Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Should have called that update "The Citizens".

Why, its not like you could have passenger fli-

quote:

2.2 – Guardians
Coming Summer 2016
Take what comes and strike back with double. Bring a second ship to every combat encounter with Ship-Launched Fighters and defend your passengers against the deadliest threats in the galaxy.

- oh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
In XCOM news, I chuckle every time someone says "commander". They say it a lot. Also murdering aliens with with your hanzo steel is pretty cool

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

K8.0 posted:

Is there an archived version of the Stimpire post or is that glory gone forever? I want to show someone exactly how hosed up the SC community is.
ALL GLORY UNTO THE STIMPIRE

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
If i love books like the commonwealth saga, the culture and the foundation stuff will I enjoy Dune?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

K8.0 posted:

Is there an archived version of the Stimpire post or is that glory gone forever? I want to show someone exactly how hosed up the SC community is.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Wafflz posted:

I wonder if the Stimperor knows he's basically a hero in this thread.

Who knows.

All I know is his favorite game is "Operation".

But if you can't get the funny bone, 50,000 volts gets shot through ya.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Wolverine's birthday of July 14th might break continuity. :rip: my immersion

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Thank you very much for your swift work commandos. All of you who failed to post a link will be subjected against your will to an electronic acid catheter.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

This random gif on the internet seemed apt for this thread.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

K8.0 posted:

Thank you very much for your swift work commandos. All of you who failed to post a link will be subjected against your will to an electronic acid catheter.

What if it is my will?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

hottubrhymemachine posted:

If i love books like the commonwealth saga, the culture and the foundation stuff will I enjoy Dune?

Dune is ASoIaF in space with an apotheosis and less rape.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
It owns.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/44d49a/versebusters_ep01/

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

This but as a reply to every thread on the subreddit.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

MeLKoR posted:

Dune is ASoIaF in space with an apotheosis and less rape.

Is there cool advanced tech in it? All i know is it has something called spice in it and maybe there are big worms.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

I love how they just tack LOD (made by an indie team of less than two dozen) in there with all the mega-budget, mega-games with mega-teams. Those wankers have way too much time on their hands.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

It used to be, which was frustrating for convenience stores. It was entirely possible for people purchasing items with a credit card to actually be a net loss for the business, given that it wasn't uncommon for small businesses to have a 2-3% cut from all credit card sales as well as fixed fee per transaction. If someone buys a soda for 99 cents and pays for it with a credit card, that single transaction might cost twenty cents from the business that would otherwise go to the business if the customer paid with cash. That's why even when it was against the rules, you'd see convenience stores setting minimums because small purchases could cost the business money

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

fuctifino posted:

This random gif on the internet seemed apt for this thread.

Actually laughed my loving rear end off.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

grimcreaper posted:

FYAD is basically the shithole of SA. Its not funny, its not good, and most definitely not a place to go for any reason other than to think "Holy hell, everything bad people say about SA is true in this one god damned forum. gently caress this place."

FYAD is a place for friends who are funny smart and sexy to talk relevant issues

GBS for you

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Most of Derek's post are the equivalent of your mom posting last months funny cat picture on facebook

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

YES.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Is there cool advanced tech in it? All i know is it has something called spice in it and maybe there are big worms.
There is space travel but it's all hand waved, people fight with blades and there is very little automation for reasons. It's not about the tech, it's about the society/ies and how becoming a god might not be all that it's cracked up to be.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

There's lots of fun tech stuff but it's largely wrapped up in the even more fun political stuff. Space travel is entirely controlled by a group with a monopoly because going from one planet to another requires you to make the point you're at simultaneously co-exist in the same place as the one you want to go to, like in Event Horizon, and they're the only ones who can do it. So they get to make all kinds of absurd demands and literally everyone hates them for it, but you can't get your army anywhere without playing nice, so everybody is simultaneously sucking up and trying to find a way to make an end-run around the Guild.

Seriously, Dune does political intrigue better than anybody. In the first two chapters you find out the bad guys have a traitor in the good guys' ranks. Most of the time that would be it and the author would try to make it a mystery but instead the villain just straight up tells you 'this is who my guy on the inside is, and here is my plan for him'. Then you get to go through the next part of the narrative knowing this guy's a traitor and seeing how it colors his interactions with the rest of the group and understanding his motivations and why he decided to betray his friends who have been good to him (and who he has a lot of affection for) and how it's tearing him up to do it but he has no choice, instead of the plot being consumed with 'hmmmm who is the traitor, it's a mystery'.

Dune owns.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

D_Smart posted:

I love how they just tack LOD (made by an indie team of less than two dozen) in there with all the mega-budget, mega-games with mega-teams. Those wankers have way too much time on their hands.

How many people were on the team that made Mystery House? Don't use lack of manpower as an excuse for your failings, Derek.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

In Dune, the oppressive Stimpire has outlawed all computers (I'm serious).

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Holy Christ

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjDOY3CyFE8

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I'm the fez substituting for a personality or anything interesting to say

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

:golfclap:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Eonwe posted:

I'm the fez substituting for a personality or anything interesting to say

You don;t have to be crazy to work here but it helps!!!

*spins bow tie*

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
Derek add an in-game bug report/feedback widget to LoD or make the one that is there more obvious please. Also what made you realize that early access for $100 was not a great idea?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AugmentedVision posted:

In Dune, the oppressive Stimpire has outlawed all computers (I'm serious).

There is no faction remotely similar to the Stimpire in Dune, much less the Bene Gesserit.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

You are a good person.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You are a good person.

I have added a description that links to the original video and invites everyone to comment on the original video, because they have disabled comments on theirs and we need true, open, development

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Dolvak is goddamn insufferable

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Eonwe posted:

He is a lovely Zangief

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/44do1x/universebusters_ep01/

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Eonwe posted:

Dolvak and Ben,
sitting in a tree,
S-H-I-L-L-I-N-G

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Can't wait till Derek gets to the post about CS misleading that guy about chargebacks and "reporting you to Paypal"

• Locked thread