Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Oh, hey, Space Hitler is back. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I was just about to post this.

Gaelio managed to sound like an rear end in a top hat even when he was being nice to Ein. Good job, Gaelio!

Mika's powers of perception are apparently way above everyone else's. I'm glad they dispensed with the secret identity

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Feb 7, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Green Intern posted:

Mika's powers of perception are apparently way above everyone else's. I'm glad they dispensed with the secret identity

Yeah, I was about to post about that. :laffo:

e; that ending. :3:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Feb 7, 2016

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Also very important: Tamoto graffiti.

Edit: Talk about hover-handing, Mika. :v:

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Feb 7, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The episode name is pretty loving apt

From Kudelia stopping an entire armada with a speech to Mika instantly realizing who the masked man is it all comes down to just that one detail.

Also Kabuki woman is loving great :allears: Akihiro is going to end up joining the turbine harem :allears: MikasKudelia's harem is still on track :allears:

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Feb 7, 2016

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
All this time, I was wondering, Mika rolled a perceive check when he heard the Chocolate Man's voice from the cockpit, was he going to meet the Chocolate Man when he came a-visiting? Bam, he nails it yet again.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Mika deadpanning everything up to and including comforting others is great.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

"Well of course Mika isn't around when the masked man shows up, that would give up the game too quick---" :haw:

Orga wising up to the fact that they're still very much junior partners in their business relationship with Teiwaz was interesting. And funnily enough now he, Biscuit and Mika are the ones keeping secrets from the others.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
One other thing I noticed - there's a brief shot of the Grimgerde in the preview. Guess that red colour scheme did mean something after all - if McGillis is going out this early, it can only be to help our heroes.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I like that ladies' all-blonde boy harem.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

boom boom boom posted:

I like that ladies' all-blonde boy harem.

Behold, the true Chars of the series.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Green Intern posted:

Also very important: Tamoto graffiti.

Edit: Talk about hover-handing, Mika. :v:

The written English continues to be really good:

Edit: also, does anybody in Tekkadan besides Kudelia know that Fumitan was a traitor?

Midjack fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Feb 7, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Midjack posted:

Edit: also, does anybody in Tekkadan besides Kudelia know that Fumitan was a traitor?

I dont think so. The only one that was suspicious about it was Mikazuki, and in this episode he probably though that her talk about responsibility was the dangers associated with it and took a bullet for her dedication.

On an unrelated note, I'm liking how the scenes progress, it adds more meaning to them when viewed sequentially. On one part, you have Shino talking about how removing the burden of leadership has made him a better person, because he couldn't deal with the loss of the people under him. Then immediately it changes to Kudelia, which has already accepted that burden and how she's coping with it. This sort of contrast redefines what strength is and makes Kudelia look stronger, despite not participating in combat first hand.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Feb 7, 2016

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Midjack posted:

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I dont think so.
Probably helps that, unless I missed something, the only one she was actually betraying was Kudelia herself. She wasn't informed about the whole "get Tekkadan to unknowingly smuggle in weapons which will be used to provide an excuse to massacre protestors" bit.

On that note, I liked the little touches at the end of the episode (the offering left at her station, the student writing her name). Kudelia isn't the only one who misses her. :unsmith:

I also liked Mika's initial reaction when Atra told him to comfort Kudelia. I think that's the first time we've heard uncertainty in his voice in the entire series. :3:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I half-expected him to show up during the offer proposal scene for some added comedy, but nope, they avoided resorting to that. And then they followed it up by outing McGillis to everyone instead of dancing around it until like, the final episode of the series. This show. :allears:

Also that was a lovely ending scene. Atra really is great at keeping things together. :unsmith:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That was a really good episode overall. Mika owns a lot, Kudelia is down things. Not really feeling the new villain but I've sort of solidified on the idea I won't like any IBO villain so that's fine. Mika instantly calling out chocolate man was fantastic.

That said, does it feel like the show has kinda lost interest in Orga? He's gotten scenes but it feels like he just doesn't do very much these days besides stand around and respond to things and Mika's thing with Kudelia seems way more on the forefront of the plot for about as long as I can remember. Not that I can complain because I think their interaction is a lot more interesting. The subtle little thing where Mika discovered that Kudelia was shaking and putting on a false face and how he seemed to instantly connect it to him doing that himself earlier was a really nice thing.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans - It's harems all the way down

Also Atra continues to be the best. :3: Her face when Kudelia starts crying was hilarious.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
A lot of of the first dozen episodes were based around Orga learning to be a leader. The middle arc is where Kudelia learns to fight what's truly worth a revolution. I'm sure the last arc will either focus on Mika or culminate in a mix of the former two.

Or the 2nd season option, which becomes more likely every week.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Tae posted:

Or the 2nd season option, which becomes more likely every week.

It does seem a lot more likely now that we're going to end up with a second season focused on the fallout from her reaching Earth and starting negotiations. They've invested an awful lot into establishing the setting over the course of 18 episodes and it seems unlikely they're going to just wrap everything up in the next 7 or 8 we have left. We're 2/3rds of the way through and they haven't even reached Earth proper yet.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

They'd do better to tell their story and then get out so we don't get 00 again.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
This show is great because it has a helluva main character.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Midjack posted:

They'd do better to tell their story and then get out so we don't get 00 again.

00 seemed like it was pretty clearly supposed to continue on to a second season unless the original ending was supposed to omit ribbons and just have Setsuna kill off the evil of the world and hooray world peace now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caros posted:

00 seemed like it was pretty clearly supposed to continue on to a second season unless the original ending was supposed to omit ribbons and just have Setsuna kill off the evil of the world and hooray world peace now.

00 was always intended to be two seasons, I think they mean "it will be a split season with a gap in-between which means tons of executive meddling ala 00 and Geass."

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

That was a really good episode overall. Mika owns a lot, Kudelia is down things. Not really feeling the new villain but I've sort of solidified on the idea I won't like any IBO villain so that's fine. Mika instantly calling out chocolate man was fantastic.

That said, does it feel like the show has kinda lost interest in Orga? He's gotten scenes but it feels like he just doesn't do very much these days besides stand around and respond to things and Mika's thing with Kudelia seems way more on the forefront of the plot for about as long as I can remember. Not that I can complain because I think their interaction is a lot more interesting. The subtle little thing where Mika discovered that Kudelia was shaking and putting on a false face and how he seemed to instantly connect it to him doing that himself earlier was a really nice thing.

Later, during the trio's conversation he looks at his hand while trying to explain himself too. I know this has been said a billion times already but Mika says a lot with gestures rather than words and that's great.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GimmickMan posted:

Later, during the trio's conversation he looks at his hand while trying to explain himself too. I know this has been said a billion times already but Mika says a lot with gestures rather than words and that's great.

Yeah, Mika is really a very visual character and if you just looked at his lines you'd get a very different image of who he is compared to the small body language touches they give him.

I also admit that I was deeply amused at how he had to float off the ground to be at hugging height for Kudelia.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

00 was always intended to be two seasons, I think they mean "it will be a split season with a gap in-between which means tons of executive meddling ala 00 and Geass."

Partly that but the bigger threat is if they had planned a story to run 26 episodes and then all of a sudden have to drag it out more there are going to be a lot of ugly patches.

Then again I'm always happier with a smaller amount of something I really like than a larger amount of an inferior thing so I'm awful to market to. :cheerdoge:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh my god, Atra is so great.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

a kitten posted:

Oh my god, Atra is so great.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ImpAtom posted:

I hope IBO gets a second season, but no break. Same idea and tonal shift as Zeta to ZZ

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

I hope IBO gets a second season, but no break. Same idea and tonal shift as Zeta to ZZ

gently caress no.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

Yeah, because what this series needs is a bunch of adults pelting the Isaribi with tomatoes while Ein tries to steal the Barbatos.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

This sure is a boom boom boom post

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I liked that we finally have an explanation of why Ein is so devoted to avenging Crank.

bondster
May 6, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

I liked that we finally have an explanation of why Ein is so devoted to avenging Crank.

I wished we got this characterization a long time ago. At this point I dont give a poo poo about anything to do with Ein.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The episode name is pretty loving apt

From Kudelia stopping an entire armada with a speech to Mika instantly realizing who the masked man is it all comes down to just that one detail.

Mika calls him out when he walks up, before the masked guy even says a word.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Midjack posted:

Mika calls him out when he walks up, before the masked guy even says a word.

Im pretty sure Mika was in the room when the initial transmition happened.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im pretty sure Mika was in the room when the initial transmition happened.

He was.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

I'd be down with a tonal shift like that instead of what a second season would likely have

Since if IBO does get a second season the most likely outcome is a big war breaking out and that's just not as interesting to me as what we've been going through so far.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Another really good episode.

ImpAtom posted:

I also admit that I was deeply amused at how he had to float off the ground to be at hugging height for Kudelia.

The first thing this made me think about was that George Costanza line about wanting to climb really tall women.

Jason Alexander should play Mikazuki in the English dub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009
The best part was that everyone knew who Mika was referring to.

• Locked thread