Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Fyi I have no idea if I'm right or wrong I just want to gently caress with jivjov

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

jivjov is good.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

he has the purest heart in the thread

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The special edition is sold out in 99% of cases so if you like Awakening style with grinding and easier gameplay, get Birthright. If you want it without grinding and more linear and difficult style, get Conquest. If you can't make your mind up, choose your favourite anime character on the box I suppose.

Once you've finished one, buy the other as DLC when prompted and you will be able to get the third campaign in early March. The purchase new path/DLC is an option on the main menu too unless you own all three paths, which removes it.

You also get another 3 save slots per path owned, up to a total of 9.

I'm actually really curious why the revelations DLC is not out until March, yet if you buy the ( extremely limited it seems? ) special edition then you have it immediately. Why not just have it up? Why bother with a delay?

I would love to grab the special edition, but I would get it for retail only. I'm fine with just having the game digitally instead if the physical cart isn't made more widely available.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I'm actually really curious why the revelations DLC is not out until March, yet if you buy the ( extremely limited it seems? ) special edition then you have it immediately. Why not just have it up? Why bother with a delay?

I would love to grab the special edition, but I would get it for retail only. I'm fine with just having the game digitally instead if the physical cart isn't made more widely available.

I don't think you get Revelations immediately with the special edition. You just get a free download as part of the purchase price

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Because it drives people insane and they post about it a bunch and it creates buzz

E; or jivjov might be right, he is jivjov

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I like that the Nintendo account system echoes their naming sensibilities in terms of quality.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

jivjov posted:

I don't think you get Revelations immediately with the special edition. You just get a free download as part of the purchase price

I can't see it now, but I'm certain the official site says/said Revelation is available day one with the SE.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I can't see it now, but I'm certain the official site says/said Revelation is available day one with the SE.

I'm pretty sure it also literally says "on the same cartridge" so I'd assume you don't have to download anything aside from maybe an unlock code.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Polygon and Gamexplain have been streaming the SE and they have have Revelation (it's revelation, not revelations).

And I assume it's to encourage you to play through both Birthright and Conquest first.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Revelation is on the SE cart. No download required. The Nintendo Minute video even said when you get to the choicen, it gives you three options. Choose Nohr, Choose Hoshido, or Choose Neither.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Help Im Alive posted:

he has the purest heart in the thread

Big Lots! Has made him wise, and for that I thank them

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Louisgod posted:

Big Lots! Has made him wise, and for that I thank them

What does this even mean?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Terper posted:

Polygon and Gamexplain have been streaming the SE and they have have Revelation (it's revelation, not revelations).

And I assume it's to encourage you to play through both Birthright and Conquest first.

Ah, so like the bible.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
ISn't that where you work?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
games are tied to your nnid, your nnid is tied to your system. i think there's a fancy word for this type of relationship

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Junpei Hyde posted:

I'm pretty sure it also literally says "on the same cartridge" so I'd assume you don't have to download anything aside from maybe an unlock code.

Apparently all the cartridges contain the majority of all 3 campaigns (the two unlocks require 100 MBish downloads,) but the SE apparently has all 3 unlocked from the start.

In Japan even the SE had a 3 week delay with a download code.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Louisgod posted:

ISn't that where you work?

No?

Looper posted:

games are tied to your nnid, your nnid is tied to your system. i think there's a fancy word for this type of relationship

An NNID can be freely transferred from system to system both by users and by Nintendo.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i didn't say anything to the contrary cut it out right now!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I think it's pretty fair to say the NNID is tied to the system considering you can only sign onto one device at a time and migrating the NNID requires either the device in question or manual intervention by customer service.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

I think it's pretty fair to say the NNID is tied to the system considering you can only sign onto one device at a time and migrating the NNID requires either the device in question or manual intervention by customer service.

look man Jivjov is technically correct and if i've learned anything from fishmech that is the best kind of correct to be

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

mandatory lesbian posted:

look man Jivjov is technically correct and if i've learned anything from fishmech that is the best kind of correct to be

You're gonna spook the fish, man.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Looper posted:

I go with one of the following:
poo poo.
Wank.
Balls.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Looper posted:

homosexual

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Counterpoint: homosexuals are cool and good, nintendo's account system is mediocre at best.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

jivjov posted:

you just cant stop being wrong about facts huh

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Right, tried The Legend of Legacy demo, came back as... intrigued? It's not deep or epic story-wise, but what I've seen so far I'm willing to give this a try sometime in the near future.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

My gamestop is out of new codes. If anyone gets extra codes I'd love some help. Thanks.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

rip monster hunter had to delete u to make room for anime babe wars

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Digital purchases are inconvenient to transfer and not as flexible as they should be but they also aren't permanently tied to systems so if you lose/break your console or just buy a new one you get to keep your games. So when someone says they're hesitant to buy digital because games are tied to their systems, depending on what their specific concern is it may or may not be addressed already.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Carlosologist posted:

re: Fates chat; Best Buy was doing a deal where you could get one game physical and the other digital. If I recall correctly, buying that bundle also netted you five dollars off either the DLC or Revelation. So if there's a Best Buy near you I recommend doing that

It's $5 off of Revelations, and the GCU discount only applies to the cartridge portion of the bundle purchase, but still, that's a total of $13 off before tax. I don't know if they tax digital downloads.

Edit: my bad, I misread. It is indeed $5 off Revelations and a DLC map pack, and the little bump says "save up to $10" so I guess it's $5 off each of you were to buy both.

enojy fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 7, 2016

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
what happens if I get a second hand copy of FE

can I buy cheap dlc? is the dlc buying tied to the cart

I've read that Nintendo often ties digital purchases to a physical product

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

hadji murad posted:

what happens if I get a second hand copy of FE

can I buy cheap dlc? is the dlc buying tied to the cart

I've read that Nintendo often ties digital purchases to a physical product

How I understand FE Fates you would be able to buy the discounted DLC but if you don't have a physical cart you won't be able to play it. It should work with any copy you buy physically but I doubt that the two different versions would share the DLC.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Super No Vacancy posted:

rip monster hunter had to delete u to make room for anime babe wars

This is extremely hosed up.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I didn't see this mentioned anywhere: XSEED announced a release date for Return to Popolocrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale in NA, it'll be out on March 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFJaLPS1dgQ

It's getting a digital-only release in PAL-land; the eShop shows a February 16 release date.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

A new Popolocrois game is crazy to me. Loved the PSP game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What is that, a trailer for ants?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

This is extremely hosed up.

10,000 blocks per hour played is simply untenable

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Sakurazuka posted:

What is that, a trailer for ants?

The alternative is going full-screen and having every other person talk about how horrible the graphics are at that size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Chinook posted:

Of course you can. The same folks who are angry that NoA removed groping from their tactical RPG.
Wrong, they removed groping from my groping game, and left in the superfluous tactical rpg.