Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

meatpimp posted:

What do I need to look for in buying a 2002 MR2 Spyder with ~40k miles? Any common problems/failures?

Which transmission?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

PaintVagrant posted:

The various imgur apps are garbage.

Imgur coding is worse than the forums, garbage in garbage out.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

some texas redneck posted:

I prefer r/gaybrosgonewild, thank you very much.
You would.
(since you are gay, after all)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

CharlesM posted:

Which transmission?

Manual, idk if it's 5 or 6 speed, haven't looked that much into them...

Edit: nevermind. Typical craigslist, where a "second owner, no accident" car turns into a "5 owner, 2 accident" car after checking title and Autocheck. D:

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Feb 7, 2016

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Woke up to a leak under the kitchen counter this morning. Sink is countersunk in granite. Can't wait pull the plumbing so i can contort my fat rear end underneath the sink and behind it.

YAY!

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tide posted:

Woke up to a leak under the kitchen counter this morning. Sink is countersunk in granite. Can't wait pull the plumbing so i can contort my fat rear end underneath the sink and behind it.

YAY!

I woke up to a dog barfing next to the bed, and my in laws landing in 4 hours.

Trade you :v:

Sidenote, but Safeway kona blend coffee is loving delicious for the price. Trying to stop drinking so many energy drinks and went back to coffee, picked this up cause it's like 6 bucks and yum.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
I hate posting stuff to sell online. CL, SA Mart, you name it. Now I'm going to obsessively refresh my email and the forums to see if there's any response. GIMME ALL YOUR drat MONEY.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
I just got a sweet set of 16x7 alloy wheels for $75 on Craigslist from some nice old man. Had to drive 45 minutes but gently caress it, worth it.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Tide posted:

Suburb?

Anyway. The whole welfare queen thing is primarily a Southern thing, I think. And it's a matter of perception. There's an equal number of whites as blacks on the system. Blacks are just more...theatrical? LOL...Can't think of a better word, so the impression is different. The black welfare queen drives her blinged out leased Escalade with the rent-a-rims to the govt housing, the white welfare queen drives her blinged out leased Tahoe to his trailer park.

The 100K figure is his salary, plus what it would cost to buy/drive the company car, plus the cost of the insurance, and everything else. And it's probably a little bit low considering what our company pays for insurance for each employee. The total package. His actual salary would have been 58,273 before taxes, etc.

Or maybe the guy's just worried about not keeping the job long term. A lot of the poo poo you're offering is nice... if you are drat sure you're not going to get downsized next year, and be out your transportation, insyrabce, salary, -and- be starting the often year long process to get back on benefits from scratch.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

meatpimp posted:

There is good content on reddit and those of you that disavow it completely are either bandwagoning or myopic. Yes, there's a lot of poo poo on reddit but... there's a lot of poo poo in the SA forums too, even aside from my posting.

For instance: https://www.reddit.com/r/justrolledintotheshop/ Edit: It's lovely today, full of stupid cat pics, but during the week, it's pretty well filled with random car fuckups that are often interesting/enteraining.

Who gives a gently caress when its truly brain destroying to read? I literally cant understand why anyone puts up with such a lousy layout for a second. I dont care if there is any good content and frankly I dispute there is anything worthwhile esp given I could find it much easier in places that are not layed out by morons.

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST
Hey, do you kids want to see what the bed of a free F250 that spent it's life in Newfoundland looks like?

:fap:

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Cage posted:

Reddit is a bad internet website.

I think it was Rhyno that first posted this, but I feel like it is still my preferred response to anything Reddit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

But hey, at least they aren't here!

meatpimp posted:

What do I need to look for in buying a 2002 MR2 Spyder with ~40k miles? Any common problems/failures?

I owned one for... two years I think? Back in 2006/2007. I managed a cheap buy on TRDs full suspension package and installed super lightweight 15s, a full PPE exhaust and some fancy intake tube. I then somehow convinced my wife to road trip it with me from Seattle to LA and while it wasn't the most comfortable car, driving with speed through the mountains of southern Oregon and Northern California at 7am in the morning as the sun came up is something I'll remember for the rest of my life.

Condition of the precats is the biggest problem area that I remember as there was an issue in early years (<03 I think) where they liked to disintegrate and get sucked into the engine causing oil consumption and eventually kablamo. Ignorance of the issue in the seller would be a red flag IMO and I think many early engines were replaced under warranty. Otherwise, enjoy your great handling, but gutless midship! Consider getting appropriate MRS badges because they're JDM cool. If it's really cheap you could look at a 2ZZ swap which should have been an option in the first place.

Back then spyderchat had the most reference info, though I think it was a bit of a cesspool.

SlimManFat posted:

Hey, do you kids want to see what the bed of a free F250 that spent it's life in Newfoundland looks like?

:fap:

Free as in you're free to cry yourself to sleep at night?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Come in for lunch, it's going to be crazy busy they said.

We'll even give you a $25 gas card, they said.

Welp, morning dispatcher was an hour late to work. Not that it would have mattered much, I've only had 3 orders since 11 (and somehow I'm already 2 cities away from home). Been sitting in my car for the past 30 minutes picking at a bowl I grabbed from Chipotle. At least it's a really nice day to be out!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
So this happened this weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgqmKfZ75R8

Look familiar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqBwatj4r7w

That cars & coffee has to be getting shut down.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
Going back a few pages, but some of the best fun I have had driving was hammering the poo poo out of my first car, a 1.6 toyota carina e. I know I wrung every last bit out of that car and it could do no faster, and I got a great feel for how much give I could get before it went wild. If I tried that in the a4 I would wrap it round a tree, or a lamp-post or both within a day.

Cakefool posted:

I occasionally get a thing about making a cool looking camper from an old van, but even beyond-kevbarlas-levels-of-rusty old commercials are stupid money sadly.

It's a future plan for me and the missis, and I follow a few FB groups for people making/refurbing campers and caravans- when you are stripping the whole thing apart, spending a few days learning to grind out and weld up bits seems routine- people make some amazing stuff by getting a transit/transporter/sprinter and spending a few months on it, better looking than most commercial vans. That said, most people seem to wait for fleet auctions of delivery vans or ambulances- anything that might have been looked after a bit, rather than a plumbers old transit he simply let rust out.

DesperateDan fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Feb 7, 2016

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Think I found out why my MTB wouldn't change gear any more:

Pretty sure the jockey wheels are supposed to be in-line with each other. :v:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

If you like vidya games and smashing poo poo together this is your reminder to get BeamNG drive.

https://youtu.be/jCbz4gqJgYg

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

DesperateDan posted:

Going back a few pages, but some of the best fun I have had driving was hammering the poo poo out of my first car, a 1.6 toyota carina e. I know I wrung every last bit out of that car and it could do no faster, and I got a great feel for how much give I could get before it went wild. If I tried that in the a4 I would wrap it round a tree, or a lamp-post or both within a day.

It's a future plan for me and the missis, and I follow a few FB groups for people making/refurbing campers and caravans- when you are stripping the whole thing apart, spending a few days learning to grind out and weld up bits seems routine- people make some amazing stuff by getting a transit/transporter/sprinter and spending a few months on it, better looking than most commercial vans. That said, most people seem to wait for fleet auctions of delivery vans or ambulances- anything that might have been looked after a bit, rather than a plumbers old transit he simply let rust out.

Yeah I've seen some amazing conversions, the SBMCC forums seems to be the nexus. I've actually seen one of the vans I read about there in real life, chatted with the guy and he said the only thing he'd change would be starting with something fancier than an iveco, put an old cab on a modern chassis.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Previa_fun posted:

If you like vidya games and smashing poo poo together this is your reminder to get BeamNG drive.

https://youtu.be/jCbz4gqJgYg

:smug:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
I posted in the bike thread too, but on the list of things you don't want to happen while riding....

and when we finished unscrewing the drat thing:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

ilkhan posted:

I posted in the bike thread too, but on the list of things you don't want to happen while riding....

and when we finished unscrewing the drat thing:

That's actually amazing.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

PaintVagrant posted:

Bummer. Surprising nobody has written a good "phone to forums" app or some equivalent. The various imgur apps are garbage.

My solution is this:
code:
[url=http://i.imgur.com/fullsize_version.jpg][img]http://i.imgur.com/version_with_L_on_end.jpg[/img][/url]
This gives you the low-res image in-thread, but if someone clicks on it, it loads full-res into a new tab. You can also just copy/paste imgur's "Linked BBCode" and add an L into their [img] tag's filename, which links to the fullsize image's imgur page instead of direct to the fullsize jpg, but laziness.

Someone should badger whoever makes the Awful app into adding direct imgur upload / pasting of that bbcode as a feature.

cat terrist/interceptor: Hmm. Looks like it'd be about two hours to where you are, and i'm completely knackered from yesterday :( there is good news though, we're probably going to buy a holiday house around here (so i'll be up more often) :sun: :getin:

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

literally a fish posted:

Someone should badger whoever makes the Awful app into adding direct imgur upload / pasting of that bbcode as a feature.

That would be awesome.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
Apologies for the double post... It looks like Awful already has some form of image upload capability.

Let's see how that goes.

E: Okay, it just links direct to hi-rez with a timg tag. Womp womp. Who develops this app anyway? They've already added the upload-to-imgur feature, changing how it pastes the bbcode shouldn't be too hard.

For those of you who don't know it can even do this, compose a post, tap on the text area like you want to copy or paste, then tap on the little arrow on the right. One of the options should now be [img]. It'll let you pick a photo from your on-iPhone library (or take a photo), upload it, and [timg] it for you.

Even without my preferred bbcode this is pretty useful.

literally a fish fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 7, 2016

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

That is better than doing it manually for sure. Good catch, I guess I need to use the awful app more often now.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Cage posted:

So this happened this weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgqmKfZ75R8

Look familiar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqBwatj4r7w

That cars & coffee has to be getting shut down.

Sadly the video has been pulled off Youtube

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mat_Drinks posted:

I think it was Rhyno that first posted this, but I feel like it is still my preferred response to anything Reddit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

I believe I reposted it from another AIer who shared it on Facebook but I will totally take the credit.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Testing the windows phone app imgur thing

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I have an affinity for cheap canned meat despite how bad I know it is for you. Spam, sardines, canned shredded chicken, etc.

Underwood's roast beef spread plus some sharp rear end cheddar makes a drat good lunch sandwich even if it looks like cat food. :v:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

literally a fish posted:

Apologies for the double post... It looks like Awful already has some form of image upload capability.

Let's see how that goes.

E: Okay, it just links direct to hi-rez with a timg tag. Womp womp. Who develops this app anyway? They've already added the upload-to-imgur feature, changing how it pastes the bbcode shouldn't be too hard.

For those of you who don't know it can even do this, compose a post, tap on the text area like you want to copy or paste, then tap on the little arrow on the right. One of the options should now be [img]. It'll let you pick a photo from your on-iPhone library (or take a photo), upload it, and [timg] it for you.

Even without my preferred bbcode this is pretty useful.

A few guys from yospos

That's why yospos has a bunch of alternate themes

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Previa_fun posted:

I have an affinity for cheap canned meat despite how bad I know it is for you. Spam, sardines, canned shredded chicken, etc.

Underwood's roast beef spread plus some sharp rear end cheddar makes a drat good lunch sandwich even if it looks like cat food. :v:

I can't get through a work day without a Cup Noodles and that poo poo is borderline toxic.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Previa_fun posted:

Meat in a can is a disgusting affront to food itself.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Time to watch the Broncos get their rear end kicked :getin:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Previa_fun posted:

Cat food is probably better for you.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Slavvy posted:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

You Am I posted:

Sadly the video has been pulled off Youtube
It was another mustang burning out with too much overcorrection and he jumped a curb.

Heres a jalop link with a gif: http://jalopnik.com/mustang-driver-joins-infamous-club-of-dumb-people-who-w-1757529205

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Previa_fun posted:

Their chicken spread is literally just salted mechanically separated chicken but it's loving delicious on butter crackers.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

#attackthering #TE37s

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Slavvy posted:

gently caress you spam is delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

gently caress the super bowl, 4 hour carryout times with people showing up 30 minutes later and getting pissed off they have to wait. Kill me plz

• Locked thread