Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Adventures of Mana, an enhanced remake of the Game Boy game Final Fantasy Adventure aka Mystic Quest aka Sword of Mana is out.

Avengers Academy seems to be out of soft launch too.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Feb 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Red Warrior posted:

Sage Solitaire is now out:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noodlecake.sagesolitaire

$3.99 in app purchase for no ads, extra modes, wallpapers and card backs.

This game is pretty fun for a quick time waster. I appreciate the option to get rid of ads, so I threw $3.99 at him. Seems like a game that you won't binge on so much you get sick of it and can come back time and time again.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

New Leaf posted:

This game is pretty fun for a quick time waster. I appreciate the option to get rid of ads, so I threw $3.99 at him. Seems like a game that you won't binge on so much you get sick of it and can come back time and time again.

Yeah, I'm enjoying it, it's not something you play for hours, but a quick game or two when you have nothing to do is pretty fun

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

New Leaf posted:

Yeah it's my wife's go-to game, she loves it to death. It's a really nice take on solitaire. Surprisingly tough though.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

So Avenger's Academy - do you just send your people to do random nonsense when they're not busy? Tony is out of relevant poo poo to do, but Loki and Wasp are both busy for the next hour or so. Can I just bank their "drops" for when they're eventually needed?

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
No idea tbh, I just let them wonder around until I can use them.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I tried having Loki do random poo poo while Tony and Wasp were busy and it did gently caress all, so.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Is this as incredible as it sounds? If so, I'll check it out. I have a few survey bucks for either this or that Solitaire game that was posted earlier.

I got the game with my google FunBucks and have not been having a very great time with it. The controls are pretty customizable but still never feel very good. I've not gotten very far in but the gameplay seems to lack much depth to it. It wasn't a waste of my survey money at half off, and I plan on continuing to play the game, but it's not been as fun as I expected.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

The Solitaire game is free to play, so give it a shot if you're on the fence.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
So I played the poo poo out of Neko Atsume, and I feel like there's nothing else for me to do in the game really, so I'm looking for another time waster game.

I know there's a ton of Neko Atsume clones out there, but I'm not really interested in playing the same game again. Doesn't have to be about animals or anything, I just need a suggestion for a game that I can just check in on from time to time. A friend of mine suggested Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes and I found it way too grindy.

Suggestions are much appreciated.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Jmcrofts posted:

So I played the poo poo out of Neko Atsume, and I feel like there's nothing else for me to do in the game really, so I'm looking for another time waster game.

I know there's a ton of Neko Atsume clones out there, but I'm not really interested in playing the same game again. Doesn't have to be about animals or anything, I just need a suggestion for a game that I can just check in on from time to time. A friend of mine suggested Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes and I found it way too grindy.

Suggestions are much appreciated.

Almost zero gameplay but GodVille is pretty fun to check in on from time to time while your hero does its thing.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

GTA: Chinatown Wars is on saaaaale :toot:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

New Leaf posted:

So Avenger's Academy - do you just send your people to do random nonsense when they're not busy? Tony is out of relevant poo poo to do, but Loki and Wasp are both busy for the next hour or so. Can I just bank their "drops" for when they're eventually needed?

Yea, unlike other Tappers, when people don't have an active task or quest, they don't need to be sent on anything as you won't get anything for it.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, unlike other Tappers, when people don't have an active task or quest, they don't need to be sent on anything as you won't get anything for it.

Wait is this, "Yeah send people out to do random nonsense" or "They won't get anything for it"?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

i like tacos posted:

Wait is this, "Yeah send people out to do random nonsense" or "They won't get anything for it"?

Unless there is an active quest for an activity doing if is a waste.

On the flip side, if multiple missions require the same activity you don't need to do it multiple times.

Question: are all heroes unlockable through leveling (like the hulk) or are some/most crystals only?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

How's The World Ends With You on Android? I'm asking from a perspective of someone who has played it before on the DS (and thinks it's one of the best games of all time), so mostly I'm asking about:
- Control scheme
- Other big changes I should know before going in

I asked this in the RPG thread but either people missed it, or no one there has played it so I thought I might have better luck here.

Asking now mainly because I heard they updated and it now works on Lollipop onwards. Used to be compatible up to Jellybean only.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Artelier posted:

How's The World Ends With You on Android? I'm asking from a perspective of someone who has played it before on the DS (and thinks it's one of the best games of all time), so mostly I'm asking about :
- Control scheme
- Other big changes I should know before going in

I haven't played the DS version so I can't directly compare but control-wise basically in battles everything is obviously now confined to one screen. It's all touch based and works really well. You only directly control Neku but you can summon your partner in for attacks by making their gesture, and alternating attacks with them builds up your sync.

As for other things, almost all of the artwork has been redone in HD and still looks really impressive now, even though its been years since it was originally released on mobile. The music has also apparently been remixed and is in higher quality, though strangely enough all the item images in your inventory remain pixelated sprites. There's probably some other stuff I'm missing but that's the most noticeable stuff.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

CrashCat posted:

Well anyway it's a turn based game and not a twitch game so that's all I really wanted to know. I don't know what's "arcade" or "action" about that but I don't care, as long as I don't have to deal with twitchy controls. I hate fumbling like an idiot to react to poo poo on my smooth slippery tablet so I avoid anything that requires it.

Those things are called "words used to increase the search ranking and sales on Play."

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ModeSix posted:

Those things are called "words used to increase the search ranking and sales on Play."
Hooray for SEO. I ended up just playing Sage Solitaire instead anyway.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
89 Games played in Sage Solitaire.

2 Clears.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

mrkillboy posted:

I haven't played the DS version so I can't directly compare but control-wise basically in battles everything is obviously now confined to one screen. It's all touch based and works really well. You only directly control Neku but you can summon your partner in for attacks by making their gesture, and alternating attacks with them builds up your sync.

As for other things, almost all of the artwork has been redone in HD and still looks really impressive now, even though its been years since it was originally released on mobile. The music has also apparently been remixed and is in higher quality, though strangely enough all the item images in your inventory remain pixelated sprites. There's probably some other stuff I'm missing but that's the most noticeable stuff.

Every boss now has a new gimmick to fit the one screen. They are all pretty good except the bat boss, who is a total train wreck.

Pin have been rebalanced, lightning rook is no longer the most powerful pin by a wide margin.

Mingle points are given by wining the pin slammer minigame.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

AnimalChin posted:

89 Games played in Sage Solitaire.

2 Clears.

It's hard as gently caress. I like it. Got my wife playing on her iPhone and her "New Game" button doesn't work for some reason, she has to go back through the Menu. Android master race.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I actually just tried out this solitaire game and the first time I ended the new game button didn't work. Seems to be fine now, however. Any idea why the game takes so long to load, though?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

New Leaf posted:

It's hard as gently caress. I like it. Got my wife playing on her iPhone and her "New Game" button doesn't work for some reason, she has to go back through the Menu. Android master race.

Mine did that the first time I was playing (well, after my second hand, but the first time the game was loaded). I almost thought that I had only gotten two games for free, but no, just an error.

Anyone have anything to say about the other modes?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

I unlocked Vegas mode in Sage Solitaire. It's a huge step up in difficulty, if you want to actually "win". Only trump hands score points, and you start out with a score multiplier of zero. So if you don't raise your multiplier by clearing piles in the top two rows, you get zero points at the end of the round :lol:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

PJOmega posted:

Unless there is an active quest for an activity doing if is a waste.

On the flip side, if multiple missions require the same activity you don't need to do it multiple times.

Question: are all heroes unlockable through leveling (like the hulk) or are some/most crystals only?

The majority are thought leveling. The only premium characters currently are Vision, War Machine and Spider-Woman. They have the level cap at 18 right now but for newer players that shouldn't be a problem. It is mildly annoying for beta players like myself.

John Cena plays the Hulk in this?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Goddamn, Sage Solitaire destroys your battery, doesn't it?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

hooah posted:

I haven't noticed that at all..

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

hooah posted:

Yeah, I seem to getting this as well. I also don't really like the game very much, it seems largely luck-based and almost impossible to finish,

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

hooah posted:

Even with low motion and conserve battery switched on?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Tunga posted:

Yeah, I seem to getting this as well. I also don't really like the game very much, it seems largely luck-based and almost impossible to finish,

It's no FreeCell (the BEST solitaire game ever :colbert:)

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

hooah posted:

I actually just tried out this solitaire game and the first time I ended the new game button didn't work. Seems to be fine now, however. Any idea why the game takes so long to load, though?

Is your phone rooted, and have adblock going on, or something? Just curious, because the game often loads an ad between games, and perhaps it is waiting for the ad to go through and delaying for that reason..

Just a hunch. I am on stock and have no issues with loading, in any case.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Nope, stock unrooted. I've noticed that the ads sometimes take a while to load, too.

As for the battery use, I did turn on the low battery mode, but not the slow motion or whatever. Some more explanation in the menu of what the options do would be nice. Why would a solitaire game need a battery saver mode??

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

So I've been playing Punch Club lately and it's a really cool game with what appears to be really lovely optimization.

Has anyone else encountered really sluggish response and gameplay after say 15 or 20 minutes and then it just gets worse and worse?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

How have you guys liked Crashlands? I'm playing it but it's been tutorializing for a long time now and I'm losing interest

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

ModeSix posted:

So I've been playing Punch Club lately and it's a really cool game with what appears to be really lovely optimization.

Has anyone else encountered really sluggish response and gameplay after say 15 or 20 minutes and then it just gets worse and worse?

Its a lovely android port/cash grab if I could refund it I would.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

The Duggler posted:

How have you guys liked Crashlands? I'm playing it but it's been tutorializing for a long time now and I'm losing interest

Yes http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3761793&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Still going strong 30 hours in on challenge mode. I hope to play it again after mods come out, but not again vanilla. It needs loot tier tweaking and more "biomes" would be okay with me.

the auschwitz diet
Mar 19, 2004
I toast mine own alcoholism
Good lord Avengers Academy is awful. Tap menus for 2 days to experience a dozen lines of dialogue about unlikable tween super heroes. How is this a game, who greenlit this?

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

the auschwitz diet posted:

Good lord Avengers Academy is awful. Tap menus for 2 days to experience a dozen lines of dialogue about unlikable tween super heroes. How is this a game, who greenlit this?

it's almost like... licensed f2p games print money and goony comic book nerds aren't the target demo?? Who'da thunk it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Geektox posted:

it's almost like... licensed f2p games print money and goony comic book nerds aren't the target demo?? Who'da thunk it?

as this thread has so amply demonstrated with the star trek discussion, we are completely the target audience.