Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I mean unless they've changed it significantly since I was a kid, this lady has Sonic's personality all wrong. Like, he was mostly kind of a smug rear end in a top hat.

Edit: What an embarrassing snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

gleebster posted:

Not the Bundys. The convicted felons that these clueless anarchic shitheads declared they were acting in defense of. Don't recall the name. Don't feel motivated to look up the names of convicted felons.

eh gently caress 'em either way I can't imagine the other situation is any less bullshit

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

RareAcumen posted:

'c u c k' 'hell thread''i m gay' and 'tom b r a d y' are all the words I know that're filtered.

There's also another one, being the shorthand term for Xbox One.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

kirbysuperstar posted:

I call it that and didn't realize it was played out but then again I barely read any of the video game forums

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

kirbysuperstar posted:

Xbone?

Edit: lmao

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Xboner?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Aesop Poprock posted:

I call it that and didn't realize it was played out but then again I barely read any of the video game forums

Imagine a smash scrub, going to his first ever tournament, a small local, except for some reason he gets to team with Armada. The newbie + Armada end up winning the tournament, but of course he's not going to brag about it. He knows he's a noob, everyone in the venue knows he's not the one carrying. He simply received the benefit of Armada carrying him.

That's basically all Christianity is like.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:confused:

What is this metaphor implying? Christians are carried by God? Or is Christianity itself carried by... Something.

Also what an interesting choice to use smash bros in your theology metaphor.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's also really weak and dumb because what weiner gaming kid isn't going to brag to an extent about winning his first tournament regardless of how it happened?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

RareAcumen posted:

I was looking for the twitter and I thought this was a website of its best posts. It wasn't, as a heads up.

http://womenagainstfeminism.com/

'c u c k' 'hell thread''i m gay' and 'tom b r a d y' are all the words I know that're filtered.

Ohh, I saw some goons posting "im gay" a bunch and was hella confused. That explains it.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
What an odd choice of filter for tom

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I wish Tom Brady were filtered from life

Kiebland
Feb 22, 2012

I honestly kind of feel bad for this person, but at the same time, this is a really weird hill to die on.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kiebland posted:

I honestly kind of feel bad for this person, but at the same time, this is a really weird hill to die on.

Mitch Albom is really melting down here, huh?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Why is it that the most vocal racists have the most access to computers and are the most active on social media? My facebook feed has been flooded by morons and I take the time when I see them in real life to tell them what an idiot they sound like. Because apparently Canada is letting an ISIS army cross into our country without background checks or something.

Because they have a lack of friends who are willing to spend time with them. They fill the time that other people would spend talking to friends by posting their bile online where other lovely people will agree with them.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Her voice is even irritating. How can ANYONE in their right mind want this woman as POTUS? She lies, she makes poo poo up, she's a criminal...oh, and she allows her husband to cheat on her. What a role model.

i know lob's stick but the city council isn't responsible for the dumping the state senate and governor is

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

This thread has taught me "hill to die on" is the new "not my first rodeo" of dated phrases that suddenly showed up again.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

snergle posted:

i know lob's stick but the city council isn't responsible for the dumping the state senate and governor is

It fits the conservative angle of ignoring reality when it isn't in line with the fox narrative.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Kiebland posted:

When I think journalistic integrity and fact checking accurate reports, Daily Mail sure is the first thing to come to mind.

Niven
Apr 16, 2003
I got one! Public page, etc etc

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Niven posted:

I got one! Public page, etc etc

Kev M was funnier when he still went by as Ken M.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I love flat earthers. Even if they're just pretending to believe it, it gets people upset either way. Would have loved to read the full comments, though.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Just got this in my reply box.

Assange fanboys are weird.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS
Of course a woman has a right to insist on a condom. Then the guy has the right to say no condom. And then the woman has the right to say no sex then, goodbye dumbass.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Kiebland posted:

If you feel like touching the poop, this is a good read for him.

https://www.propublica.org/article/false-rape-accusations-an-unbelievable-story

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Met posted:

If you feel like touching the poop, this is a good read for him.

https://www.propublica.org/article/false-rape-accusations-an-unbelievable-story

Read that over in the PYF Unnerving Story thread. Seriously disturbing and riveting.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Trump will save us from the UN gun grabbers.

That is all, citizen.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
It gets worse.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

dude, embed those tweets. Lead us to the source.

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.
meta-question: What's the app/extension/whatever that ppl are using to highlight individual usernames likesuchas in

?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Switzerland posted:

meta-question: What's the app/extension/whatever that ppl are using to highlight individual usernames likesuchas in

?

Social Fixer

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Karma Monkey posted:

Of course a woman has a right to insist on a condom. Then the guy has the right to say no condom. And then the woman has the right to say no sex then, goodbye dumbass.

"Women don't have rights."

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Karma Monkey posted:

Female condoms exist. Checkmate!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

TinTower posted:

It gets worse.

if i the guy was the one who insisted to use the condom, i would be the... reverse hooker?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

The Saddest Rhino posted:

if i the guy was the one who insisted to use the condom, i would be the... reverse hooker?

You would show yourself to be a woman and all men would have an obligation to rape you

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

mng posted:

Female condoms exist. Checkmate!

haha No, see guys love condoms and they love women who have their sexual partners use condoms. See, this video clearly explains it. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM4N81hA36Q

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Karma Monkey posted:

haha No, see guys love condoms and they love women who have their sexual partners use condoms. See, this video clearly explains it. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM4N81hA36Q

Haha lol that is very representative! I'm so glad we're all chatty and on board about the condoms, haha.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

From the Lighter Side of IoSM:

Does anyone else's parents talk this way on social media? It's cute but very WTF.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

mng posted:

Haha lol that is very representative! I'm so glad we're all chatty and on board about the condoms, haha.

"They will think we are cool if we do carry the condom."

Because that's what guys are looking for in a one night stand - someone who is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i like talking to cool girls