Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

watching videos of unravel and its basically a prettier limbo with a cool gimmick. are the graphics and cute character the only basis for the hype?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadooooken
Sep 6, 2004

SpacePig posted:

Did Tales of Symphonia Chronicles turn out alright? I've been reading that the PC port has some serious problems, and I want to makes sure they're not present in the PS3 version before I buy it. I know it's 5 bucks, but still.

Well, there are also issues with the map being kind of annoying to use because of how they did the widescreen (chopped off the top and bottom), but it's otherwise fine. It's also got worse colors and poorer celshading than the GC version but that's true for the PC port as well.

That said, it's perfectly playable and doesn't have any massive game-ruining problems.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, I didn't realize Fire Watch was so soon. This month us packed.

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

Yeah, too much goddamn stuff coming out these last couple of weeks. I'd resolved not to buy anything else after The Witness but I've been looking forward to Firewatch since Campo Santo was formed, no way is it not a day one purchase for me. Do we know how much it's gonna cost? wanna find out exactly how lovely my food budget is for the rest of february

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Faux Mulder posted:

Yeah, too much goddamn stuff coming out these last couple of weeks. I'd resolved not to buy anything else after The Witness but I've been looking forward to Firewatch since Campo Santo was formed, no way is it not a day one purchase for me. Do we know how much it's gonna cost? wanna find out exactly how lovely my food budget is for the rest of february

i'd guess 30 based on production quality. soma launched at 30 iirc too

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

watching videos of unravel and its basically a prettier limbo with a cool gimmick. are the graphics and cute character the only basis for the hype?

Partially those things. But mostly because the guy revealing the game at E3 last year was so adorable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZvXNXc6ibw

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Faux Mulder posted:

It's $20 on PC so I'd bet it'll be the same on ps4.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Real hurthling! posted:

No, there is also very strong guilt factor because the Sony put the developer on stage to talk about the game and just emotionally crumbled at explaining the game to an audience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_IY3pcB3rQ

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i dont think i even want to watch that

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Awesome! posted:

laughing at another person's suffering as they reveal something incredibly personal is pretty much a requirement of these forums, so try to go along with it

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate
Firewatch looks cool, but I'll wait for the inevitable sale discount to play it.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Sinners Sandwich posted:

No, there is also very strong guilt factor because the Sony put the developer on stage to talk about the game and just emotionally crumbled at explaining the game to an audience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_IY3pcB3rQ

What this video leaves out is that right after, Danger Zone from Top Gun started playing as a guy dressed as a Plants VS Zombie character came out and dragged him offstage.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ignis posted:

Wait, Arslan Musou got licensed?! :wtf:

That seems hella obscure

T-K seem to have the same approach to localising games for the west as they do making Musou games in Japan: do it enough and you're bound to make money somewhere.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

T-K seem to have the same approach to localising games for the west as they do making Musou games in Japan: do it enough and you're bound to make money somewhere.

I'm 100% okay with this approach and hope they continue localising all Musou games going forward, tbh. I'll probably grab it on PC for reasonably cheap, it looks pretty.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I dunno I thought it was cute how excited he was :shobon:

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
When you consider E3's cringeworthy past, the Unravel reveal hardly registers. Guy just seems excited.

Go watch Jamie Kennedy at E3 for some real fun.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I dunno I thought it was cute how excited he was :shobon:

Same, I've got it preordered just because of that. Though I'm a bit worried since it's out next week and hardly anyone has mentioned it since then.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Awesome! posted:

He was just shakey hands nervous/excited, it's not like he had a breakdown on stage.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yechezkel posted:

Some of the new things coming out next week, announced on PS Blogcast

Huh, Breath of Fire III? I was checking the PSP section of the Vita store last night and it was already there. Given its age I doubt it's up for pre-order. :confused:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's been out in the EU store for years, it never came out in the US for whatever reason.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ahhh, right. Congrats America!

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

The Unravel reveal was basically just like the no man's sky reveal in that it was a super nervous indie dev who was excited to be on stage in front of the crowd for the first time. Only NMS is a concept with a scope that is probably too big for the game they are likely to release and unravel is a more personal project.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Justin_Brett posted:

What this video leaves out is that right after, Danger Zone from Top Gun started playing as a guy dressed as a Plants VS Zombie character came out and dragged him offstage.

I was feeling bad for him before but this makes it all better.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Trojan Kaiju posted:

The Unravel reveal was basically just like the no man's sky reveal in that it was a super nervous indie dev who was excited to be on stage in front of the crowd for the first time.
He starts talking about how games are powerful and should do more than just entertain, and reveals Yet Another Indie Platformer while talking about emotions and poo poo. Looking back at it he doesn't even eat it that badly but the Artsy Feelings Platformer is such a worn out thing (hello, Instant Game Collection) that the slightest weakness makes an easy target.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

An easy target for my wallet maybe.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

And my heart :blush:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I do have to admit that I feel kind of iffy about Unravel but at $20 it's kinda tempting, though I can't imagine it not being half that by summer at the latest.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

axleblaze posted:

I do have to admit that I feel kind of iffy about Unravel but at $20 it's kinda tempting, though I can't imagine it not being half that by summer at the latest.
At the risk of repeating myself, it screams eventual PS+ freebie

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate
Any indie that's good will see a PSN discount at some point in time.

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

Billy Elliot posted:

Any indie that's good will see a PSN discount at some point in time.

This is true and I'm sure Firewatch, Unravel and The Witness will be cheap as poo poo before this time next year if not PS+ free games, but I prefer to buy stuff I'm really interested in on launch. It supports the devs more, both directly and through demonstration of a market to publishers and investors.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Faux Mulder posted:

This is true and I'm sure Firewatch, Unravel and The Witness will be cheap as poo poo before this time next year if not PS+ free games, but I prefer to buy stuff I'm really interested in on launch. It supports the devs more, both directly and through demonstration of a market to publishers and investors.

Definitely. The FIFAs and the Assassin's Creeds are the ones you wait for a good sale on. Games that are obviously a labor of love are worth the extra cash (to me).

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Anyone purchase custom themes at all? I miss my NXE Braid one for the 360.

Narrowed it down to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpQVXpLCmuU

And:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpB1_qSMk7o

If there were an Unfinished Swan one with the title theme audio, I'd get that, but well... :sigh:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i use this one and it was (is?) free
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xIB51zRlio

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

The Toro theme is all you need.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
The Touhou theme is all you need.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cornlove

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Hell yes corn love forever.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Bought a PS4 last night, and this was literally the first thing I bought. I don't think I can ever go to a theme without smooth jazz now.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
I've been having issues trying to download and install Helldivers for PS3, and it's driving me nuts. The download keeps corrupting, but I'm not using my wireless and everything else (read: everything I've downloaded previously, last month) has been downloading just fine. I'm hoping it's some kind of PSN issue and will try again tomorrow... but man I was hoping to try that game out tonight :/

I even went through and restored file system through safe mode just in case it really was my PS3. But after 3 downloads and having a bandwidth cap, I don't want to infinitely keep trying it. Anyone else having issues? I noticed I was having issues staying signed in earlier today too.

It'd be weird if the ethernet port was dying or something, this is the kind of thing I'd be able to chalk up to bad wifi if I had been using it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Comic posted:

I've been having issues trying to download and install Helldivers for PS3, and it's driving me nuts. The download keeps corrupting, but I'm not using my wireless and everything else (read: everything I've downloaded previously, last month) has been downloading just fine. I'm hoping it's some kind of PSN issue and will try again tomorrow... but man I was hoping to try that game out tonight :/

I even went through and restored file system through safe mode just in case it really was my PS3. But after 3 downloads and having a bandwidth cap, I don't want to infinitely keep trying it. Anyone else having issues? I noticed I was having issues staying signed in earlier today too.

It'd be weird if the ethernet port was dying or something, this is the kind of thing I'd be able to chalk up to bad wifi if I had been using it.

Are you downloading in the background or leaving it on the download screen?

• Locked thread