows us his road survival kit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2dK_5Zg5Rg&t=1495s

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

MattD1zzl3 posted:

"Have i got cars for you?"

(actually a rotating cast and a reformat would do the show a lot of good. 75% or more fewer goofy road trips please, i've been sick of those since about season 11.)

Why do you hate fun?

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

I'm rewatching some older TGUKs. In s7e3 (Supercar road trip), they start out in studio with Jeremy's Ford GT. I've seen it before, but I'm pretty sure I noticed something new this time. I think there's a blue tarp under the GT, presumably to catch fluids leaking out of it.

It's hard to tell exactly, but that would be very funny if it were true.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Normal Person
Oct 14, 2011
Not a tarp. That's a light bar underneath the car, which is how they often presented cars in the studio.

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

Normal Person posted:

Not a tarp. That's a light bar underneath the car, which is how they often presented cars in the studio.

Ah drat, you're right. I guess they would have mentioned it.

KoB
May 1, 2009
LeBlanc is the first news Ive heard thats made me interested in new Top gear.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Grumpwagon posted:

Ah drat, you're right. I guess they would have mentioned it.

Yeah, James and Hammond would've been all over the chance to point out that his new car is leeeeeeaking like some old Rover, at which point Jezza would somehow explain that it's the result of its partially-British heritage.

Either that, or, you know, it needed a speedisleeve.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

KoB posted:

LeBlanc is the first news Ive heard thats made me interested in new Top gear.

meatpimp posted:

I'd say these two things balance out my interest in the new Top Gear.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yeah, James and Hammond would've been all over the chance to point out that his new car is leeeeeeaking like some old Rover, at which point Jezza would somehow explain that it's the result of its partially-British heritage.

Surely it must be leaking fuel, what with how often he is seen filling the tank.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
The front of the car doesn't have a ton of stuff going on either. Presumably just a coolant radiator and oil radiator. Those could definitely leak but I would hope you would get that fixed before it turned into a much bigger problem on that car.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
Unless I've been fooled, the UK Mirror tabloid is saying Eddie Jordan, the fast/poo poo talking F1 ex-team owner and BBC F1 coverage annoyer is going to be the third presenter.

I don't know how much truth there is to it, but I was under the impression they weren't going back to the three presenter+stig format.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
The Guardian's saying the same thing, and they're a bit more credible journalistically. (Insofar as any British newspaper can be considered entirely credible.)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Wouldn't his F1 thing and Top Gear conflict at some point?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
They film studio stuff on Wednesdays and there are enough breaks in the season where he'd have time to do the in-episode films in that time. And then the off-season and all.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They would also probably have a ton of F1 content on top gear, filming one show while he's doing F1 stuff.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

They really should've gotten Eddie Irvine if they wanted an F1 connection and I don't know how nobody thought of that anywhere in the process of signing Jordan.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Cojawfee posted:

Wouldn't his F1 thing and Top Gear conflict at some point?

BBC no longer shows the F1, so I guess he has some free time up his sleeve these days

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Eddie Jordan is an annoying alcoholic rich midget with a taste in clothes much like an Eastern European who works in a designer store.

:/

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

88h88 posted:

Eddie Jordan is an annoying alcoholic rich midget with a taste in clothes much like an Eastern European who works in a designer store.

More than being casually racist, that is showing a disproportionate amount of butthurtedness. Where did Eddie Jordan touch you when you were young, 88h88? You can tell us, you'll feel better.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

meatpimp posted:

More than being casually racist, that is showing a disproportionate amount of butthurtedness. Where did Eddie Jordan touch you when you were young, 88h88? You can tell us, you'll feel better.

Well the history of the BBC tells me this is probably more likely true then funny.

Also if Joey doesn't do top gear as Joey I will turn it off.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Payndz posted:

The Guardian's saying the same thing, and they're a bit more credible journalistically. (Insofar as any British newspaper can be considered entirely credible.)
The Guardian is pretty credible as long as politics aren't involved.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

meatpimp posted:

...I'm Irish. So.......

He's just an annoying gimp.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Elephanthead posted:

Well the history of the BBC tells me this is probably more likely true then funny.

Also if Joey doesn't do top gear as Joey I will turn it off.

I watched the episode where he set the lap record, and he was pretty much Joey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

88h88 posted:

88h88 posted:

...I'm Irish. So.......

He's just an annoying gimp.

Well im Russian so.....

Edit: I actually have no point lol

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 6, 2016