Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I got the Malachai kill so I am pretty happy. All of A4 was really tense though because the clouds just do so much damage. I killed Malachai at level 44 with 3k life and capped resists, but a cloud would still kill me if I stood in it for more than a few seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

yeah the boss rights (with the exception of voll) in act 4 were pretty bullshit.

I think daresso and piety were the worst. Funnily enough when you are build this tanky and have gear this good the bosses themsevels ain't poo poo, it's the clouds of cumulofuckyou everywhere that made poo poo a pain.

Still, got my kill.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Got killed in the first part of Daresso's. Every goddamn tunnel was packed with icenadoes so if anything else came by I was already out of pots and rip.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I had whirling blades and was using blade vortex and bladefall for dps (depending on how close I could get) so staying the gently caress away from those clouds wasn't the hardest thing to do.

I did nearly die in the snakey tunnles in the harvest a couple of times tho.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Yeah my closest calls were A4 Piety, a few times in the Harvest, and one time in the loving Mines because a friend of mine in voice chat asked me a question and when I went to put my headset on a cloud spawned on me. I went dual Flame Totem + Searing Bond BM Marauder and just got nothing but life nodes.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I am well and truly surprised, still, that I made it through the corrupt Piety fight. That was some real grade A bullshit.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Died on the way to a4 piety. W/e got my staff cause I have been doing other races. Might try for belt. I probably should have farmed dried lakes some as I was like level 37 with 900 hp and 300 energy shield dual flame totem but I did have capped resists!

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011
Anyone got their Points? I'm still on the pre 24 hour race score.
Got into Act 3 before I stopped (did not die), but it was the second Char. not shure if thats Messing it up.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Korwin posted:

Got into Act 3 before I stopped (did not die), but it was the second Char. not shure if thats Messing it up.

It's gonna take a while like 1000 people completed or something stupid.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
I'm not too happy about my detonate dead death, since I did think I could've killed Malachai. Just needed to shore up the fire resistance, otherwise had 1.4k HP, 1.2k tooltip tornado shot, and adequate evasion.

Oh well.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
So I last played this game waaay back in beta, but I never got beyond act 2 so I'm still essentially a new player, looking for advice on my build and some more general questions.

Currently, I'm building an elementalist witch but I don't know which element/spell to focus on, so right now my skill layout is nothing but life and energy shield nodes, with plans to fill in the specific elemental nodes later.

- Is mixing energy shield and life in a build like this viable, or should it generally be one or the other?
- By when should I have decided my specific element build, ie, when will mob HP outstrip what basic gems and equipment can do damage-wise
- Ghost Reaver seems to be really good if life leech on spells is a common thing at all, gonna assume it is.
- Zealot's Oath any good at just one point out of my way?
- elemental resistances is mostly from gear and not the passive tree from the looks of it

Seems like this league is ending with the new expansion anyway though so I may end rolling a new character in a month anyway.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Korwin posted:

no points, for anyone it seems: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/44ftey/i_only_got_1_point_for_the_arctic_boss_race_and/

I saw my dude in void and deleted him as always, but later saw I got no points

I literally get nothing for 6 hours of playing because the character being in the fallback league doesn't actually matter

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

The Real Foogla posted:

no points, for anyone it seems: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/44ftey/i_only_got_1_point_for_the_arctic_boss_race_and/

I literally get nothing for 6 hours of playing because the character being in the fallback league doesn't actually matter

Never delete race characters until after you get points. Warns you against this right on the standard racing rules page, and has always been like that. If you get nothing it's your own fault.

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Feb 7, 2016

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
looks like enough people deleted their characters that they might do something

quote:

I received a lot of emails about this, so I'll make sure that we fix it up as best as we can. I haven't personally looked into what went wrong yet. If people have deleted their characters, we'll try to recover the information from logs. It's time-consuming but will hopefully be possible. Unfortunately because today is Sunday and tomorrow is an NZ public holiday, the earliest our server guys can investigate is Tuesday NZT. Sorry for the delay!

Manyorcas posted:

So I last played this game waaay back in beta, but I never got beyond act 2 so I'm still essentially a new player, looking for advice on my build and some more general questions.

Currently, I'm building an elementalist witch but I don't know which element/spell to focus on, so right now my skill layout is nothing but life and energy shield nodes, with plans to fill in the specific elemental nodes later.

- Is mixing energy shield and life in a build like this viable, or should it generally be one or the other?
- By when should I have decided my specific element build, ie, when will mob HP outstrip what basic gems and equipment can do damage-wise
- Ghost Reaver seems to be really good if life leech on spells is a common thing at all, gonna assume it is.
- Zealot's Oath any good at just one point out of my way?
- elemental resistances is mostly from gear and not the passive tree from the looks of it

Seems like this league is ending with the new expansion anyway though so I may end rolling a new character in a month anyway.

from experience, you'll start having trouble with pacing around A4M Dried Lake.

with leech, in particular, you need hefty damage to be leeching anything. Leech is not common on spells alone but you can use a life leech gem.

hybrid life+ES is indeed viable. It's also expensive, though, not usually advised for new characters (because you need items that provide a good amount of both life and ES, enough to survive chaos damage) - arguably it's even more expensive than pure ES. You might not have as much trouble with this, since you've taken a huge amount of ES and life passives. But your damage will suffer, and with it, you're going to have trouble leeching.

ronya fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 7, 2016

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
e: dp

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

ronya posted:

from experience, you'll start having trouble with pacing around A4M Dried Lake.

with leech, in particular, you need hefty damage to be leeching anything. Leech is not common on spells alone but you can use a life leech gem.

hybrid life+ES is indeed viable. It's also expensive, though, not usually advised for new characters (because you need items that provide a good amount of both life and ES, enough to survive chaos damage) - arguably it's even more expensive than pure ES. You might not have as much trouble with this, since you've taken a huge amount of ES and life passives. But your damage will suffer, and with it, you're going to have trouble leeching.

Perfect, thank you! I kind of went "If most new players accidentally take too few survivability passives so let's go to the opposite extreme", so I'll probably just cut out all the ES now. 150%ish was the target I remember seeing in cursory google searches so it seems my life nodes were good enough already, so now I can grab passives that are actually fun too :toot:

That actually didn't cut out as many points as I thought it would, but those 15 points is probably the difference between getting damage bonuses on time for the hard parts or not.

Edit: Something that just clicked for me: Since I don't have any particular spell I know I want, I can grab Elemental Equilibrium and go for spells in all 3 elements! I think I just "Got" this skill tree thing for real now.

Manyorcas fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Feb 7, 2016

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

People (me for instance) also haven't gotten points from that race despite being very careful to avoid deleting the character.

Something pretty big hosed up somewhere with this. Hopefully it gets worked out.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

This race was a pretty big deal so I am not worried about GGG making things right, it might just take a few days to get it sorted out.

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011

The Real Foogla posted:

Oh, did'nt delet my Char.

Edit:
On another note, found Nomic's Storm (normal Talisman) and loving loving those boots.
I think I'm getting addicted to their 40% movement Speed. Those might be an reason to start trading.
How much would they cost, if I want to buy them?
Are there better (faster) boots out there?

Korwin fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Feb 7, 2016

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb
Nomic's Storms are common and also kinda bad. They're OK for leveling but IMO Wanderlusts are better for that. And any actual > 20% MS boots are better since they won't have the damage taken penalty nor have half the speed disappear in fights.

Cheapest ones listed on TSC are at 1 alt. Cheapest online at time of posting were 2 alts. So practically nothing. I'd expect an alch or two on day 1 of a new league.

If you want to go fast all the time, make a bow build that has a good excuse to grab all the movement speed nodes around Ranger.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Or get yourself a Perandus Blazon and a Perpetual Quicksilver of Adrenaline.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
Nomic's Storms are the best boots you can have whilst levelling, for the sole and incontestable benefit of 40% movement speed in towns. Sadly, boots do not get any faster.

Once you are mapping regularly from your HO, you can ditch em. Most of the time that matters, your ES bulb is not full. And outside towns, if gottagofast matters to you, just whirling blades your way about.

ronya fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Feb 7, 2016

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011
Yeah I am still in the Leveling phase (with all my Characters).

Btw anyone else got their race reward two times?
Since I am so bad it's only the quiver for me but anyway...

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Korwin posted:

Yeah I am still in the Leveling phase (with all my Characters).

Btw anyone else got their race reward two times?
Since I am so bad it's only the quiver for me but anyway...

every point is also a ticket to some extra lottery of rings and quivers, so grats!

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011

The Real Foogla posted:

every point is also a ticket to some extra lottery of rings and quivers, so grats!
Not shure this is the case here, unless in the lottery was the 10 Point reward from the Race?
Got the same quiver again...?

I assumed it was caused by the troubleshooting from the 24 hour race regarding the missing points...

Edit: I'm an idiot and you are right. Instead of further assuming I looked into the Forum and there:

quote:

Alternate Art Asphyxia's Wrath Unique Item (50 available to be won)

Korwin fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Feb 7, 2016

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Gambling via crafting is so stupid, but I can never resist the temptation.

Found a 320 ES shield with 95% crit, +1% block, 2 open slots. Scrap it, threw a divine on it, now it's a 401 ES shield with 89% crit, +3% block, still 2 open slots (prefix and suffix). Cool! poe.trade suggests maybe 6 ex on tali hc. "But!" I wonder, "what if I crafted cast speed and then managed to yolo ex high spell damage! At that point it's nearly mirror worthy!"

Of course my exalt results in 32 mana. Oh well, still a nice shield. I'll probably just throw it on my stupid glacial cascader when she levels up a bit.

e: and yes, I probably should have reversed the order of master crafting and exalting. But I wanted it all, dammit, and since you can't craft shield spell damage...

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Feb 7, 2016

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

It's only stupid because currency drop rates are so low.

Which sucks because it's fun to use currency.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
my problem is getting fusings.. the only reliable way is to farm jewelers are buy it off vorici.

I've been trying to buy 105 fuses for 1 exalt and 20 fuses for 10 chaos but no one is selling most of the time. It's aggravating.

Burno
Aug 6, 2012

TipsyMcStagger posted:

my problem is getting fusings.. the only reliable way is to farm jewelers are buy it off vorici.

I've been trying to buy 105 fuses for 1 exalt and 20 fuses for 10 chaos but no one is selling most of the time. It's aggravating.

http://currency.poe.trade/

Maybe your ratios are off, a quick look at Talisman, Talisman HC, and Standard and your ratios don't fit any of them for fusing:ex

J
Jun 10, 2001

Burno posted:

http://currency.poe.trade/

Maybe your ratios are off, a quick look at Talisman, Talisman HC, and Standard and your ratios don't fit any of them for fusing:ex

I haven't played in a while so I'm not familiar with current ratios enough to tell just by looking, but are enough people using currency.poe.trade now to make it a decent option? When I was trying to use it earlier in talisman league the only offers posted were terrible scam ratios.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
There's a bunch of guys on right now on talisman sc selling 125 fusings for 1 ex.

edit: My bad. Input that the wrong way around. It's 121 fuse for 1 ex.

Burno
Aug 6, 2012

J posted:

I haven't played in a while so I'm not familiar with current ratios enough to tell just by looking, but are enough people using currency.poe.trade now to make it a decent option? When I was trying to use it earlier in talisman league the only offers posted were terrible scam ratios.

I do most of my trading through there for common things, like ex:alt, ex:fusings, ex:chaos, chaos:fusings - but if you have a trade you want to do where there's only like 2 listings - say mirror:chaos or something crazy, its probably better to monitor trade chat and figure out the ratio yourself.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Hey guys, I'm looking for build/gear advice. I have about 2 exalts to spend on gear upgrades (lucky kaom's heart drop), or to spend on respeccing to grab Swagger or crit or something else. Where would you spend your money? I'm 3% low on fire res, and I think I need some accuracy on my gear too.

http://poeurl.com/wrQ is my skilltree, http://poeurl.com/wrS is my character (let me know if this doesn't work, the name is SlowMeatball) and I am sorta mostly following this guide https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1370731/page/1

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
I'd socket all my gear and set up full CWDT effects. You're missing a lot.

That won't cost 2ex, of course...

e: in other news, followed a mjolner passive tree so carefully that I failed to notice that the designer is using an Atziri's Acuity (which he mentions as an option). Needless to say, I do not have an Acuity. Now in an attribute jam. Time to shop carefully for rares, I guess.

e#2: thank god for crafting. Some careful adjustment later I have capped res despite underlevelled purities and a Saffel's.

e#3: aaaand I missed note of some rares in a remove-only tab. Time to spend another scour.

ronya fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Feb 8, 2016

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Ok, so I did that. I have to level one of my CWDT gems so it can cast the golem and IC, but other than that it's going. I also added Hatred for easy maps, and HoA for harder ones (I can't run Hatred, Blasphemy, and AA together, so I drop AA for Hatred). Still looking for gear advice, it's hard for me to tell which of my pieces are easiest to replace, and I think I'll probably have to replace 2 at a time in any case.

J
Jun 10, 2001

pork never goes bad posted:

Ok, so I did that. I have to level one of my CWDT gems so it can cast the golem and IC, but other than that it's going. I also added Hatred for easy maps, and HoA for harder ones (I can't run Hatred, Blasphemy, and AA together, so I drop AA for Hatred). Still looking for gear advice, it's hard for me to tell which of my pieces are easiest to replace, and I think I'll probably have to replace 2 at a time in any case.

Just quickly eyeballing it, it does look like you're in a spot where you're going to have to replace multiple things at once. It looks like your belt and gloves with those huge +str rolls are covering your gem stat requirements. When you replace them, you really want +life on those slots but will need to make sure you have enough strength, so keep that in mind when picking out upgrades. But also, you'll want to upgrade to a lightning coil at some point too, which is going to put your resistances in a tough spot, particularly lightning resist. What you want to try to avoid is replacing gloves and belt, then getting a lightning coil later and realizing you need to replace the gloves and belt again. Unfortunately it looks like that build only picks up 2 jewel slots, which are a cheap and easy way to plug resist holes.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Cool, thanks. I'm close to 2 more, so I could get a total of 3 easily. I think actually buying gems will be the next thing to do. Then I can save for coil.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
I've got my points from the artic boss kill, so hopefully everyone else does as well.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

theres a templar ascendancy class which gets +2 totems, is 4 spark totems going to be a thing? also does the "less" damage on totems also apply to minions? i am also thinking 4 raging spirit totems maybe with the minion explode on death passive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011

Bugsy posted:

I've got my points from the artic boss kill, so hopefully everyone else does as well.
Got mine too. (I did not delete my chars.)

• Locked thread