Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lemming posted:

Be strong. Overcome your earthly desires. This is the only way to free yourself of the cycle of reincarnation.

I'm trying. My Assassin 'Knaifu Waifu' just looks really good in that dumb coat. :negative:

By the way, does anyone here use a G602 mouse? I'm trying to bind the keys but I've hit some hurdles. First of all, I can only bind to keystrokes and not Mouse4,5,6,etc., and second I need to run the Logitech ~Gaming Software~ in admin mode... but that's all fine. However, when I bind the keys in game and press a skill, the game counts it as the key being continuously held down and the only way to stop it is to press Esc :confused:

I needed the mouse more for button-heavy games like WoW or FFXIV but it would be nice if I could get it to work with this game too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

GameGuard has also been disabled as of the most recent build, if you didn't notice - it was causing false positives with a lot of ~Razer~ software and other things, so they just turned it off.

amazing

Ryoutarou
Nov 6, 2009
Is it worth it to get the Moonwater Renowned Valor SS set?

Ryoutarou fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Feb 6, 2016

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Velveteen posted:

On the TW server she is female and even her voice actor talked with a woman's voice. I think she just has a male haircut.

That's sort of where the whole mess of confusion is coming from, though, and why Cao posted what he did - Gong doesn't use just a male-exclusive haircut, "her" entire mesh is that of a Lyndude. That thing with her nose being noticeably reddened is the cosmetic adjustment option Lyndudes get in place of blush for the ladies. And the face is a male face mesh, too - it's hard to get the eyes on a Lady-Lyn to look exactly the same, but it's almost trivial for a Lyndude. She's using the slightly different male facial mesh.

I guess they just wanted a "sharp and bookish" look for this lady Lyn, and it ended up that using a Lyndude model rigged to be as "girly" as possible got the best effect. It speaks to the flexibility of the character creator, I suppose, though it sort of leaves anyone wanting to imitate that look up the creek.

Anyway, I sorta feel like this is a discussion not a lot of people will care about much :v: but at least it's more evidence that the character creator is really flexible!

Ryoutarou posted:

Is it worth it to get the Moonwater Renowned Valor SS set?

It's the most trivial set to get for a fresh 45, and it's a pretty big upgrade to anything below it, so yes.

Ryoutarou
Nov 6, 2009
Alright cool thanks.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SpaceDrake posted:

Anyway, I sorta feel like this is a discussion not a lot of people will care about much :v: but at least it's more evidence that the character creator is really flexible!

Hey, I don't speak for anyone but myself but to me the character creator has probably been 50% of the game so far :haw: I love character creators.

e: Oh, and as for the G602 question earlier I just had to restart my computer :downs:

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

SpaceDrake posted:

It speaks to the flexibility of the character creator, I suppose, though it sort of leaves anyone wanting to imitate that look up the creek.
In this case, the only detail other that the costume that can't be gotten with the editor was the mouth... It was a full 5 points higher than the LynM max.
And since I did turn out to have its files, Here's the preset. Only things touched by human hands were the hair and tail.

Fun fact: The editor treats eyelashes as a type of beard
Eyelashes are called beards and beards are called meshbeards

Reicere fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Feb 6, 2016

VegetableBus
Sep 3, 2015
Anyone know if the Stalker Jiangshi Outfit Chest has a chance to drop anything other than Jiangshi Raiment? I got more than one and I'm not sure if I should open the second one...

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Reicere posted:

In this case, the only detail other that the costume that can't be gotten with the editor was the mouth... It was a full 5 points higher than the LynM max.
And since I did turn out to have its files, Here's the preset. Only things touched by human hands were the hair and tail.

I meant more in the sense of "matching the visual look with the 'intended' voice set as a player", but yeah, I always figured Gong didn't exceed the limits that much.

(Though I am a little surprised by the size of the pupils - they seem a bit smaller than 14, looking at Gong in-game. If you say they're right, tho)

Thanks for doing that, btw, and sorry if I threw you off by making you look for the wrong gender model and sparking a huge ol' debate about this :v:

quote:

Fun fact: The editor treats eyelashes as a type of beard
Eyelashes are called beards and beards are called meshbeards

it's all facial hair right

VegetableBus posted:

Anyone know if the Stalker Jiangshi Outfit Chest has a chance to drop anything other than Jiangshi Raiment? I got more than one and I'm not sure if I should open the second one...

IIRC, the hat will be in a separate hat box. If you have a second Rainment box, you've got two core outfits.

VegetableBus
Sep 3, 2015

SpaceDrake posted:

IIRC, the hat will be in a separate hat box. If you have a second Rainment box, you've got two core outfits.

Yeah I have gotten the two head pieces from the separate head box. I am just wondering if the Rainment is the only possible outcome of the outfit chest? If so it would be better to sell it, if that's even possible

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Pretty sure it's not droppable. And each of the three boxes has their specific drop and that's it.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

VegetableBus posted:

Yeah I have gotten the two head pieces from the separate head box. I am just wondering if the Rainment is the only possible outcome of the outfit chest? If so it would be better to sell it, if that's even possible

Like DemonMage says, each box has its one drop and that's it. The only variable loot is the weapon chests.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

There is literally no reason I can see for the wheel to drop a box that turns into exactly one thing rather than just drop that thing other than to waste time. But that's KMMO 101 I guess.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

It probably required something to unlock it back in the day and it's just a legacy. Keep in mind the game is actually like 3-4 years old even though we just got it. So there's some weird or clunky poo poo that's leftover from an original system that got tuned up or cut.

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

SpaceDrake posted:

(Though I am a little surprised by the size of the pupils - they seem a bit smaller than 14, looking at Gong in-game. If you say they're right, tho)
Those eyes. It's actually the reason I didn't catch the whole gender issue. I had loaded him up partially just in case, but since the eyes seemed way too large I didn't bother finishing it.
I can only guess that the custom pose or expression has really wide eyes.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

chumbler posted:

There is literally no reason I can see for the wheel to drop a box that turns into exactly one thing rather than just drop that thing other than to waste time. But that's KMMO 101 I guess.

Probably because its easier to code/sort if everything is a box, even if some boxes simply have a loot table of exactly 1 item

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
So what's with having to equip a different weapon to use Dungeon Finder for Blackram Supply Chain?

More leftover KMMO poo poo?

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Stealthed Zombie posted:

So what's with having to equip a different weapon to use Dungeon Finder for Blackram Supply Chain?

More leftover KMMO poo poo?

You need at least a minimum of Dokumo level, which is level 42 or Profane for hongmoon weapons. Its doable with Infernal but you'll have to use the party finder instead.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Velveteen posted:

You need at least a minimum of Dokumo level, which is level 42 or Profane for hongmoon weapons. Its doable with Infernal but you'll have to use the party finder instead.

Ahhhhhhh gotcha ok.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

chumbler posted:

A box which needs to be unlocked which contains a weapon which must be unsealed. :downs:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Slowpoke! posted:

A box which needs to be unlocked which contains a weapon which must be unsealed. :downs:

Blade and soul progression in a locked nutshell.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Slowpoke! posted:

And if it's not what you want you need to click a button, click the item and click yes (or even type in a word) to salvage it!

Maybe one day there will be an MMO that respects the player's time (it won't be a KMMO).

Mao
Apr 18, 2007

Slowpoke! posted:

My favourite is I still have to unseal the poo poo I craft. Really?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Is there a way to get (regular) keys other than the daily thing or surveys? I went through 18 of the fuckers trying to get my KFM weapon from the stalker guy and never saw it.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Countblanc posted:

Is there a way to get (regular) keys other than the daily thing or surveys? I went through 18 of the fuckers trying to get my KFM weapon from the stalker guy and never saw it.

The Radiant Ring profession can craft it if I remember correctly. Other than that, its just dailies or buying them.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
You can buy keys from NPCs, but it isnt cost effecient until way later. Hit level 16, spend like 30 copper at the marketplace buying your stalker weapon, and remember that all bluename breakthrough weapons are tradeable.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

chumbler posted:

And if it's not what you want you need to click a button, click the item and click yes (or even type in a word) to salvage it!

Maybe one day there will be an MMO that respects the player's time (it won't be a KMMO).

You can turn that confirmation box off somewhere in the options.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
How do assassins handle multiple mobs on higher levels? I'm leveling one now and my biggest issue (and concern) is AoEing/fighting more than one enemy at a time.

They seem awfully squishy, and it feels really weird to have to use potions and dumplings all the time.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Your Computer posted:

How do assassins handle multiple mobs on higher levels? I'm leveling one now and my biggest issue (and concern) is AoEing/fighting more than one enemy at a time.

They seem awfully squishy, and it feels really weird to have to use potions and dumplings all the time.

Poison spray / Poison mine / the lightning charge, Mostly just skill AOE packs unless you need to kill them

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Your Computer posted:

As above, but they're also not squishy because you shouldn't be getting hit. By the 20s you can easily perma stealth. And with a crit lifesteal gem, close shave, poison breath, you have a bunch of heal options for when you gently caress up or get hit by an AE.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Rank 3 form 2 Shadowstrike after detonating landmine worked pretty well for me for AOE before permastealth, as did camping in stealth for cooldowns to come back. Don't use those strategies since permastealth, after which you just never get hit in PvE unless you stand in red stuff without a flower or ranked Lotus Fury up and can otherwise burn down everything one by one pretty quickly.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Rainuwastaken posted:

You can buy keys from NPCs, but it isnt cost effecient until way later. Hit level 16, spend like 30 copper at the marketplace buying your stalker weapon, and remember that all bluename breakthrough weapons are tradeable.

It's also a good idea to auction off a few extra unsealing charms in the early zones and only unseal the stuff you actually need, that should give enough cash to cover the costs of everything else until the east continent. Once you hit 45 and actually need large amounts of unsealing charms for gear, you'll be making enough from the Blackram and Faction dailies to buy charms back from the auction house.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Note that unsealing charms cost about 10 silver from the NPCs, so don't buy them from the auction house if it's higher than that.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Unsealimg Charms and other basic consumables made by crafting need an overhaul.

Moonwater Transformation Stones also need an overhaul.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I couldn't stop myself and bought a couple of boxes, got two moonwater keys and a moonwater transformation stone plus a couple of soulstones. I'm leveling pretty slowly due to playing ~4 characters at the same time (altaholic) and my #1 plan for endgame is to get as many costumes as possible.

Do you guys reckon the price of those materials will go up or down noticeably? I'm tempted to sell it all and buy fabric for transmutation because, y'know, costumes. :shittydog:

Kuai
May 25, 2004

Your Computer posted:

I couldn't stop myself and bought a couple of boxes, got two moonwater keys and a moonwater transformation stone plus a couple of soulstones. I'm leveling pretty slowly due to playing ~4 characters at the same time (altaholic) and my #1 plan for endgame is to get as many costumes as possible.

Do you guys reckon the price of those materials will go up or down noticeably? I'm tempted to sell it all and buy fabric for transmutation because, y'know, costumes. :shittydog:

They will go down absolutely.

Anyways now I know why I see so many Gon females farming Infinite Challenge costume.

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007
Man, PvPing as a FM is ridiculously hard. BD was massively easier.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

If I want to breakthrough my weapon, do I just need to keep running Blackram Narrows over and over again until either the boss drops a plagued weapon I can use, or I get one in the end chest?

Because that's, uh, not fun

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Brain In A Jar posted:

If I want to breakthrough my weapon, do I just need to keep running Blackram Narrows over and over again until either the boss drops a plagued weapon I can use, or I get one in the end chest?

Because that's, uh, not fun

Yes. I reached the same point, did it once and went "yeah... ok" then stopped.

The issue is that the weapon you need isn't tradable so people can't toss their unwanted on the auction house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyung
Jul 22, 2012
Any red clans on Mushin? grinding in this sandy piece of poo poo map is kind of lonely.

• Locked thread