Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Barry Shitpeas posted:

LSV and Paul are going to get paired in the last round

I'm guessing Paul would concede, since only lsv would be a lock for top 8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

What is Magnus Lantto running exactly? I see Death's Shadow and Lightning Helix.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Saw SoI spoilers. Invasive Surgery is actually a legit eternal format sideboard card because it exiles the other copies even if it doesn't counter the original, besides being a strict upgrade over the already-sees-some-play Envelop.

OK that's my opinion.

How does it ever not counter the original but still resolve so that that the Delerium ability happens? The Delerium abulity doesn't happen unless Invasive Surgery resolves, it's not like it's a "when you cast this spell" triggered ability or something.

I guess it lets you surgically extra the other copies of an uncounterable spell as they're casting it?

lockdar
Jul 7, 2008

Rinkles posted:

I'm guessing Paul would concede, since only lsv would be a lock for top 8

They already played eachother so it can't happen...

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Ramos posted:

What is Magnus Lantto running exactly? I see Death's Shadow and Lightning Helix.

Suicide Zoo

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Entropic posted:

How does it ever not counter the original but still resolve so that that the Delerium ability happens? The Delerium abulity doesn't happen unless Invasive Surgery resolves, it's not like it's a "when you cast this spell" triggered ability or something.

Supreme Verdict comes to mind.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

lockdar posted:

They already played eachother so it can't happen...

That was in Limited

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ramos posted:

That's probably Suicide Zoo. It usually runs Bolt instead of Lightning Helix tho

lockdar
Jul 7, 2008

Barry Shitpeas posted:

That was in Limited

Ah, I thought that it counted for the entire modern tournament aswell. Sorry bout that!

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Twitch Chat Lethal has been called.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Count Bleck posted:

Supreme Verdict comes to mind.

Or Bosejui mana.

Well my point is it's a strict upgrade to Envelop which already sees play with some interesting implications.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Or Bosejui mana.

Well my point is it's a strict upgrade to Envelop which already sees play with some interesting implications.

It has implications but I honestly dislike the card - the last thing we need are more extirpate/surgical/etc effects at 1 mana.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Skyl3lazer posted:

It has implications but I honestly dislike the card - the last thing we need are more extirpate/surgical/etc effects at 1 mana.

Why? Those cards don't harm anything as it is.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

TheKingofSprings posted:

Why? Those cards don't harm anything as it is.

They're very swingy cards as is - you can completely disable a deck's ability to function because you happened to draw your sideboard card - and that effect is already why modern sucks as a format. If the 'solution' your deck has to another is "remove a card from being a play option" then you either A)Have it and win hands down or B) Don't have it and have no way to win

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
How many Modern decks rely on sorceries that hard, though? It's gonna be more of a Legacy thing, where Storm and Miracles exist and it can rip out Show and Tell.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

LSV drew into T8.

https://twitter.com/lsv/status/696101132553195520

Though he typed in wrong! 12-3-1!

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Pascal Maynard is a loving cheat.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Entropic posted:

I like what this set has done to Standard. It's actually managed to make me interested in Standard again before rotation.

I tried out the BWC tokens/planeswalkers deck at FNM tonight and it's super fun. Matter Reshaper being able to hit Silkwrap and Stasis Snare is cool and the games you win by going EOT Secure the Wastes into Gideon or Sorin are just the best.

Can you link the decklist please?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Apparently something is on fire at the Chicago scg so they just sent all of us outside. Combined with the 30 minutes hoogland was arguing with a judge this next round is never going to start. :ughh:

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Sickening posted:

Pascal Maynard is a loving cheat.

What happened?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Bugsy posted:

Apparently something is on fire at the Chicago scg so they just sent all of us outside. Combined with the 30 minutes hoogland was arguing with a judge this next round is never going to start. :ughh:

Hahaha Jeff Hoogland is awful

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

BJPaskoff posted:

What happened?

He hosed up his math during his turn and tried to get the judge to back the game up but untapped and lied to him about activating inkmoth

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

BJPaskoff posted:

What happened?

Side creatures sideways for attack step then untapped them to try his main phase over again. Equipped a creature and then pretended like he didn't. Just everything about his last match was scummy as gently caress.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
Whoever is making that clicking noise is driving me insane

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

It was kind of embarrassing (Pascal). Not sure what he was hoping to accomplish given an entire audience of 30k people saw him, and, if I'm not mistaken, there'd still be a game 3 if he lost.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Whoever is making that clicking noise is driving me insane

Better watch out or that one guy will come in here and call you autistic.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

Better watch out or that one guy will come in here and call you autistic.

Why do you care when people do annoying things?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Rinkles posted:

It was kind of embarrassing (Pascal). Not sure what he was hoping to accomplish given an entire audience of 30k people saw him, and, if I'm not mistaken, there'd still be a game 3 if he lost.
Yeah and he actually ended up winning that third game.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Rinkles posted:

So is he going to eat a ban for it?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Not sure how he could, he didn't even get a game loss.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Yeah and he actually ended up winning that third game.

Did he have a chance of winning that game even if he was allowed to undo?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Wait.. wizards made a magic candy crush game? What in the ever loving gently caress...

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

KidDynamite posted:

Can you link the decklist please?

I posted it in the Brewhaus thread.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744659&pagenumber=8#post455933521
I'm basically just tweaking a list that's been showing up around the edges of top8s the last few weeks. There's a version without the colorless stuff, but I think the Matter Reshaper version of the list is better.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Errant Gin Monks posted:

No he just looked like an rear end in a top hat asking a judge what he'd done so far. What he meant is "can I take back activating this Inkmoth" and the judge ruled nope.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
So the art on Structural Distortion and Fiery Temper are both Nahiri/Avacyn, right? She looks exactly the same in Structural Distortion as in the art for Fiery Temper sans wings.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Wait.. wizards made a magic candy crush game? What in the ever loving gently caress...

Puzzle Quest series has been doing this sort of thing with different franchises for a while now.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Skyl3lazer posted:

They're very swingy cards as is - you can completely disable a deck's ability to function because you happened to draw your sideboard card - and that effect is already why modern sucks as a format. If the 'solution' your deck has to another is "remove a card from being a play option" then you either A)Have it and win hands down or B) Don't have it and have no way to win

TL;DR: I don't want people Surgicaling my Life from the Loams.

Maybe don't play a deck that only functions if you have one specific card if you don't want to lose to extraction effects.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
They need to reprint Stop That in black border.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
If this PT was standard there is almost no way we'd see a breakout deck like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

jassi007 posted:

If this PT was standard there is almost no way Wed see a breakout deck like this.

I'm most curious how the PT would look with twin still in

• Locked thread