Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://fat.gfycat.com/UnpleasantReliableBunny.webm

Preview for an upcoming video :v:

Danaru fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jan 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
is...is that the legendary double dunk I see?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Episode 10 - Confused Memories

Grace is a liar :colbert: This was the last episode of the second session, starting with the next episode I'll be adding an episode of cassettes with the update. There's only about four episodes worth of cassettes but they run long. Kaz in particular never shuts up :shepface:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah QTEs suck in this game. And wow you only now got the surface-to-air launcher? Ouch :(

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

For the record, I'm pretty Gallo Pinto is a kind of rice and bean taco basically. sounds yummy.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

SSNeoman posted:

Yeah QTEs suck in this game. And wow you only now got the surface-to-air launcher? Ouch :(

Never needed it, we're just that good. :smuggo: we desperately needed it for the Chrysalis fight so this was perfect timing

Choco1980 posted:

For the record, I'm pretty Gallo Pinto is a kind of rice and bean taco basically. sounds yummy.

Yep, one of Paz's tapes in Ground Zeroes talks about it, I'm pretty sure the same tape is in Peace Walker, but it kinda revolves around the plot twist we've been spoiling literally every time she shows up. Paz is actually a Snatcher bioroid

censorworthy
Nov 4, 2009
strangelove is deeply in lesbians with the boss although i'm forever confused why she didn't just have artificial insemination to have otacon instead of bangin huey??? it was obviously a thing because that's how eva had the twins

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Episode 11 - Snatchers

The boss fights in Peace Walker continue to be awesome, unlike the people playing it.

This is the first episode of a new session so we're slightly more sober for a couple minutes :v:

Also here's a bonus episode where Kaz talks for 58 minutes while we make fun of him.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
oh my god you two are so gay, it's adorable

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Krysmphoenix posted:

oh my god you two are so gay, it's adorable

They really are. It's funny, I realized the other day that all three "Let's play the entire [X franchise of games]" threads I read (This one, the Resident Evil one, and the Final Fantasy one) have LGBT presence in them. Speaking of, Claire, aka Fieldmouse of the GoodFriendsGaming that're doing the Final Fantasy series totally unironically is down for that gay illuminati gangtag for us Queer LPers.

Unrelated, but does anybody have a clue why Big Boss puts the wrong eye to his gun sights? He always holds the sights up to his eyepatch.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Choco1980 posted:

They really are. It's funny, I realized the other day that all three "Let's play the entire [X franchise of games]" threads I read (This one, the Resident Evil one, and the Final Fantasy one) have LGBT presence in them. Speaking of, Claire, aka Fieldmouse of the GoodFriendsGaming that're doing the Final Fantasy series totally unironically is down for that gay illuminati gangtag for us Queer LPers.

Unrelated, but does anybody have a clue why Big Boss puts the wrong eye to his gun sights? He always holds the sights up to his eyepatch.

Animation reuse, probably. Given that this was a PSP game, I imagine they didn't think the correct gun sight eye was too important.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I think you can switch the side you're aiming on, can't you...?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

I think you can switch the side you're aiming on, can't you...?

You can, but the model always has Big Boss aiming with his eyepatch

He's just that good, that's why he's the Legendary Hero :v:

Choco1980 posted:

I don't actually know how gang tags work but that sounds awesome

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

From what I understand from when I changed to the Frankenberry avatar but wanted to keep the monstergeddon tag, it's simply a matter of making sure the image is the right dimensions, and that the "[ IMG ]" tag fits in the little bit you get for text under your avatar. I could be wrong though, because people treat it like outright voodoo sometimes around here.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Actually an exploitative foreign mining company is more like to be Canadian than American: http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/75-of-the-worlds-mining-companies-are-based-in-canada. At least now-a-days. In the 70's odds are it would have been American companies doing the exploiting.

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012
The Outer Ops RNG is an rear end in a top hat. I've had my dudes spend a round firing off Carl Gustavs at infantry and missing, then the next round plinking at enemy armor with their tommy guns. Also, most of the enemy team invariably gets to go first.

Speaking of Outer Ops - as far as I can tell, your troops' weapon loadouts are determined in their "class" (e.g. Commando, Elite Commando, Infantry, Spy, Scout, Supply Solider, Mechanic, etc.) and limited by what you have researched.

Jeedy Jay fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Feb 2, 2016

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah this is the game tightening its bottleneck difficulty-wise. If you want ZEKE parts, time to redo AI fights! You need head from Pupa (don't damage its head, aim for the AI pod or its butt), Railgun from Chrysalis and then head to chapter 4. The other parts are no problem, they just require you to grind. You could of course unlock the AI fights in side-ops but :suicide:
And now is also when you want 2-ish vehicles for each team so hahahaha :suicide:

Amanda recovers as part of the story. It'll happen soon-ish. So feel free to shove her into a team, he stats are quite good.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Choco1980 posted:

They really are. It's funny, I realized the other day that all three "Let's play the entire [X franchise of games]" threads I read (This one, the Resident Evil one, and the Final Fantasy one) have LGBT presence in them.

There are a lot more LGBT LPers than you'd think, its just that there's a little bit of a hesitance from some people to reveal that fact for obvious reasons and also some people just don't think its relevant to their commentary. Me I stopped caring a while ago, everyone who watches my LPs will eventually figure out exactly how gay I am. Its actually really cool that people are becoming more open with that stuff, makes me feel less like a novelty I guess

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Faerie Fortune posted:

There are a lot more LGBT LPers than you'd think, its just that there's a little bit of a hesitance from some people to reveal that fact for obvious reasons and also some people just don't think its relevant to their commentary. Me I stopped caring a while ago, everyone who watches my LPs will eventually figure out exactly how gay I am. Its actually really cool that people are becoming more open with that stuff, makes me feel less like a novelty I guess

When you and I are apart it doesn't come up all that often but when we are in a video together god help the people watching

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Plus there's the fact that who I like to rub my genitals against :ssh: everybody Doesn't really effect how I play Gargoyle's Quest.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
You might get a kick out of this Dan

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

mateo360 posted:

You might get a kick out of this Dan

This is painfully accurate :argh:

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING

Choco1980 posted:

our new world order will be full of YAS QUEENS and home depots.

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
All caught up again and I see you two now know the pain and shame of being dunked by enemy soldiers. :(

I have to say that Graces idea of "saving" you may not be all that bad. You two have been scooping up tons of mans and it would be a shame if MB ended up overflowing with them. All of that "friendly" fire on the other hand... that should be saved for Versus OPs!

"Jungle fatigues are made for jungle combat." Thanks Kaz.

"Why is it so fast?" :downs:
Judging by the fight, you two absorbed almost nothing from the mission briefing tapes. Then again after the Kaz hour of power and heaven only knows how much for the other characters I can't blame you.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
I'll just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAioZzuhOQg

Edit: Wait, Grace said he was making his hair blonde? So, he's Kaz, and Dan is Vic Boss? Should make for a very interesting later episode :v:

Kal-L fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Feb 2, 2016

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGS Peace Walker Episode 12 - Alligator and Wombat: The Ultimate Team

We scoop up a bunch of the side ops we've been ignoring in this episode, it runs a bit long since we wanted to get them all done in one swoop. This episode gets a bit podcast-ey, so Sorry or You're Welcome depending on whether you like that :v:

Speaking of podcast, here's an episode where we listen to an anime talk for half an hour

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Doug-The-Dog is a good name but Tezcatlipoca would be mythologically synergistic.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
I seriously cannot wait until Dan and Grace discover the wonder and majesty that is the box tank.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Oh gently caress Outer Ops stopped screwing around :stare:

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012
I am eagerly awaiting your upcoming boss fight with a G.I. Joe Action Battle Playset.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGS Peace Walker Episode 13 - Old And New

Peace Sentinel has been beefing up their equipment, so we decide we wanna steal some of that :v: We also see an old friend and show it how much we've improved.

Today we're talking to both Amanda and Chico, since neither of them threw billions of tapes at us.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Sorry I'm late guys, just caught up. I understand this is where the fuckbois get money?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Well you did fight Pupa while only having the LAW and the basic air support marker, so you did really drat good. As you can see, having the right equipment makes a huge difference.

But the real prize is that head part scrap you got. Seriously you should celebrate that, it's rarer than a priest in a mosh pit. My friend must have fought Pupa 40 times before he got a complete head.

The Carl Gustav is a good choice for dumbfire rockets, if you can put up with its longass reload spreed.
If you want some future weapon :spergin:, here: You'll eventually get the RPG7, which is like the middle of the road variant between the Gustav and the LAW. It has less ammo than the RPG2, but it does more dmg and is more accurate so it's still basically a replacement.
The LAW is nice because it is very light, so you can run with it on and your sneaking/Camo index isn't badly hampered. This makes it great for capturing vehicles, but not so good against AI bosses. Power-wise it is the weakest launcher in the game.
Your current surface-to-air launcher will eventually be replaced by the experimental Stinger, which has a faster lock-on rate. But getting it is a bitch, it drops from Outer Ops randomly. So if you don't feel like riding the RNG, just use the regular version.

And if you're wondering, weapon rank increases weapon power and general capability. So higher ranked grenades do more damage and cover a higher area.
Weapon level, otoh, is how experienced you are with using it. So higher levels increase your reload speed and your accuracy (note that your MK22's targeting cross-hairs have less spread now). If you're particularly grindy/determined enough, those dummies the soldiers shoot in missions give 1 exp every time you shoot them. So you can just unload with an automatic and get exp that way, but :suicide:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

I was actually wondering about this :v: We've gotten relatively farther than this recording-wise so we have a bunch of the weapons you mentioned, I was planning on bumping this up to an episode every two days instead of three to clear out the backlog a bit, but then I didn't get nearly as much time to edit as I wanted to.

Speaking of which, quick question for the folks who have played before: How much more stuff is there after the first set of credits? We sorta burned through the first 'act' of the game a lot faster than I planned and I'm a bit worried I screwed myself as a result. If it's anything like MGSV I'm going to have to plan out repeat content carefully.

SSNeoman posted:

If you're particularly grindy/determined enough, those dummies the soldiers shoot in missions give 1 exp every time you shoot them. So you can just unload with an automatic and get exp that way, but :suicide:

You have no idea how high a tolerance I have for that kind of stuff :v:

Gemcrim
May 26, 2014

Straight outta Sumaru

Danaru posted:

Speaking of which, quick question for the folks who have played before: How much more stuff is there after the first set of credits? We sorta burned through the first 'act' of the game a lot faster than I planned and I'm a bit worried I screwed myself as a result. If it's anything like MGSV I'm going to have to plan out repeat content carefully.

Pretty much all the more interesting sideops come up after the first credits a good amount of them you'll need to play in order to get the second

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Gemcrim posted:

Pretty much all the more interesting sideops come up after the first credits a good amount of them you'll need to play in order to get the second

You'll also need to have Metal Gear Zeke fully completed (that is, all the main body parts plus a railgun attached) and it needs to be on the base (as you have the option to use it in Outer Ops after it's finished) as well as doing all the Find Zadornov missions (I think there's about 4 or 5 again total, when he escapes again after that check the upper floor of the shooting range in the first Side Ops mission) in order for the final story misson to be unlocked

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 5, 2016

Gemcrim
May 26, 2014

Straight outta Sumaru
Yeah I spaced on that, 6 Zadornov missions then one more in Side op 01

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Gemcrim posted:

Yeah I spaced on that, 6 Zadornov missions then one more in Side op 01

Also as I believe someone already mentioned, the Zadornov missions don't unlock one after another, occasionally you'll need to do some side ops in between before the next one appears (you'll know when that happens as Miller will contact you beforehand).

Honestly I think MGSV handled it's second chapter a little better as in Peace Walker the plot more or less just grinds to a halt until the very last mission. Hell, you probably could have condensed the entire chapter down into 1 or 2 missions and still gotten the same effect.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Weapon experience was such an awful idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Dabir posted:

Weapon experience was such an awful idea.

Every time I hear "Weapon Experience, I think back to GTA San Andreas's Weapon Experience.

"Yes, I finally got a Desert Eagle!" *Headshots deal almost but not quite enough damage to kill people* "Welp"