Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Rubiks Pubes is an outstanding person and he sent me an awesome WoN Metroid figure that I've long sought after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

Agrias120 posted:

Rubiks Pubes is an outstanding person and he sent me an awesome WoN Metroid figure that I've long sought after.

Thanks for being understanding about my inability to accurately estimate shipping costs! Glad you are enjoying it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Lego figures for the new Ghostbusters film just got unveiled.
They show what may be THE bad guy, or just A bad guy, and what's probably a slight spoiler for Chris Hemsworth's character, so you might wanna wait for the trailer.
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2016/02/new-ghostbusters-bust-bricks-in-films-first-lego-set/

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Joe Fisto posted:

Guys, I might be done collecting. I don't think it can get better than this.

Only problem is the lack of fists and that human head as already said. Evidently you can take the webbing off the Pizza Spidey fists and they are a good fit with minimal modding.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Lego figures for the new Ghostbusters film just got unveiled.
They show what may be THE bad guy, or just A bad guy, and what's probably a slight spoiler for Chris Hemsworth's character, so you might wanna wait for the trailer.
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2016/02/new-ghostbusters-bust-bricks-in-films-first-lego-set/

I'd hate this a whole lot less if Melissa McCarthy wasn't involved.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I liked her in Spy a lot more than I thought I would. Before seeing any footage, I don't have many reservations at all.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I'd hate this a whole lot less if Melissa McCarthy wasn't involved.

She's significantly better than the other 3 terrible actresses.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

She's significantly better than the other 3 terrible actresses.

I just hate her. She's the opposite of funny.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

I don't know man, her bit for the opening of SNL was golden. Essentially the entire bit is that during rehearsal she didn't practice the opening dance with her high heels on. I thought it was some of the best fat person physical comedy on the show since Chris Farley.

I'm keeping my hopes up. The writer is the same guy that did Yahoo's Outer Space and I thought was pretty good for having what looks like no budget. Plus maybe I just want some new Ghostbuster toys!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
After the issues I had with getting Taskmaster last week, I was lucky that our store had another shipment of him today, so I managed to get him!

They also got the new Nintendo figures in, so I got Waluigi too!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Jesus, new Taskmaster makes old Taskmaster look like a goddamn Happy Meal toy.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rhyno posted:

She's good and great in Spy.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

It's pretty amazing how the WoN Metroid balances perfectly on top of a monitor or TV. I swear they planned it this way. :shobon:

Now just to find Spider-Gwen and Venom, then call it a rest for a little bit.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I watched Spy and it was incredibly unfunny. The only thing I laughed at was 50 Cent.

I'm with Rhyno on this one.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

50 Cent and that lady obsessed with him were absolutely the worst part of Spy.
Luckily, neither of them seem to have a large if any part in Ghostbusters.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

50 Cent owns.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Wonfes is happening

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
My buddy just gave me an old toy biz Beta Ray Bill he found at a goodwill, which is awesome because he's been on my top ten wants list for a while. The downside is that he is missing his hammer, and I really don't want to buy a Thor or something just to get one. Has anyone ever seen a 6"-scale 3D-printable mjolnir? I have access to a 3D printer at least...

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I am so excited about this new Marvel Select Captain America coming soon. It combines the aesthetics of a modern Cap costume with his Ultimates look (hated the characterization, liked the costume) and general styles from the movies.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/exclusive-avengers-figures-bring-the-battle-to-marvel-shop-and-disney-stores/

Marvel Select is also coming out with the best Spider-Man I've ever seen:

http://news.toyark.com/2016/01/12/marvel-shop-disney-store-exclusive-marvel-select-spectacular-spider-man-187474

I've replaced my Caps and Spideys a handful of times since 1984 (when I was six years old and the Secret Wars versions came out), most recently about two years ago, for the Hasbro Marvel NOW! Cap and Amazing Spider-Man 2 Spidey, but it's time to upgrade again for these. I can't get over how nice these two look, and they will go great with modern Hawkeye, my only Marvel Select figure.

Now I wish Marvel Select would make a Netflix Daredevil (and hopefully Luke Cage and Iron Fist too), and my favorite Iron Man, the movie Mark I armor.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Why cookie Rocket posted:

My buddy just gave me an old toy biz Beta Ray Bill he found at a goodwill, which is awesome because he's been on my top ten wants list for a while. The downside is that he is missing his hammer, and I really don't want to buy a Thor or something just to get one. Has anyone ever seen a 6"-scale 3D-printable mjolnir? I have access to a 3D printer at least...

I got a extra mjolnir from the old Toy Biz Thor that I don't care about keeping. Is there a easy way for me to mail it to you, like using a packing envelope? Probably just need a dollar or two to cover shipping.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Rirse posted:

I got a extra mjolnir from the old Toy Biz Thor that I don't care about keeping. Is there a easy way for me to mail it to you, like using a packing envelope? Probably just need a dollar or two to cover shipping.

That'd be super cool of you! A simple padded envelope would do the trick and I'd be happy to reimburse.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

Wonfes is happening

WANT. WANT WANT WANT.

I went to ToysRus on my lunch break and it looks like an employee was told they could open the new Marvel Select box and take out Taskmaster but he had to find someplace to jam the rest and thats what he did. The rest of the set was just dumped on a shelf. I caved and bought mine, sans the BAF piece, from some ebay scalper.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Blackchamber posted:

WANT. WANT WANT WANT.

They've gotta include a swapable "serious" head, and I wanna see that.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Oh please let these go into full production, I need them.

https://twitter.com/fukeyuta/status/696087741717565441

:flashfap:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

boom boom boom posted:

Wonfes is happening

Is this SH Figuarts or Figma? I prefer Figuarts, but I'll take it either way.

He needs a grocery bag w/leek as his action accessory.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Holy poo poo, I need those MGS figures.

Reinanigans posted:

Is this SH Figuarts or Figma? I prefer Figuarts, but I'll take it either way.

He needs a grocery bag w/leek as his action accessory.

The stand says Figma, so I'd guess it's a Figma.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Agrias120 posted:

Holy poo poo, I need those MGS figures.

The stand says Figma, so I'd guess it's a Figma.
Those elbow joints are also distinctly Figma elbows, they use them for all of their figures.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Joe Fisto posted:

Guys, I might be done collecting. I don't think it can get better than this.

Love WolfCap, but are those joints gummy? The elbow looks all screwed up like the joints used on the GOTG and other parts of the ML line.

Hasbro really goes cheap on paint apps, gummy joints really turn me away though.

I know you can kind of straighten them back out with a blowdryer, but I still hate them.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So I tried a go at the local Walgreens to see if they had the Spider-Gwen this weekend, to no avail. The store didn't even have an area where figures would be, let alone Marvel Legends. :( No end caps or anything.

Today on lunch though the guys wanted to go to 5 Guys, which is across the parking lot from Toys R' Us. So I decided to test my mettle there for the Metroid I've been trying to get for a while. Nothing on the shelves except Bowser/Donkey Kong. I ask at the desk, and apparently they got a shipment in today. I got the 2 Metroids in the case, one for myself, and I was going to offer one up here, but when I got in the car my buddy looked at them and claimed the second one.

Finally got it though and for a fraction of what the scalpers are selling them for!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Picked up a "Don't stick your dick in the electric socket" Vader at walgreens today. They had a few other figures as well, but I think the best looking one was ant man.

They had a few of the TR 8R figures left too. I'm down in La so they are apparently out for everyone, since we tend to get poo poo last.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

My Walgreens has a poo poo ton of the old Spider-Man wave and the DD exclusive but no Vader. Can't even find him on the website to do a store check like Ant-Man and Venom.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.

The Rage posted:

My Walgreens has a poo poo ton of the old Spider-Man wave and the DD exclusive but no Vader. Can't even find him on the website to do a store check like Ant-Man and Venom.

There's been a crapload Vader at my Walgreens lately, I wouldn't mind picking one up. I'll probably be in there on Thursday or Friday, PM me Wed. night if you haven't found one by then and I'll see if they have one for you.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

ShimSham posted:

Love WolfCap, but are those joints gummy? The elbow looks all screwed up like the joints used on the GOTG and other parts of the ML line.

Hasbro really goes cheap on paint apps, gummy joints really turn me away though.

I know you can kind of straighten them back out with a blowdryer, but I still hate them.

The plastic is soft-ish but not too bad. It looks better after I futzed with it more.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Toys R Us here just got a shipment of the 3.75" line - at least this first and 2nd wave ("jungle", "snow", "desert" armor - i threw all that poo poo out). The detail in these tiny figures really rivals the Black Series. And ive come too that I'll probably never find a BS Phasma, so this will do. The articulation is lacking - the wrists do not move at all :/ - otherwise there is some decent figures. The Vader I saw looked a bit too skinny. But the Hux and Finn were fantastic!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I just found out about the Dark Knight Returns Walmart exclusives, and I have no idea whether they are just coming out or have already come and gone. Is it time to flip out and buy a DKR Superman for way too much off ebay, or should I wait a bit and try to get one for retail?

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
They showed up at every Wal Mart around here last week and don't appear to be flying off the shelves. I'm guessing it won't be too hard to find one at retail.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Stormtrooper Finn back up on Amazon!

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Sweet Jesus, Neca is putting out a Weird Al toy. http://necaonline.com/55182/products/toys/plush-and-dolls/weird-al-yankovic-clothed-8-action-figure/

This guy is going straight to my work cubicle when he comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I want to like that, but the modern Al face looks really bad.