Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Here's some of the first of my Death Guard.

I freely admit that the Chaplain looks a little goofy, the sculpt is prehistoric and he was painted mostly for the fun of it. Happy with how the tactical guys ended up through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Bear Throne posted:

Did they fix assault marines being overcosted?

Is there anything there for Solar Auxillia, Cults & Militia, Sisters of Silence, or any other non SM/AD Mech?

No, but Allan Bligh said they are going to do something them.

And nothing at all outside of legions, Knights and mechanicum.

But tomorrow afternoon we are most likely getting some deets on custodes and Sisters. Maybe.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Woah, the Iron Circle are already in the red book. Randomly opened the IW section and stumbled on them.

Also IF phalanx warders have lost their +1 I, replaced by +1 WS.

Dorn and Mortarion now strike at initiative.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Feb 6, 2016

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."
Hey Mango Polo. I asked last page but it probably got lost in the shuffle but is the new Word Bearers Rite of War the rumored one that makes Gal Vorbak troops?

Galaspar posted:

Here's some of the first of my Death Guard.

I freely admit that the Chaplain looks a little goofy, the sculpt is prehistoric and he was painted mostly for the fun of it. Happy with how the tactical guys ended up through.

Today is a good day for Heresy!

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

The Sisko posted:

Hey Mango Polo. I asked last page but it probably got lost in the shuffle but is the new Word Bearers Rite of War the rumored one that makes Gal Vorbak troops?

Today is a good day for Heresy!

Oops, it is and here you go.

That one seems really, really nice.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
The second DA and first BA ROWs are pretty excellent. White Scars ROW just owns bones. Iron Circle seems worse than just getting x2 castellax.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Mango Polo posted:

Woah, the Iron Circle are already in the red book. Randomly opened the IW section and stumbled on them.

Also IF phalanx warders have lost their +1 I, replaced by +1 WS.

Dorn and Mortarion now strike at initiative.

They change any other IW stuff? Shrapnel shells or warsmiths maybe?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I think those changes will be in the new red books. Fingers crossed, buttholes clenched

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mango Polo posted:

Can't upload anything anymore, but basically:

RoW 1: Ravenwing Protocol

• Iron Knights: Sky Hunter jetbikes and Outrider bikes are the only troops you can take in a Primary Detachment with this RoW. The IC you selected to use this RoW must be on a jetbike or bike. Anyone who can't ride a bike is not allowed.
  • Knights Commander: IC in the detachment can re-roll wounds against targets with Toughness 5 or more. In addition they anf any unit they join ignore Leadership penalties during the Assault phase.
  • Search and Destroy: Jetbikes and skimmers (including those taken as... mounts by IC? I guess that's something for the future) can leave the table in their own movement phase and be placed in Ongoing Reserves. They re-enter using Outflank.
  • Hunt Them Down: Sweeping Advances can be re-rolled.
  • Scour the Land: Characters can take rad grenades for 5 points each.
  • The only vehicles allowed in the army are Skimmers and Flyers.
  • Infantry must start the game embarked on a flying transport and can only enter from Reserve.
  • No fortifications or Allies.
  • Only LoWs allowed are "Flyers of some type"
  • Inviolate and Alone: Models with LA (Dark Angels) using this RoW can never get Leadership benefits or Leadership-related bonus from non-LA (Dark Angels) or Sire of the DA sources. Also units from this RoW cannot be joined by IC from other detachments.
This has some minor promise, but sounds like a real hassle. You'd think they'd allow for deep striking infantry in addition to dudes in flying transports, but :shrug: I probably wouldn't touch this one.

Mango Polo posted:

RoW 2: Ironwing Protocol
  • Interlocking Fire: Vehicle squadrons with at least 2 models remaining have BS5.
  • Exterminators: Infantry shooting at models within 12" add +1 to wound if they are using Pistol, Rapid Fire, or Salvo weapons of S5 or less.
  • The Dust of Untold Worlds: Each tank vehicle ignores the first dangerous terrain test they have to make once per game. Also +1" to distance when moving Flat Out.
  • Goliaths of War: All dreads included in this detachment have Fear (hello fear, my old friend) and Tank Hunters.

• Infantry must start the game embarked on Tank transport vehicles.
  • At least half the units of the armymust be Tank vehicles.
  • If all Tanks are destroyed, the enemy gets a free additiomal Secondary Objective.
  • No fortifications or allied detachments.
This though? This is totally workable. A giant armored fist that unloads at short range. :getin: Too bad about the legion rules though. :v: Seriously, they are the loving worst.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Safety Factor posted:

This though? This is totally workable. A giant armored fist that unloads at short range. :getin: Too bad about the legion rules though. :v: Seriously, they are the loving worst.

Isn't their legion-specific wargear really good, though?

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mango Polo posted:

The word "work in progress" was also used.

Anyway, RoW 1:

• Jump Infantry must arrive by Deep Strike on turn 1 without rolling for Reserve.
  • All Deep Striking units have a 5+ cover save on the turn they arrive.
  • Deep Striking Infantry and Jump Infantry gain Pinning on their ranged weapons on the turn they arrive.
  • Units with LA (BA) have +1 I on the turn they charge.
  • Must always accept challenges.

• Compulsory HQ and Troops must have jump packs
  • Must take a compulsory FA choice that is either a Flyer or capable of Deep Strike
  • No fortifications, immobile units, or LoW that are not Flyers or Sanguinus.

Row 2

• Units with LA (BA) cannot be pinned.
  • Units within 3" of an objective in their deployment zone gain Stubborn.
  • Units with LA (BA) that cause a Morale check in close combat do it with a -1 penalty to Ld. This is cancelled if the enemy is immune to Fear.
  • Units with LA (BA) that are reduced to 50% or less of their starting size gain FNP 5+ until the end of the game.

• Must always do Sweeping Advances.
  • Must always accept challenges.
  • Units with LA (BA) that are reduced to 50% or less of their starting size count as being destroyed at the end of the game for VP purposes and no longer count as scoring. Characters are unaffected.

Kinda like both of these. Having an RoW give everyone the equivalent of Furious Charge is nice, Stubborn objective campers are nice, cover save after DS is nice. Glad I picked these guys right now.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Did the Raven Guard end up with a new RoW?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Cythereal posted:

Isn't their legion-specific wargear really good, though?

Who knows? It depends on the availability of that stuff. I do like that they have the 40k Blades of Caliban (Calibanite warblades) and the Monster Hunter relic (Terranic greatsword) as weapon options. The warblade is probably a bit more available, but I can see the greatsword as HQ only or even just for Praetors at which point why even bother. That plasma repeater is cool, but watch it be a terminator heavy weapon option or something.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

BULBASAUR posted:

Iron Circle seems worse than just getting x2 castellax.

I really can't think of too many automata that are better than X number of castellax. Same with the thanatar variants

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Feb 7, 2016

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
There was a rumor of more daemons being pulled into with the bad guys... any news on that? Specifically Emp Children?

Otherwise the new Kakaphoni rules makes them almost as good as a volkite support squad! Good try at least?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
The new Emperor's Children RoW is awesome, if only to have fuckloads of guys with Sonic Shriekers.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

quote:

next info dump: shattered legions, Black shields and dark compliances

shattered legions

• must use legiones crusade army list[/*]
  • must contain at least two different legions or more[/*]
  • to take legion exclusive units, you must take a HQ choice from that legion[/*]
  • can't take primarchs or legiones(black shield) units[/*]
  • must declare if traitors or loyalists before game starts[/*]
  • while the warlord is alive, all legions in the force treat each other as sworn brothers, once the warlord dies, all legions treat each other as distrusted allies[/*]
  • no shattered legion units are denial[/*]
  • can use any generic rite of war, and has 3 rites of war for shattered legions, may also use the legion exclusive rites of the legion the warlord belongs to[/*]
  • certain legiones astartes rules are completely ignored (due to rules issues). list is proved in the rules. not going to bother repeating it here.[/*]
  • certain legiones astartes rules carry over to all friendly shattered legion units in the same detachment, list proved in rules[/*]
  • one rite of war is isstvan 5 survivors which makes tactical veterans troops, all marines gain hatred(traitor legions) and slay the warlord confers D3 VP rather than one. however must take 3 HQs, 1 iron hands, 1 raven guard and a salamander[/*]
  • other is for the traitors that hunted them down, recon squads are regular troops and seeker squads become non-compulsory troops, wiping out enemy units confer additional VP to regular mission objectives, D3 VPs if wiped out through a sweeping advance. also when rolling a 6 to outflank, you may choose any side, not just left or right.[/*]
  • the third rite of war, is actually one of the white scars which shattered legions can use as their own. will cover that one when i do the new legions.[/*]
army of dark compliance
  • primary detachment is made up of any units from legion crusade or the militia/cult army list[/*]
  • must contain at least a single praetor or centurion (including consuls) and they are the warlord[/*]
  • must be traitors[/*]
  • may not use rites of war[/*]
  • legiones astartes rules do not carry over to militia[/*]
  • units are counted as being from the same army list, so may share transports benefit from warlord traits .etc[/*]
  • may not have more unit choices from legions than militia.[/*]
  • may not take a discipline cadre (that's what the marines are for)[/*]
  • legion astartes gain +1 to cover saves if shot at through a militia unit, however said unit takes D3 wounds with no AP value[/*]
  • any militia unit may take the 'disposable' rule for free (don't confer victory points for being killed) but are no longer scoring.[/*]
Black shields
  • is a new version of the legiones astartes rule, and uses the standard legion crusade army list[/*]
  • adds +1 to the roll to see who goes first[/*]
  • are 'by the emperors/horus's command' allies to legions, and fellow warriors to non-legion army lists[/*]
  • may not take praetors, command squads, tactical squads, drop pods, dreadnought drop pods or deathstorm drop pods[/*]
  • can't use rites of war, but can use the alternative FoCs.[/*]
  • may only take a single consul of any kind[/*]
  • must have more vehicles than infantry units[/*]
may take one or none of the following collections of rules
  • gain FNP(6+) but must pass a leadership test to end the movement phase further away from a visible enemy unit then they started. if test is failed they move D6" towards the closest enemy unit they can see[/*]
  • gain +1 leadership and rerolls 1s to hit while within 6" of another friendly blackshield unit, however they may not use the leadership value of other models and suffer D3 casualties if they fail a leadership test in the assault phase in addition to other effects. characters gain preferred enemy instead and can not take chaplains nor ally with other astartes[/*]
  • up to half of the  infantry units without a dedicated transport gains deep strike but suffers D3 casualties if mishaps in addition to other effects, may take additional wargear options, characters may take rad grenades, after half of the blackshield units have been killed, each turn after, each unit must pass a leadership test or be removed from play[/*]
  • may choose one of the following options but may not take allies
    option 1: +1 str, +1 toughness, -1I, -1" to charge range, may not sweeping advance
    option 2: +1ws, +1bs, -2ld
    option 3: gains fear, fleet and rage, -1bs [/*]
  • black shields may take a range of replacement wargear options called 'pariah' each confers a bonus over the original wargear, but has a negative attachment as well. won't list them here.[/*]
  • may take a blackshield reaver lord, basically a speical praetor with different wargear options, all the basics are there, plus the pariah gear and some others, while some 'fancy' praetor gear isn't.[/*]
  • black shields have a named character called 'nemean reaver' who is believed to be a former dark angel, may also be taken as a knight errant and replaces his blackshield special rules for the knight errant rules for a price.[/*]
  • main basic squad is the 'marauders' 5-20 basic marines with lots of basic options and 1in5 can take special/heavy weapons[/*]
​knights errant
  • nathaniel garro is as his pdf, only for note, the knights errant can be taken by any loyalist army, not just legiones astartes.[/*]
  • tylos rubio is pretty much a librarian consul with the knights errant wargear and special rules, (mastery level 2). takes his powers from deviation and telekinesis, may re-roll failed psychic tests when rolling for divi powers. also has an ability, where any left over warp charge in your pool, gives him +1str for each warp charge to a maximum of str10. warp charge don't carry over between turns.[/*]
  • build a knight is here, mostly basic options but everything is mastercrafted by default. may upgrade to a libby for usual consul price, may also take a selection of extra gear like narthecium, nuncio-vox or servo arm (gains battlesmith at the same time). has all the same rules as garro and rubio (by falsehood cloaked, oaths of moment, etc)[/*]

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Recoome posted:

The new Emperor's Children RoW is awesome, if only to have fuckloads of guys with Sonic Shriekers.

They don't really need it though. Our characters have to issue challenges and get +1I, and our close combat schtick is to stack combat res so even if we lose 3-to-1 models we still end up winning combat by 2 and sweeping.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hey Mango, do you know if this:

is for legion units or is this only for SA and Cults/Militia?

forkis
Sep 15, 2011

Germ posted:

Did the Raven Guard end up with a new RoW?

Supposedly! This is the bit of text I've seen posted around elsewhere about it.

quote:

raven guard for one turn only (of their choice) entire army gains zealot, gains D3 VPs for slay the warlord, allied militia are fearless while within 6" of raven guard infantry.

Sivores
May 25, 2008

All about that bass,
that smooth jazzy bass.
Hey, so a few of my friends want to know about the new rights of war for Ultramarines and Imperial Fist, has anybody seen these?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Dorn lost unwieldy, making him decent in close combat. You can take phalanx warders as troops, any infantry unit can buy teleport arrays for a cost, units gain shrouded the turn they arrive via teleport array, plus enemy units with LoS and within 12" of the teleporting unit must take a blind test at the of the phase. Pretty good.

Ultramarines have a ROW where they must take a Cult/Milita allied detachment with gene-crafted and warrior discipline provenances. All infantry units in the allied detachment gain infiltrator and implacable advance. Recon marines lose 'support squad' rule. Seems decent if you build your allied detachment around the infiltration.

Germ
May 7, 2013

forkis posted:

Supposedly! This is the bit of text I've seen posted around elsewhere about it.

Interesting. Sounds like a cool mixed force. Since there are no new units for most of the Legions, I'm guessing we haven't seen any Raptor-sign yet? I'd love some loyalist mutants.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

In light of the recent new rules, how would you guys recommend running a Blood Angels Veteran Tactical squad?

I was thinking a couple of meltas and around 3-4 power weapons, maybe a power axe + melta bombs on the sergeant?

I'm not sure the Hand Flamer or Inferno Pistol are worth 15 points.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
30k Dark Angels - A Review by Safety Factor (age 11)
What I expected: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC75aU47GRk
What we got: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnRrPqgKBS0
Iron Warriors in comparison to these rules: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8XfV8aPAyQ

Thank you for your time.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

BULBASAUR posted:

Dorn lost unwieldy, making him decent in close combat. You can take phalanx warders as troops, any infantry unit can buy teleport arrays for a cost, units gain shrouded the turn they arrive via teleport array, plus enemy units with LoS and within 12" of the teleporting unit must take a blind test at the of the phase. Pretty good.

Ultramarines have a ROW where they must take a Cult/Milita allied detachment with gene-crafted and warrior discipline provenances. All infantry units in the allied detachment gain infiltrator and implacable advance. Recon marines lose 'support squad' rule. Seems decent if you build your allied detachment around the infiltration.

SoH changes other than Justaerin?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I dunno. Mango is our man once he wakes up. This was just day 1 and I expect more models and rules from the red books to get out in the wild tomorrow.

Endman posted:

In light of the recent new rules, how would you guys recommend running a Blood Angels Veteran Tactical squad?

I was thinking a couple of meltas and around 3-4 power weapons, maybe a power axe + melta bombs on the sergeant?

I'm not sure the Hand Flamer or Inferno Pistol are worth 15 points.

Assault cannon on the rhino, and either assault cannons, plasma, melta, or heavy bolter snipers on the squad. It depends on what you want them to do. The hand weapons are not worth it probably ever.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Assault cannon heavy support squad.

ALL OF THE ASSAULT CANNONS.

Tyrant siege terminators got switched to heavy support
:vomarine: :vomarine:
I knew there was something fishy with no negatives so far, it couldn't be a proper forgeworld release

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Feb 7, 2016

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

BULBASAUR posted:

Assault cannon on the rhino, and either assault cannons, plasma, melta, or heavy bolter snipers on the squad. It depends on what you want them to do. The hand weapons are not worth it probably ever.

Assault cannons sound pretty awesome. I'll have to get a pack of the handheld ones from FW. These are the ones I want, right? http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-IT/Legion-Rotor-Cannon-Set-2015

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Mango what does that whole line say for the BA Deathfire rule? It's got a blur in the middle of the text.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
It causes 2 wounds instead of 1 for each wound inflicted. Nasty.

Hencoe posted:

Apparently tyrant siege terminators got switched to heavy support
I knew there was something fishy with no negatives so far, it couldn't be a proper forgeworld release

Nah, that's cool. While we can't spam rockets anymore, the more I dig into this ROW the more I realize we have lots of ways to run a good fun list. I can't even wrap my head around all the choices right now.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Hencoe posted:

Apparently tyrant siege terminators got switched to heavy support

Yes I am glad because Heavy Support wasn't crowded enough for Iron Warriors.

Did Havocs become Elite Choices or something?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

BULBASAUR posted:

Nah, that's cool. While we can't spam rockets anymore, the more I dig into this ROW the more I realize we have lots of ways to run a good fun list. I can't even wrap my head around all the choices right now.

Don't you play Iron Hands?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Actually I play blood angles now.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Recoome posted:

Did Havocs become Elite Choices or something?

Couldnt tell you, I dont have the red book, it got posted on the internet.
I just dont see the point in the heavily contested HS slot anyways, krak missiles are just okay at AT and there are better marine killers in that slot anyways. or was this for some REALLY dumb reason like stopping alpha legion from stealing the if it even does that?

E: I'm salty but there is probably reasons for it, they wont be a mainstay in my listbuilding anymore i think. Depends on how much I miss them.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Feb 7, 2016

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

You are alright by me BULBASAUR.

I am pretty disappointed with the change for the Tyrant Siege Terminators to HS, although I guess it stops them from being the default replacement for regular Terminators (and overused in Golg-centered lists). I thought them being in the Elite slot was thematically appropriate but I guess they thought it was a major problem.

e:

Hencoe posted:

Couldnt tell you, I dont have the red book, it got posted on the internet.
I just dont see the point in the heavily contested HS slot anyways, krak missiles are just okay at AT and there are better marine killers in that slot anyways. or was this for some REALLY dumb reason like stopping alpha legion from stealing the if it even does that?

This is exactly my thinking, I think it sucks and it really fits in with the Iron Warriors mentality. I mean, we have a cool RoW now which is extremely thematic and on the other we lost a valuable pushing unit (Siege Terminators) which would've worked well with that particular RoW. I'm extremely salty about it because I had a neat list which doesn't actually work now that Tyrants are HS.

Recoome fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Feb 7, 2016

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Hencoe posted:

E: I'm salty but there is probably reasons for it, they wont be a mainstay in my listbuilding anymore i think. Depends on how much I miss them.

Brother

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Also I don't have a source, but I'm hearing that Emperor's Children have some rule changes. I haven't seen the source material so prob wrong.

That there's "Flawless Execution" which is +1 I on the charge unless making a disordered charge.

Sonic Shriekers now also cause -1 WS on base contact, but doesn't work if you are immune to fear.

Also Kakophoni's sonic blasters are Heavy 2 now.

If this is true, then Emperor's Children got really good

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
No brother so pure, no hatred so salty

Its a bummer, yeah. Just when things are looking up too. FW is a bit heavy handed when they nerf something that people use a lot. Poor old cybernetica is a good example. They went from being amazing to one of the worst admech lists... and they still keep nerfing them. Meanwhile ordinator now owns bones.

I would be pissed if that poo poo invalidated my army list and you totally should be. At least we got a solid ROW with a ton of options. There are so many options I can't even wrap my head around it yet. Most likely Tyrants lead by a Siege Breaker are going to be a big part of it the core.

e: Fingers crossed for changes to IW special equipment and core rules

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Feb 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

BULBASAUR posted:

I would be pissed if that poo poo invalidated my army list and you totally should be. At least we got a solid ROW with a ton of options. There are so many options I can't even wrap my head around it yet. Most likely Tyrants lead by a Siege Breaker are going to be a big part of it the core.

I mean at least we are complaining that there's too many choices