Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Terrible Opinions posted:

I know those exist for ADHD meds, in America at least.

Instead of Paypalling money, could we raise funds to send one of these over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Instead of Paypalling money, could we raise funds to send one of these over?

Actually, I'm all for it (seriously). The dispenser has to be pretty sturdy and made out of metal, since I'm a handyman and I have plenty of power tools - $25 of chinese plastic ain't gonna stop me and my dremel. Ideally the thing should have a key and I'd fill the machine with meds once a month and then give the key to my grandma for safekeeping.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Yeah looks like they run around $500, or $900 for the extra-tamper-proof version: http://www.epill.com/9drugs.html

http://www.epill.com/medsmart.html
http://www.epill.com/compumed.html

That said, with enough time and discs you'd probably get through just about anything with a dremel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo-EO-PRMFk

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Palpek posted:

No no no no, you can't just leave this at that. Can you PLEASE describe exactly what you did during your trip or what you suspect you did because that's a pretty vital part of your stories. Also do you remember why you were ripping the mouse buttons off?

Well, my memory is quite blurry, but I seem to have gone AGK on my keyboard for some reason:

There is a nice big chunk of plastic missing on the edge.

My lower back and rear end is hurting because I collapsed like a dozen times on my rear end and I couldn't wrap my mind around the concept that no walkin' shall be done today. My arms and legs got "unplugged" from the rest of my body and I could only flail in a series of muscle spasms. I kept trying to climb up into my bed to wait it out, but since my legs wouldn't listen, I soon realized that it just won't be happening today - instead I just laid on the floor and waited for the seizure to wane. Then, some 30 minutes later, I felt better and went down to take the trash out... only to have another seizure in the dumpster room. I ended up collapsing right next to the dumpster and had to wait it out for ~20 minutes before I could stand up again. Good thing nobody saw me and called an ambulance, as I'd have a lot of 'xplaining to do.

This mouse wasn't the first one to perish in a druggie blackout. I trashed yet another mouse in 2012 in an ambien fugue. This one was particularly funny because I got dressed and went out into the night while tripping balls, did lord knows what, and then upon returning home I couldn't find my own apartment so I ended up trying to open my hapless neighbor's door at 4 in the morning. Those poor people must have had quite a fright that morning. :staredog:

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Yeah looks like they run around $500, or $900 for the extra-tamper-proof version: http://www.epill.com/9drugs.html

I'll hate myself for saying this, the goons gave thousands upon thousands of dollars to doob, while this $500 pill dispenser would've had a massively positive and verifiable impact on my life. Unfortunately someone else would have to host the kickstarter, with Croatia being third world country and all - Paypal doesn't do business in this godforsaken country at all.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

I'll hate myself for saying this, the goons gave thousands upon thousands of dollars to doob, while this $500 pill dispenser would've had a massively positive and verifiable impact on my life. Unfortunately someone else would have to host the kickstarter, with Croatia being third world country and all - Paypal doesn't do business in this godforsaken country at all.

You are right that goons in general are terribly over-eager to dump their wallets out for some terrible ideas like doobie's but...be honest with yourself, I'm pretty sure even if goons got that thing you'd find some other way to get high, where it's by by stealing the key or conveniently forgetting to put ALL your pills (prescription or otherwise) in as soon as you get them.

As soon as you started talking about this new medicine you got on, it was pretty obvious something like this latest event was going to happen sooner or later. You seemed/seem to really like it not because it actually helps you with your problems, but because it makes you feel high. It's almost like there's a correlation in your life between "getting high" and bad things happening to your body, electronics and furniture. The stories are funny though at least.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Murphy Brownback posted:

As soon as you started talking about this new medicine you got on, it was pretty obvious something like this latest event was going to happen sooner or later. You seemed/seem to really like it not because it actually helps you with your problems, but because it makes you feel high. It's almost like there's a correlation in your life between "getting high" and bad things happening to your body, electronics and furniture.

Yes... and no. Everything was fine until I accidentally discovered that you can get high on maprotiline, and it was all downhill from there. The source of the problem is my piss poor impulse control, I get this sudden urge (which could be called "a moment of inspiration") and I end up gobbling down a shitload of pills for no reason. If only I could have something to distract me for a little bit of time, like, geez man just do something else for the next 15 minutes, and I'd stop jonesing. How come I never overdosed on my Zyprexa?

Also, I have more bad news. Waldo's boss screwed him over yet again. He invited me over and started shivering and sobbing since he just can't get out of the woods - he's working his rear end off for nothing - and now his brother got badly hurt in an auto accident the other day. He showed me the pictures of a wreck - firefighters had to cut the car in half just to get the guy outta there. Waldo is still paying out the expense of his dad's funeral.
I told him that we'll work something out with the utility company - going all crazy with lawyering over $350 is ridiculous.

I got a big bear hug from him and then he kissed my hand as if I were some sort of royalty :staredog:

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Oh, just realized another thing - I emptied a can of Raid into my tool drawer since I could swear there was a massive millipede lurching around my tools. Later, when I stopped hallucinating, I realized that I flipped my wig over a soldering iron's mains flex. :ughh:

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
Rather than fancy pill dispensers or some pay-pal fund can we just get webcams set up in ASF's apartment to watch his drug induced insanity live?

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Croatia dude this safe is retarded as a former heroinist my self you will sell that poo poo and get H. Check yourself into a reham
Dont know poo poo about krotia but http://www.crzagreb.hr/en/ maybe ?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

dpack_1 posted:

Rather than fancy pill dispensers or some pay-pal fund can we just get webcams set up in ASF's apartment to watch his drug induced insanity live?
You expect Big Brother but what you'll get is Blair Witch Project.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

This might have been mentioned/asked before, but around what age are you, ASF? How long have you survived all of this already? I'm impressed by the resilience your body has shown to ODing on whatever you feed it. I hope you manage to survive a little longer. Your last few posts seemed pretty optimistic, like you were turning some stuff around. While the stories are great I kind of hope you manage to get out of this cyclical binge/recover thing somehow.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

i feel like it's a bad idea to give the drug addict a safe worth one thousand USD

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Old Binsby posted:

This might have been mentioned/asked before, but around what age are you, ASF? How long have you survived all of this already? I'm impressed by the resilience your body has shown to ODing on whatever you feed it. I hope you manage to survive a little longer. Your last few posts seemed pretty optimistic, like you were turning some stuff around. While the stories are great I kind of hope you manage to get out of this cyclical binge/recover thing somehow.

I'm 33 atm. I started doing amphetamines in 2007 and went hardcore with opiates circa 2010.

Also, goons are right about that pill dispenser being kinda pointless. If these seizures haven't taught me anything positive, then gently caress, I shouldn't be trusted around any meds at all.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

I shouldn't be trusted around any meds at all.

Yes

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Palpek posted:

You expect Big Brother but what you'll get is Blair Witch Project.

I'm ok with this

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

ASFB do they not have like a methadone clinic style arrangement where you could get yourself drugged w/o risk on a regular basis?

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Frog Act posted:

ASFB do they not have like a methadone clinic style arrangement where you could get yourself drugged w/o risk on a regular basis?

Methadone clinic is in fact right across the street from my commietower. Like, 63 yards away. :ssh:

I'm doing anticholinergics now, my opiate phase ended up back in 2013. And methadone withdrawals are horrible, I really don't want to go through that poo poo again.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Methadone sucks, all the civilised countries have moved to suboxone.

It's a fact that if you take enough drugs, your body evolves and strengthens itself. It happened to Ozzy Osbourne, and I'm guessing it happened to fatbeard.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Here's an update!

A few days ago I went to the water utility company's headquarters with a very crestfallen Waldo in tow. Our idea was to ask for some more time since Waldo will get a bank loan in about a month and a half which will cover all of his debt he had going as of this writing.

When we came there, I got a major surprise - the utility company wasn't suing us about the utilities in Waldo's apartment, but instead, over unpaid utilities in the Crackden apartment I sold to Nicholas no less than four years ago. They're literally suing the wrong man, and I went over there with a copy of a sales contract to prove that I haven't had anything to do with that apartment in roughly four years.

I mean, I really don't understand Nicholas. He forked over 51000€, paid me in cash on the nail.... and now goes gypping over the utilities in an apartment which has been empty ever since. I just can't wrap my mind around this, it's pure madness.

Not everything is well though, the utility company will sue me and Waldo... next month. But as usual, we'll work out something.

The other day waldo told me the sordid details about his brother's traffic accident.

He was driving down a three-lane motorway in poor visibility conditions. There was a snow plow lurching ahead of him, so the guy decided to overtake the truck. Unfortunately, the truck immediately swerved into the overtaking lane with no indication whatsoever, right in front of the guy, and waldo's brother ended up rear-ending the truck since he didn't have enough time to react and slam on the brakes. Now, the crazy things started happening - the car impaled the salt dropping machine on the back of the truck and the truck driver didn't notice the collision - so he ended up dragging waldo's brother's wreck for good ten miles before other drivers signaled to the truckie that there was something seriously wrong. The truck then stopped and the driver could only facepalm - as it was clearly that he himself was completely responsible for the accident.

Waldo's brother was incredibly lucky - the car was munched and squashed beyond recognition, but the guy only ended up with a hurt neck joints and eighteen sutures on his scalp. Another thing, the hub popped off from the impact, slashed through the windshield and stopped rigth next to the guy's neck. Another inch or two and Waldo's brother would've been decapitated. Another testament of the force of the impact was that the steering wheel was torn out and somehow made its way onto the back seat. In all, the passengers in the car were incredibly lucky, and now they're preparing a lawsuit against the trucker for professional negligence - and they're likely to get a nice sum of money, as the car was completely destroyed and all four passengers in the car were hurt to some degree, but fortunately, they all ended up alive and (mostly) fine.

I have good news tho! I rented out Susan's apartment in a record setting nineteen minutes.
My new tenant is a 27 year old kid called Mario who'll live with his girlfriend in my apartment, and he seems like a trustworthy person. At 200€ a month, my apartment was an absolute bargain and I had a waiting list with 7+ people in less than two hours.

I'll have to be patient for a little while more, but things seem to be looking up finally. :)

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

E/N Bullshit > Is Croatia a Great Place to Live?: They're literally suing the wrong man

artichoke
Sep 29, 2003

delirium tremens and caffeine
Gravy Boat 2k
This thread is one of the best soap operas I've ever tuned in to.

szary
Mar 12, 2014
In my former eastern bloc country, water utility contracts are separate from apartment ownership, so if you didn't terminate your contract after selling the apartment you're still responsible for the bills

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

quote:

Not everything is well though, the utility company will sue me and Waldo... next month. But as usual, we'll work out something.

Your liberal use of italics and bold text and up making the text twice as funny, I feel. It's been said before, this'd make a great read in book form. Here's to hoping Mario is an interesting personality!

Something gave me pause though: if you can find a tenant for €200 in 20 minutes, why not raise the rent a little and see if you can eek out a bit more? It's not like you couldn't use the money.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Old Binsby posted:

Something gave me pause though: if you can find a tenant for €200 in 20 minutes, why not raise the rent a little and see if you can eek out a bit more? It's not like you couldn't use the money.

It's a matter of psychology. People expect studios to rent for 200 euros a month, which is a price that was settled a very, very long time ago. If I advertised my apartment at say, 220 euros, I'd get precisely zero calls. This is the reason I couldn't rent out the Large Apartment property (two bedrooms) which I have since sold for good money, because I asked 300 euros for it and nobody could afford to pay that kind of money - remember, Croats are a poor bunch.

Today I finally found out over what kind of money I'm being sued. Believe it or not, it was $108. Yes, one hundred and eight dollars. I contacted Nicholas and told him to pay this long overdue bill, because he'd lose the lawsuit by default and the lawsuit itself would have cost a several orders of magnitude more than the money I'm being sued over. He just replied "ok". We'll see how that'll go.

I've been a landlord for more than ten years now, and tenants tend to ask me the strangest questions, like, "am I allowed to put a picture of Jesus on the wall?", "can I move this cupboard 30 centimeters to the side?" or "can I bring my girlfriend over?"
Unprofessional landlords often have bizarre demands from their tenants. When dealing with me, they practically feel reborn. It's no accident that Awesome kid stayed at my place for no less than six years. :)

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

I can attest to this. In Croatia, apartments are usually fully furnished. Sometimes to hoarding levels. I had situations where I wanted to rent a 2 bedroom place only to find out that the "second bedroom" is a storage unit for the landowner, and that she plans to enter the apartment occasionally to pick up stuff from there. There are no rules like announcing to your tenant that you will come at least 24 hrs in advance, or any similar western privacy bullshit.

Anyways, sweatbeard, you are actually one of the best landlords Croatia has to offer, and I don't mean it with an ounce of sarcasm.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

gbut posted:

I had situations where I wanted to rent a 2 bedroom place only to find out that the "second bedroom" is a storage unit for the landowner, and that she plans to enter the apartment occasionally to pick up stuff from there.

I personally know of a case where a woman rented a one bedroom apartment and there was an old piano stashed in one of the rooms. The landlord lady would invite herself over like every other day in order to play the piano. :psyduck:

My contract is written on four pages of 11pt text, defining pretty much every aspect of the landlord-tenant relationship, and I copied most of it from generic USA lease templates. For example, the contract expressly forbids me from entering the apartment witout a valid reason, unannounced. There are only two exceptions, say if a water pipe bursts and I need to have it repaired post haste to prevent a major flood, or if the tenant is running a meth lab in my apartment (in which case I enter the apartment with a police officer.)

I made a video recording of the apartment in question, anyone interested in seeing what you can get for 200 euros in Croatia? The narration is in Croatian but I could easily add English subtitles.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~

I made a video recording of the apartment in question, anyone interested in seeing what you can get for 200 euros in Croatia? The narration is in Croatian but I could easily add English subtitles.

:justpost:

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Here's the subbed video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMNLfotyA8o

At 200€ for this, the apartment is a complete steal.

I myself are living in a very similar studio. Surface area is 24.83m2, but it feels a lot larger.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Here's the subbed video!

I myself are living in a very similar studio. Surface area is 24.83m2, but it feels a lot larger.

Anyone watching this, please turn on automatic subtitles, they are a riot.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~

Here's the subbed video!

I have lived in worse places for more money.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I'm the lobby.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

ExtraFox posted:

Same. In scandinavia.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

ExtraFox posted:

Those appliances were for sure better than the $380 studio I was in for a bit

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

miy mwoiultlh tbreaptpreude ifno srteavtiecr more
that apartment is dope and i would rent it

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

miy mwoiultlh tbreaptpreude ifno srteavtiecr more
knock $100 per month off of the rent and i'll hold your pills for you

compshateme85
Jan 28, 2009

Oh you like racoons? Name three of their songs. You dope.
That would go for at least $2500/month in San Francisco. At least. If it has a parking spot, $3000.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

or if the tenant is running a meth lab in my apartment (in which case I enter the apartment to sample the goods.)

fyp tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dustbin
Jun 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

compshateme85 posted:

That would go for at least $2500/month in San Francisco. At least. If it has a parking spot, $3000.

No way, where does a bed supposed to go? Sleep on the hideaway couch?