Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

mng posted:

Trump wouldn't be a thing right now if Obama wasn't president. And because of Trump, a lot of his supporters are no longer afraid of voicing their racist hatred views so blatantly.

Thanks, Obama.

My dad was convinced Trump was a plant by the Clintons so that Hilary would win in 2016. He completely forgot that trump ran last election somehow and was a huge proponent of the birth certificate fiasco.

My dad's a lifelong Democrat and actually thought the Clintons planting Trump was great, which I'm sure Freep would appreciate for conspiracy reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Aesop Poprock posted:

My dad was convinced Trump was a plant by the Clintons so that Hilary would win in 2016. He completely forgot that trump ran last election somehow and was a huge proponent of the birth certificate fiasco.

My dad's a lifelong Democrat and actually thought the Clintons planting Trump was great, which I'm sure Freep would appreciate for conspiracy reasons

I remember there was a story going around that Donald Trump and Bill Clinton had a conversation about whether Trump should run for president. It got exaggerated by all the various political blogs, but apparently a conversation did happen, it was confirmed by Bill Clinton. But that's not why the conspiracy theory is dumb. It's dumb because unless the Clintons had precognition abilities, there would be no way to predict the success that Trump has had in the general election. He was flouting the idea of running in 2012 and was laughed out of the room, the notion that it was a cleverly calculated plan by Bill and Hillary to rip apart the Republican party would make them the best political analysts in history.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I honestly wouldn't mind Trump as a president because literally nothing at all would change just like literally nothing at all has changed under any of the presidents since world war 2.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I honestly wouldn't mind Trump as a president because literally nothing at all would change just like literally nothing at all has changed under any of the presidents since world war 2.

We already look stupid to the world. I really don't want our figurehead to be a person that is rude as hell. Even if Bush made words up at least he was pleasant and civil to everyone.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Scathach posted:

We already look stupid to the world. I really don't want our figurehead to be a person that is rude as hell. Even if Bush made words up at least he was pleasant and civil to everyone.

Dude, he barfed on the Japanese PM. Surely Trump isn't that rude.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Wrong bush buddy (this isn't the first time I've said that)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Aesop Poprock posted:

Wrong bush buddy (this isn't the first time I've said that)

Potato potato. All the Bush's are the same Bush's. Start a war in Iraq, raise taxes, throw up on Asians, etc.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

Potato potato. All the Bush's are the same Bush's. Start a war in Iraq, raise taxes, throw up on Asians, etc.

I think you mean lower taxes.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Lowtax is behind it all?

This conspiracy goes deep.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Skaw posted:

I think you mean lower taxes.

Ha, you'd think so wouldn't you? But no, they both raised them. Including Bush the First when he specifically promised in his campaign not to. New boss same as the old boss and all that.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ha, you'd think so wouldn't you? But no, they both raised them. Including Bush the First when he specifically promised in his campaign not to. New boss same as the old boss and all that.

I meant lower taxes for the people that matter, the rich.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

This really happened? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPrXJrzLLNA

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnOnDatqENo&hd=1&t=53s

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Skaw posted:

I meant lower taxes for the people that matter, the rich.
Yeah, tax breaks for millionaires and massive federal deficits were kind of A Thing for the Bushes /all conservative politicians.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Dr_Amazing posted:

The internet does seem to be getting more racist lately. Or at least more accepting of racist poo poo.

I blame Obama.

Uh, I think you should probably blame the racists but that's just, like, my opinion.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Imgur has a lot of reddit users who jumped ship when their favorite racist subforums got shut down. There's a fairly tight circle jerk on all the racist posts.

I enjoy looking at funny pics on the shitter, but some of the content is getting to poo poo tier levels of absurdity.

My favorites are the constant posts by about 10 "different" users posting Hillary Lies memes. Yeah its true but man do I get tired of seeing them pop up every 10 posts.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Siljmonster posted:

Imgur has a lot of reddit users who jumped ship when their favorite racist subforums got shut down. There's a fairly tight circle jerk on all the racist posts.

I enjoy looking at funny pics on the shitter, but some of the content is getting to poo poo tier levels of absurdity.

My favorites are the constant posts by about 10 "different" users posting Hillary Lies memes. Yeah its true but man do I get tired of seeing them pop up every 10 posts.

https://imgur.com/r/pics+funny

All the content, noneless of the bullshit.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

That was a cultural exchange! American-Japanese relations have never been better.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Regarding these Imgur/Reddit/etc people who think women are all lying whores and who lie about rape and cheat on their spouses, I'm pretty sure one of two things is going on:

1. They're just making things up (this is the obvious, most likely, explanation)

2. They're such repulsive people that they are only able to attract and date the sort of women that actually do this stuff.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Ytlaya posted:

Regarding these Imgur/Reddit/etc people who think women are all lying whores and who lie about rape and cheat on their spouses, I'm pretty sure one of two things is going on:

1. They're just making things up (this is the obvious, most likely, explanation)

2. They're such repulsive people that they drive anyone in their life away and fail to see it was their behaviour that caused the problem.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
http://imgur.com/gallery/GPIqsuJ

I get what this is trying to be, but "only white men can prevent evil" may not be the best way to say it.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

http://imgur.com/gallery/e1lhP25

This isn't even dog whistle racism any more. This is just straight up racism on the front page.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

trapped mouse posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/GPIqsuJ

I get what this is trying to be, but "only white men can prevent evil" may not be the best way to say it.
People say they're colorblind as if it's a good thing, but even the most innocent examples are things like this where they're completely ignorant of why what they're saying is racist.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

kazil posted:

This isn't even dog whistle racism any more. This is just straight up racism on the front page.

Was it removed from the front page? I see no comments and it shows 0 views.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

mng posted:

Yeah. I guess even Imgur has some shame

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

mng posted:

Says it has 30k views for me.

Also, the top comment was that the imagine is inaccurate because the father isn't absent :jerkbag: It had close to a hundred upvotes.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Your Computer posted:

Says it has 30k views for me.

Also, the top comment was that the imagine is inaccurate because the father isn't absent :jerkbag: It had close to a hundred upvotes.

I see the 30K views now, but no comments. The top one you mentioned is yet another hilarious catchphrase racist imgur people love, and it will always get upvoted.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Your friends are idiots. get new ones. http://imgur.com/gallery/FJD0r

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

kazil posted:

There's a surprising number of racists supporting Sanders.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

GWBBQ posted:

Your friends are idiots. get new ones. http://imgur.com/gallery/FJD0r

I like the implication that this person is probably going to end the friendship via showing up in a Pepe costume to someone's meme party, which suggests that, really, those two loving deserve each other. It's like a platonic, slightly more insufferable Pina Colada Song.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

There's a surprising number of racists supporting Sanders.

It's because of his policies and totally not because Hillary Clinton has a vagina.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
http://imgur.com/gallery/RrDeHWw

lol

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

an unlikely theory

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

kazil posted:

It's because of his policies and totally not because Hillary Clinton has a vagina.

I really doubt they know anything about his policies. A lot seem to think he's Ron Paul 2.

I made a joke like this ages ago "is it hard to find people who like the same stuff as I do because I have really good tastes, or really bad tastes?"

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

twistedmentat posted:

I really doubt they know anything about his policies. A lot seem to think he's Ron Paul 2.

Pretty much, a lot if the supporters aren't really politically savvy, they're just a disenfranchised group who doesn't like how things are going and they want something different, whatever it is.

Suddenly they read about this politician making waves and how the establishment hates and fears him so he must be the ticket!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

http://imgur.com/gallery/r2wQK

no words suffice

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

"Boring" is one.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

I'm the guy curled up in the foetal position just outside the shot sobbing 'how did my life end up like this'.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

remember that joke you enjoyed three times, then saw fifty more? what if it was me? it's perfect because i'm already tiresome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

quote:

I am guy fieri under my Pepe mask because I wanted her to hate me. She cried when I took the mask off to reveal the Fieri underneath.

Idiots on Imgur: I am Guy Fieri under my Pepe mask

• Locked thread