Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Realizing how appallingly talentless Sandi is, and the fact that she's probably the reason the entire enterprise has retooled to become a jpg hawking exercise, makes me feel more comfortable with the fact that I'm banned from Twitch for asking whether the in-game cash shop would be powered by regular electricity or the worst kind of electricity.

E: CIG is so much worse than all the evil publishers that I don't mind paying cash for in-game items, or forking over $400 for the next "concept sale." In fact, I'm glad to support Game Development by any means available. After all, you won't be able to purchase ships or items with cash once the game is released (only UEC), Star Marine is not cancelled (it's in the game) and if you don't get it you don't understand Game Development.

BeefThief fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Feb 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
thousands of negative elite dangerous reviews complaining about expansion costs while simultaneously spending thousands on concept ships for a non-existent game is one of the most incredible things i've ever seen

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
Germanski, noooooooooo.....

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/profile/123617/Germanski

On probation for the whole weekend. Is Cobblers available again to speak for our fine feathered friends?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I skipped 50 pages and it took me 5 days but caughtupwiththread.gif

This project is a never-ending gift.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Khanstant posted:

beautiful question

A cryengine mod

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Re: that monthly report, wowzers on the phrasing - if I went to my bosses with a bunch of upcoming work and kept posing all the tasks as being incredibly difficult, they'd interrupt and ask what help they need to bring in or what to cut out from the scope. 4 years in and them reporting anything but confidently saying X IS DONE, Y WILL BE DONE THIS MONTH puts this so far in scam/no one there gives a gently caress territory daaang backers gettin owned so hard

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Marching Powder posted:

thousands of negative elite dangerous reviews complaining about expansion costs while simultaneously spending thousands on concept ships for a non-existent game is one of the most incredible things i've ever seen

Lest we forget how dumb consumers really are:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Marching Powder posted:

Correction: spending thousands on concept ships for a non-existent game that will have paid expansions, and that will have to continue to rely on such paid content to survive.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Tippis posted:

Correction: spending thousands on concept ships for a non-existent game that will have paid expansions, and that will have to continue to rely on such paid content to survive.

For it to ever have paid expansions, it has to be released first.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Iglocska posted:

For it to ever have paid expansions, it has to be released first.

Sure, but the people who make the complaint believe that it will, and paradoxically the only way for the argument to be coherent is if they think it will fail.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Tippis posted:

Sure, but the people who make the complaint believe that it will, and paradoxically the only way for the argument to be coherent is if they think it will fail.

In which case they're technically correct - the best kind of correct!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Iglocska posted:

In which case they're technically correct - the best kind of correct!

So… all the SC cheerleaders are actually goon plants that want SC to fail? :aaaaa:
Suddenly, it all makes sense!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Is this guy banned yet? Does he have diplomatic immunity?

edit: Maybe he's got insider info? :D

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Feb 6, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

tommy noble is a hero :patriot: :911:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

:gary::yarg:

EightAce, I am sorry I for doubting you. It was only in my mind, but you were right- a loving showroom. They truly don't give a poo poo.

Supplementary advice for CGI refugees on Games subforms: Let's Play is hit and miss, Trad games is good, post there.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Tippis posted:

So… all the SC cheerleaders are actually goon plants that want SC to fail? :aaaaa:
Suddenly, it all makes sense!

It's the only logical explanation!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

A cryengine mod

I don't see how you could have known Patrick was leaving without inside information. Leaking stuff here is funny and informative but please be extra careful they can't track you down, we'll eventually find out all that's been going on anyway so no point being one of the casualties involved in all this if you can avoid it.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

AP posted:

I don't see how you could have known Patrick was leaving without inside information. Leaking stuff here is funny and informative but please be extra careful they can't track you down, we'll eventually find out all that's been going on anyway so no point being one of the casualties involved in all this if you can avoid it.

I'm telling you, EightAce is ben's wife :gary:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

I'm telling you, EightAce is ben's wife :gary:

Plot twist

EightAce is token-money

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Iglocska posted:

It's the only logical explanation!

Problem: SC and its zealots aren't exactly subject to logic.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Romes128 posted:

Plot twist

EightAce is token-money

I thought of this, but Ace doesn't sound gay.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I don't understand Reddit

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Evil Fluffy posted:

Is the "The Commanders" expansion going to be the big multiplayer thing or did that already happen? I kinda want to fly around with friends and explore space, find hostiles, and blow them the gently caress up while making money.

I think its upcomming but you might need the hideously overpriced rippy-offy expansion (25 bucks in sales) to get it.
Dont fall for this, better buy a 2500 ship that crews 50 people in 16-player instances somehow.
In a game that doesnt exist.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
eightace is 100% a guy in the game industry that shares an office building with cig in the uk

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Marching Powder posted:

eightace is 100% a guy in the game industry that shares an office building with cig in the uk

Eightace is the cheesesteak bus driver

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
and all the time no one ever suspected the meek caribbean cleaning lady

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
EightAce is the ginger guy outside the building with the "The game is nigh" placard, the one with the lifts in his shoes....

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

MeLKoR posted:

and all the time no one ever suspected the meek caribbean cleaning lady

Sure it isn't some butch Filipino lady? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WinsZdTm-a0&t=58s

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
EightAce is probably Erin Roberts.

Stay safe developer ghost and glory to the Stümper Stimpire!

Atrayonis fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Feb 6, 2016

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

janssendalt posted:

so what the gently caress have I been playing, then?

have you ever logged in to it?

because making an argument as if you were pretty certain of what you're saying, without really being certain, is a bit demented

I wonder how many goons in this forum will be diagnosed with schizophrenia five years from now

Is playing really the right word? You wake up, wait for animation to finish, leave room, walk down a corridor and some stairs, walk into a larger room. Use a terminal to spawn a ship, endure two airlock animations, walk to the ship, get in after the animations finish and hopefully take off (assuming you don't get a bug and clip through something).

Then you can do one of three missions that take maybe 30 minutes each at most. Then you can maybe shoot a few things or repair your ship or go and find a rifle and have a terrible fps experience if you're lucky enough to find someone to shoot in your max 16 player 'verse.

That's your content, so you feel free to go do it all again if you like.

If you're going to talk about how much fun you're having in this broken demo, I suggest you put more effort in as people here just think you're trolling and can't possibly be serious.

Also why'd you go and wipe the vast majority of your comment history from RSI last year?

AP fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Feb 6, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What is Versebusters? Is that another show CIG produce, about their game that people have barely any understanding of how mechanics will work 4 years into its development?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm just going to assume Poe's Law and roll with everything at this point.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Without people having concerns, complaints or (constructive) criticism this game YOU enjoy would not be half as good as what it already is, and it won't be even close to how awesome it will be because of these people.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Can some nice goon link me to the post in this thread where the showroom was first announced? Was it in a RtV episode, and if so which one?

Cobblers
Feb 5, 2016

Come commandos, on wings of joy we'll fly
To where my bower hangs on high;
Come, and make thy calm retreat,
Among procedurally generated green leaves and blossoms sweet.

Mr Fronts posted:

Germanski, noooooooooo.....

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/profile/123617/Germanski

On probation for the whole weekend. Is Cobblers available again to speak for our fine feathered friends?

I'm not sure. I was banned and probated at the same time, but my av is now just greyed out rather than removed entirely. Says a lot about RSI moderation that you often don't know whether you're banned or not.

EightAce posted:

Well I'm not an internet warlord Also Derek has very specifically stated he isn't doing this for shits and giggles..... I am.
I have a unique perspective and can't say more than that.

And yes, stay safe EightAce o9

EDIT: Whoever purchased the av/composed the poem, well done and thank you.

Cobblers fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Feb 6, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Cobblers posted:

I'm not sure. I was banned and probated at the same time, but my av is now just greyed out rather than removed entirely. Says a lot about RSI moderation that you often don't know whether you're banned or not.

You should send them a mail asking exactly why you were banned and if it followed their warnings>probations>bans stated policy. The terrible moderation is why the community is the pile of poo poo it is and they should be called out on it at every opportunity.

Cobblers
Feb 5, 2016

Come commandos, on wings of joy we'll fly
To where my bower hangs on high;
Come, and make thy calm retreat,
Among procedurally generated green leaves and blossoms sweet.

AP posted:

Is playing really the right word? You wake up, wait for animation to finish, leave room, walk down a corridor and some stairs, walk into a larger room. Use a terminal to spawn a ship, endure two airlock animations, walk to the ship, get in after the animations finish and hopefully take off (assuming you don't get a bug and clip through something).

Then you can do one of three missions that take maybe 30 minutes each at most. Then you can maybe shoot a few things or repair your ship or go and find a rifle and have a terrible fps experience if you're lucky enough to find someone to shoot in your max 16 player 'verse.

I've never been able to get that far, to be honest I think you're giving them too much credit. My ship seems to have a 50% chance of exploding whenever I try to totally-not-frameshift-drive/quantum travel, so I've never even come close to finishing a mission.

MeLKoR posted:

You should send them a mail asking exactly why you were banned and if it followed their warnings>probations>bans stated policy. The terrible moderation is why the community is the pile of poo poo it is and they should be called out on it at every opportunity.

This is a good idea.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Up until 2010, makes sense his experience wouldn't carry over past 08 when he started working for us

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Looks like the DOOM marine has been hanging out with my Assault Force Marine. Or separated at birth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

You should sue

• Locked thread