Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

got 200 shares at $.05

LET CARLY SPEAK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Ahahaha randomly bought 25 shares of Obama's gallup poll, forgot about it, and it ended up paying out 20-1

I love this site

Now what do I put this extra 19 bucks into...

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

Gibberish posted:

Now what do I put this extra 19 bucks into...

Carly lol. If it pans out, a lot of goons are gonna win.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

on one hand, she has no chance at the nomination. on the other, they're putting christie and kasich up there, who she beat in iowa. granted they're polling well in nh. but she has a case. it might not be quite a 50/50, but i think the odds are better than what the market's going for, no?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://www.predictit.org/Contract/2017/Will-an-ABC-moderator-or-questioner-bring-up-controversial-Cruz-campaign-tactics#openoffers

Another wacky debate market. No might be worth the 17c but I can't bring myself to pick any up.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Carly ain't going, ABC said it themselves.

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/carly-fiorina-cut-from-debate-the-game-is-173226942.html

Seems like a good pick up at .95

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Gibberish posted:

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/carly-fiorina-cut-from-debate-the-game-is-173226942.html

I still think YES is a decent buy at its current price. Yeah you're probably going to lose but its worth the risk imo.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Yeah, it's just a lottery ticket, but probably a half decent one. It's all the way down to 4 cents, at the moment, so :shrug:. It's only a few bucks and I may even be able to flip it due to the crazy spread.

A lot of people, including Cruz apparently, are complaining about Carly being cut. There's a chance they'll relent. Not a big chance, but a chance.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Gibberish posted:

Feels like déjà vu. A lot of us got burned the last time this came up. It took me so long to claw back from early mistakes, including this one.

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Yeah, it's just a lottery ticket, but probably a half decent one. It's all the way down to 4 cents, at the moment, so :shrug:. It's only a few bucks and I may even be able to flip it due to the crazy spread.

A lot of people, including Cruz apparently, are complaining about Carly being cut. There's a chance they'll relent. Not a big chance, but a chance.

It sucks that it isn't CNN again. CNN is so terrible in every way that it was obvious to me they'd cave. ABC probably sucks less, but who knows! I bought my ticket so let's see what happens :getin:

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

I've been accumulating shares of Kasich YES in Vermont, Massachusetts and Minnesota and now have about 2000 of them at 2 or 3 cents. If he does well in NH they are going to pop, but I did manage to sell 57 of them at 12 cents in Massachusetts the other day. This is my biggest lottery ticket right now.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Didn’t Carson have most speaking time in one of the early debates? The big three shouldn’t add up to 101%.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Platystemon posted:

Didn’t Carson have most speaking time in one of the early debates? The big three shouldn’t add up to 101%.

Nah, it's never been Carson. Nor has he gotten close.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
I'd say its probably Cruz. He seems like he has a target on his back.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Vox Nihili posted:

Nah, it's never been Carson. Nor has he gotten close.

Yeah, you’re right, I’m thinking of soporific Carly.

Kasich, Christie, and Bush are undervalued as upsets. They haven’t won yet, but they’ve got close enough that I consider it possible. Carson has done so poorly that I won’t bet on him (or Carly since she won’t be on stage) for even one cent.

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 08:42 on Feb 6, 2016

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Hillary for President (general election) is starting to crash a bit, are people getting jitters now that Rubio looks to be gaining for the Republican nomination?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So I went and touched the stove that first burned me. Though I did wear an oven mit this time. Bought 100 at .07, flipped them at .12, and just bought 200 at .04. So come on ABC, let one more monster in.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Had a dream Jeb suspended his campaign this morning. This site is getting to me

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Any thoughts on positions that might see a swing after the debate, or speaking time? I'm not sure if I want to throw my hat into the cruz or trump speaking time ring..

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Oh also yay for those cheap ted cruz above 20% NO shares paying off. I'm wondering if I should sell them off before the debate..a narrative of 'cruz performed strongly' could tank em a bit.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

a cop posted:

Oh also yay for those cheap ted cruz above 20% NO shares paying off. I'm wondering if I should sell them off before the debate..a narrative of 'cruz performed strongly' could tank em a bit.

It's only three days later than the debate, may as well hold.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Aliquid posted:

It's only three days later than the debate, may as well hold.

Oh yeah good point. I'll probably sell em off after NH then.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

gently caress it- at 25 cents a share Trump getting the most speaking time is really tempting, especially given the trends of past debates. He's primed to perform well and the other candidates are going to want to take him down a peg. I'm buyin' a few just to make it more exciting every time he gets attacked.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Vox Nihili posted:

Trump Yes in NH is going up steadily, will probably hit 74c by tomorrow.

For those who still want to :getin:

Trump continues to trend up. This was predicted. I hope everyone got in

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
400 shares @69 cents. If he loses the tears in this thread will be bountiful.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Peachstapler posted:

I'll be sad if only because it means that the race gets a lot more boring from there on out.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Peachstapler posted:

800 @ 69c but I have a sell order in place.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Peachstapler posted:

I waited too long and only got 1180 @ 72. If he does managed to somehow get stumped I can at least take comfort in making back half my losses from the 2nd place contract.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I think Rubio is a good bet for most speaking time since the widest array of candidates will be attacking him at every chance, giving him an opportunity to respond.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

a cop posted:

Any thoughts on positions that might see a swing after the debate, or speaking time? I'm not sure if I want to throw my hat into the cruz or trump speaking time ring..

Bet NO on Rubs?

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
I'm in at a very high number for moderators asking about Cruz's dirty tricks. There's no way they don't ask about it.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

You guys think they'll resolve the next repub candidate to drop out by tonight? Or am I gonna stay up until it is? You guys like Christie before the NH primary and then Jeb? Carly?

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

DJ BK posted:

You guys think they'll resolve the next repub candidate to drop out by tonight? Or am I gonna stay up until it is? You guys like Christie before the NH primary and then Jeb? Carly?

It's usually 7 days from the announcement, so Monday night it will close and I imagine you will get paid out on Tuesday. Christie will probably be a good bet, but not until after NH voting happens

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I hate to say it but I think we should get the gently caress out of Trump to win given the undecideds. I dunno man.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

awwww yeah Cruz dirty tricks

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

CornflakeS.Pecially posted:

awwww yeah Cruz dirty tricks

Congrats to the yeses on that one, didn't touch it myself.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

a cop posted:

I hate to say it but I think we should get the gently caress out of Trump to win given the undecideds. I dunno man.

That's silly. Just buy some Trump wins nothing beforehand. You can buy it right now for .13, so you don't need to spend much to cover your loss if Trump does lose so it'll be a minimum eating into of your profits. I've got some bids in the single digits, because it looks like it'll get there before Tuesday. If not I'll have to buy some insurance in the low teens. If he actually loses NH that'll shoot up like a rocket.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Gyges posted:

That's silly. Just buy some Trump wins nothing beforehand. You can buy it right now for .13, so you don't need to spend much to cover your loss if Trump does lose so it'll be a minimum eating into of your profits. I've got some bids in the single digits, because it looks like it'll get there before Tuesday. If not I'll have to buy some insurance in the low teens. If he actually loses NH that'll shoot up like a rocket.

drat thanks dude. That's a good point.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Every Rubio YES share I own in every market tanked after this debate, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
He did that well, huh?