Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
I know they say they tune fights with 0 healer dps, but I don't believe a word of that. That's like saying, "we weren't expecting the warrior to do a fuckload of dps. we never balanced these fights that were unable to be cleared without warriors and healer dps!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Don't believe Yoshi's lies.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Velthice posted:

I have small hands

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
nah, that guy probably has better reach than I do. this is what it feels like to be me trying to press hotkeys

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Velthice posted:

whm tank

inevitable omni whm

just do what's comfortable. i'm pretty sure if my raid group actually saw my hotbars and how many buttons I just click they'd be terrified, but as it is we do savage fine and nobody dies outside of getting instagibbed by messing up mechanics

I have small hands

Have you tried using Alt as a modifier?

Agraya
Dec 15, 2009

I stopped playing WHM in favor of AST a while back so Aero 3 is on a dumb button I never bothered to change. Other than that is my standard mmo binds.

Holli has me convinced I may have long rear end spiderfingers though.

5 is target of target and shift+5 is focus which is why those are not on spells.

Agraya fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Feb 7, 2016

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I don't even actually hit my 6 key. I have it mapped to R

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I feel like I should keep an "honest healers" log of every healer that I come across that does little to no dps.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Rexicon1 posted:

I know they say they tune fights with 0 healer dps, but I don't believe a word of that. That's like saying, "we weren't expecting the warrior to do a fuckload of dps. we never balanced these fights that were unable to be cleared without warriors and healer dps!!"

I think they use 0 healer dps as a fudge factor for dps and tank "mistakes". ie, every point of healer dps allows other roles to be slightly less "optimal".

A "mistake" can include "is not on a 100mbit network with the server like they have in Japan"

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
This game and future of it sucks.
Nothing but a pure copy paste of a realm reborn. With x20 more grinding to obtain one relic of stage one. And high insane price ln market board. I know too many people who did quit and I am going to do the same. Was hoping 3.2 would bring something new... But pvp in this game is mediocre. Ladder system will attract no pvp players frommthe pvp world to come enroll on this mmo rpg. No content = bad game. People demand adventures, no to sell their souls to he able to play with everyone.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Rexicon1 posted:

They actually did say almost exactly this about the first T8 clears.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Technogeek posted:

Nothing but a pure copy paste of a realm reborn. With x20 more grinding to obtain one relic of stage one. And high insane price ln market board. I know too many people who did quit and I am going to do the same. Was hoping 3.2 would bring something new... But pvp in this game is mediocre. Ladder system will attract no pvp players frommthe pvp world to come enroll on this mmo rpg. No content = bad game. People demand adventures, no to sell their souls to he able to play with everyone.
I actually kind of agree with parts of this. 3.2 does seem like more of the same (but it looks like it'll be fun same, so I don't mind) and there's no way that people looking for serious pvp would come to FF14 attracted by only that. I guess even the OF clock is right twice a day. That said, PEOPLE DEMAND ADVENTURES.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
Just picked up the game again in the PS4 bundle form and will be starting over with a fresh account. Are the new jobs real freakin' neato or should I just stick with rolling Summoner/Scholar to start so I won't hate my life leveling up.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

karn1635 posted:

Just picked up the game again in the PS4 bundle form and will be starting over with a fresh account. Are the new jobs real freakin' neato or should I just stick with rolling Summoner/Scholar to start so I won't hate my life leveling up.

You can't start one of the new jobs until Heavensward anyway.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

You cant start the new jobs til you're level 50+ on an ARR job anyway.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I am a WHM and I do, in fact, often out-DPS really bad DPS in EXDR, without being particularly good or geared on my end. Framing it as "trying to do the DPS's job" is assuming the DPS can do their job, and that it isn't the tank or healer's job to contribute damage

"Trying to do the DPS's job" as in they are spending the whole time DPSing rather then what's supposed to take priority which is keeping the Tank from not being dead. I thought that was pretty obvious the way I said it.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Tank dying is selene's fault, not mine

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Velthice posted:

I don't even actually hit my 6 key. I have it mapped to R

May I recommend a mouse with extra buttons? Mine isn't one of those fancy 26 side buttons mice, it just has 2 extra buttons next to mouse 1 and with shift, ctrl and alt modifiers thats an extra 8 keys, with side buttons thats 18 keys all in one hand.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Augus posted:

"Trying to do the DPS's job" as in they are spending the whole time DPSing rather then what's supposed to take priority which is keeping the Tank from not being dead. I thought that was pretty obvious the way I said it.

Tank dying is tank's fault. Even worst tank rude class Paladin can cure.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

PEOPLE DEMAND ADVENTURES

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Truga posted:

Tank dying is selene's fault, not mine

Selene can't embrace herself, and Selene tanks a lot in lldr!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Technogeek posted:

This is basically true though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BREAKING: Game expansion continues to be game.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Is Alphinaud the main character yet

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

voltcatfish posted:

Is Alphinaud the main character yet

Arguably he has been since HW and this is the patch where everything changes.

I kinda wish she would stay dead

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I'm the main character

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

DarkHamsterlord posted:

I'm the main character

No, it's actually me.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

The main character is lolorito and we're only involved in a small part of his story

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
The main character is Generic Hyur and we're the villain protagonist.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The main character is Tataru.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Selene can't embrace herself, and Selene tanks a lot in lldr!

sure she can

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Hold on, I heard from a reliable source that the main character is Trachtoum. He killed Archbishop Gordon all by himself.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
This game is pay to win. The only way to get more inventory space is by buying a retainer with real money, there is no way to get extra space unless you get our your credit card, you can't get more space via quests or grinding or any other way at all.

This in a game where the devs ignore players begging for more inventory space, where they continually add more and more gear to clog up your space, where all jobs can be leveled on one character, where crafting is a massive inventory hog and where you can make more money than others by having this retainer.

How do XIV players allow them to make this game p2w? This is the only p2p game I know of that is pay to win like this.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm not sure how more inventory space lets you kill bosses faster, but okay, maybe you have a different definition of winning.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Where do you go to see this?

Tortolia posted:

I still recommend that new 50s do the first two steps of the Zodiac weapon chain. It doesn't take long at all, there are two trials you unlock that way you don't otherwise get to do, and you get a glowy Zenith weapon and title for that specific job. Hell, if you do it for all the ARR jobs you get an extra title too.

It is everything beyond that phase that takes appreciable time and effort.

Immediately the quest was all "Bring me these materia daggers". Nope. Crafting sounds boring.

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013

SonicRulez posted:

That's just steam. You can also use /playtime ingame to see the shameful amount of your life you've wasted.

petcarcharodon fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Feb 7, 2016

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

SonicRulez posted:

Immediately the quest was all "Bring me these materia daggers". Nope. Crafting sounds boring.

That's the only part of it that's crafting related and you can just ask a guildmate to do it for you.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

SonicRulez posted:

Good thing you don't have to craft them yourself

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tortolia posted:

Good thing you don't have to craft them yourself

To be fair, fetching them and bringing them back is pretty boring too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Half the game is a fetch quest. It's a MMO.

• Locked thread