Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Dr Pepper posted:

This only applies to Radiant Dawn.
Yep. You can savescum to abuse it in Path of Radiance. You can abuse it in Radiant Dawn too but in a different way where you manipulate characters to have <300% total growths for their current caps, allowing you to guarantee their off stats. But PoR you can flat-out get perfect levels with BEXP if you have the patience (don't do this).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
people who savescum levels are not people i'd ever want to play link arena with

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Micaiah's reasoning behind a lot of her dumb stuff is that she's the general of a recovering nation who can't afford to have public infighting while it gets back on its feet

which is actually entirely fair, but she's repeatedly touted as the populist choice and the power behind the throne, so you'd think she could maybe pipe up a little in private about the succession of crazy-rear end viziers that keep bending the spineless king's ear. She actually did when it was creepy poisoner Izuka, which makes it all the weirder when she rolls over and goes to backstab the laguz that helped them win back their country

I didn't really want to use ike because of the way he batmans on into the plot, so I'm having mist and titania do all the heavy lifting where possible

Titania does a lot of heavy lifting

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the fire emblem thread will never die

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Hey guys

Bloodpacts.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Despite owning it for years I finally got around to completing tales of vesperia. What a nice little ending. The credit scene drawings were great too.

scuse the lovely screen grab from youtube

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Here's high quality shots if you want them.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Feb 6, 2016

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Cheers mate! Was using your lp as a guide of sorts, stopped just before you did the final boss as I decided to do some optional stuff then. Thanks for the effort!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Stelas posted:

Micaiah's reasoning behind a lot of her dumb stuff is that she's the general of a recovering nation who can't afford to have public infighting while it gets back on its feet

which is actually entirely fair, but she's repeatedly touted as the populist choice and the power behind the throne, so you'd think she could maybe pipe up a little in private about the succession of crazy-rear end viziers that keep bending the spineless king's ear. She actually did when it was creepy poisoner Izuka, which makes it all the weirder when she rolls over and goes to backstab the laguz that helped them win back their country
yeah radiant d awn's writing falls apart in act 3

it's still got good dialogue though

also just a note, if you save transfer to FE10 units that were max level in FE9 will get small boosts. If you're using them, the characters you'll want to grab that boost for the most are Zihark, Ilyana, and Jill, since they're with you for the hardest parts of FE10. I wouldn't dump tons of BEXP into them to try and get them to 20/20 if you aren't using them, though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also while we're talking FE, funfact about FE5: Eyvel is unkillable.

You know that bit in the dungeons where Reidrik and Manfroy are all 'muahahaha, let's see you fight out of our arena?' the rng is rigged so that she can't die there, since it'd be pretty unfair to the player if she did, since it's just a locked room with 15 guys charging at her.

Well, they hosed up the coding, or really wanted that arena scene to always twigger i guess, so the RNG is actually rigged so that she never dies in every map until she leaves the party. So, yeah, just have Eyvel use a broken sword and carry Ronan around or something and have her run into the enemy, they'll never kill her but she'll make a great distraction. Pro strats for a game released in 1999.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't think it's a bug, I think it's intentional because the plot wouldn't really work if she died early.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you could just do a thing where she retreats like seth in FE8 or whoever, but i guess they still need that arena segment for that chapter to have any drama at all

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think characters that retreat instead of dying was invented in FE7.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

I think characters that retreat instead of dying was invented in FE7.
levin, cuan, and ethlin do it in fe4

cyas and sety do it in fe5 even

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
yeah okay guess I'm wrong

still would have been weird for Eyvel to retreat and then be playable again int he arena chapter

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

e; haha oops wrong thread

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Feb 7, 2016

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Endorph posted:

yeah radiant d awn's writing falls apart in act 3

it's still got good dialogue though

also just a note, if you save transfer to FE10 units that were max level in FE9 will get small boosts. If you're using them, the characters you'll want to grab that boost for the most are Zihark, Ilyana, and Jill, since they're with you for the hardest parts of FE10. I wouldn't dump tons of BEXP into them to try and get them to 20/20 if you aren't using them, though.

Cool, I am using Zihark and Jill in my playthrough. Zihark is okay, he's a bit frail but his criticals are cool. Jill is literally my best unit, she is godly. Actually another question I have - if somebody died in Path of Radiance, will they still show up in Radiant Dawn? I let Marcia die because I couldn't be bothered to start the whole chapter again, but I understand that she is in the next game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nah, if somebody dies they'll still be in FE10. Even if you didn't recruit somebody in FE9, they'll still act like they were around back then in FE10. The intergame connectivity isn't that involved.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Getsuya posted:

When you need to get into the ceremony in the temple place and it asks you which item to barter with, select the pipe. Then go talk to a person named Egiyu before you go into the dungeon in that town.

Since this happens very early in the game it's possible you already passed it, in which case you are out of luck. I missed it to, so don't feel too bad.

Thank you for the details. In between my original question and now I did indeed sell the knife because I thought the pipe would be more significant than a knife that looked exactly like what the assassins were using and therefore more commonplace. I will continue on with a cowboy hat-shaped hole in my heart.

E: I restarted the game because I am broken and I wasn't very far. I appreciate an RPG that lets me skip all cutscenes and fly through dialogue.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Feb 7, 2016

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Since Eyvel is a Swordmaster maybe they figured nobody would notice because hey she's already pretty dodgy and it won't look that suspicious.

And it really doesn't, unless you deliberately send Eyvel up against all the enemies at once.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Also, in FE5, hit rates cap at 99% (and min at 1%)

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
FE4 was superior to all other Fire Emblem games, hth.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Verranicus posted:

FE4 was superior to all other Fire Emblem games, hth.

in being tedious, sure

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Micaiah is weird because she's supposed to be old and I keep forgetting that!!

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Tae posted:

in being tedious, sure

It was the only one where missions felt like actual battles in a war and not tiny skirmishes.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I mean I really like 4 but there's a reason why it's the only one like that, and that's because it turns out actual battles in a war feature lots of doing nothing and take forever

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Verranicus posted:

It was the only one where missions felt like actual battles in a war and not tiny skirmishes.

there are missions near the ends of 6 and 7 that sort of have that same feel and they are also kind of tedious

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Erg posted:

Missing the cowboy hat is very easy and it's a very important dress up item

I assume I'm pretty late in the game the most recent plot thing was I faced off against Heldalf, the purple-haired girl showed up, and I was told to go to Lohgrin afterwards. Have I missed the Cowboy Hat?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
The cowboy hat is found and missable near the very beginning of the game so unfortunately you did.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Eopia posted:

The cowboy hat is found and missable near the very beginning of the game so unfortunately you did.

drat. Well, I'll find it on my own, but at least it's near the start of the game.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Tired Moritz posted:

Micaiah is weird because she's supposed to be old and I keep forgetting that!!

micaiah is my wife and i'm gonna cosplay as her

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

voltcatfish posted:

micaiah is my wife and i'm gonna cosplay as her

She is really cute.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
eh, there's cuter fe girls.

and cuter fe guys, to be honest

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I'm that one person for whom 4 was my first Fire Emblem and I can attest to it being a good and cool game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOVqcUdRX1U

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Sylphid posted:

drat. Well, I'll find it on my own, but at least it's near the start of the game.

Yeah, it involves something that I figured you weren't supposed to do which tricked me

Getsuya posted what you have to do a little bit ago if you didn't want to figure it out yourself

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I always do what I'm not supposed to, that's how I found it.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
4 is a very good, very cool game, but the whole system where you run from castle to castle doing nothing between each castle after the initial start of chapter enemy onslaught could have been done better. I also consider it the absolute jankiest and unbalanced you can make a game and still have it be great overall.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I just wish Fire Emblem would return to the larger scale missions. 3 and 4 were my intros to the series as a kid and even though the animations in the GBA ones were awesome and Awakening was great in general I still wish they'd return to the bigger maps. I never felt like they were tedious.

You know what -is- tedious? Every level of Project X Zone after the first 10. I'm at 31/41 and determined to beat it but god drat is it a slog. This is coming from a guy who played through Namco x Capcom TWICE with no issues.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Cake Attack posted:

I mean I really like 4 but there's a reason why it's the only one like that, and that's because it turns out actual battles in a war feature lots of doing nothing and take forever

My favorite parts are when a neutral NPC would fight the enemy. Just like 3 minutes of me waiting to take my drat turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Playing Persona 4: Golden. The game has aged very well being that it is coming to be a decade old (holy poo poo!).

It does have two problems with it though. The first is that I feel that save points are too far and few in between. Mostly due to the talkie points in the game. The second problem...well I just won't say it as it's a :can:.