Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Vikings uses a Fever Ray song for their theme and it's an amazing choice, and I love it.

I haven't seen more than five minutes of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Steve2911 posted:

They don't need to be cancelled. In actual art, the art ends when the creator of the art decides that the art is finished.

:ssh: Don't let Star Wars fans hear you say this.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Pan Dulce posted:

God drat it, people didn't want to give Scream Queens a chance because it's a Ryan Murphy production, but they'll watch THAT?

Yes, because it's actually over ironically "good" and Ryan Murphy is not a part of the writing team in any way

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Vikings uses a Fever Ray song for their theme and it's an amazing choice, and I love it.

I haven't seen more than five minutes of the show.

The music is one of the best parts of the show, in terms of style they just nail it. Here's one of my favourite scenes (no real spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aslM---mPpA

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
what's a good feel-good show because I just watched Trophy Kids on Netflix and now I feel physically angry

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Pierson posted:

what's a good feel-good show because I just watched Trophy Kids on Netflix and now I feel physically angry

friday night lights

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pierson posted:

Raising Hope. It's a sitcom about how great having a family can be, except for the last season which was virtually a spin off with the parents and almost no Jimmy.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
FNL owned, it had some rough patches but they're easily papered over by the good stuff

it took real courage to say that Taylor Kitsch could pass for a high school junior

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Pierson posted:

Catastrophe, Parks & Rec

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Pierson posted:

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. If the opening theme alone doesn't cheer you up I don't know what will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIdFa1qLgNQ

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Pierson posted:

Compared to Trophy Kids? Didn't they just make another Stanford Prison Experiment movie recently? Maybe netflix a documentary on Mengele?

Or just watch the epilogue part where the loving insane football dad's kid said gently caress that poo poo and moved back with his mom. Golf girl's dad was less mature than his 8 year old (gently caress poo poo gently caress loving BITCH). I hope she goes on to do something horribly disappointing to her father like become a respected doctor that cures cancer.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Im watching Trophy kids now because of this thread and :lol: these people are comically horrible.

^Yea I think about the parents spending all this time and money and you could be grooming a kid to be a neurosurgeon and get a way better ROI and chance of success.

Fooz fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 6, 2016

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I think it's cool that they did a documentary series about supervillain backstories.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Toxxupation posted:

Manhattan season two is significantly, significantly better than season one

Is it streaming anywhere legal? I needs it.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Fooz posted:

Im watching Trophy kids now because of this thread and :lol: these people are comically horrible.

^Yea I think about the parents spending all this time and money and you could be grooming a kid to be a neurosurgeon and get a way better ROI and chance of success.

Man just wait until Football Dad visits his son's mom with him. He goes full crazy like how-is-this-person-not-committed crazy.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I feel like Trophy Kids should be mandatory viewing for anybody who has every grumbled about participation trophies.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I don't need a TV show to tell me that sports parents are the goddamn worst.

Also, this week's Man Seeking Woman was lacking in nudity of any sort, but it was still hilarious.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Snak posted:

WHAT THE gently caress ALL THE GHOST IN THE SHELL SOUNDTRACK IS GONE FROM YOUTUBE

GOD DAMNIT

I just want to listen to the end credits song on a whim and all there are is really terrible covers.

edit: thank god for soundcloud.

Haha, I griped about this earlier because I wanted to listen to Run Rabbit Junk. Apparently Sony Japan region-locked all of their music.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I've been a lovely TV fan over the last few years, but since I have DirecTV and a DVR now, I want to keep up with some stuff. I've already decided on The People v OJ Simpson, and I'm gonna try to get caught up on American Crime (the other one). What's some stuff starting now (or that started within the last couple months that gets replayed a lot) that I should keep up with. I don't want to just jump into stuff that's been airing for a while (my internet connection is such that I can't really stream stuff anymore, hence the DVR), but I'm looking for a nice variety.

I'm totally gonna watch The Flash again too. That's the only show I kept up with last year, aside from Parks and Rec.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I really liked the first season of The Flash, and I really hate this season so far.

What's the point of Barry's fake girlfriend finding out that he's the flash if they're just going to "break up" and he's going to get a new girlfriend so they can do all the plots where Barry's girlfriend doesn't know he's The Flash AGAIN!!!?!?!?!?! Fuch you show, you loving suck and your writers should feel bad.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yoshifan823 posted:

I've been a lovely TV fan over the last few years, but since I have DirecTV and a DVR now, I want to keep up with some stuff. I've already decided on The People v OJ Simpson, and I'm gonna try to get caught up on American Crime (the other one). What's some stuff starting now (or that started within the last couple months that gets replayed a lot) that I should keep up with. I don't want to just jump into stuff that's been airing for a while (my internet connection is such that I can't really stream stuff anymore, hence the DVR), but I'm looking for a nice variety.

I'm totally gonna watch The Flash again too. That's the only show I kept up with last year, aside from Parks and Rec.

I'm enjoying The Expanse on Syfy though it just finished its first season. It's just 10 episodes though.

The X-Files season 10 had a really fun episode recently that gives me hope for the future.

Billions on Showtime is trashy fun TV.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Snak posted:

I really liked the first season of The Flash, and I really hate this season so far.

What's the point of Barry's fake girlfriend finding out that he's the flash if they're just going to "break up" and he's going to get a new girlfriend so they can do all the plots where Barry's girlfriend doesn't know he's The Flash AGAIN!!!?!?!?!?! Fuch you show, you loving suck and your writers should feel bad.
Lol if you expected an different from a CW show.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm enjoying The Expanse on Syfy though it just finished its first season. It's just 10 episodes though.

The X-Files season 10 had a really fun episode recently that gives me hope for the future.

Billions on Showtime is trashy fun TV.

Billions is loving awful.

It's like a bunch of idiots read 3 books on finance and decided to make a tv show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

Let he who has not made the OP for a Fox procedural throw the first stone, sir.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Rocksicles posted:

Billions is loving awful.

It's like a bunch of idiots read 3 books on finance and decided to make a tv show.

I enjoy Paul Giamatti's BDSM. It's a bad show overall but whatever it's Paul Giamatti! On TV!

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Josh Lyman posted:

The 100 tho

iZombie tho

Jane the Virgin tho

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend tho

(yeah I'm just listing off good CW shows. hell I might even say Reign)

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Sober posted:

The 100 tho

iZombie tho

Jane the Virgin tho

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend tho

(yeah I'm just listing off good CW shows. hell I might even say Reign)
Are you telling me those shows don't have repetitious romance plots designed to irritate everyone except 12-29 year olds??

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The 100 and iZombie don't.

100 is violence with pockets of kissing and lesbian sex
iZombie is brilliant and should be watched by anyone who has half a brain.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Did you forget everything about the cure and her relationship with Major?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
What about it?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Rocksicles posted:

The 100 and iZombie don't.

100 is violence with pockets of kissing and lesbian sex
iZombie is brilliant and should be watched by anyone who has half a brain.

I'm watching The 100 and the entire first season is a lovely love triangle

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's more murders than triangles.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Sure but that doesn't mean it isn't there and it is by farrrr the worst thing in the show

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The 100 is the Sex House of 2016

sure PoI of 2016 might have been more accurate but it's less funny

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Even iZombie is totally guilty of that nonsense, it just hasn't gotten bad enough to make me stop watching like with the superhero shows.

Probably because Major has enough going on on his own and doesn't exist purely to cause love interest drama. So that ends up just being a side effect that I'm willing to put up with.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Escobarbarian posted:

The 100 is the Sex House of 2016

sex house is good, though...?

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Hakkesshu posted:

I'm watching The 100 and the entire first season is a lovely love triangle

Not gonna defend the first season because while it had good parts and consistently improved on each episode, the YA love triangle stuff (hell, Finn himself) is the worst thing about the show. It was some tonal whiplash to go from kid murders to teen sexytime in the space of a few minutes.

The show is so super fuckin good now and thank you TV IV chat for convincing me to stick with it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Toxxupation posted:

sex house is good, though...?

Just think level of goon-described quality compared to actual quality. Sex House is a decent, interesting reality TV pastiche, not the be-all-end-all final stop of reality TV spoofs. Person of Interest is a procedural with fun characters and interesting themes, not the most groundbreaking serialised drama ever aired on a network show. And now The 100 is clearly another CW show no matter how much people say it isn't, focusing on the different elements and ignoring the similar ones.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

yeah, but, counterpoint: sex house is good, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I hope they do some mysterious teaser trailers and ARGs for The 100 built around the phrase "cloudy drink kills frog."

• Locked thread