Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Yet somehow we still haven't gotten a Voltron movie despite World Events trying to do so for like 15 years at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I think we're getting a Netflix original live action Voltron soonish. Supposedly.

Dragon Knight I will grant this. It has a better ending than Ryuki.

And by that I mean it has an ending.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's a CG series made by Dreamworks.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat

Burkion posted:

I think we're getting a Netflix original live action Voltron soonish. Supposedly.

Dragon Knight I will grant this. It has a better ending than Ryuki.

And by that I mean it has an ending.

Well, Ryuki's four different "endings" have to add up to at least one full one, right?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FortMax posted:

Well, Ryuki's four different "endings" have to add up to at least one full one, right?

Ryuki is, no joke, the most disappointing Heisei Rider series for me. I love the designs of the Riders, and I love how no holds barred their take on the Rider War was compared to the more straight forward stuff with Gaim.

Just man, the story did not stick the landing. Any of the landings.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I learned to like Ryuki based on the fact that, no matter what, Shinji will always be a rider, and he will ALWAYS muck up the villain's plans for the Rider War.

He's a hero by being such a screw-up. :allears:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

The Power Rangers talk reminds me of an alleged script and the like that had come out referencing Power Rider Apollo (adapting Fourze), which had Shun ("Clutch") rapping with Jake on the weekends, and Ohsugi's only casting direction being "Looking for Steve Buscemi-type".

It was an April Fools joke, however :(

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Serperoth posted:

The Power Rangers talk reminds me of an alleged script and the like that had come out referencing Power Rider Apollo (adapting Fourze), which had Shun ("Clutch") rapping with Jake on the weekends, and Ohsugi's only casting direction being "Looking for Steve Buscemi-type".

That actually sounds amazing, I would watch the gently caress out of that.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Serperoth posted:

Ohsugi's only casting direction being "Looking for Steve Buscemi-type".

How do you do, fellow Riders?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
While I'm bringing up Voltron in a live action thread, there was supposedly some kind of script floating around for a movie version that had two key things I remember:

1) Sven turns out to be a traitor, which they also did in some comics I think, and I think is dumb as poo poo because he was perfectly loyal in the show.
2) they built the lions at a junkyard from old washing machines and cars and poo poo, and then when they combined into Voltron it would somehow look like it was all meant to be together as a cohesive whole. I thought this was kind of a neat idea, but everyone else I saw responding to it hated that.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Serperoth posted:

Didn't that also involve the head cheerleader updating her Tumblr and the Cancer guy having literal cancer?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Dexie posted:

How do you do, fellow Riders?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Needs to be in a TV-N font.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Light Gun Man posted:

While I'm bringing up Voltron in a live action thread, there was supposedly some kind of script floating around for a movie version that had two key things I remember:

1) Sven turns out to be a traitor, which they also did in some comics I think, and I think is dumb as poo poo because he was perfectly loyal in the show.
2) they built the lions at a junkyard from old washing machines and cars and poo poo, and then when they combined into Voltron it would somehow look like it was all meant to be together as a cohesive whole. I thought this was kind of a neat idea, but everyone else I saw responding to it hated that.

I'd rather the lions not be junk please

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Needs to be in a TV-N font.

with a red shade and a cute pixel graphic behind it of his hat.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

Didn't that also involve the head cheerleader updating her Tumblr and the Cancer guy having literal cancer?

Kengo had the cancer, I think.

EDIT: Nope. You're right.

Absolutely beautiful. :swoon:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

http://sentairangers.com/2013/03/exclusive-switch-on-kamen-rider-fourze-to-come-to-america-as-power-rider-apollo/

:v:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
If you were hoping Ninninger at least had a good final battle, boy do I have bad news for you.

It wasn't a solo job by Takaharu, but still managed to be worse than both Kyoryuger and ToQger.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'm glad Kyuuemon turned good after all that foreshadowing that that was in him, like...

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
So, on a scale of "Watching Paint Dry" to "Power Rangers Turbo without Divatox", how bad was Ninnin?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Whichever one is the worse of those options.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Ninnin is kinda like Wizard, aggressively mediocre with occasional glimpse of good up to 46. Final battle is by above post equally mediocre at best, hopefully Over-Time pushes for fast release 'cause I want to witness claims myself.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't seen Wizard, but I would call Ninninger "actually terrible." What I've seen of it makes me think it's worse than Gekiranger, which is the TV Tropes Sentai.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

If you were hoping Ninninger at least had a good final battle, boy do I have bad news for you.

It wasn't a solo job by Takaharu, but still managed to be worse than both Kyoryuger and ToQger.

Considering the series was worse than both of those throughout, at least it's consistent.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

GuyUpNorth posted:

Ninnin is kinda like Wizard, aggressively mediocre with occasional glimpse of good up to 46. Final battle is by above post equally mediocre at best, hopefully Over-Time pushes for fast release 'cause I want to witness claims myself.

'mediocre' is a giving it way too much credit

Nininger was really bad with a few episodes that were 'this is okay' to 'this is pretty good'; the strongest part of it was usually sight gags.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
....I like Gekiranger....

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Looks like we'll be getting a MidoNinger in this year's V-Cinema, and the first female Green at that (unless you wanna count Mele from Gekiranger). Apparently she's a new character named Luna Kokonoe and will be played by Megumi Han (Kyuemon's actress).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Feb 7, 2016

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Larryb posted:

Looks like we'll be getting a MidoNinger in this year's V-Cinema, and the first female Green at that (unless you wanna count Mele from Gekiranger).

Of course it's a repaint of the Red helmet. Because Taka is the best.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

jivjov posted:

Of course it's a repaint of the Red helmet. Because Taka is the best.

Hey, at least this one is a repaint instead of awkwardly inserting two more Akaningers into the team. For all of one fight, in which they accomplish nothing.

It's amazing how Ninninger fucks up even its mistakes.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

John McClane posted:

....I like Gekiranger....

So do I.

If Saban can't make something better out of the footage I don't know what to say. I feel like it probably wouldn't be hard.

Cernunnos fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Feb 7, 2016

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cernunnos posted:

So do I.

If Saban can't make something better out of the footage I don't know what to say. I feel like it probably wouldn't be hard.

If you put any amount of effort into adapting something like this, it really wouldn't be that hard.

Just pray it's not another Samurai which is just this weird aberration of a Ranger series.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If Saban pushes hard on the game show aspect of Ninja Steel, it'll probably be goofy enough to be worthwhile.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I liked shurikensentai's parting shot at ninninger.

quote:

Bye bye, Ninjas. Please remember to stay hidden from now on.

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008
Speaking of V-Cinema, we're also getting one for Drive, and it's about Chase! Not that that's terribly surprising, but I'm looking forward to it because I love Chase. Now if only they'd do a Gaim Gaiden about Oren... :sigh:

Accel appears!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Geddy Krueger posted:

Speaking of V-Cinema, we're also getting one for Drive, and it's about Chase! Not that that's terribly surprising, but I'm looking forward to it because I love Chase. Now if only they'd do a Gaim Gaiden about Oren... :sigh:

Accel appears!

Has the third set of Gaim Gaiden episodes been announced?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Xelkelvos posted:

Has the third set of Gaim Gaiden episodes been announced?

No. Volume 2 was followed by a poll of what Riders people wanted for Volume 3, but whether Toei will actually make said Volume 3 has not been confirmed yet.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

No. Volume 2 was followed by a poll of what Riders people wanted for Volume 3, but whether Toei will actually make said Volume 3 has not been confirmed yet.

I'd imagine if volume 2 does well enough, they could probably scratch out a third unless the actors have moved on.

Oren and Yoko should be volume 3

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Xelkelvos posted:

I'd imagine if volume 2 does well enough, they could probably scratch out a third unless the actors have moved on.

Oren and Yoko should be volume 3

They were some of the offered possibilities. I can't see anyone else who would be worth fleshing out further in the series other then those two.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
One of the options was Jam.

Who wouldn't want to see a movie about everyone's favorite character Kamen Rider Jam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
So we may have gotten a look at next season's 6th:

• Locked thread