Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Rohan Kishibe posted:

The perfect troll on a Jojo friend is sneaking into his room and replacing his Buffentine figure with the definitely going-to-happen Fatentine or Grampentine figures and freaking him the gently caress out.

Make sure you put a napkin next to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Nah, you replace it with a valentine of the same model but slightly different detailing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

No, put the napkin OVER the figure, so they have to take the napkin and dojyan~

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Josuke Higashikata posted:

There's an event this weekend where new Statue Legend and Super Action Statue announcements are expected. Gyro will probably get shown, based on old facts/knowledge.

uuuuuugh my wallet won't be able to handle it if they put out a Valentine.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I'd prefer sometime already obtainable so I'll just scatter cat parts around the room

Tunklord Supreme
Jun 4, 2011

dragon bong z

There's an event this weekend where new Statue Legend and Super Action Statue announcements are expected. Gyro will probably get shown, based on old facts/knowledge.

i've only just started collecting SAS figures so i'm not sure if they're releasing them in part order or not, if they're moving on to part 7 characters is there any chance they'll go back to part 6 at some point and make a foo fighters?

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Tunklord Supreme posted:

i've only just started collecting SAS figures so i'm not sure if they're releasing them in part order or not, if they're moving on to part 7 characters is there any chance they'll go back to part 6 at some point and make a foo fighters?

Didn't they just announce more Rohan figures? I think they might revisit other parts, but I dunno about Foo Fighters honestly. :( I wouldn't expect that one.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They just make whoever they want to make for the most part, provided it's going to sell, though Gyro is the first part 7 SAS.

Would not be surprised if HP never gets one. The fact she's not in the games either would suggest to me that she's unpopular. Pucci and Whitesnake are very recent release if they're out and there's no original version of Poochman's head (pre green baby) and his two other stands. They're most definitely not done with part 6.

I'd expect Johnny before Valentine, and I'd be surprised if he didn't come with Tusk 1.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Do we have any idea if Viz will release physical Part 3 JoJoniums after these last two Part 2 ones or is it time for me to start buying the reprinted individual volumes?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
We don't know, and in fact there's a lot of debate in some circles regarding whether or not they should.

Not that there's anybody who doesn't want Part 3 Jojonium; they're just really chomping at the bit to get Part 4 and Part 3's already been published.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I'm not really optimistic there. I think we'd have heard by now? I caved and bought the existing ones last year. I won't mind rebuying if they ever do expand jojonium, though. I kinda prefer the way the Japanese ones look though to be honest. The translated ones are chunkier.

E: and yeah I'd much rather see a viz translation of 4, so I'd hope they would prioritize that if they did want to do more.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i want bigger and nicer versions of part 3, since i didn't buy much of the current version

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
I want legal English Jojo past part 3 to buy

It feels good to have a real copy to pay for after wandering in the wilderness for so long looking for English sources.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I already own VIZ's complete paperback run of Part 3 but if they republished it Jojonium-style I would totally buy that too.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't think Japanese Jojonium has gotten to part 4 yet, has it?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

As far as I'm aware the Jojonium release was just a special repackaging of the first three parts and there are currently no plans to continue it.

Might change with Part 4 getting an anime though, so who knows.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Speaking of which, I will be making the Jojo Part 4 anime thread in early March. Please look forward to it.

The pre-existing general Jojo anime thread will remain open as a platform for Xibanya to post her manga analysis stuff.

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack

Bad Seafood posted:

Might change with Part 4 getting an anime though, so who knows.

I certainly hope so, the deluxe editions are so aesthetically pleasing. Even the blank pages are fancy.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
drat, alright. I've been getting a lot more into owning physical manga so it'd be way cooler to have the hardback of JoJoniums (I have all five so far and I could totally brain someone with these things) but I'll totally pick up the the paperback releases.

It'd be lame if they skipped Part 3 JoJoniums in favor of releasing Part 4 paperbacks but gently caress if I would complain. It's be a lot better than waiting the three years it would take to print Part 3 again.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I mean I want a really nice Pt 3 collection (the paperbacks are... ehhhhhh... quality, a couple in the bunch I have are super discolored already?) but I'd always rather have translated stuff instead.

old Millionfish thing just showed up on my dash:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I mean I want a really nice Pt 3 collection (the paperbacks are... ehhhhhh... quality, a couple in the bunch I have are super discolored already?) but I'd always rather have translated stuff instead.

old Millionfish thing just showed up on my dash:

Do you think Jojos and their friends have to get used to more weird poo poo than a typical Stand user, or is it all kind of in the same ballpark when you get a punchghost?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think the typical Stand User, on average, fights three or so other Stand Users in their lives, so most of the crazy in their lives usually just comes from them, meanwhile the JoJos and their crews have to deal with whatever army the bad guy assembled for that part and then Joseph and Jotaro with the Speedwagon Foundation deal with more Stand shenanigans after their parts, while Giorno is the leader of a mob that employs several Stand Users so his life was probably full of shenanigans. I'd say Josuke probably just deals with random minor crazy stuff as seen above.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

josuke just deals with the occasional serial killer who can delete things from existence, no big deal

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Having been gifted DIO's World JoJonium by someone good with a habit of bad behaviour, Okuyasu is correct in that JP JoJoniums are better than English ones. They dump on them really.

Not to slight the English ones, I like them a lot and would buy all of Part 3 in them.

Part 4 though PLEASE and THANK YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We'll probably get the Part 4 tanks

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Get ready to relive 2005 where JoJo's release schedule was spastic as poo poo and there's a shitton of volumes to account for

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

As long as it happens, I don't care if it's 2 in 2 months and then none for 6, as long as DiU happens.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

What's better about the JP ones?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

As long as it happens, I don't care if it's 2 in 2 months and then none for 6, as long as DiU happens.

I'm mostly exaggerating. Viz has their poo poo together with JoJo far more than they did in 05 and any Part 4 release is appreciated.

ChaosArgate posted:

Japanese manga page quality is better than American ones

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

Better paper, better quality prints (stronger contrasts between whites and blacks), more comfortable to read because the hardcover isn't in the way, nice dust jacket and bookmark.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

JoJolion volumes are actually lovely quality though compared to Viz paperback tankos. Crappy thin paper and smaller (height and width) than you might imagine. They are super cheap to buy though so it does make some sense.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is that because it's monthly or just because they just happen to be lovely? Like how are SBR volumes comparatively?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't have any SBR to compare it to, but I would imagine it's just because they're like 400 yen at retail and that SBR volumes aren't much different because of that.

I don't know, but there may be second editions with higher quality prints later on.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 6, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Here's a pretty basic size + quality comparison album between JJL volume 11, SDC volume 16 (Viz), Phantom Blood JoJonium (Eng Viz) and JoJonium 17 - DIO's World (JP).

http://imgur.com/a/8rnCO

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Baal posted:

We'll probably get the Part 4 tanks

Of course we would, why the gently caress would they cut Bad Company

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

JoJolion volumes are actually lovely quality though compared to Viz paperback tankos. Crappy thin paper and smaller (height and width) than you might imagine. They are super cheap to buy though so it does make some sense.
Most Japanese manga is actually printed quite cheaply, not just Jojo.

One of the reasons manga in America tends to be more expensive is because it's printed using higher quality materials.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, it's not a surprising thing by any means, just surprising for the first time you see it.

I want everything to be JP JoJonium quality though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

That describes just about all of the Japanese volumes I've bought that aren't a special edition, TBF.