Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Lycus posted:

There's no way that Abby receives a single vote for chancellor.

A single vote.

From Kane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Not with Beardy loving Sanders all but kissing grounder babies, and crushing it with the local customs.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Pike will run for Chancellor and win, but Abby and Kane will oppose him as a joint Chancellor. Probably by the end of the season they do away with any single leader and Bellamy gets a seat at the leadership table after Clarke turns it down.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I was really surprised nobody vehemently opposed trying to get the missiles operational. They went from "no we can't even look at Mount Weather, it'll break the truce" to everybody jumping on the Dr. Strangelove boat.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Johnny Truant posted:

I was really surprised nobody vehemently opposed trying to get the missiles operational. They went from "no we can't even look at Mount Weather, it'll break the truce" to everybody jumping on the Dr. Strangelove boat.

Other than Kane, Jasper, and Octavia, the rest of the Ark survivors were probably itching to give the grounders the middle finger and live with the modern conveniences of Mount Weather.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I'm just glad the chill guy in charge of computers didn't get stabbed. I've always liked that dude and when he was chasing that Letho looking motherfucker, I totally thought he was going to bite it. Glad Raven was there to save the day, but MAN ALIVE that fight scene was horrendously edited/shot.

It's a shame to see Mt Weather and its one hallway go though. Seemed like there was some good potential there, but I guess it would've unbalanced the war in a big way. The easily-activated, one minute self destruct was a bit cartoony though. Why would that one random guard even have that code?

No Jaha/Murphy this ep, and it was way better for it!

Sober posted:

Also that was pretty crappy in an otherwise good episode, felt like the show intentionally wanted to do a take on a particular Red Wedding stabbing given how it was choreographed.
Hah, I thought the same thing. It was suitably brutal and nasty though kind of inefficient. Shame they didn't do more with her as a character, anyway.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Troposphere posted:

drat there's so much death in this show I love it

The 100 is firing on all cylinders and getting better and better by every episode. I loving love it, it's Continuum all over again. Finally humanity has discovered how to make good sci-fi without meandering around on unplanned weightless plots and character death fakeouts that never lead up nowhere (Looking it at you Lost and BSG).

Kane continues to be the best person in the show in so many ways.

Bellamy should just take Pike in the back and shoot him in the head, he's going to gently caress something up at some point. Clarke is going to end up slitting his throat or genociding the living half of the Farm Station sooner or later, so its no loss.

Troposphere posted:

of course bellamys gf existed only to die

Everyone except like a dozen people do

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Feb 5, 2016

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

DarkCrawler posted:

Bellamy should just take Pike in the back and shoot him in the head, he's going to gently caress something up at some point
OH! Most hosed up part of the episode. There are some totally reasonable grounder guards who are technically on the protagonists' side but they have to be MURDERED because they're in the way? It makes sense for Pike, but for Bellamy to condone/do it?

Could've just come out and been like "yo, we got info for your boss".

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Rocksicles posted:

3 eps in and we are what... 50 dead? i loving love this show.

Official The 100 Season 3 Kill Count

1! 1/2!

1 + 1/2!

2 + 1/2!

3!

A motherfucking panther!

Psyke!

5!

6!

7!

8!

9!

10!

11!

12!

13!

14!

50! (13 people + 1 panther + 36) CLARKIN' SPREEEEE

VagueRant posted:

OH! Most hosed up part of the episode. There are some totally reasonable grounder guards who are technically on the protagonists' side but they have to be MURDERED because they're in the way? It makes sense for Pike, but for Bellamy to condone/do it?

Could've just come out and been like "yo, we got info for your boss".

He thought it was a grounder-wide conspiracy with Lexa on it.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Did something happen to the cw.com streaming? The site says that the content is not available in my location but I have been able to watch the other episodes. I watched Arrow and the Flash yesterday but now they are unavailable. Looks like all their streams are saying that.

Streaming from USA and they all worked before. Is it me or is this happening for everyone?

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Holy gently caress how is this show so good

DarkCrawler posted:

Kane continues to be the best person in the show in so many ways.

His character progression really has been my favorite so far, just how he got to where he is as such an empathic and capable leader from all the poo poo he started off with, that I'm just dreading the catch 22 they'll eventually have to face him with because no one on this show is safe from making decisions where there's no easy out.

hope and vaseline fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Feb 5, 2016

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

hope and vaseline posted:

His character progression really has been my favorite so far, just how he got to where he is as such an empathic and capable leader from all the poo poo he started off with, that I'm just dreading the catch 22 they'll eventually have to face him with because no one on this show is safe from making decisions where there's no easy out.

I love it. All his life he has been operating on "We must sacrifice these people so ALL of us can survive." and it made complete sense because he was right based on their knowledge at the time. But all that is because he just believes in survival of humanity above all else. Then he lands down on the ground, gets that humanity is a much bigger thing, and just extends that same protection to everyone. His character never does a turn, nobody talks to him and turns him to the right side - the circumstances make it so that he has the opportunity to do positive things to further humanity's survival.

And while that is going on, the viewer realizes that he was never a bad guy. In fact I don't think there is a character more willing to sacrifice themselves for the greater good in the show.

He was always empathetic and capable, it's just that in the Ark empathy means death and capable means calculating the odds to survive.

(In comparison Mount Weather has no excuse. Monty was right, they should have committed suicide. :shrug:)

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 5, 2016

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I even think, when it comes down to it, Kane is the only truly good character in this show. Yeah he did hosed up poo poo on the Ark, but it was a hosed up survival situation.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Error 404 posted:

I even think, when it comes down to it, Kane is the only truly good character in this show. Yeah he did hosed up poo poo on the Ark, but it was a hosed up survival situation.

Just gonna make it that much more tragic when Pike murders him for being a dirty grounder lover

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

DarkCrawler posted:

He was always empathetic and capable, it's just that in the Ark empathy means death and capable means calculating the odds to survive.

Definitely, as an audience we were just intentionally placed in media res to the whole death of the Ark storyline to see the worst qualities of Kane without the context of how he got there. Plus, it was a great early "villain" reversal they pulled off.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Error 404 posted:

He got all those people killed on the Ark by pushing through his agenda but once he found out he was wrong he was completely repentant.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

muscles like this? posted:

He got all those people killed on the Ark by pushing through his agenda but once he found out he was wrong he was completely repentant.

Exactly my point. Compared to situations others were put in, Kane was desperate between 'bad thing' and 'worse thing' if there had been any option at all (that he knew about) he absolutely wouldn't have spaced those folks.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

Kane becoming the level headed good leader to Jaha's "gotta get everyone in the Matrix" cult leadership will never cease to be funny to me.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Severe lack of Murphy this episode :(

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

hope and vaseline posted:

Severe lack of Murphy this episode :(

Which means a lack of Jaha, which makes a better episode imo. I was all aboard the Murphy train until it turned into a road trip with the only character on the show I haven't been able to like.

I am interested in the weird SOMA-esque plot with the AI and wherever it will end up leading, at least.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
Poor Raven, after seeming to finally decide to get her leg fixed those dirty grounders blew up the medical equipment.

Love this show, I just hope they don't do something crazy like have Clarke stop killing.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

DarkCrawler posted:

1! 1/2!

1 + 1/2!

2 + 1/2!

3!

A motherfucking panther!

Psyke!

5!

6!

7!

8!

9!

10!

11!

12!

13!

14!

He thought it was a grounder-wide conspiracy with Lexa on it.

Top guessing skills there.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So is the next episode going to start with a really annoyed looking seneschal standing over Clarke and Lexa in bed?

None of the other commanders did this! :argh:

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I like how in the episode they told you exactly around how many people were in mt weather so people could do accurate kill counts

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Troposphere posted:

I like how in the episode they told you exactly around how many people were in mt weather so people could do accurate kill counts

This raises a point actually, was the grounder buddy of Lincoln's out of the mountain or did he go down with the hospital?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
OH poo poo, NYKO!

Don't be dead brobeans....

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Surely they would've showed him if he was still there.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
They were probably off telling all their grounder buddies about all the cool poo poo in Mount Weather they can't wait to share with everyone, and how much better all their lives will soon be because of it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lycus posted:

Surely they would've showed him if he was still there.

He's dead, don't worry. It's the perfect reason for Lincler to brood and have shirtless fighting montages.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This is the most metal show ever. And I loving loved Clarke's Warrior Princess outfit.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

DarkCrawler posted:

What about the two dudes in the car with their necks slit?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

hollylolly posted:

...except for the girl at the trading post.
Yeah, I posted that before watching any of the s3 episodes. Kind of interesting it was true at the end of s2 but I guess I was too late at making the observation

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

DarkCrawler posted:

I love it. All his life he has been operating on "We must sacrifice these people so ALL of us can survive." and it made complete sense because he was right based on their knowledge at the time. But all that is because he just believes in survival of humanity above all else. Then he lands down on the ground, gets that humanity is a much bigger thing, and just extends that same protection to everyone. His character never does a turn, nobody talks to him and turns him to the right side - the circumstances make it so that he has the opportunity to do positive things to further humanity's survival.

And while that is going on, the viewer realizes that he was never a bad guy. In fact I don't think there is a character more willing to sacrifice themselves for the greater good in the show.

(In comparison Mount Weather has no excuse. Monty was right, they should have committed suicide. :shrug:)

l am a Kane Superfan and am glad he's Chancellor again. He is the most deserving of the role (and thank God they didn't tween out and give to Clarke so she could be Teen President for reasons).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Usually people wrongly apply the term "fridging" broadly to the death of any female character but that was pretty much the textbook definition of it.

Of course, if you didn't know she was dead meat the second she appeared on screen you've never seen a CW show. Teen idol heartthrob male leads don't get into actual relationships off screen. At least she had kind of a badass death.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Astroman posted:

l am a Kane Superfan and am glad he's Chancellor again. He is the most deserving of the role (and thank God they didn't tween out and give to Clarke so she could be Teen President for reasons).

I just want him and Abby to hook the gently caress up already.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
I'm looking forward to the Clexammy love triangle

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Fast Luck posted:

Yeah, I posted that before watching any of the s3 episodes. Kind of interesting it was true at the end of s2 but I guess I was too late at making the observation

I think Anya had blonde hair. Probably it's just that everybody's hair is really dirty so it's hard to see.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

What about the two dudes in the car with their necks slit?

Oh yeah, you're right! I guess it's 51 (and one panther)

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Astroman posted:

For reasons... She's motherfuckin Wanheda: Mountain Slayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

VagueRant posted:

OH! Most hosed up part of the episode. There are some totally reasonable grounder guards who are technically on the protagonists' side but they have to be MURDERED because they're in the way?

Well yeah?

Pretty sure this season is going to end with Genghis Clarke, Pike, Lexa and Charles Vane killing every member of the Ice Nation.

Farm Station never forget.

• Locked thread