Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

ZenMaster posted:

This but it says "down with this sort of thing"

Careful now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

They have a guy (Lando) who is actually more charismatic, but for some reason do the majority of the shows without him. I'm not saying he's a great guy or anything, but he seems far more natural on camera than most of them.

Also (and this is a personal peeve), I can't believe whoever produces these things hasn't taken Ben's phone out of his hand and bashed it into a thousand pieces yet. During any of their 'live' shows he can't stop from constantly looking and playing with his phone ON AIR and looking incredibly bored whenever anyone isn't talking about Wing Commander. It's just incredibly unprofessional and I always think 'If you are too bored to even pay attention to this, why should your customers bother?'.

Please remember he cannot get his phone back in his pocket due to the fact his hand/arm /body ratio precludes it.
Believe me in the flesh this entity is worse than you could imagine.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

My worthless personal theory is that EightAce doesn't actually work for CIG, but has a close relationship/friendship with one or more people within the company. I've worked for hosed companies in the past, and employees will moan about work to their friends and partners after hours to relive the stress. I know I did. It was either do that or become an alcoholic (though the two aren't mutually exclusive). You can also be sure that colleagues are talking amongst themselves about the situation within the company.

e: I didn't realise I posted right after you EightAce. It seems rude talking to you in the third person like that straight after you. Sorry. lol.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Feb 6, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Here Chris, I put together a roadmap for you.

Wait, poo poo, I hosed up the dates. Add a year to everything and it will be just fine.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

ZenMaster posted:

This but it says "down with this sort of thing"

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

fuctifino posted:

My worthless personal theory is that EightAce doesn't actually work for CIG, but has a close relationship/friendship with one or more people within the company. I've worked for hosed companies in the past, and employees will moan about work to their friends and partners after hours to relive the stress. I know I did. It was either do that or become an alcoholic (though the two aren't mutually exclusive). You can also be sure that colleagues are talking amongst themselves about the situation within the company.

e: I didn't realise I posted right after you EightAce. It seems rude talking to you in the third person like that straight after you. Sorry. lol.

Or maybe he used to work there and now has a shared account with a couple of people that still do ....
What do I know, just speculation really

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

AP posted:

That's what I thought, however if you can stand watching this for a few minutes this guy is one of the main fanboys. Have a listen to the stuff he actually expects them to do really really soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU82z7QGAoM

Which features will be implemented in 2.2?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Chris Roberts wanting the escape pods done before anything else makes perfect sense when you think about it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

EightAce posted:

Or maybe he used to work there and now has a shared account with a couple of people that still do ....

How's Descent, anyways?

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

How's Descent, anyways?

Hahahahahahaha ...
No Americans here, although wingman is a great guy and highly thought of .

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Just link to the AtV point where they answer the question, "name one thing finished in the persistent universe", and they are like "we can't".

Why even split the game up to begin with anyways? Are they going to make you re-buy 2 of....oh...

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

So shotguns are broken but pistols and machine guns still work right? Gonna be some wicked exciting battles when this game never comes out. Any news on the big laser gun thing?

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Been thinking of titles for my tell all book when this shitshow ends.
I am quite taken with 'Stimpire of the vanities ' currently

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

EightAce posted:

Pubes and prejudice

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I would just like to remind everybody that I also predicted the showroom when I posted "Something bad will happen. Soon." In other CIG insider news, some more obvious signals that the company is hosed will be spotted within the next week. Another familiar face will also be leaving- you guessed it- soon.

In actual news, my charge back went through. They didn't even ask me for documentation- seems like CIG already has some kind of rep.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lime Tonics posted:

Just link to the AtV point where they answer the question, "name one thing finished in the persistent universe", and they are like "we can't".

Why even split the game up to begin with anyways? Are they going to make you re-buy 2 of....oh...

No, you see, its because Star Citizen is an ever-evolving property that constantly gets reworked updated. They do this so much that nothing is ever finished, why would you want things finished? Is there anything in the game you think can't be made better?! HOW DARE YOU INSULT THE INTEGRITY OF THIS TEAM, WE POUR OUR HEARTS AND SOULS INTO THIS *livestream audio dies*

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I just recalled that the Starfarer, which I was actually interested in seeing for the sake of closing the book on that old interest, was supposed to have been released last month.

You got me again CIG!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

AP posted:

That's what I thought, however if you can stand watching this for a few minutes this guy is one of the main fanboys. Have a listen to the stuff he actually expects them to do really really soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU82z7QGAoM

I bit the bullet so others wouldn't have to suffer… :eng99:

quote:

• Hangar expansion
• Casaba outlet (IG shop)
↳ Character & ship customisation w/ persistence
↳ Item purchases and renting
• Item system 2.0
• Power management
• Nyx landing zone (interior)
↳ Exterior w/ procedural planet generation
• Cargo & loot drops
• NPC pirates
• MP party system
• Performance
• More missions
• Physicalised EVA (again)
• Game manual

Ships:
• Starfarer
• Reliant
• Sabre
• Constellation & Freelancer variants
• Prowler
• Xi’an scout
• Herald

Funny how no actual game mechanics seem to be on these lists.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Pubes and prejudice

Yes I like that ... Or ' 50 shades of Xian scout '

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

I'll drop this point now, but let me finally just reiterate that this person gets top billing alongside Gillian Anderson, Gary Oldman and Mark Strong.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

EightAce posted:

:)

The reason why I shared my worthless opinion in this thread is because Sandi and Ben read it, and it will increase their paranoia more so.

And also to highlight that they will never be able to plug the leaks in something so massive.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Feb 6, 2016

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

EightAce posted:

Yes I like that ... Or ' 50 shades of Xian scout '

Very nice, what about Crate expectations? :D

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

EightAce posted:

Well, why not have 5 books, and split those 5 books into 5 more, come on man.

Still can't believe how people can't see the game is cash grabbing so hard right now, trying to get as many playe, suckers in the game with free fly extended.

Please enter code STAR-fn654jfb5fbgc6g543 is everywhere now.

paaarpp.

With that I take my leave til Tuesday, probably be at page 2500 by then.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

quote:

The pressure is on! Forrest has been visiting and giving the guys a good understanding of the new pipeline and has done a stellar job on working with associate producer Andy to get a comprehensive schedule together.
Forest is the guy that David Jennison stated was one of his primary reasons for leaving.
This whole post was good but this point in particular I think is noteworthy. The only thing Chris is capable of delegating is mismanagement.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Lime Tonics posted:

Well, why not have 5 books, and split those 5 books into 5 more, come on man.
Oooh. A Koch curve of incompetence.
(Original title, do not steal.)

e: On reflection, that's actually a pretty good description of this entire project: every part is recursively and incompetently broken down into small, equally recursive and incompetent parts until the incompetence approaches infinity.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 6, 2016

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I'm starting to feel like SC is really an avant-garde art project attempting to destroy the meaning of language around software development. After ~3 years I think the terms 'open development', 'pipeline', 'design', 'refactoring' and maybe a dozen other words have been so conceptually obliterated that future software teams will be reduced to grunting and rude gestures to describe their process.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Very nice, what about Crate expectations? :D

"The Fourth Stimpire or, How I learned to stop worrying and love the pain"

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

I'm starting to feel like SC is really an avant-garde art project attempting to destroy the meaning of language around software development. After ~3 years I think the terms 'open development', 'pipeline', 'design', 'refactoring' and maybe a dozen other words have been so conceptually obliterated that future software teams will be reduced to grunting and rude gestures to describe their process.

Chris Roberts is Hideo Kojima

I wish Sandi would be Quiet

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Sarsapariller posted:

I would just like to remind everybody that I also predicted the showroom when I posted "Something bad will happen. Soon." In other CIG insider news, some more obvious signals that the company is hosed will be spotted within the next week. Another familiar face will also be leaving- you guessed it- soon.
That's true -- but then again you also decried CIG car crash rubbernecking awhile back so I'm not sure what to believe. :-p

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
"Skeletor does video games"

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

"The Fourth Stimpire or, How I learned to stop worrying and love the pain"

Foreword by Charles manson (director of reverse the verse)

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
The theory crafting done by the Terra Malatora people now seems rather restrained and quaint compared to what goes on in the RSI-forums.

Peroxide Cowboy
Nov 30, 2013

SelenicMartian posted:

Rehearse the verse, Sandi!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Foreword by Charles manson (director of reverse the verse)

He doesn't watch the executions out of necessity, but out of pleasure.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

EightAce posted:

Pubes and prejudice

I don't think anyone can beat this for humour. lol

Each chapter could be named after famous books too..

'Gullible's Travels'
'Withering Heights'
'The Thirty-Nine Steps Pipelines' etc.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Feb 6, 2016

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Dusty Lens posted:

I just recalled that the Starfarer, which I was actually interested in seeing for the sake of closing the book on that old interest, was supposed to have been released last month.

You got me again CIG!

It has been "almost hanger ready" since August.

So they're only 5 months behind their revised estimate.

You don't understand game development.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

EightAce posted:

I can't believe they bought it

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

It would fit hand in hand with the heavy moderation, useless empty talk shows presented as "information" and revisionist history about dates and promises. If we lack the words to accuse them, how will we be able to do it ?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Early Days and Two Week Delays: The Story of Star Citizen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

aleksendr posted:

It would fit hand in hand with the heavy moderation, useless empty talk shows presented as "information" and revisionist history about dates and promises. If we lack the words to accuse them, how will we be able to do it ?

Unfortunately, Chris Roberts and his Cloud Imperium Games will crash to the ground. Their greatest asset shall be their greatest enemy.

And his name is JPEG

• Locked thread