Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Oh wait it gets worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Makes me feel slightly better about liking Wrath of Kings, jesus that's bad.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Every picture is slightly more retarded than the last.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I kinda want titty-nurgle, that's a sweet model.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Let's wear armor everywhere except over our soft, gooey center!

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Makes me feel slightly better about liking Wrath of Kings, jesus that's bad.

At least WoK only has a few questionable models (the Pelegarth Bloodmasks and Big Sisters being the most obvious.) The Prodoss thing is straight up "Minis of almost naked women make a mint - let's do an entire game of just that!"

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Looks like on Dakka there's a dude who would like this better if the demons were titty girls too. One guess as to his identity!

berzerkmonkey posted:

At least WoK only has a few questionable models (the Pelegarth Bloodmasks and Big Sisters being the most obvious.) The Prodoss thing is straight up "Minis of almost naked women make a mint - let's do an entire game of just that!"

Bloodmasks make me sad as I really like the way they play and I'd do Nasier as a second army, but that's a lot of conversion work to add armor.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Looks like on Dakka there's a dude who would like this better if the demons were titty girls too. One guess as to his identity!

Bloodmasks make me sad as I really like the way they play and I'd do Nasier as a second army, but that's a lot of conversion work to add armor.

I agree. The cost was the first ting that turned me off about the KS, but a close second was nekkid wimmins and boob-wolves. I did wind up getting a box of Hadross a box of Teknes through Ebay for like $25 each though, so I'm good. At least CMON didn't make jellyfish and pig-men with boobs. I like Nasir as well, and I'm disappointed that I probably won't ever buy any because of the female models. I mean, cheesecake models don't bother me as much as it does the average Kickstarter thread Goon, but the game designers could have toned it down a wee bit.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 5, 2016

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SRM posted:

So the new Warzone models from Prodos are by and large really loving good. That is, until I saw they're putting this out. Slightly :nws:

Every single model is in stupid space lingerie. Well, except the not-Great-Unclean-One, who just has gross saggy plague tits.

I wonder if GW still owns the trademarks for Space Crusade

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't think they ever did. Trademark search suggests it was owned by Hasbro from 89-96 but has been dead since, and was picked up by this guy last year.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

SRM posted:

Oh wait it gets worse

Pledged at the 5000 dollar level.

Edit: Ok holy poo poo, this is legit one of the most fun websites I've seen for a game/hobby company
http://prodosgames.com/

Like, obviously totally overdone, but performs pretty well and is kind of a hoot to click around in.

Edit edit: Ok, you owe it to yourself to go to their shop and check out 'Mabs' under warzone, and the whole 'elves' line under Demigod evolution. Mabs is NWS. I guess the whole site is, more or less. There's rogue tits all over.

Edit edit edit: I'm almost finished, I swear--
http://shop.prodosgames.com/en/elves/214-demigods-evolution-wind.html (NWS ish)
Marilyn monroe + victoria secret + I'm not even sure.

TheCosmicMuffet fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Feb 5, 2016

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Fat unclean one is great unlike nurgle fans but the rest is cheap, boring trash, and the Penitent Titnaught looks like it crawled out of 90s.

My girlfriend posted:

*Sigh*

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They've all got exposed stomachs so that all their armour is also suitable as pregnancy wear.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Improbable Lobster posted:

I wonder if GW still owns the trademarks for Space Crusade
That's clearly Space Rusade though? :confused:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Pretty much all the Space Crusade stuff looks like trash, but the Warzone figures are so insanely inconsistent in their sculpts, even in the same armies. At least none of them (except for a few Dark Legion models) have their tits out, but several are wearing thighhighs and combat loincloths, which for a game about corporate warfare in the future set against a backdrop of NotChaos evil is just mindboggling.

The Demigods line is all poo poo though.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Need that (mysteriously greasy) Kingdom Death money.

Big Ink
Jun 26, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

SRM posted:

Oh wait it gets worse

:nws: South Park IT :nws: was my first thought.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

JcDent posted:

A guy is selling his custom CSM/Mechanicus army on Wargaming trading:

Too bad about the fat coats, that guy on the right looks like a Volus friar Tuck

Lol @ melta ogres. I don't know what those robo guys are made from.

Gettin' goofy with the larger ones.

Stelth suits and necrons, as well as necron heads and marine chests are a pretty wicked combo, as it turns out. Then again, NecronSM are just taller, skellington Priests of Sigmar.

A lot of these are loving rad, especially as a Dark Mechanicum army for 30k.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Zereth posted:

That's clearly Space Rusade though? :confused:

Perhaps their russet potato farm is under attack.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Bummer, because Prodos makes some decent Alien and Predator models.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Apparently Prodos is only publishing this shitshow and not sculpting it, but I still think it reflects poorly on the company.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Kwyndig posted:

Pretty much all the Space Crusade stuff looks like trash, but the Warzone figures are so insanely inconsistent in their sculpts, even in the same armies. At least none of them (except for a few Dark Legion models) have their tits out, but several are wearing thighhighs and combat loincloths, which for a game about corporate warfare in the future set against a backdrop of NotChaos evil is just mindboggling.

The Demigods line is all poo poo though.

Eh, Warzone, even more so than 40k, was influenced and based on stuff like 2000AD, Ronin and other 80's/90's comics. The sort of scuzzy punk rock hooker meets oppressive gaskmasked corporate overlords vibe was very central to that whole style.

I'm not a big fan of the titsmarines, but I do like the bikers, if they're reasonably priced I might pick some of them up for my FFoKF 80's themed street gang.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

SRM posted:

Apparently Prodos is only publishing this shitshow and not sculpting it, but I still think it reflects poorly on the company.
Why. Cuz theya wicked hawt?

SRM whatcah got 'gainst wicked hawt bawdies?

You ain't one of them Ork pumpas is ya?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

The UK trademark is in their name. There's an EU trademark that seems to be these guys: http://www.gamezoneminiatures.com/ so they might just be handling the UK distribution.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Ah yes, another victory for Spanish copyright law I see.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Why. Cuz theya wicked hawt?

SRM whatcah got 'gainst wicked hawt bawdies?

You ain't one of them Ork pumpas is ya?

You say this like I don't get enough of this every week at my game club

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

parabolic posted:

Bummer, because Prodos makes some decent Alien and Predator models.

Are they the ones that make the sexy Predator line as well? Cause poo poo is disturbing.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Imagine those Space Crusade tit models painted by the typical sort of troll-man that'd by that stuff. Just imagine what those would look like when completed.

:shepface:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

goatface posted:

The UK trademark is in their name. There's an EU trademark that seems to be these guys: http://www.gamezoneminiatures.com/ so they might just be handling the UK distribution.

FWIW Gamezone are the guys who claimed to have gotten hold of the Heroquest license and are apparently publishing an anniversary edition - http://www.heroquestclassic.com/en/.

I guess they're going after all the old MB/GW collaborations and banking on the nostalgic names.

The nekkid SOBs are still terrible though.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

SRM posted:

You say this like I don't get enough of this every week at my game club

Oh man, you know the best part is, I didn't even realize you were from Boston until just now.

Do you play 40k with Bill Burr?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Eh, Warzone, even more so than 40k, was influenced and based on stuff like 2000AD, Ronin and other 80's/90's comics. The sort of scuzzy punk rock hooker meets oppressive gaskmasked corporate overlords vibe was very central to that whole style.

I'm not a big fan of the titsmarines, but I do like the bikers, if they're reasonably priced I might pick some of them up for my FFoKF 80's themed street gang.

Yeah thinking about it you're right. I was just so skeeved out by some of those Space Crusade pictures my brain jumped into super critical mode.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Yeah I'm a bit disappointed in Prodos over this. I love their Warzone and AvP stuff, never bothered to look at anything else they made.

Oh well, still only ever buying Warzone and AvP stuff from them. Someday. After I finish the other ninety zillion games/armies I'm working on. :suicide:

(The female not-Great-Unclean-One is kinda cool, though)

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

goatface posted:

They've all got exposed stomachs so that all their armour is also suitable as pregnancy wear.

Given how much money Kingdom Death made on its "The demon is pregnancy" poo poo, this seems like a solid idea

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
You guys just don't get it; the torso is a bio-shield generator and the boobs are the forward emitters. Everyone knows if you cover that area with armour it will interfere with the field and cause the soldier to be less protected :science:.
:goonsay:

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
It's sad, because those bikers are pretty kickass and an actual suit of armor away from being cool sisters of battle bikers or something.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

But aren't thpse bikers ESCHER GIRLS or something? Might be mixing up the name.

I dunno if Warzone is more 40k than 40k. Its actually steampunk cyberpunk in space with demons hijacking advanced tech being front and center in the setting.

Some cool minis that I'll never buy, since nobody plays it here and I still have about 11/2 bag of 80 dood old warzone skulpts not converted into heretics

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Well WarZone started AS 40k. Mutant Chronicles was originally a 40K role playing game but then GW decided they didn't like it and axed it, so Heartbreaker changed some stuff and published it themselves. A lot of the cool poo poo they came up (and supposedly that GW complained about) ended up mysteriously in 3rd edition 40k somehow and no one knows why.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Could you give examples? I hate feeling like I am behind obscure geek knowledge curve

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

SRM posted:

Oh wait it gets worse

"So we saw how much money Raging Heroes earned and wanted to get in on a slice of pie as well. Except we are going even further."

Good grief that's just terrible. At least Raging Heroes have a whole bunch of decently clothed models in their sci-fi line up while this seems to have zero.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Feb 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Most of it was I believe rolled into the 3rd Ed Inquisition books. Since prior to 3rd the Inquisition was pretty undefined and vague in 40k. It was basically the info you got in the army book that came with 2nd Ed and that was it, most Inquisitors were just Terminators in hoods and then Grey Knights were also a vague thing as well. Most of the RT era Inquisition stuff was focused around the Inquisitors hunting down the mortal descendants of the Emperor with a side order of the GK's being special Terminators that were made to kill Daemons. It's pretty clear if you read the early Mutant Chronicles stuff about The Brotherhood, which is what the Inquisition became when they did the rewrites, that they were going in a much more "3rd Ed" (for lack of a better term) direction with the Inquisition while GW was still more in a "2nd ed is fun and wacky" sort of place. From what I've heard they looked at 40k and decided to go whole hog on writing stuff into parts of the setting that were fairly undefined or low in scale because the actual breadth of concepts for a game about Space Marines is kinda shallow, and so that's why so much of it is about things like sinister cults, lone commandos and groups of religiously motivated assassins. A lot of it was, I guess originally, supposed to explore the religious foundations of the cult of the Emperor, which is where a lot of the stuff that later became about Durand came from. Basically, Mutant Chronicles is the game you get when a bunch of guys read through the setting bible for 40k and realize that all the cool stuff is the weird little things in the deep cracks and recesses and not the Orks vs Marines splattered on the cover. I think MC is actually a much better setting than 40k, even though huge swaths of their backstory is almost identical. MC is much more "cyberpunk" in the sense that it has this sort of overall sense of dread and desperation. I think also the not-Chaos guys in MC are actually a more interesting enemy than Chaos itself is because they are presented as more insidious and subversive while 40k Chaos is very black and white (outside of stuff like the "good" 40k books). Basically there is a reason people still love things like the Lost and the Damned, Genestealer Cults and Sensei Knights, and a lot of what fueled the design of Mutant Chronicles and WarZone as a universe was people who also were into that specific angle of 40k. The miniatures for WarZone were never in-line with the style of the art and the tone of the stories in the books, but I think it's very telling that the game originally died around when 3rd Edition 40k saw a general shift towards a more gritty and dark and less irreverent and ultra-violencey version of 40k which was always (in my mind at least) where the big difference between the two games lay. It's cool that the game and RPG are back and being worked on again but I feel that the ship has long ago sailed for the setting as a whole. Most of what was good about the game heavily influenced Warmachine which I think at this point is basically where the actual bloodline of the original game has continued.