Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Enjoy your mean looking ebike! I never noticed how CF'd out they were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
I really want to take a ride on an electric bike.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Squirrel Burger posted:

here he is. my beautiful slutty baby. my wonderful boogie boy. I love him so much

I want to hang out and touch your motorthingy.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
The new toy.

2006 GSX-R 1000, 9k miles.

Got her from a co-worker who never rode, so she cut me an incredible deal that I'd be an idiot to pass up.

It's got a tiny dent in the gas tank, and ugly stickers that are coming off ASAP, but other than that, is in perfect shape.

All in all, I'm ecstatic.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I like the idea of multiple helmet decals marking how many helmets you have ruined. Kind of like the old bomber check marks, but for how much you suck at riding.

Congrats on the gicksuh. That color is so striking. Absolutely perfect for the body style. Very fighter plane esque. Everyone just normally goes for the bluewhitered scheme.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Gixxers get a bad rap and they are also suzukis but they are the coolest looking jap sport bike by far imo

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Nice bike!! Love the color.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Razzled posted:

Gixxers get a bad rap and they are also suzukis but they are the coolest looking jap sport bike by far imo

Gsxr's are great bikes in general. Also the lol Suzuki thing is the dumbest meme.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

I've been spotted :siren:

Horn of Arby's
May 30, 2004
what? no catfood?

"If I add water, will it grow into a real motorcycle?"

My roommate is SO FUNNY.

But I love it!

Horn of Arby's fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jan 25, 2016

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me
If you add a tag will the picture get smaller? yes it will.

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

nobody likes a rotten pumbo

Horn of Arby's posted:

"If I add water, will it grow into a real motorcycle?"

My roommate is SO FUNNY.

But I love it!

Slap some lizard lights on that fucker and let's start a cyberpunk biker gang

The_Raven
Jul 2, 2004

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved?
If it's too cold, you're too old!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Not too cold, but it IS too salty

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Got a new bike, after 5 years without riding it feels good to be back in the seat. Just for making cafe runs/day trips on the weekends.

2003 Monster 620ie Dark. 31 thousand KMs on it, I bought it off a guy who was using it for a short commute every day. I had to replace the mirrors, as the bar end ones pictured were both useless and illegal, luckily the guy gave me original monster mirrors with the sale. I also have to fix the rear brake lever as it's bent from when the guy dropped it once. $3800 Australian.

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not

abigserve posted:

$3800 Australian.

That's a steal for ANY running bike in Australia. What gives?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

prukinski posted:

That's a steal

There's your answer. I'm totally not bitter and jealous.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

That's barely even half price for that bike in AUD, does it need engine work or something?

e: Huh, after checking bikesales, that's actually not too far off the mark for one of those. Way cheaper than I thought. Interesting.

Shimrod fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jan 28, 2016

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

There were two others for sale in my state, one from a dealer at 4999 and one from a private seller at 4500. He originally had this one up at 5k but has been lowering it, when I made the offer he had it at 4 on bikesales after a couple of months up. History report returned it as clean, not stolen/no money owed/never written off and I couldn't find anything wrong with it. His wife was pressuring him to get a new car so I guess he just wanted it sold?

The guy seemed genuine (they all do, but moreso than usual), but I guess I'll know for sure if it detonates in the next thousand ks!

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Some nice weather weekends here in northern Arizona!

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Virgil Vox posted:

Some nice weather weekends here in northern Arizona!

Nice. Very clean... Now just get a tidy tail and you're set.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Went from a yellow and black DRZ to a much faster yellow and black f4i.

2002, 11k miles, a few scratches and need to replace the mirrors with OEM ones but other than that its pretty fun! I was able to wring it out a bit on the interstate and :drat:.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Still one of my favorite looking Hondas ever and I'll never find one that low mileage or unmolested. Well done.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
That's a beautiful bike.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

FAT CURES MUSCLES posted:

2002, 11k miles, a few scratches and need to replace the mirrors with OEM ones but other than that its pretty fun! I was able to wring it out a bit on the interstate and :drat:.

Yellow bike club represent! On the right afternoon with the right mindset, you can slot in there with the yellow road markings and become one with the pavement :shroom:

Good looking F4i; a coworker had one awhile back and I still kind of wish I had bought it from him.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

FAT CURES MUSCLES posted:

That colour is amazing dude nice one.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The f4i was peak Honda. Gorgeous bike that I feel still looks good put up against today's bikes

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The f4i was peak Honda. Gorgeous bike that I feel still looks good put up against today's bikes

:agreed:

I'd seriously consider giving up my superhawk for one of those.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Thanks guys! Saw it on Craigslist the other night and knew I had to have it. Went and saw it in person and fell in love.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Babies first motor bike!

Used and hopefully not too abused Ninja 300 ABS.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

dema posted:

Babies first motor bike!
Used and hopefully not too abused Ninja 300 ABS.

Congratulations on the first bike!! It's a cutie. Don't be too sad when you drop it, it's a rite of passage. Also madprops for not being a squid -- wear that gear even if it's hot!

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Nice looking ninja. White Bieks Best Bieks. Nice gear, too.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
ABS was a good choice.

e: not in a snarky "you're a bad rider" way, just literally it is a good thing to have on a motorcycle

UnkleBoB
Jul 24, 2000

Beginner's Version, Copyright,
1991 - Please Copy and Distribute
It's a nice windy day, so I took the CT90 out for a ride.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

That red rim tape accents the white and black perfectly.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
The stock/oem panniers for the Ninja 300 are only 20 litres; would it gently caress it up to put bigger cases on it, if they even fit on the rack? Or would it just limit performance a bit more?

Cause I'd love a 300 as my next bike but 20 litres is as good as nothing for luggage.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
The theoretical volume doesn't matter -- it's the weight you put in them. Appropriate weight depends on how they're mounted and where. If the panniers are mounted onto a strong frame point and you can keep the weight forwards, I don't think there'd be a big problem going larger.

Better to get a top case though.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
You'll introduce a little drag, but there's only one way to find out if it's too much for you.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Sagebrush posted:

Better to get a top case though.

In the scenario where I'm wanting a large pair of panniers, I'd already have a topbox and it would already be full.

Firmly strapping a mid sized suitcase to the pillion seat would honestly be step one for short trips (in addition to a topbox, which honestly I'll probably have permanently attached to every bike I'll ever own), sticking it in a bin bag or something to beat the weather, but for longer holidays or motocamping there's a lot of crap I can think of that I'd prefer to have in a locked hardcase rather than shoved in a cargo net.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Everywhere I've traveled, western US, theft from under the cargo net has never been a thing. I do only strap worthless stuff to the seat as a precaution but the only place I've had stuff stolen was out of the hotel room.