Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Holy gently caress that last episode did not disappoint. I did not see the Mt Weather thing coming. The whole time I thought the "assassin" was hiding somewhere in that tall tower, ready to pounce but nop...

gently caress that Mt-Weather survivor.

Guys, I think this show has reach a point where it just cannot get any better. I don't see how they can. Please, someone reassure me that I'm wrong and this is not where this show will start going downhill. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

That tower is coming down before the end of the season. I'd bet on it.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Was the survivor like a thing in the previous seasons? I don't really remember.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

PriorMarcus posted:

The real question is, how many people will Clarke kill when she destroys it.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Boris Galerkin posted:

Was the survivor like a thing in the previous seasons? I don't really remember.

Yes. one of the Mt Weather guy had been inoculated and when everyone got killed, he ran out into the forest.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Dalael posted:

Yes. one of the Mt Weather guy had been inoculated and when everyone got killed, he ran out into the forest.

He even has a name: Carl Emerson. He's the guy the Arkers captured, the one Clarke sent home after loving up his oxygen supply.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Spergatory posted:

He even has a name: Carl Emerson. He's the guy the Arkers captured, the one Clarke sent home after loving up his oxygen supply.

That was a badass, if ill conceived move from her.

"Oh it takes you 6 hours to get there?" Empties the tank. "Now you have to do it in two!"

Guy runs like hell, using up even more oxygen than he normally would. That guy would have died before getting there. Probably one of the minor things the show didn't do right... Still was bad rear end of her tho.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Dalael posted:

That was a badass, if ill conceived move from her.

"Oh it takes you 6 hours to get there?" Empties the tank. "Now you have to do it in two!"

Guy runs like hell, using up even more oxygen than he normally would. That guy would have died before getting there. Probably one of the minor things the show didn't do right... Still was bad rear end of her tho.

She gave him 4 hours if I recall correctly, a not completely unreasonable time for him to get back in. But agreed that him flailing about running like a moron was a bad decision.

But yeah I totally knew he was making a comeback since he just disappeared completely. Fuckin' ice nation...

Also, did anybody think there was somethin' with Indra/Kane's look when they greeted eachother at Polis? They were super chummy yeah, but has anybody thought of Kandra yet?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Just watched the episode- Mt Weather!!! :supaburn:

I thought they'd manage to get the codes in time, tbh, right until it cut back and Bellamy's girlfriend was dead already.

36 people minus Pike and engineer guy plus Gina or whatever her name was = 35 dead? Hard to say for sure, but they'll probably give us a hard count in the next episode when everyone is mourning/yelling about this.

Prince Roan's face when Lexa called for his arrest - I'm already your captive! I guess he had some free reign in the building before, though. And :drat: Clarke looked like a badass warrior queen there at the ceremony. She and Lexa have a lot of chemistry.

If they have Chancellor elections I predict Pike is elected. Farm Krew gonna poison grounder relations more than they are already. But then, Ice Nation is awful!

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

The season is going to end when the AI/JaHa Nukes that entire city.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I think Anya had blonde hair. Probably it's just that everybody's hair is really dirty so it's hard to see.
hm, I guess so, but she died, as did the Nazi lady that had Kane whip Abby. The Trading Post woman survived

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I'm glad to see that Larke is still a thing. Those ladies got some chemistry.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

WarLocke posted:

I'm glad to see that Larke is still a thing. Those ladies got some chemistry.

It's Clexa :frogout:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

hollylolly posted:

It's Clexa :frogout:

I ship Larke and Japhy :colbert:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Not in here you don't.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I ship the Ark and Mount Weather, as you can imagine I'm not too happy about recent events.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Continuing my re-watch between episodes and I appreciate that the Ice Nation are mentioned in season two. Their queen is the one who captured Lexa's old lover and killed her, making Lexa the stone cold strategist she is today. I wouldn't be surprised though if the old lover is still alive and a captive, as bait for a triangle/betrayal.

Also, when Tondc is bombed the Ice Nation representative is the same one from this most recent episode.

The only thing I don't like about Lexa is she's been all tell and no show. The show gives a few too many of the badass moments in their interactions to Clarke, so she comes across kind of whimpy. For example, when running from the mutant gorilla, it's Lexa who lands badly and then whines about it.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Kicking the ice nation rep off the tower was pretty badass (excellent use of the tower imo) but yeah, I agree about Lexa generally.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

PriorMarcus posted:

Continuing my re-watch between episodes and I appreciate that the Ice Nation are mentioned in season two. Their queen is the one who captured Lexa's old lover and killed her, making Lexa the stone cold strategist she is today. I wouldn't be surprised though if the old lover is still alive and a captive, as bait for a triangle/betrayal.

Also, when Tondc is bombed the Ice Nation representative is the same one from this most recent episode.

The only thing I don't like about Lexa is she's been all tell and no show. The show gives a few too many of the badass moments in their interactions to Clarke, so she comes across kind of whimpy. For example, when running from the mutant gorilla, it's Lexa who lands badly and then whines about it.

I think the fight against the kid shows what kind of fighter she truly is. Training him my rear end. :jerkbag:
He was probably the last guy she was still able to beat. :yarg:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
It's not like you have to be the best fighter (probably Prince Roan) or the most devious strategist (probably Queen Nia) to be Commander. It's some reincarnation bullshit. Maybe the Ice Nation has the right idea.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

There's just not enough love for Pike in this thread. Pike is gonna kill so many grounders. Pike for Chancellor!

Clarke was just a pretender to the skull throne.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lycus posted:

It's not like you have to be the best fighter (probably Prince Roan) or the most devious strategist (probably Queen Nia) to be Commander. It's some reincarnation bullshit. Maybe the Ice Nation has the right idea.

It is going to turn out Ice Nation was right and Lexa really is a poo poo commander.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

wait there was no murphy or jaha at all was there?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

jfood posted:

There's just not enough love for Pike in this thread. Pike is gonna kill so many grounders. Pike for Chancellor!

Clarke was just a pretender to the skull throne.

Pike is a 200lb spanner.

He was a prick in Stargate too.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Rurea posted:

wait there was no murphy or jaha at all was there?

Not this episode.

Actually I'm kind of glad about that. Frankly, the Jaha and Sheriff Jo AI in a red dress stuff was getting a bit too BSG for me.

Don't get me wrong, I like the first 2 and half seasons of BSG, when most of the stories were about people dealing with some horrible apocalyptic stuff that went down, and everybody was just kind of broken from that.

Right now, I'm glad we've got interesting post-apocalyptic sci-fi world to explore without all the pointless questions like "What's in the Hatch?" and "Who are who are the Final Five Cylons?" Because let's face it, the answer to those questions are never satisfactory, we're really more interested in the characters. So spending more time on character development and world building is a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Octavia is hilarious.

She spent like a week and a half with Indra and now she's always talking about the Ark people as 'them' and how she doesn't belong.

It's the old college spring break coming back with an accent joke. I'd almost think it was intentional, but it seems to be played straight.

zoux posted:

Usually people wrongly apply the term "fridging" broadly to the death of any female character but that was pretty much the textbook definition of it.

Of course, if you didn't know she was dead meat the second she appeared on screen you've never seen a CW show. Teen idol heartthrob male leads don't get into actual relationships off screen. At least she had kind of a badass death.

Technically not, because it won't serve to motivate Bellamy since he wanted to murderize everyone already.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
She never wanted to be an Arker, she never was one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Octavia lived under the loving floorboards. She was hosed up from the beginning and took to the ground better than most of the Arkers. Of course she found the Grounders to be kindred spirits, the Arkers hated her and she hated most of them.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

zoux posted:

Usually people wrongly apply the term "fridging" broadly to the death of any female character but that was pretty much the textbook definition of it.

Of course, if you didn't know she was dead meat the second she appeared on screen you've never seen a CW show. Teen idol heartthrob male leads don't get into actual relationships off screen. At least she had kind of a badass death.

I watch too many CW shows, but as far as I know, Supernatural is the only CW show that has a bad habit of killing off all the women. And that's how the female fans of Supernatural like it. (Seriously, Supernatural has some batshit crazy fans that hate any women intruding on their fantasies. )

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Octavia lived under the loving floorboards. She was hosed up from the beginning and took to the ground better than most of the Arkers. Of course she found the Grounders to be kindred spirits, the Arkers hated her and she hated most of them.

But she doesn't actually follow any of their beliefs or culture or anything. She can't really, because it's all so tied in to growing up on the ground. She likes the way they dress and fight.

It should be a plot point, culture appropriation in a world with only 2 cultures.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

But she doesn't actually follow any of their beliefs or culture or anything. She can't really, because it's all so tied in to growing up on the ground. She likes the way they dress and fight.

It should be a plot point, culture appropriation in a world with only 2 cultures.

she's the worf of the show

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

etalian posted:

she's the worf of the show

Don't tell the writers that, or she'll start getting clowned on left and right to show how powerful the bad guys are.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Error 404 posted:

Don't tell the writers that, or she'll start getting clowned on left and right to show how powerful the bad guys are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LnwLn9vnKo
VS

I don't think that's happening.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

The show is young. We didn't hit peak 'Worf is a punk' til season 4 or 5 of TNG.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Clark is going to triple her body count this season.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Lycus posted:

I think there's an interesting side to Lexa's character there - she's an awful fighter who was chosen as Commander for some hokey reason, and has been doing her best to be forward thinking and make real progress but is insecure about her physical strength. Would even add a more personal shade to why she fled the Mt. Weather battle.

In that way, the trader girl Clarke slept with this season would've been Lexa is not for the luck, bad or good, of being chosen as the Commander.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

Octavia is hilarious.

She spent like a week and a half with Indra and now she's always talking about the Ark people as 'them' and how she doesn't belong.

It's the old college spring break coming back with an accent joke. I'd almost think it was intentional, but it seems to be played straight.

ya it feels oddly racist too. she stops liking lincoln because he's giving up his grounder ways to live with "them"

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

ya it feels oddly racist too. she stops liking lincoln because he's giving up his grounder ways to live with "them"

These are people who would have executed her for being born and executed her mother for her being born. It's been only like half a year in the show - she's known Lincoln about as long as she's known everyone except Bellamy. I don't blame her :shrug:

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yeah, Octavia spent the first 16 years of her life knowing only two people and o e of them was executed. Then she spent a year or two in the Skybox barely interacting with anyone until she was dropped to the ground to die. Now the people who killed her mother and whose rules forced her to live under the floor and go to jail are in charge.

Meanwhile a culture that values a person based on strength and character is very appealing to her. Indra, in her own way, has shown more faith and affection for Octavia than anyone other than Bellamy and her mother. And even her mother didn't seem that loving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I'm trying to wrap my head around the politics of this show and the more I think about it the more it doesn't make sense.

So Lexa is the leader of a coalition of 12 clans, like the tree crew and the others I don't remember the names of. It's more like a kingdom than a coalition but okay whatever.

Question: is Ice Nation a part of this coalition? I know they had a delegation in Polis at the summit but it could have just been out of diplomatic necessity not because they were a part of the coalition.

So if Ice Nation is a part of the coalition, why is their leader's son a prisoner? Isn't the whole point of a coalition to work together and taking another leader's son as prisoner kinda stains the whole thing. From the conversations we hear that Charles Vane is "banished." Okay, so again, if Ice Nation was a part of the coalition then yeah banishing a clan leader's son is a p Big Deal.

But if they're not a part of the coalition, then why the hell would it matter if Vane was banished or not? Like for example Snowden is officially considered a criminal here in the US but Russia is another country so they're just like whatever man. We saw that Vane had the freedom to just leave his prison and go do his Clark thing anyway, so I don't understand why he didn't just run for it and go home. His banishment means nothing if Ice Nation isn't a part of the coalition and his banishment makes no sense if they are a part of the coalition.

Like I get the idea that Ice Nation is another clan of people and apparently they enough people and power so that it was in 12 other clan's best interests to unite as a single front. If Ice Nation was so powerful then yeah why did Captain Vane willingly go back to Polis after being allowed to leave. I mean yeah there was the threat of war I guess?

• Locked thread