Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Posting in a shiny new thread for the first time!

Lizardman promised to sub for me so kick him out of you don't get his submission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Prel, you better get that Loki in!!

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

You hear that Lizardman? Go get 'em! Don't let us down.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack
it would be really too convenient to post your stream time on the wild 110 site

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010
Just got back into this after nearly a year away just last week. Having a good time blah blah whatever.

So earlier today, in the span of one session of cosmic midtown omega grinding. I got both the White Gorilla Spear and the Unique slot 2 from Sinister. The game clearly wants me to play a summoner type. Which summoner is in the best place right now? Or I guess which one should I avoid playing if they're in a really bad place presently? I have all of the summoner types except Doom unlocked, but I can get him with no issue.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

jubelio posted:

it would be really too convenient to post your stream time on the wild 110 site

Got a feeling it'll be Monday. I lost my voice :(

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

jymbojones posted:

Just got back into this after nearly a year away just last week. Having a good time blah blah whatever.

So earlier today, in the span of one session of cosmic midtown omega grinding. I got both the White Gorilla Spear and the Unique slot 2 from Sinister. The game clearly wants me to play a summoner type. Which summoner is in the best place right now? Or I guess which one should I avoid playing if they're in a really bad place presently? I have all of the summoner types except Doom unlocked, but I can get him with no issue.

Get Doom. Doom owns and he's got a non-pet spec if you want to blast some fools but still want to hear him poo poo all over the other heroes and also himself.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Got a feeling it'll be Monday. I lost my voice :(

make it monday night 7 or 8pm eastern kthx

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Sorry to hear you lost your voice ICR, but I submitted my time. I was going to have a song with it but that would have been several extra buttons and I gave up.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Please make it coincide with Hotline Bling so we can have your FF farming in the corner of the stream.

Bizarre Echo
Jul 1, 2011

"I am pleased that we have differences. May we together become greater than the sum of both of us."
I first played this game when it sucked was finding its growth edges, and I'm now back because teleporting Russian Queens of Hell are cool.

I've got a slew of Fortune Cards, Mystic Mayhem Coffers, Coffers of Achievement (etc. etc. etc.), is there any reason I should wait to max level to open these, or is it okay to loot them at lvl20?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

nostrata posted:

Sorry to hear you lost your voice ICR, but I submitted my time. I was going to have a song with it but that would have been several extra buttons and I gave up.
Honestly the only reason I enter is because i get to plan out the song choice instead of grind cdr.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

nostrata posted:

Same for both of these.

Get better you incandescent luminary.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Dreamofpower posted:

I forgot to use my ult, and I don't think my team up was summoned.

Good enough though, I feel like I've already played Wolverine too much.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Holy cow I can't wait to stream this. I'm going to lose my voice a second time on these times and the hilarious stuff some of you all do.

I'll set the time ASAP and can't wait again. Fallout had to millisecond everybody's time because some are so ridiculously close. Got one that is .02 away from the other. Some of these are jawdropping. Some of these are hilarious.

Basically, I'm getting really excited again. Eschports!

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Bizarre Echo posted:

I first played this game when it sucked was finding its growth edges, and I'm now back because teleporting Russian Queens of Hell are cool.

I've got a slew of Fortune Cards, Mystic Mayhem Coffers, Coffers of Achievement (etc. etc. etc.), is there any reason I should wait to max level to open these, or is it okay to loot them at lvl20?

Crack fortune cards anytime. The coffers should be saved for 60 as you can get uniques from them and you spend more time at 60 than leveling. That said uniques are easier to come by these days so if the leveling is going slow feel free to pop a few and see what you get. Can always save the lower level uniques for prestiging.

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
What are the odds I make it to the second round in the 110 with a time slower than 2 minutes?

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
When did they make the change where you couldn't sell anything if it exceeded money cap? I know people had bitched about selling all their credit chests by accident, but I don't remember it stopping you before.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

That must be new, so probably when they increased the credit cap. Dope.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

how is sg chat still broken

jesus christ

Bizarre Echo
Jul 1, 2011

"I am pleased that we have differences. May we together become greater than the sum of both of us."

bagrada posted:

Crack fortune cards anytime. The coffers should be saved for 60 as you can get uniques from them and you spend more time at 60 than leveling. That said uniques are easier to come by these days so if the leveling is going slow feel free to pop a few and see what you get. Can always save the lower level uniques for prestiging.

Good to know, thanks. How about the rate of Eternity Shards? I started with about 200, and I've been playing through low-level content and only have 225. Does the drop rate improve as you get to 60, or is it supposed to push you towards paying for characters with real money?

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Roshambo posted:

What are the odds I make it to the second round in the 110 with a time slower than 2 minutes?

Depends on if everyone collectively decides to phone it in or not. I think you'll be pretty safe if you're at the minute mark. But I'm prepared to eat my own words there and go back to XCom.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Prel posted:

You hear that Lizardman? Go get 'em! Don't let us down.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Who was the rear end in a top hat that was like "oh yeah, if you get under a minute you're good" to me and then I turned in my fantastic time only to find out he was at like 40 loving seconds.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I am trying to get a better time but Black Cat is just so loving bad at clearing trash, and it doesn't help that Shocker terminal just doesn't have a lot of enemies so about half the time I won't get enough kills for the bounty without backtracking.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Ghostlight posted:

Who was the rear end in a top hat that was like "oh yeah, if you get under a minute you're good" to me and then I turned in my fantastic time only to find out he was at like 40 loving seconds.

I would say upper quartile 50s, lower quartile 1.10, so probably under a min is fine

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

What's a good Ring Man time, like, 3 mins or something?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ajax posted:

I would say upper quartile 50s, lower quartile 1.10, so probably under a min is fine

This was on Kurse last tournament. I want to blame LizardMan.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Could be worse, your opponent could've got 35 seconds and dunked you into a trashcan.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Had a 27 second time when shocker died... 118/125. I almost cried.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Just record five runs and have them all be just a black screen then do two more and pick the best one like I did.

Kenby
Apr 26, 2012

Bizarre Echo posted:

Good to know, thanks. How about the rate of Eternity Shards? I started with about 200, and I've been playing through low-level content and only have 225. Does the drop rate improve as you get to 60, or is it supposed to push you towards paying for characters with real money?

It doesn't get any better. I think it comes out to 33 to 53 hours to get 400 ES or something.

You can buy eternity boost potions when they are in the store (they are right now). You get 60 hours of boosts for $20. The boost gives you 2+ ES each time they drop and the timer only counts when you are outside a hub. Three and five drops are pretty common, sometimes even higher. It's probably not worth it if you're buying specific heroes because it's about 2/3 the cost of just buying a hero without spending hours grinding. But it's very nice if you don't have many heroes and are buying those 175 ES random hero boxes (until you get a duplicate).

The other good way to get heroes is to buy them when they do BOGO sales every month or two. They give you a random hero w/ every hero purchase (G purchases only). It's good to save the cheap heroes for BOGO sales if you want to whale responsibly. :coolfish:

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Kenby posted:

It doesn't get any better. I think it comes out to 33 to 53 hours to get 400 ES or something.

You can buy eternity boost potions when they are in the store (they are right now). You get 60 hours of boosts for $20. The boost gives you 2+ ES each time they drop and the timer only counts when you are outside a hub. Three and five drops are pretty common, sometimes even higher. It's probably not worth it if you're buying specific heroes because it's about 2/3 the cost of just buying a hero without spending hours grinding. But it's very nice if you don't have many heroes and are buying those 175 ES random hero boxes (until you get a duplicate).

The other good way to get heroes is to buy them when they do BOGO sales every month or two. They give you a random hero w/ every hero purchase (G purchases only). It's good to save the cheap heroes for BOGO sales if you want to whale responsibly. :coolfish:

Best time to eat an eternity splinter boost potion is during the mayhem limbo event because the 10 drop is changed to a 63 drop. You'll get a lot more if you boost special item find during it and only leave the hub to kill something after your drop timer is reset again. That varies based on your SiF but it should be easy to get it down to 6 minutes.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

soscannonballs posted:

I am trying to get a better time but Black Cat is just so loving bad at clearing trash, and it doesn't help that Shocker terminal just doesn't have a lot of enemies so about half the time I won't get enough kills for the bounty without backtracking.

Can you use her ult + zigg to clear the trash? Not sure how it works.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
If i had Wolverine I'd just steal most of this random compilation of bits from the cartoon for my vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfmqSOr2-NY

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Bizarre Echo posted:

Nobody's said it yet, but you will get one Splinter every 8 minutes at 0% SIF with a small chance of a 2 or 10-drop. If you get some SIF your timer decreases slightly.

If you pop a Splinter Boost or Guardians potion you get a guaranteed bonus Splinter on 1-drops and each stack has a chance to get a bonus Splinter. So what you will see is 2, 2/1, 2/2, 3/2 or 10.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

jymbojones posted:

Iceman is good. Doom is good. Loki is good.

SG sucks Racon sucks. Summoner Magik sucks. Summoner Rogue probably sucks.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Giedroyc posted:

If i had Wolverine I'd just steal most of this random compilation of bits from the cartoon for my vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfmqSOr2-NY

If I had wolverine I would forfeit. Also please do this contest next year. I think by then I will have actual gear for my heroes.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I never get tired of that Ace of Spades Sentinel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

what would happen if they add a playable anime to this game

• Locked thread