Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Ruggington posted:

The design of the main character is something

It's to cater to the modern Vita crowd.

Proof Sony had moles in the former thread.

Looper posted:

"If you are having problems please contact support"
"NO I don't wanna!"

In all fairness, SONY support is in its own category of festering poo poo magnitudes..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Looper posted:

"If you are having problems please contact support"
"NO I don't wanna!"

Are you serious? Do you contact support for things that aren't some account related thing generally? It's 2016.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

CrashCat posted:

If it's a dumb fix and you gotta wade through several pages of canned troubleshooting scripts from the poor poo poo on the other end of the line to get to the dumb fix, I could see wanting to know that dumb fix instead of going through it yourself :shrug:

If there is a dumb simple fix, i'd love to hear it, but from the comments made so far it sounds like they don't actually have one yet and need customer data.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ddogflex posted:

Are you serious? Do you contact support for things that aren't some account related thing generally? It's 2016.

and you're presumably an adult :)

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Mithaldu posted:

If there is a dumb simple fix, i'd love to hear it, but from the comments made so far it sounds like they don't actually have one yet and need customer data.

Yeah if that's the case I'll just wait. I don't really feel like doing a survey for their fuckup if it doesn't even fix the issue.

That's really all I was asking at first, what happens when you do call. I apologize to everyone.

sayonara chainsaw
Sep 27, 2013
My battery stopped draining and has been going into standby fine since they fixed the PSN inaccessibility yesterday.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/adventures-mana-released-iosandroid

Congratulations Vita fans. You pestered Square-Enix enough they'll look into bringing over a cell phone game.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

we did it

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Nosferatu might be the for real dumbest boss I've ever fought in a jrpg and I have no regrets about just dumping 4 limit breaks into his big dumb face.

Also I've thought long and hard about this and here are my results
1) Towa
2) Vita
3) Sarah

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dehry posted:

Congratulations Vita fans. You pestered Square-Enix enough they'll look into bringing over a cell phone game.

Hurrah!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dehry posted:

Vita means undeath

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

BlazeEmblem posted:

Yggdra Union is pretty fun, but the early game is really hard, since you don't have access to skills for the first few battles. The game is one of the most unique strategy RPGs out there, though Knights in the Nightmare (which I'm surprised isn't on sale as well) is far more unique in that aspect.
Turns out Knights in the Nightmare is on sale with the rest of them after all, probably just skimmed over it when looking at the list or something. The block of Sting PSP games seems to always go on sale together.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

Nosferatu might be the for real dumbest boss I've ever fought in a jrpg and I have no regrets about just dumping 4 limit breaks into his big dumb face.

Also I've thought long and hard about this and here are my results
1) Towa
2) Vita
3) Sarah
Nightmare is fine if you know to bring nightmare immune equipment. Unfortunately, the game doesn't tell you to do this, and you can't go back and buy some.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

CrashCat posted:

Vita means undesu

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Endorph posted:

Nightmare is fine if you know to bring nightmare immune equipment. Unfortunately, the game doesn't tell you to do this, and you can't go back and buy some.

Yeah, but he can also freeze and petrify, and the ghosts he summons confuse and I think also sleep? And then there's the taking one person out of combat thing. That seems like too many status effects to actually accessorize towards. I dunno, I took a few fair runs at it before I just s-breaked all over the place.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah, but you can get him in a loop of summoning new ghosts instead of attacking if you're just constantly dropping All spells.

Still a crappy boss, though.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ddogflex posted:

This is an amazingly stupid thing to say. Hardware and software support exists outside of account issues you big doofus. How the hell do you think you organize warranty/replacements?

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

CrashCat posted:

Turns out Knights in the Nightmare is on sale with the rest of them after all, probably just skimmed over it when looking at the list or something. The block of Sting PSP games seems to always go on sale together.

For some reason, I can't find Knights in the Nightmare whenever I search through PSP games. It doesn't matter much since I have it already, but it is odd.

Anyway, BUY KNIGHTS IN THE NIGHTMARE! It is one of the best games I have ever played.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

BlazeEmblem posted:

BUY KNIGHTS IN THE NIGHTMARE! It is one of the best games I have ever played.

:yeah:

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

kirbysuperstar posted:

This is an amazingly stupid thing to say. Hardware and software support exists outside of account issues you big doofus. How the hell do you think you organize warranty/replacements?

I don't think I said there is no reason to ever call support, but this doesn't seem at all like one of them. Unless the update did break hardware somehow. Haven't heard anyone say that though.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The update is making standby mode drain battery like no tomorrow for a large group of people, so yes it kind of did.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Holy loving poo poo! I just realized that the Steins;Gate anime is based off the Visual Novel game and not the other way around. And I just got done watching the anime.

gently caress, are things really that much better if I play the game first then watch the anime?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Mithaldu posted:

ddogflex posted:

I don't think I said there is no reason to ever call support, but this doesn't seem at all like one of them. Unless the update did break hardware somehow. Haven't heard anyone say that though.

:siren:Set the standby timeout to one minute and let it go to sleep by itself when you're done with it instead of hitting the power button. :siren:

Then wait for a firmware update to fix whatever they've hosed up. I had crazy "dead-overnight" drain for the first couple of days after the update and since I started doing the above its completely normal.

It looks like the power button is just turning off the screen instead of putting the console into standby. The vita logo stays lit when you turn it off by the power button but will blink and go off like normal when you let it sleep by itself.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Feb 6, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

Holy loving poo poo! I just realized that the Steins;Gate anime is based off the Visual Novel game and not the other way around. And I just got done watching the anime.

gently caress, are things really that much better if I play the game first then watch the anime?
They're basically telling the same story. The VN contains a few random plot threads that the anime cut for time and some alternate endings, but I wouldn't really call it essential reading or anything.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

punk rebel ecks posted:

What Endorph said, also the VN has a much more interesting aesthetic for the character designs. You also get a little more internal monologue from the main character obviously which given his personality may be a plus or minus for some people.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

What Endorph said, also the VN has a much more interesting aesthetic for the character designs. You also get a little more internal monologue from the main character obviously which given his personality may be a plus or minus for some people.

gently caress! I wish I could have read the Visual Novel first. Now there is no point in playing it since I already know most of the story and characters. :eng99:

Curiously, I went to a site called VN database (looks like the IMDB of visual novels) to look at games that were rated higher than Steins;Gate. There was only one called "Muv Love Alternative". It turns out it is releasing on the Vita in the West soon due to some kickstarter. So I'll probably try that out.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
If I had to guess, I think the firmware update caused some PSN network request failures to not only occur but keep trying over and over after each failure and you have to reset the drat thing to get it to stop. It's similar to the same reason your cell phone will drain a lot more at 1 bar than usual. Those requests eat up cycles like crazy.

The weird part is that it's only happening to some people and not others.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

My Vita and all of its games are finally here:

Did I do good?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

punk rebel ecks posted:

Did I do good?

You did very good, enjoy!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Make sure to play Welcome Park to learn about cool features like the rear touchpad and camera + sign up to Near to connect with nearby Vita owners

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Did I do good?

Yes. Those are easily 3 of the best games for the thing. Have fun! Make friends with goons!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Make sure to play Welcome Park to learn about cool features like the rear touchpad and camera + sign up to Near to connect with nearby Vita owners

Don't forget to plug your SSID into Skyhook so near will work correctly or at all!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

why is the trails box so big?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Looks like that's the fancy Lionheart Edition that comes with an art book.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Real hurthling! posted:

Special edition with an art book, and room to hold the second game when it comes out.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

So I signed up for PSN and all, but it hasn't emailed me to my email address yet to confirm my account. It's been ten minutes so far, how long does this take?

Real hurthling! posted:

It must be because it is that good. :smug:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

You may want to get PS+ for the automatic online savegame backups and maybe the occasional decent free PS+ game.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

You may want to get PS+ for the automatic online savegame backups and maybe the occasional decent free PS+ game.

Do I need PS+ to play online? I know you do for the PS4, but I don't know about the Vita.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

No but I don't think I've ever played a Vita game online (the only one I can even think of is Killzone)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

Did I do good?

Haha these are exactly the first three games I'm going to get as well.

My Vita and Cold Steel got lost in the bowels of the US Postal Service for 3 days but finally I got them.

The cartridge is so cute and tiny