Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I truly have no idea if that quote is real or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ok, this is just loving sad. I honestly just feel realy bad for him. yeah his politics are crap, but holy poo poo. this man can not win in life right now. this was probaly supposed to be an easy primary for him. now he is draging his mother out of bed/retirement to try prop up the House Bush again.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Jewel Repetition posted:

Has the Bush family given up and are just loving around?

Part of me thinks that this entire election has been the Bush family playing a big prank on Jeb.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Dapper_Swindler posted:

ok, this is just loving sad. I honestly just feel realy bad for him. yeah his politics are crap, but holy poo poo. this man can not win in life right now. this was probaly supposed to be an easy primary for him. now he is draging his mother out of bed/retirement to try prop up the House Bush again.

Or trying to drive sympathy so no one votes for the bully. Would be a good strategy for ANYONE but a Bush.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Jeb Bush loves his mother.

A real Mr. Bates, if you would.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Dapper_Swindler posted:

You know W. is loving loving it. All the poo poo Jeb's been giving him over how great he was running Florida while W. failed to achieve anything after 2004?

"Sure, Jeb!, I think you running for President is a great idea. Buh-bye." *click* "Mission Accomplished, heh heh heh."

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

He's the horrible person still trying when it's painfully apparent he'll never win and wasting a bunch of people's money. He could call it quits any day now. Any embarrassment he experiences is his own fault, and if his poor old mother slips her walker on the NH icy sidewalk, it's going to be his drat fault if she breaks a hip.

Quit now Jebby! Think of your family.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Cantorsdust posted:

He's the horrible person still trying when it's painfully apparent he'll never win and wasting a bunch of people's money. He could call it quits any day now. Any embarrassment he experiences is his own fault, and if his poor old mother slips her walker on the NH icy sidewalk, it's going to be his drat fault if she breaks a hip.

Quit now Jebby! Think of your family.

"Stay in Jebby, you're the only sane one in the race." *click* "Mission accomplished, heh heh heh."

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

My Imaginary GF posted:

Jeb Bush loves his mother.

A real Mr. Bates, if you would.

Jeb is jealous that George HW fucks Barbara and not him

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Cabinet posted:

Who is lazier, Sleepy Ben or Rubio?

At least Ben Carson has sold a few books.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
"Sure, Jebby, I agree that poking that fire with your stick is a good idea." *click* "Mission accomplished, Condi."

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Automatic Slim posted:

At least Ben Carson has sold a few books.

Rubio isn't lazy, he's just cautious.

Why would he need to be cautious? Because Rubio sneaks. He sneaks, and his colleagues in the Senate, such as Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins, hate him for it.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

My Imaginary GF posted:

Rubio isn't lazy, he's just cautious.

Why would he need to be cautious? Because Rubio sneaks. He sneaks, and his colleagues in the Senate, such as Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins, hate him for it.

Olympia Snowe has been out of the Senate since 2013 and only overlapped with Rubio for two years.

Plenty of Senators treat the Senate like a stepping stone, but most aren't as blatant about it as Rubs is.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Rocks posted:

Jeb is jealous that George HW fucks Barbara and not him

Wasn't that a South Park episode?

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 18, 2016

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

that Sia is one rude lady!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Jeb! being the human embodiment of failure has just brought me so much joy this past year

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Rubio is more valuable in the Senate, where he does nothing, effectively nullifying a Republican vote

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.

My Imaginary GF posted:

"Stay in Jebby, you're the only sane one in the race." *click* "Mission accomplished, heh heh heh."

Liking this GW Bush parody account. I like ALL the parody accounts!

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

The candidate accounts are eerily accurate. I assumed that they were all cut and paste of speeches but maybe they are all fresh text. Who knows? :tinfoil:

True to form, MarcoRubio is hardly posting (and Gilmore doesn't surface at all).

Same.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

how did you get the cover photo for next month's mother-boy magazine

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Is it weird if I occasionally think "man, in a worse year I might vote for that Trump parody account's policy ideas"

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
What's weird is that NOBODY in the press seems interested in vetting the Boy in the Bubble.

Did you see Rick Santorum trying to name an accomplishment by Marco Rubio in the Senate yesterday?

It took him 3 MINUTES folks. And what he finally came up with is that Marco helped oppose some amendment to a bill at one point.

Folks, let me tell you, they're already saving a spot for this guy on Mount Rushmore. :rolleyes:

No really though, this is the kind of crap we've come to expect from our so-called leaders in Washington D.C.

Folks, I'm a governor. I actually have to DO things. I HAVE executive experience, and the boy in the bubble just doesn't.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Patter Song posted:

New WBUR NH poll.

Serious question: Since the advent of polling, has any candidate from either party ever continued to win polls while losing primaries, and if so, who did it the longest?

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Patter Song posted:

Olympia Snowe has been out of the Senate since 2013 and only overlapped with Rubio for two years.

Plenty of Senators treat the Senate like a stepping stone
, but most aren't as blatant about it as Rubs is.

You are a very good poster and I respect your opinion on most things but, that is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen posted.

A stepping stone to what? loving God status? You're talking about stepping up from being a U.S. Senator, 1 of only 100 people in the world, for fucks sake.

radical meme fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Feb 6, 2016

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx
Chris, nice to see you here - People, listen, I won't do this a lot, but, look, here's the story OK? The George Washington Bridge. What a disaster. That shutdown, do you remember? All over the news. Chris likes to say he didn't know. How do you have breakfast with people every day of your lives and not know? They're closing up the largest bridge in the world — the biggest in the United States of America — traffic flowing during rush hour, people can't get across for six, seven hours. Ambulances. Fire trucks. Amazing, what a disaster.

So think about it - no, no just think about it - His people never said to him we're closing up the George Washington Bridge. No, they never said that, they're talking about the weather? Right? I mean, can you believe that?

So let me just say this. Chris knew about it, he knew about it. Totally knew about it. Look, it's called life, you gotta be smart in life. I would say there's less than 1 percent chance he didn't know about the bridge. It could be, but I doubt it. He knew about it. They mentioned it. It's so simple people. You can't vote for someone that will lie to cover his rear end. I promise you, I promise, this would have never happened with Trump. Not with Trump.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Listen folks, I know Donald Trump. We get along great. And we're both running for the same office, so things are gonna get heated every now and then.

But let me tell you what's REALLY heated right now - the entire world is burning because of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama's disastrous foreign policy.

This is serious folks. Showtime is over. We are not electing an entertainer-in-chief. Showmanship is fun, but it is not the kind of leadership that will truly change America.

This is not a game where you're puffing out your chest and who can be the biggest toughest guy in public. It's about who can run the country. And I believe the people of New Hampshire will make their decision based on what they think is best for the country. So you know, I'm not going to get into a tit-for-tat with Donald. I'm bigger and better than that, I'm not going to do it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Chris Christie posted:

Listen folks, I know Donald Trump. We get along great. And we're both running for the same office, so things are gonna get heated every now and then.

But let me tell you what's REALLY heated right now - the entire world is burning because of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama's disastrous foreign policy.

This is serious folks. Showtime is over. We are not electing an entertainer-in-chief. Showmanship is fun, but it is not the kind of leadership that will truly change America.

This is not a game where you're puffing out your chest and who can be the biggest toughest guy in public. It's about who can run the country. And I believe the people of New Hampshire will make their decision based on what they think is best for the country. So you know, I'm not going to get into a tit-for-tat with Donald. I'm bigger and better than that, I'm not going to do it.

Attacking Obama/The Democrat candidate and ignoring the other GOP candidates didn't work for Newt (according to Game Change 2012), what makes you think your results will be different?

I'd still take you over Jeb! though

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Chris Christie posted:

Yeah, you're the bigger man alright.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

Serious question: Since the advent of polling, has any candidate from either party ever continued to win polls while losing primaries, and if so, who did it the longest?

if someone wants to dig up the polling data Bill Clinton in 92 would probably fit this

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

His suffering fuels me.

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx

Jewel Repetition posted:

Yeah, you're the bigger man alright.

Oh, not very nice. I'm admonishing you for the press, OK? Go on, get out, get out of here. We can't make fun, its just wrong. Haha, no, it’s all in good fun. We like to have fun right people? We can't be so politically correct. Political correctness is killing us, it's killing us. So stupid, just incredible.

Pustulio
Mar 21, 2012
The advent of the candidate parody accounts is the best thing to happen to this thread in ages.

RACHET
Dec 29, 2014

by exmarx
Why isn't there a Ted Cruz account yet

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

"Listen here, ya little prick. You go home, go get your mom's purse, take all the plastic cards out and bring 'em back here, or I'll gouge your fuckin' eyes out."

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

RACHET posted:

Nobody likes Ted, whether the genuine article or a forums fraud.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Pustulio posted:

The advent of the candidate parody accounts is the best thing to happen to this thread in ages.

Parody?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

RACHET posted:

The canadian dollar has depreciated so much in value he can longer afford a SA account

• Locked thread