Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Slaan posted:

Its ok. Last month was good enough to listen to multiple times!

OH GOD :f5:

Also, February by its nature brings new episodes closer together than any other month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Alas, it's a leap year, the most treacherous of years.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

angerbeet posted:

Alas, it's a leap year, the most treacherous of years.

Still one day shorter than any other month!

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

so is anyone coming to our snowpacalvpse shows in NYC this weekend?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Earwicker posted:

I'm coming tonight to the 7:00 show!

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

its at 8pm!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Earwicker posted:

its at 8pm!

Doors open at 7 and better early than cutting it close.

Anyway I think half this forum knows what I look like but hopefully I'll get to catch up with you, Earwicker, because I don't think we've met.

Though I suppose there probably won't be signings/meet&greet if last january is any indication.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Don't take this as an official statement or anything but most likely if anything we'd do some quick signings at the stage door as we head out rather than a formal meet and greet kind of thing with a line and all that in the lobby.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.

Earwicker posted:

yeah I'll be there

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

maxnmona posted:

yeah I'll be there

I'll be there too.

Question for you guys though. Were going to the 2 o'clock show. does Cecil take the stage RIGHT at two or is there stuff before that? The train we were going to take to get into the city got canceled and the MTA we gotta take means we will be cutting it VERY close to show time. like 45 minuets to get from Grand Central to the Theater.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I think The Weather sometimes plays a set before the show starts.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

BigRed0427 posted:

I'll be there too.

Question for you guys though. Were going to the 2 o'clock show. does Cecil take the stage RIGHT at two or is there stuff before that?

Sunday's matinee show starts at 3 pm not 2. And there is a half hour set from Eliza Rickman before WTNV starts.

Also in situations like there is a lot of snow outside causing lots of people to show up late, we generally hold the show 5 minutes or so.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Great show tonight, despite the rocky audio balance early on.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I'll be at the Sunday evening show, barring natural disasters. Really looking forward to it, and very excited that I get to see Eliza Rickman play as well.

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I've just recently gotten back into listening to this podcast after having not heard it in probably a year and a half. So far I'm 32 episodes in again and I forgot just how much of a delight this series is. This backlog should be plenty to listen to until Jasika Nicole's podcast comes out.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

unfortunately due to the blizzard, and all subways busses and state roads being closed, tonight's show is cancelled.

Plans are being made for a makeup show at a future date.

Stay warm!

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jan 24, 2016

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Please Mister Glow Cloud. Make sure the trains and buses are running tomorrow!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

MTA posted:

Metro-North will begin restoring service at the outlying terminal stations after 12 Noon and be fully operationally in and out of Grand Central Terminal by 3 PM, operating on a Sunday schedule. Grand Central Terminal will open for retail customers at 8 AM.

Customers should refer to the timetable for Sunday service, Metro-North Train Time or the interactive schedules page.

And of course the schedule page is not available while their site is in emergency moe like this. Does anyone have the sunday train times for the MTA lines? Because their not on the site. Its looking like I won't be able to make the show :smith:

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Jan 24, 2016

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Amazing show! Eliza Rickman was absolutely the same as I imagined her being the moment I first heard her voice. I gushed at her a bit afterward and she politely listened too. Even the obnoxious ADHD kid who clearly did not want to be there in the seat in front of me couldn't distract me from her and the rest of the great live show.

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

Can someone explain what the 3327 in the episode title is in reference to? It's actually the password that someone I once knew used for everything, so that kind of weirded me out for a bit.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

ClydeUmney posted:

Can someone explain what the 3327 in the episode title is in reference to? It's actually the password that someone I once knew used for everything, so that kind of weirded me out for a bit.

It's a reference to a password that someone you once knew used for everything.

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Feb 2, 2016

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
Nick Teller is clearly Nikola Tesla, who died in room 3327 of the New Yorker Hotel.

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

Earwicker posted:

It's a reference to a password that someone you once knew used for everything.

I mean, that seems in keeping with the podcast.

AstroZamboni posted:

Nick Teller is clearly Nikola Tesla, who died in room 3327 of the New Yorker Hotel.

Thanks! That makes a ton of sense, and I didn't know that about his death. Now I kind of feel like I need to go back and re-listen.

By the way, maxnmona - I finally read the book and loved it - I thought it was a ton of fun, but also surprisingly touching when you least expected. And I loved, loved, loved the final chapter. Just wanted to share.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.

AstroZamboni posted:

:aaa: That completely went over my head. I hope he's in another episode someday.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
Yup. The first part of the lecture was talking about things he actually claimed to have invented, subsequent parts dealt with conspiracy theories that have been tied to Tesla since his death, like the Philadelphia experiment.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

So I am currently in Auckland NZ a few days before our show and I've been walking all over and noticed a bunch of advertising for our show, but listing the wrong venue.

So please note that the show is at Sky City - the other place got condemned and shut down or some poo poo!

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Earwicker posted:

So please note that the show is at Sky City - the other place got condemned and shut down or some poo poo!

Apparently it's not earthquake-proof. Remember kids, safety first!

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

Earwicker posted:

So I am currently in Auckland NZ a few days before our show and I've been walking all over and noticed a bunch of advertising for our show, but listing the wrong venue.

The Auckland show was fantastic all around, I loved every second of it. I don't know what else to say except that I'm so grateful you and the rest of the Night Vale crew were willing to sit in a plane for 15 goddamned hours each way to share it with us.

Also, you picked an incredible week to come to NZ, as we don't often have politicians get hit in the face with sex toys during speeches. What a time to be alive.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I really liked the weather from this last episode.

Also the episode itself.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Leospeare posted:

The Auckland show was fantastic all around, I loved every second of it. I don't know what else to say except that I'm so grateful you and the rest of the Night Vale crew were willing to sit in a plane for 15 goddamned hours each way to share it with us.

Seconding this. I had an absolute blast, and meeting everyone afterwards was fantastic. Even if I did get a bit embarrassingly enthusiastic about Earwicker's work.

Also I got my Night Vale Tarot deck signed, which is super cool.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
For the U.S. tour this spring, will the audience need to be caught up on the podcast? My boyfriend has listened to some but not all of the show and is wondering.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

meiram posted:

For the U.S. tour this spring, will the audience need to be caught up on the podcast? My boyfriend has listened to some but not all of the show and is wondering.

No one ever has to have even heard the podcast to follow our live shows. They're written to be self-contained.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

maxnmona posted:

No one ever has to have even heard the podcast to follow our live shows. They're written to be self-contained.

Excellent, thanks! That's what I thought.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

maxnmona posted:

Except for Old Oak Doors.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Just got back from the Sydney show, what a performance! My only real complaint is that from where I was sitting, I couldn't get a good shot of Disparition, or Dessa's support (Abby Wolf, I think? It was hard to hear over all the cheering and such)

Thanks so much for coming out here, I managed to convert my brother into listening after dragging him along!

Also: Pictures

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!
Great show last night!

FWIW, maxnmona, I was Jon's friend who was hanging out after. I was full of beer on the way back to the train, so I can't remember whether it was you or Jeffrey who was saying that In A Sunburned Country was okay but wasn't quite ideal as an intro to Australia. This may still not fit the bill (I'm not sure), but it occurred to me on the train: if you are by chance looking for a funny book about Australian history instead, check out Girt. It's a very quick read, and quite funny.

Thanks again for a great evening!

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

mofolotopo posted:

Great show last night!

FWIW, maxnmona, I was Jon's friend who was hanging out after. I was full of beer on the way back to the train, so I can't remember whether it was you or Jeffrey who was saying that In A Sunburned Country was okay but wasn't quite ideal as an intro to Australia. This may still not fit the bill (I'm not sure), but it occurred to me on the train: if you are by chance looking for a funny book about Australian history instead, check out Girt. It's a very quick read, and quite funny.

Thanks again for a great evening!

Thanks, it was nice to meet you.

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!
Likewise. Enjoy the rest of your Oz trip!

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Perth show was excellent! Thanks so much for coming to our tiny city surrounded by endless desert and endless ocean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Organza Quiz posted:

Perth show was excellent! Thanks so much for coming to our tiny city surrounded by endless desert and endless ocean.

thanks for having us, we all fell in love with Perth and almost had to cancel the show because we were chilling by the river watching dogs and dolphins and swans and the water was absurdly warm and the air smelled very good so we wanted to just stay there all night