Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Its simple, if the left shark guy shows up in the Super Bowl halftime show I'll be sitting pretty. Like sitting on the deck of a houseboat pretty.

I must have missed something, we are supposed to be expecting a shark guy at he Super Bowl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Veskit posted:

Also there's nothing thrilling about surprising your girlfriend with the cabin you bought. That'd probably only creep her out because cabins are scary. Buy a house boat though, and boy howdy that's a real treat to show off.

He'll show her a great time out on the high lakes.

Think about it. She’s out in the middle of nowhere with some dude she barely knows. She looks around her, what does she see? Nothing but open ocean. “Oh, there’s nowhere for me to run, what am I gonna do, say no?”

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

The gently caress is a Left Shark?

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

The key is that you're not actually going to harm them.

RoboFrance_29
Jul 15, 2010

GET EQUIPPED

BloodBag posted:

The gently caress is a Left Shark?

I think it's a reference to one of the stage dancers loving up at last year's half-time show. I'm pretty sure that person got fired and probably won't show up to this super bowel. OP, please keep making more frivolous bets to save money

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Its simple, if the left shark guy shows up in the Super Bowl halftime show I'll be sitting pretty. Like sitting on the deck of a houseboat pretty.

How much did you bet, and how much are you going to make?

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Presumably OP made the bet on bovada which is currently offering that as a prop paying out 10 to 1. So hopefully he is going to make like 10k once left shark shows up.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

gtkor posted:

Presumably OP made the bet on bovada which is currently offering that as a prop paying out 10 to 1. So hopefully he is going to make like 10k once left shark shows up.

God drat is that under the table money?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

BaseballPCHiker posted:

That said I think my money problems will be solved once my Left Shark super bowl bet pays off.

Okay, like Slo Mo, this may have started as the ramblings of an ill-advised fool, but now it's just become a troll.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Seriously guys... Left shark was awesome. From KP's half time show. Just go watch out on YouTube.

Also here is an article.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/katy-perry-left-shark-super-bowl-halftime-show-revealed-201532

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Your gimmick is showing!

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

I budget $300 each year for gambling. I typically spend $100 on baseball season prop bets, a $100 during the NFL season and then the last $100 on the Super Bowl. Last year I won big and came out about $500 ahead. This year I'm only up $50 and will probably lose it all during the Super Bowl but whatever its all good fun. I love the crazy NFL prop bets. Got some money on Lady Gaga national anthem going over 2 minutes too. But my big money is on Left Shark, that guy is awesome.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Veskit posted:

God drat is that under the table money?

Well Bovada isn't exactly legal, so I am guessing he is not planning on filing the massive amounts of money he is going to win from Lady Gaga and Left Shark.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

gtkor posted:

Well Bovada isn't exactly legal, so I am guessing he is not planning on filing the massive amounts of money he is going to win from Lady Gaga and Left Shark.

He still needs to report it, especially once they submit the W-2g to the IRS. And he can deduct his losses up to gambling winnings on the schedule A. And he'll be itemizing since the loan securing his houseboat is deductible.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

sullat posted:

He still needs to report it, especially once they submit the W-2g to the IRS. And he can deduct his losses up to gambling winnings on the schedule A. And he'll be itemizing since the loan securing his houseboat is deductible.

Since when are personal loans deductible? He can't get a houseboat loan.

OP you are a poo poo and it doesn't make you less of one if you join us in laughing at you. Less live journal crap and more boat news.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

NancyPants posted:

OP you are a poo poo and it doesn't make you less of one if you join us in laughing at you. Less live journal crap and more boat news.

Ah, missed that part. Yeah, it has to be secured to count.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I watched the left shark video.... I don't get it. Was something funny supposed to happen? You're putting all your eggs in a basket of worthless?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

BloodBag posted:

I watched the left shark video.... I don't get it. Was something funny supposed to happen? You're putting all your eggs in a basket of worthless?

From what I guess people thought it was funny that the shark was very uncoordinated. I don't find it that funny either.

I also think OP is bullshitting on whatever bet.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
It's basically all your base or rickroll for 2015, just a dumb thing that the internet thinks is funny, and the internet echo chamber is loud enough that a few people finding it amusing makes it incredible high comedy.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

NancyPants posted:

NancyPants you are going to be the first person I invite on board when I make this happen. You've been on my rear end about how stupid this is from day one! Also I'd like to point out to you that I didnt mess up my personal business tax I've saved that knowing I would owe and/or payed it quarterly to the state. The only tax thing messed up was my withholding from my day job.

Still I think I'm going to just let this thread fade away. It'll be months until I have news one way or the other. I've got two months left to find a boat or a new apartment. Maybe by then I'll get a different loan rate or come into some money or just get lucky and find a good cheap boat with a willing seller. Who knows, the sea works in mysterious ways.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Lake*

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Nail Rat posted:

Okay, like Slo Mo, this may have started as the ramblings of an ill-advised fool, but now it's just become a troll.

Dwight Eisenhower
Jan 24, 2006

Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it.
If you weren't suspecting this was an errant musing turned troll by page 3 I don't know what to tell you.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

*RIVER

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
This thread got me researching some boat living, and I very much like to give it try. By renting one for a week, in the summer, at some scenic location.

I can get one through Airbnb for like $80/night. That is of course just to stay, not drive it around lake/river

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

BaseballPCHiker posted:

NancyPants you are going to be the first person I invite on board when I make this happen. You've been on my rear end about how stupid this is from day one!

The hell you will, you're never going to buy a boat.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Nitrox posted:

This thread got me researching some boat living, and I very much like to give it try. By renting one for a week, in the summer, at some scenic location.

I can get one through Airbnb for like $80/night. That is of course just to stay, not drive it around lake/river

Cut the ropes at night, overwhelm the crew, and the boat is yours to sail! You'll also probably be able to get your $80 back when you make the owner walk the plank.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

BaseballPCHiker posted:

I budget $300 each year for gambling. I typically spend $100 on baseball season prop bets, a $100 during the NFL season and then the last $100 on the Super Bowl. Last year I won big and came out about $500 ahead. This year I'm only up $50 and will probably lose it all during the Super Bowl but whatever its all good fun. I love the crazy NFL prop bets. Got some money on Lady Gaga national anthem going over 2 minutes too. But my big money is on Left Shark, that guy is awesome.

Aren't you getting evicted?

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

FadingChord posted:

Aren't you getting evicted?

I'll take those odds.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Your money is on left shark doing what? Why would the shark even be in the half time show this year? You are loving stupid with money. Congrats.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/2/1/10880632/super-bowl-50-prop-bets-mvp-national-anthem-coin-toss

Left shark making an appearance is a 15:1 bet. Hey BaseballPCHiker I was playing video lottery last night and won $210 off of $10 so maybe you should cross state lines and partake in South Dakota's VLC and/or pull tabs since you'll get more out of your burnt cash.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
What if right shark shows up instead?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

You are loving stupid with money.

Yeah, I'm really shocked. This is just so out of character for him.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
How is that stupid with money? He has deliberately budgeted for it, and it's money he is prepared to lose, in exchange for entertainment. Just because you disagree with him, doesn't make it a bad thing.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Here's how he brought it up:

BaseballPCHiker posted:

That said I think my money problems will be solved once my Left Shark super bowl bet pays off.

Sure, sure, he was kidding. He isn't really banking on that money, just having a reasonable bit of fun, and being tongue-in-cheek about it. Meanwhile, his serious plans include getting a fraudulent personal loan to buy a house boat on a river in Minnesota so he has somewhere to live when his self-inflicted eviction comes through.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Well no left shark

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

TLG James posted:

Well no left shark

Sad days

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
If one team starts blowing out the other, the color commentators will kill time pointing out some spectator dressed as Left Shark and OP will yell "BOOYA!"

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
What if the bookies say they dressed as right shark :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

flyboi posted:

What if the bookies say they dressed as right shark :ohdear:

Dance off. Loser wins.

• Locked thread