Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

MarcoRubio posted:

Let’s dispel once and for all with this fiction, that Barack Obama doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing.

Copy > Paste this for the next 4 weeks as your only post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Youth Decay posted:

that Congressional voting record dot is kinda useless for Rubio cuz the sample size is so small

I love the Pauls dots

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

uncurable mlady posted:

NH seems like Trump's best shot, but I just don't see it. He's not the sort of retail politician that can thrive in NH at the primary level, and I think his support in polling isn't going to translate to voters showing up on Tuesday.

I just have no clue where else anyone will go. The entire field is such a loving clown car...

NH went for Buchanan. It's not unthinkable they'll go for Trump.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

MarcoRubio posted:

Let’s dispel once and for all with this fiction, that Barack Obama doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing.

:golfclap:

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

mastershakeman posted:

He thought hitting back on the mop issue would work, but unlike bush who folds at conflict, Christie just punched back

Yeah, I guess that's what it was meant to be. I think I just gave Rubio more credit than he deserved. In fairness, I think a lot of people did, haha

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

MarcoRubio posted:

Your only good post.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Mitt Romney posted:

I don't think Rubio was damaged as much as everyone thinks. He still got his talking points out and recovered nicely for the remainder of the debate. Also got the most speaking time.

My wife dropped him like a rock. It was TERRIBLE. The second half recovery doesn't matter, because the damage was already done.

Total fraud, Ken Doll candidate.

TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Vile posted:

Copy > Paste this for the next 4 weeks as your only post

For it to be completely accurate he should awkwardly segue into it no matter what the earlier content of his post was.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
In cold, dark Wisconsin, before a flickering television set, indebted Scott Walker sits dreaming.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

monsters who didn't want polish women to be allowed in the UK.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

The destruction of the GOP WunderKind is by far the best result of tonight's debate.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Boosted_C5 posted:

My wife dropped him like a rock. It was TERRIBLE. The second half recovery doesn't matter, because the damage was already done.

Total fraud, Ken Doll candidate.

TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was actually wondering about this because I am a broken person. Who is her new Repubi-bae?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
CNN hitting Cruz for lying at the debate in regards to the Ben Carson ratfuckery in Iowa.

Yeah, Trump won the debate because Rubio and Cruz slipped. Rubio's malfunction is the big story coming out of this... Dude shat the bed hard.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
has The Wall™ become part of the republican platform at this point?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

mannerup posted:

Yeah I was wondering that, why was everyone talking about that and not just Trump?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Joementum posted:

NH went for Buchanan. It's not unthinkable they'll go for Trump.

Not unthinkable, no, but Buchanan was a better politician than Trump is.

That said, I think Trump had a good night. I have this funny feeling that he won't run away with it, and that Rubio's meh-to-bad performance tonight is going to keep the field crowded until Super Tuesday.

Ahh Yes
Nov 16, 2004
>_>

MarcoRubio posted:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

uncurable mlady posted:

Rubio's meh-to-bad performance

Ehhhhhh

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah I was wondering that, why was everyone talking about that and not just Trump?

Ted Cruz, at least, has endorsed a wall, though not necessarily the 30-foot monster across the entire border that Trump wants. The other Republicans are mostly coming out for segments of wall at particularly popular crossing areas rather than the entire wall. This proposal's actually worse than Trump's because it'd just force even more migrants into dying of thirst in the Sonora Desert.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

I didn't catch the first two hours - he seemed pretty meh in the third.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

MarcoRubio posted:

MarcoRubio posted:

MarcoRubio posted:

MarcoRubio posted:

Pappyland
Jun 17, 2004

There's no limit to your imagination!
College Slice

MarcoRubio posted:

If Rubio wins the nomination, can we please have someone update the Romney emoticon with Rubio?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

uncurable mlady posted:

I didn't catch the first two hours - he seemed pretty meh in the third.

You saw this video right? Because it's everywhere right now

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

navyjack posted:

I was actually wondering about this because I am a broken person. Who is her new Repubi-bae?

Christie by default since she doesn't like Trump, thinks Cruz is sleeze, and Carson isn't qualified.

But more important to me, she cracked JUST A LITTLE and said "Trump didn't really turn me off tonight like he has in all the other debates"

Trump's face turn is working. She'll never vote for him, but some will.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Brannock posted:

lmao

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

I want some loving bacon halum-peno mac'n' cheese in this thread right now, right this second

e: Alright, this probably is super-esoteric, but if this reference grows legs it's going to be so awesome.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Kasich is basically the Sam Worthington of Republican candidates.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

The only reason that's "bad" is because someone challenged him on it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Patter Song posted:

At a certain point in this race I stopped wondering "This guy is a brilliant neurosurgeon?" and started wondering "This guy can dress and feed himself?" about the illustrious Dr. Carson. Every day he gets more and more pathetic. His performance tonight would've been career-ending if he were actually still relevant.

We've actually established that no, Carson can't dress himself.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

mannerup posted:

in 2012 romney talking about 'self-deportation' was the thing that democrats hammered home in the general, and he ended up losing the hispanic vote pretty badly. the gop briefly attempted to 'evolve' on that issue right after the election

there isn't a single gop candidate in 2016 who can come close to romney's level of moderation on that issue. i dunno maybe kasich? you're right that the wall and the surveillance state backing it up seems to have been accepted as a plank in their platform

the gop's hope is either that a lot of hispanics decided to hate immigrants in the last four years or that a shitload of white people are going to go 'hell yeah!!' and swamp the hispanic vote

if things happen along the lines of 2012 they're basically taking the hole they dug for themselves back then and digging it to china

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Domo Arigato Marco Roboto

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

oh my god

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I don't get how they made a robot worse than Romneybot

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

oystertoadfish posted:

if things happen along the lines of 2012 they're basically taking the hole they dug for themselves back then and digging it to chyna

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Brannock posted:

I missed the debate, this is :eyepop:

I didn't initially buy everyone saying that Rubio is an empty suit, but goddamn

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

fishmech posted:

Like 90% of the time yeah you can do a real write-in campaign, though it tends to only succeed in small towns, because it's hard to get millions of people to remember to write you in

Usually yes there's a keyboard or whatever if write in is an option, or the machine punches a hole for write-in and you use a pen.

We've had two successful write-in candidates at a federal level recently, ofc: Lisa Murkowski for AK-Senate in 2010, and Shelley "Dracula oval office" Sekula-Gibbs in the House in 2006.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Hahahaha holy poo poo they had to call out Carson. I'm so pissed I missed this debate

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

these loving idiots can't even walk onto a stage correctly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/chrismegerian/status/696187727549587457

• Locked thread