Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
The old Venture Compound is most likely in Colorado.

There's the newspaper article indicated a few posts up that states this explicitly, but if you don't consider the pilot to be completely canon, there's a really strong hint later. Five seasons later.

In the episode Venture Libre, the walking eye variant of H.E.L.P.eR. is summoned to help Rusty. He is seen going down highway US 285, which starts in Denver and goes almost all the way to the US/Mexico border. It'd be very out-of-the-way for H.E.L.P.eR. to get on this route while going from California or Arizona to Mexico.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Tatsuta Age posted:

It's not like they can't just swing by in the X1 and pick him up whenever. X3? What's the deal with the fancy new plane anyway

It's JJ's plane, the design is based on the Quinjets used by SHIELD in the Avengers movies and Agents of Shield. In the premiere it is referred to as the Venjet, which fits with the Quinjet name of the design source.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

tarlibone posted:

The old Venture Compound is most likely in Colorado.

There's the newspaper article indicated a few posts up that states this explicitly, but if you don't consider the pilot to be completely canon, there's a really strong hint later. Five seasons later.

In the episode Venture Libre, the walking eye variant of H.E.L.P.eR. is summoned to help Rusty. He is seen going down highway US 285, which starts in Denver and goes almost all the way to the US/Mexico border. It'd be very out-of-the-way for H.E.L.P.eR. to get on this route while going from California or Arizona to Mexico.

Also goes right through South Park (aka Fairplay) :v:

Hey, so why did the Monarch and Gary frantically go chasing after Manolo? Was it because they realized it looked like they were playing strip poker?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Data Graham posted:

Hey, so why did the Monarch and Gary frantically go chasing after Manolo? Was it because they realized it looked like they were playing strip poker?

You didn't notice that he dropped them off at the Venture building?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Data Graham posted:

No, they used him to hitch a ride to NY.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ehh gently caress, figures I'd be peering between the lines and miss the page.

Incidentally going back to Brockchat, I liked how he's generally just sort of mellowed out in his old age, to the point where Hank can come barging into his room and loudly steal his poo poo and he doesn't even look up in time.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

He may or may not be Henchman Uno

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Sash! posted:

He may or may not be Henchman Uno

I hope for his sake he's not.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I see Pete's taking the name "Pink Pilgrim" seriously.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Hasn't Rusty mentioned before that he had to use most of his dad's inheritance paying the University for the lab that Monarch blew up and Rusty took the blame for? That's probably why he never came back for the Ambasciatore.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

Hasn't Rusty mentioned before that he had to use most of his dad's inheritance paying the University for the lab that Monarch blew up and Rusty took the blame for? That's probably why he never came back for the Ambasciatore.

Huh. So he's not as big of a gently caress up as I always thought. That's kinda nice. I know it doesn't really make for good comedy, but is it weird that for all of his wrongdoings ("THE SOUL OF A FORSAKEN CHILD?!"), I want Rusty to have a happy(-ish) ending? I mean, he did reject Killinger's offer of making him a great villain and all...:ohdear:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Pope Guilty posted:

I see Pete's taking the name "Pink Pilgrim" seriously.

What would his weapon or powers be?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

SeanBeansShako posted:

What would his weapon or powers be?

Nobody has powers in that picture, unless you count Billy's amazing medical skill. Which seems to have been forgotten.

I'm actually kind of bummed about that- at the end of Season 4, he gets his medical degree, and he could actually be making something of himself with it- he could be amazingly famous and wealthy from it! But he's still just hanging around Pete and Rusty.

E: 21's got the same thing- after the end of season 4, they're both in a position to make something better of themselves, but they just can't get out of the ruts they're in.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Hey, JJ flew him up to Gargantua-2 for a consult! That's like Steve Jobs asking you to be his oncologist.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Reinanigans posted:

Huh. So he's not as big of a gently caress up as I always thought. That's kinda nice. I know it doesn't really make for good comedy, but is it weird that for all of his wrongdoings ("THE SOUL OF A FORSAKEN CHILD?!"), I want Rusty to have a happy(-ish) ending? I mean, he did reject Killinger's offer of making him a great villain and all...:ohdear:

the happy ending for him is not turning dean into himself. he's hosed and he knows it

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Kesper North posted:

Hey, JJ flew him up to Gargantua-2 for a consult! That's like Steve Jobs asking you to be his oncologist.

Actually, JJ flying some guy who sells books about frankenwheat, superfoods, and crystal-energy-infused snake oil--literal snake oil, as in oil pressed from live snakes--to Gargantua-2 for a consult is like Steve Jobs asking you to be his oncologist. Calling Billy is pretty much the most un-Jobs thing he could do.

(Yeah, that's an exaggeration, but the hosed up thing is that it's not much of an exaggeration. Mr. Jobs decided to fight the only curable type of pancreatic cancer with diet and acupuncture instead of medicine. By the time he pulled his head out of his rear end and remembered that he's not technically god, it was too late.)

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Jose posted:

the happy ending for him is not turning dean into himself. he's hosed and he knows it
I'm still kind of worried about Dean. Obviously JJ's death has hit him quite hard and it looks like he's starting to take a real interest towards science, let's hope he doesn't turn into a mad scientist or someone like his father.

Although I think that we should keep an eye on Hank... things may be going his way right now but who knwows, maybe he will fail hard at some point.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I love how this show can make funny minor characters based on a pun or simple joke idea, like Girl Hitler, Radical Left, and now Fallen Archer.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
I fail to see the pun in that name, could someone explain the joke?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

X_Toad posted:

If you have fallen arches you should see a podiatrist.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

X_Toad posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_feet

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

sticklefifer posted:

I love how this show can make funny minor characters based on a pun or simple joke idea, like Girl Hitler, Radical Left, and now Fallen Archer.

Let's not forget the racist White Noise

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Do you even have blood? l mean, you're, like, made out of static. How do you even know you're white?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Intangible fancy is pretty good too.

Can we even get that, that, head-area off?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Intangible fancy is pretty good too.

Can we even get that, that, head-area off?

So do you still have, uh?

Genitals? Not anymore.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Medullah posted:

Let's not forget the racist White Noise

Or the OSI guys: Slap Chop, Bum Rush, Shuttlecock, and Tank Top.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

walgreenslatino posted:

Do you even have blood? l mean, you're, like, made out of static. How do you even know you're white?

Man I love that episode. Every scene is gold. Even the end line, Monarch saying "....what." my friend and I still repeat to this day.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Ithaqua posted:

RIP

Torrid

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

He must've done his research to know that Dr. Orpheus owns Orpheus Island.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Ithaqua posted:

Oh god I just remembered we have yet to meet Think Tank!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

It's weird that they didn't show torrid actually die on screen, but watch and ward act like he's dead when Al calls them from the prom.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

It's weird that they didn't show torrid actually die on screen, but watch and ward act like he's dead when Al calls them from the prom.

He dies cursing the outrider and sends him to hell with him.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

He dies cursing the outrider and sends him to hell with him.
It just showed him disappear, I didn't know he went back to hell. That works I guess.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Did the weird early release Amazon video bug get fixed? I don't see the new episode up yet.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Maybe they only did that to get people to buy the season.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Cojawfee posted:

Maybe they only did that to get people to buy the season.

They would and it worked on me. :sigh:

Bob Quixote
Jul 7, 2006

This post has been inspected and certified by the Dino-Sorcerer

Grimey Drawer

Kesper North posted:

They would and it worked on me. :sigh:

Worked on me too, though I don't really mind the cost too much if a small chunk of my purchase actually makes it to Doc and Jackson somehow or encourages adultswim to fund new episodes since I don't have cable.

When are the Amazon episodes supposed to be uploaded normally if last week was a fluke then? Is it a simultaneous premier thing or do we have to wait for the day after the TV premier?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Hopefully simultaneously. If not, then worst case tomorrow morning.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Bob Quixote posted:

Worked on me too, though I don't really mind the cost too much if a small chunk of my purchase actually makes it to Doc and Jackson somehow or encourages adultswim to fund new episodes since I don't have cable.

Yah, that's a great point.

As for when it'll actually show - I'm really hoping it shows up around midnight Eastern, since that's 9PM for me...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

:eyepop: I just found out what "Brando's got us on our bellies and he's reaching for the butter" is referencing. This loving show.