Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

"ACME safety net"?

Don't ACME products always suck? So even if the net was there it wouldn't do any good.

Unless I'm an idiot and ACME is a reference to something other than Looney Tunes.

:eng101: Acme was chosen for that cartoon because fly-by-night companies that sold shoddy goods would often set up under the name Acme to get that little 'first in the phone book' edge on their more established competition. So, Acme products were widely known to be shite, even though there were dozens of individual companies that might have had that name! :eng101:

Seriously there is so much in those old cartoons that makes so much sense in context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.
Arguably political cartoons, Topps (the people that did the Garbage Pail Kids cards) did a series of 'Presidential Candidates' modelled after some of their old designs.

Some of the likenesses still manage to be better than some of the regulars in this thread.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This is an edit, right..? :confused: Has heroin been in the news or something?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Death has been defeated with Heroin.

Large Ark :fap:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Safety Factor posted:

I've heard there's a pretty serious heroin problem in Maine and New Hampshire. :shrug:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Safety Factor posted:

Yea dude, heroin is finally being recognized as something that's really loving up a ton of places.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Met posted:

Death has been defeated with Heroin.

I suppose Noah can just know the sex of a dinosaur that will emerge from an egg? Or he got like, armloads of the fuckin' things?

I remember the story, Noah carrying fuckin' armloads of eggs and baby animals because the Ark wasn't big enough to carry their full-sized adult equivalents.

1And God said unto Noah, "2These measurements will suffice for adult animals of most kinds, 3but you're gonna have to carry a bunch of eggs because I didn't make it quite big enough for the really big ones."

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

gently caress yeah Berserker Bernie.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

After Eden's obsession with the Ark borders on maniacal. Come on, man, there are other stories in the Bible that you could use as a basis for one of your cartoons.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
In the past few years, the greater prevalence of American made top shelf weed has kind of eaten into Mexican cartel's marijuana profits, so they've opted to focus on downsizing their MJ operations and trading in heroin. This has led to a flood of cheap heroin on American streets - meaning the go to drug of pretentious middle class youth is now very popular with the poor. Heck, if anything heroin is now cheaper than Oxycontin in some places.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Rorus Raz posted:

I see we're giving Rall a run for his money in the worst caricature race.

"Now I'm Pruneface! Take that, Donald Tracey!"

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Hey, most of this thread! You have something in common with Jesus!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The God Adam4d worships is a dick

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Whoah big bone to asexuals thrown out of nowhere! Guess Adam4d is coming around on the queer community after all!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

TheBigAristotle posted:

"But there is a chance that there's a higher power that's focused on keeping me single and celibate?"
"That's not-"
"Reddit was right!"
"Okay actually now I can see why you have trouble with women."

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

TheBigAristotle posted:

Only those chosen by God may breed, all others must die for the church. A Waco cartoon.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

prefect posted:

I've heard there's a pretty serious heroin problem in Maine and New Hampshire. :shrug:

As someone from the Northeast it's kind of funny (in the unexpected sense) to hear people question this, but yeah. It's a huge deal here. Considered an epidemic. Didn't realize it was region-specific.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Bass Bottles posted:

As someone from the Northeast it's kind of funny (in the unexpected sense) to hear people question this, but yeah. It's a huge deal here. Considered an epidemic. Didn't realize it was region-specific.

I didn't realize it was considered region-specific either, since it's a big deal out mid-west here in Ohio.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Flowers For Algeria posted:

"The state of emergency, we shouldn't develop a taste for it!"
Three weeks ago, the Constitutional Council (our Supreme Court, kinda) said that there was no problem with the fact that we were still under the state of emergency. The Council of State (our Supreme Court, kinda) agreed and said it saw no objections to furthering it by three more months. The government plans to add provisions in the Constitution related to the state of emergency. Woohoo.

Is there no French version of Star Wars? Or maybe the entire country just forgot the prequels... can't say I'd blame them.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Death has abandoned his duties for heroin addiction, leaving mankind immortal?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This may have been my favorite part of the debate :allears:

Met posted:

"How did Noah fit dinosaurs on the ark?"
"The dinosaurs died out hundreds of millions of years before mankind came to dominate the planet, so it wasn't an issue."

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Feb 6, 2016

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It's Friday night, and Death is getting ready for the

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Buncha Bernie Bavatars

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
The current heroin epidemic is also getting more attention and being treated differently from past drug epidemics because--surprise!--most of those affected are white:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/31/us/heroin-war-on-drugs-parents.html

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Selachian posted:

Telnaes sketches from the Democratic townhall and debate. Despite her earlier horse-and-unicorn cartoon, she's looking awfully pro-Bernie here....

I think it's totally possible to be pro-Bernie while also thinking that so far the media has gone easier on his campaign than on Clinton's.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Also, does anyone know the font that Adam4D uses?

EDIT: Slight correction.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Feb 6, 2016

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Somfin posted:

1And God said unto Noah, "2These measurements will suffice for adult animals of most kinds, 3but you're gonna have to carry a bunch of eggs because I didn't make it quite big enough for the really big ones."

Would that actually be that unreasonable? I mean, the drat thing was already bigger than a wooden ship can be built before it tears itself apart, does putting even more poo poo on Noah's plate really make sense?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Uh... son. I was actually gonna suggest that you, you know, get an interest. Maybe a hobby of some kind. Women are people, they're not loving prizes that you get for being a good person. You don't 'get a wife,' son, you meet someone. Try doing that.

And stop staring and my dick, son. That's gross.

Keiya posted:

Would that actually be that unreasonable? I mean, the drat thing was already bigger than a wooden ship can be built before it tears itself apart, does putting even more poo poo on Noah's plate really make sense?

Naw, it was more the idea that God's design for the Ark was insufficient to actually hold all the animals (but it was planned! Obviously!) that I was objecting to.

Like, gently caress, Leitha, you're the one who keeps banging on about how big and thick and long and hard the Ark was, why the gently caress are you getting drawn into this rubes' game of justifying where they put everything? Surely they "just had room?"

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
The message is sort of ruined by the fact that he spends a lot of time about how lovely Jesus's life was and how much suffering he did.

"Well, you know how Jesus died for all our sins? You'll be like that, except everyone will forget you after you suffer and die."

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Death has abandoned his duties for heroin addiction, leaving mankind immortal?

He looooves heroin!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
A couple weeks ago I'd decided that I was going to read through the thread again and note stories and a handful of cartoons for each month, since by the end of every year we've forgotten what happened through most of it. I got sick of it after two weeks of January, then took a week off, and now I'm a thousand posts behind.

This thread is not a thread you want to burn your way through, you guys.

OldMold
Jul 29, 2003
old cold gold mold

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Nonsense, this is etc.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Adam Ford is exhausting.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Has Biden actually said terrible, stupid things or is it just Ramirez projecting really hard?

I mean besides his introduction of Obama at the 2008 DNC which I will readily admit was... very not-good.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

TheDarkFlame posted:

A couple weeks ago I'd decided that I was going to read through the thread again and note stories and a handful of cartoons for each month, since by the end of every year we've forgotten what happened through most of it. I got sick of it after two weeks of January, then took a week off, and now I'm a thousand posts behind.

This thread is not a thread you want to burn your way through, you guys.

I was recommended this thread last year, but I quickly realized if I let it go unread for a day or so I would be a few hundred posts behind in no time. And I hate skipping to the end! So in 2016 my SA goal is to keep up with this goddamn thread.

By the way, I recently watched a documentary on HBO about heroin in MA. gently caress big pharma.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Seems really tasteless, considering how recently Biden lost his son to cancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

:golfclap:

• Locked thread