Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
I actually visited a mental health and addiction counselling centre after meeting up with an old friend I hadn't seen in a while and becoming concerned for their mental health. They had some gang-stalkingesque ideas about the government though nothing quite as elaborate or alarming as what you see in those youtube videos.

I talked with a volunteer out reach person for a little while and took a few pamphlets. But I was really just overwhelmed with how utterly ineffective and under funded the entire system was. There was clearly nothing they could do for my friend. It didn't help that my friend had no money, no high school diploma, no family members to support them and a personality that had gotten increasingly "quirky" to the point that they struggled to relate with normal people.

I realized that trying to convince this person that they were mildly delusional would simply take away the last remaining shred of dignity in their lives without holding out any prospect for them improving their situation. As sad as their delusions seemed to me they basically amounted to a way for this person to convince themselves that their life mattered, that they had significance, that they weren't as irrelevant as society was telling them that they were.

So while I did try to gently push back against some of the more dangerous sounding delusions about being followed by the government, I ended up concluding that trying to disabuse this person of all their delusional notions wouldn't really help anything, and actually probably would have just ended up hurting them further.

I'm not claiming I made the right decision because I really don't know what the right call in that kind of situation was. But it did give me a greater appreciation for just how hard mental health issues are to deal with when they intersect with poverty. And while it's easy to laugh at these peoples ego-maniacal ideas about being followed, I wonder if, at least sometimes, on some level, these delusions aren't actually part of what lets them get out of bed in the morning.

Anyway, the person in question has seemed to recover a fair amount since then and is doing about as well as could be hoped for given their circumstances. They still say a lot of things that don't make a drat lick of sense but honestly they seem happier than I could ever imagine being in their circumstances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YWywnP7m2c

Vice linked this. Spectacular insanty. Hes ranting about new yorkers eating babies, the earth being flat and pretty much every conspiracy you can think of.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Helsing posted:

This "gangstalking" concept sounds really insidious for someone with mental illness because it seemingly tells you that your growing isolation and inability to relate to employers, landlords, government officials, etc. is all thanks to a vast conspiracy:

I have a mentally unwell -- but basically functional -- friend who is both convinced of his own significance (major international corporations apparently change their product and marketing decisions in response to his behaviors) and occasionally displays paranoid thought patterns ("the government is tracking me and giving my information to people who don't like me") and I can just imagine the kind of damage that the idea of gangstalking could do to his psyche if he came across it at the wrong moment and it "clicked" for him.

I wonder if there have been any sustained studies of how internet communities have changed the face of mental illness and its treatment. There have been crazy conspiracy books and radio call in shows for a long time but I feel as though the interactivity and community oriented nature of internet forums and blogs might make them particularly dangerous.

Theres always been avenues for crazyness propagation. My best friend back in the early 90s developed paranoid schizophrenia, and essentially it was all about X-Files. He was convinced the show was real. Also, he had an invisible green goat friend named "Gentle ben". And his mom was poisoning his food with CIA nanobots.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdxgIyEPCxk

If there was a list of imagery/film clips that immediately imply your conspiracy video is going to be underwhelming, Neo choosing the red pill would be at the top.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

duck monster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YWywnP7m2c

Vice linked this. Spectacular insanty. Hes ranting about new yorkers eating babies, the earth being flat and pretty much every conspiracy you can think of.

:stare:

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hell-o!

I like the mix of existential dread with sheer madness.

Individual freedom doesn't exist - we all have ties that bind.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I thought it had to be a parody until I looked at the source channel and it's full of this stuff. What's more disturbing is that at about 8:55 in the linked video you can hear some kids in the background.

It reminds me a lot of these incoherent videos from the guy that shot Gabrielle Giffords, Jared Loughner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8Wr6AeZTCE

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

Jack Gladney posted:

Isn't this some dumb pop music thing now? I know legit crazies have been calling pop music part of the illuminati for years, but don't they talk about it on gossip shows now via some dumb memes?

Yes and it's fascinating. Normally it's presented in long rambling essays interspersed with pictures. This guy on the other hand managed to retain enough editing skills to make a pretty readable pinterest style page on the subject.

http://illuminatisymbols.info/music/

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Sir Tonk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdxgIyEPCxk

If there was a list of imagery/film clips that immediately imply your conspiracy video is going to be underwhelming, Neo choosing the red pill would be at the top.

Flat Earth people have to be the most insane out there. The level of stupidity needed for it blows away anti-vaxxers, JFK, Moon landing, and other stuff by miles. I'd look up how they justify things like (international) air travel but I'm not sure I could handle that much concentrated crazy.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Evil Fluffy posted:

Flat Earth people have to be the most insane out there. The level of stupidity needed for it blows away anti-vaxxers, JFK, Moon landing, and other stuff by miles. I'd look up how they justify things like (international) air travel but I'm not sure I could handle that much concentrated crazy.

The explanations I've found so far:

1) You can't prove routes like Buenos Aires to Johannesburg actually exist, and you can't prove that they don't really fly over North America, and I bet all those logs are faked anyway
2) I found a flight from South Africa to Australia that has a layover in India so obviously this is the shortest distance
3) That's irrelevant because you can't fly a plane on a oblate spheroid, you'd just fly out into space if you tried to fly level

The Chairman fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Feb 6, 2016

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The Chairman posted:

The two explanations I've seen:

1) You can't prove routes like Buenos Aires to Johannesburg actually exist, and you can't prove that they don't really fly over North America, and I bet all those logs are faked anyway
2) I found a flight from South Africa to Australia that has a layover in India so obviously this is the shortest distance
3) That's irrelevant because you can't fly a plane on a oblate spheroid, you'd just fly out into space if you tried to fly level

I love the assumption there that you can just do a layover in the middle of the Indian Ocean or something.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

It's kind of impressive that the Matrix has provided such an enduring lexicon of symbols and ideas that can be deployed by any group of internet crackpots.

After almost 20 years the costumes look dated, the special effects and martial arts aren't quite as impressive, and the script seems more than a little hokey, but the movie has nevertheless secured its place in the pantheon of important 20th century cinema thanks, not least of all, to its enduring appeal to unhinged people of every type.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

The Chairman posted:

Gravity.

Graaaavity. Gravity is a sphereish field that keeps us pulled towards the center of it. And surprise, we ca't break gravity without the use of something like rockets because once we get high enough up, jet engines don't work because they're meant for atmosphere and oxygen.

Taking that and turning it around: If the world is flat why haven't we flown off of it with an airplane? Or is this one of those video game things where if you go off the screen you appear on the other side? And also: What is the end game of lying and saying the world is round? What does anyone get out of that?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

The Chairman posted:

I wonder if he's ever tried jumping, or if he's too scared he'll fly into space.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Chairman posted:

The most famous of those (and the ones shown in Going Clear) were the "Squirrel Busters", hired by the Church of Scientology to harass their ex-Inspector General Marty Rathbun. The group is called "Squirrel Busters" because "squirrel" is a term for dissident Scientologists who "go off Source" (break from the CoS's authority).

The CoS will often hire private investigators to "noisily investigate" enemies of the church, but they're especially scared of Rathbun because for a while he was flirting with the possibility of setting up his own sect of Dianetics auditors and using his cachet as former policy chief to attract other ex-members. For five months straight, they rented the house across the street from him, sat in the street with cameras pointed at his windows, followed him around town in a golf cart, and tried to provoke him into taking a swing at them or damaging their equipment so they could get him arrested.

AH yes. And he does eventually try to rip the sunglasses off one of the guy faces, scratches him in the process, and they have the cops jump on his rear end. Though from the recordings they show, the cops were far from impressed by the Squirrel Buster guys complaints. Though they talk about in Going Clear how they also targeted Rathbun's wife, who had never had anything to do with CoS so they actually had to knock it off because it was then considered harassment. It sounds like if you're a former member, the CoS can basically do what it wants, but if you never had anything to do with them, the CoS has a harder time.

The well aware guy is now claiming Tarpman was actually Ed Harris.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

E-Tank posted:

And also: What is the end game of lying and saying the world is round? What does anyone get out of that?

Big Globe. You know how many globes get sold every year? Classrooms have them, even!

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

It's unacceptable that people still think the Earth is flat when Cyrus R Teed proved that we actually live on the inside of a huge concave sphere almost two hundred years ago.

Most of the flat earthers are probably just on the payroll of the Illuminati. They're used to discredit all alternative theories about the earth thus preventing sheeple from recognizing the truth.

quote:

THE HOLLOW EARTH: A MADDENING THEORY THAT CAN'T BE DISPROVED
From OMNI Magazine (October 1983), Games section (p. 128)

If there were a hall of fame for pseudoscientists, surely Cyrus Teed
would deserve a place of honor. It was shortly after the Civil War that
Teed had his vision: The earth is a hollow sphere, and WE LIVE INSIDE
IT. Everything else in the universe is in here with us -- planets,
comets, stars -- everything. What's outside the sphere? Nothing.

Teed's cosmology had a particular appeal to religious
fundamentalists. It made the earth important again, rather than an
insignifigant speck in the cosmos. And it eliminted the difficult
concepts of infinite space and aimlessly scattered worlds. We're all
right here together in this safe, spherical womb.

In 1870 Teed changed his name to Koresh (ancient Hebrew for Cyrus)
and started a cult. At its peak in the Nineties the Koreshan
(pronounced ker-ESH-an) Unity movement had some 4,000 followers. Teed
established a religious/scientific community a few miles south of Fort
Myers, Florida, and there founded the town of Estero. He was determined
to prove his theory scientifically and launched his own geodetic survey
in 1897 to do just that. Using his "rectilineator," a set of double-T
squares made of large logs, he projected a horizontal line until his
calculations indicated that it would plunge into the Gulf of Mexico,
four miles from its starting point. This was Teed's proof that the
earth's surface is concave and that his rectilineator line had
intersected the earth's upward curve.

The scientists had gotten everything backward: It is centrifugal
force, not gravity, that keeps our feet planted on the ground. The
sphere *is* about 25,000 miles around, just as the scientists say.
China is about 8,000 miles away, through the earth's center -- straight
up.

The Nazis entertained many occult theories in their quest for world
domination, and Teed's was one of them. At one point a Nazi expedition
went to the Isle of Man. Its mission: to get secret photographs of the
United States by pointing its powerful telescopes *up*.
What's most infuriating is that a little mathematical fiddling turns
this crazy theory into a proposition that is virtually impossible to
refute. The trick is done by *inversion*, a purely geometric
transformation that lets a methemetician turn shapes inside-out. When a
sphere is inverted, ever point outside is mapped to a corresponding
point inside, and vice versa.

The goemetry is quite simple. If a sphere's center is "C" and its
radius is "r," then every outside point "P" maps to an inside point "P'"
such that "CP x CP' = r2" {that's "r squared" - Foxx}.

{My apologies for not being able to include the accompanying
illustration. - Foxx}

Here's a good way to visualize it: For any outside point "P" (on
the sun, or Pluto, or Cygnus X, for example), draw a circle that has
"CP" as its diameter. From one of the two points where this circle
intersects the earth, draw a line perpendicular to "CP." The
intersection point {of this perpendicular and "CP"} is the location of
"P'".

By far the largest body in our inverted Earth is the moon; a bit
over half a mile in diameter and some 3,933 miles over our heads. The
sun's sphere is only eight feet across. The stars ar microscopic spots
clustered around the center, which is, of course, infinity.

Is there any way to prove we *aren't* inside a hollow earth? We
asked H.S.M. Coxeter, mathematics professor at the University of
Toronto and an expert on inversion geometry. "I can't think of any," he
said. "A rocket flight, an eclipse, a Foucault pendulum, a Coriolis
effect -- any observation we can makeon the outside of the earth has an
exact duplicate version inside. There would be no way to tell which was
the truth."

Just as the geometry of space inverts, so do all the laws of
physics. Toward the center of a hollow Earth, light slows down and
everything shrinks -- atoms, astronauts, spaceships, and measuring rods.
Light travels in circular paths, producing some weird (but lawful)
optical effects. Astronauts on the moon looked back on what they
thought was a blue sphere in the distance. Actually it was the inside
of the earth's shell, throught sight lines that flared like the bell of
a trumpet, producing the *illusion* of a sphere. The optical distortion
is something like the wide angle view through a fisheye lens.

As we look to the sky and the horizons, our visual field is filled
with a sphere some 4,000 miles in diameter. Celestial bodies that
revolve around the earth's center appear to "rise" and "set" as they
enter or leave that sphere.

Cyrus Teed said that the moon is an illusion, that gravity is really
centrifugal force, and that a horizontal line on the earth's surface
eventually intersects the earth's upward curvature. We like to think
that if he were alive today he would junk some of his earlier
predictions to conform to inverse geometry, thereby keeping his theory
irrefutable.

The centrifugal-force idea is demonstrably false. If it were so,
there would be two points on the earth's surface where the force
disappeared -- along the axis of spin. It is gravity of a peculiar kind
that pulls us all to the outside. Teed's rectilineator experiment must
have been in error. A line that appears horizontal actually curves in
toward the center and so gets farther and farther "above" the surface.

Teed would have embraced Einstein's view of a finite, bounded
universe in which light travels in circles and eventually returns to its
starting point. An infinitely powered telescope aimed straight up,
Einstein said, will eventually produce a view of the other side of the
earth. That idea might seem paradoxical to most of us, but it would
have been intuitively obvious to Cyrus Teed.

... the Australian Journal _Speculations in Science and Technology_
has published an article by Mostafa A Abdelkader, of Alexandria, Egypt,
that considers in all seriousness the proposal that we really *are* in a
hollow Earth. Abdelkader says that the only way to test the theory's
validity is to drill a tunnel straight through the earth. Until such an
experiment is performed, he writes, "it seems ... that the odds are
strongly in favor of [a hollow Earth] being our actual universe."

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Sir Tonk posted:

I wonder if he's ever tried jumping, or if he's too scared he'll fly into space.

Jumping is okay because whatever mysterious force is constantly accelerating the Earth-disk upwards at 9.8 m s-2 will just make it come up to meet your feet.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

The Chairman posted:

Jumping is okay because whatever mysterious force is constantly accelerating the Earth-disk upwards at 9.8 m s-2 will just make it come up to meet your feet.

if 2 people jump on opposite sides of the planet at the same time how does it know which way to go

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

site posted:

if 2 people jump on opposite sides of the planet at the same time how does it know which way to go

Uh, if anyone was on the other side they'd fall off. Duh.

Carsius
May 7, 2013

site posted:

You can't jump on the other side of the planet, because you would then be inside of the giant space turtle.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/2qjohv/what_did_your_parents_show_you_to_do_that_you/cn6pn30?context=3

quote:

Oh God here goes.
Well firstly they say that the actual 'place of Finland' is just Eastern Sweden. Helsinki is in Eastern Sweden and when people fly there it's not like they would notice.
World maps are altered as it's a U.N conspiracy to keep people believing in Finland. And the idea that an entire country is made up seems so bizarre that nobody would ever believe it, making it easy to do.
Finland's main company, Nokia, is apparently owned by the Japanese and they're a main player in this.
Now as for 'why' people would want to invent Finland as a country that's a bit more in depth and there's a few reasons as to why Sweden and Russia go along with it but it's mostly to do with Japanese fishing rights.
You see the Japanese love their sushi but tight fishing regulations and public outcry mean they can't fish as much as they want. So after the Cold War they agreed with Russia to create a 'landmass' called Finland where they could fish. After all, if people thought there was a country there nobody would expect the Japanese to be harpooning whales would they?
The fish is then transported through Russia where a small percentage of the food is given to the population, (they were of course starving at the time of Finland being invented), and then is shipped to Japan under the disguise of 'Nokia' products. Japan is apparently one of the worlds largest importers of Nokia products despite the fact that 'nobody there owns a Nokia phone' apparently.
The crux of all this however, and my favourite part, is the homage that the Japanese gave to this entire conspiracy theory.
What do fish have? Fins. Therefore they named their imaginary country Finland.
There are loads more that they go on about but I can't remember it all at the moment.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I feel like at the center of every conspiracy theory there is a retarded numerology or spelling curiosity in which someone thinks he has discovered THE HIDDEN TRUTH.

Deep Thought
Mar 7, 2005

Prester Jane posted:

I believed it because I thought the "enemy" that the human race was being oppressed by must be so incredibly intelligent and so shockingly malicious that there was just no way it could be human.

Not to say Icke and timecube and co are right, but that doesn't sound like an uncommon experience. If the complexity of the modern world is unfathomable for a man, then it must take a higher form of intelligence to understand it all and to direct it, otherwise it'd be chaos.

That kind of nous might not come to someone whose mind is fixed on their next meal ticket and other things, but it might develop in someone up in the clouds and looking down on life. If to them people start to look like ants and they don't ever need to come down and rub shoulders, its not a stretch to imagine the attitude could become malicious. Add to that the power of altered states of mind, heightened awareness, peak experiences and we have a recipe for convincingly demonic intelligences.

I think it's weird that you switched your ways of thinking twice. Do you think you could flip back again or do the drugs keep you in check?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Stumbled on this today at work:

wikipedia posted:

The [Order of Nine Angles] promotes the idea that human history can be divided into a series of Aeons, each of which contain a corresponding human civilization. It expresses the view that the current Aeonic civilization is that of the Western, but claims that the evolution of this society is threatened by the "Magian/Nazarene" influence of Judeo-Christian religion, which the Order seeks to combat in order to establish a militaristic new social order, termed the "Imperium". According to Order teachings, this is necessary in order for a Galactic civilization to form, in which "Aryan" society will colonise the Milky Way. It advocates a spiritual path in which the practitioner is required to break societal taboos by isolating themselves from society, committing crimes, embracing political extremism and violence, and carrying out an act of human sacrifice. ONA members practice magick, believing that they are able to do so through channeling energies into our own "causal" realm from an "acausal" realm where the laws of physics do not apply, with such magical actions designed to aid in the ultimate establishment of the Imperium.

And that started me on a hell of a wiki chain:

quote:

Several academic commentators to have studied the ONA express the view that the name "Anton Long" is probably the pseudonym of the British Neo-Nazi activist David Myatt, although Myatt has denied that this is the case.

quote:

David Wulstan Myatt[1] (born 1950), formerly known as Abdul-Aziz ibn Myatt[2] and Abdul al-Qari,[3] is the founder of The Numinous Way,[4][5][6] a former British Muslim,[6] and a former Neo-Nazi.
Myatt describes the Numinous Way as "the result of a four-decade long pathei-mathos and [...] the often difficult process of acknowledging my many personal mistakes",[105] and writes that it is an apolitical, and individual, way of life,[106] based on empathy and πάθει μάθος, pathei-mathos,[106] where race and the concept of the folk not only have no place[107] but are regarded as unethical abstractions.[57][106]

From the talk page of that article:

quote:

Political scientist George Michael has written that Myatt is an "intriguing theorist," [9] with a reported IQ of 187, [9] who has embarked over the years on a series of "Faustian quests." [9] — I seriously doubt this guy has an IQ of 187, mainly, because he's a follower of Islam (not exactly a religion that attracts geniuses). It would be nice if someone could verify the source given for this bold statement.[6] ISBN 0700614443 page 142. — EliasAlucard (Discussion · contribs) 00:32, 16 January 2008 (UTC)

I loving love it. All of it. But especially that talk page post. It's like a huge shaggy dog joke.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
So trump thinks Obama killed Scalia.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

sparatuvs posted:

So trump thinks Obama killed Scalia.

obama's got my vote then

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Stumbled on this today at work:

And that started me on a hell of a wiki chain:

From the talk page of that article:

I loving love it. All of it. But especially that talk page post. It's like a huge shaggy dog joke.

Jesus christ this is dumb. A secretive satanic neo-nazi group that not only practices human sacrifice and coordinates gang activities (while advertising the fact widely on the internet!) but also uses small cells of artists and lesbians for their magical muscle?

I really dig magicians, orders and such, and this has all the hallmarks of stdh.txt - not that you'd need half a brain to see that.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Tias posted:

Jesus christ this is dumb. A secretive satanic neo-nazi group that not only practices human sacrifice and coordinates gang activities (while advertising the fact widely on the internet!) but also uses small cells of artists and lesbians for their magical muscle?

It sounds like something from the World of Darkness.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Ratoslov posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if a drug-fuelled WoD gaming night lead to his cult idea.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Ratoslov posted:

You jest, but this actually exists in WoD, the Generation Hex and Illuminati groups from the Werewolf Wyrm faction.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
I just heard the best conspiracy theory this morning - Wilt Chamberlain's 100 point game didn't actually happen. I mean, he was 28/32 from the free throw line that night, and it was played in Hersey, PA in front of a very small crowd. No video of the game, and no radio exists. Score keeper fudged the numbers to hype up the NBA.

Down with Wilt, All Hail Kobe, single game scoring record holder.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
The allure of knowing ~*~secret information~*~ is so powerful it permeates all facets of our society.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

It's not (just) the thrill of secret knowledge. It's also the appeal of having a comprehensible way of understanding a complicated world. It makes me think of this conversation.

Jez: "Negative orgones are the source of all the problems in the world"
Mark: "And you believe that?"
Jez: "Well, how do you explain all the problems in the world?"
Mark: "Well.. I mean couldn't... there are just so many historical and economic factors that..."
Jez: "Exactly, you haven't got a clue."

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Bielefeld was just a test run.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Every generation needs to project onto the younger crowds or at least criticize them into being strong. Every so often kids come along that shut the booing masses down and reminds us that that the newer generation is more informed than we are. Adam is 8 years old and excited to share his newest crystal grid with the internet. He debuts a configuration he dubs a ‘web grid’ designed to transform dark energies into light.

It’s crucial to remember that this came along because of his first hand experiences with a well developed collection of the metaphysical stones. Adam spent ten minutes building this network of Amethyst, Apophyllite, Celestial Smoky Quartz, Clear Quartz points, several Lemurian Seed Crystals, and Vogels.

Watching this reminds me of my little brother explaining the theoretical and non moving Rube Goldberg devices he would fashion out of legos. The confidence in both of their intuitive reasonings is well placed and lovely to see unfold. There is some hiccups in the explanation but I’d venture to ask you doesn’t get lost talking about existential energies or consciousness. He is very specific about the alignment, even getting into the best charging, focusing and energy unleash points.

He literally holds the crystals to his ear to figure out where they go within the network. His confidence and willingness to look into the unseen is remarkable for anyone but especially an 8 year old. He also advertises for custom crystal set ups and consultations. I’d love to see his reasoning for certain configurations if all he is listening to is the stones.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

In my day you had to jack off to power your crystals. Took forever if you were by yourself.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Jack Gladney posted:

In my day you had to jack off to power your crystals. Took forever if you were by yourself.

Nowadays with these modern crystals you barely even need a tug or two to power them, much less cumming all over your belly button and watching the pearly white beads slowly pool together as you intently focus your energies. Kids these days will never appreciate the work that used to go into building 100-matrix orgone crystal fields around your house to protect against radio waves

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

corn in the bible posted:

Every generation needs to project onto the younger crowds or at least criticize them into being strong. Every so often kids come along that shut the booing masses down and reminds us that that the newer generation is more informed than we are. Adam is 8 years old and excited to share his newest crystal grid with the internet. He debuts a configuration he dubs a ‘web grid’ designed to transform dark energies into light.

It’s crucial to remember that this came along because of his first hand experiences with a well developed collection of the metaphysical stones. Adam spent ten minutes building this network of Amethyst, Apophyllite, Celestial Smoky Quartz, Clear Quartz points, several Lemurian Seed Crystals, and Vogels.

Watching this reminds me of my little brother explaining the theoretical and non moving Rube Goldberg devices he would fashion out of legos. The confidence in both of their intuitive reasonings is well placed and lovely to see unfold. There is some hiccups in the explanation but I’d venture to ask you doesn’t get lost talking about existential energies or consciousness. He is very specific about the alignment, even getting into the best charging, focusing and energy unleash points.

He literally holds the crystals to his ear to figure out where they go within the network. His confidence and willingness to look into the unseen is remarkable for anyone but especially an 8 year old. He also advertises for custom crystal set ups and consultations. I’d love to see his reasoning for certain configurations if all he is listening to is the stones.

I don't know what would be better, a kid who has discovered adults are dumb enough to pay him to pretend he is a wizard, or a kid who has no idea the adults aren't playing pretend too.

The other possibility, too sad to think about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

How do you guys keep your fingers from growing too long due to your crystals?

It's really hard to find velvet gloves that fit

• Locked thread