Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
hey nota lizard man, do hakweye for me, im not even 60 and have a fuckton of homework to do and i hate writing in LaTeX

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Leveled War Machine to 60, he's nice. Spidey too, now that he got a review he became quite nice to play(didn't like how he "felt" before). Seems quite strong too!

Looking at my roster, seems that i was drunk and bought AP2 someday a long time ago so now i have another bunch of characters to level up, besides the ones i had already.

Can anyone sperg a little a give a status update on the following (in terms of ease-of-use <---> power)

1. Ant-man
2. Black cat
3. Blade
4. Cable (had review?)
5. Deadpool (seems to be good now?)
6. Emma (had review yet?)
7. InvisiMom (had review yet?)
8. IronFist
9. KittyPride
10. Magik
11. Thing (had review yet?)
12. She-Hulk (don't like the playstyle :/)
13. Vision

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Uh, so whats the fastest way to get 55-60? Even stacking every goddamn xp boost I have it takes easily 10+ legendaries to get a level right now.

also what the gently caress is with the side missions in asgard giving literally 1 xp at level 52

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

pokchu posted:

hey nota lizard man, do hakweye for me, im not even 60 and have a fuckton of homework to do and i hate writing in LaTeX

lmao

Already got a sub for ya. You're good.

Cheers.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Hauki posted:

Uh, so whats the fastest way to get 55-60? Even stacking every goddamn xp boost I have it takes easily 10+ legendaries to get a level right now.

also what the gently caress is with the side missions in asgard giving literally 1 xp at level 52

Do a few legendary quests to get to 57, go to ancient rune site, enter. Talk to Heimdal for huge xp, do kurse story term and tunr in quest and you should be 59 or 60. If 59, grab story quest to kill Malekith and do it.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

madstrike posted:

Leveled War Machine to 60, he's nice. Spidey too, now that he got a review he became quite nice to play(didn't like how he "felt" before). Seems quite strong too!

Looking at my roster, seems that i was drunk and bought AP2 someday a long time ago so now i have another bunch of characters to level up, besides the ones i had already.

Can anyone sperg a little a give a status update on the following (in terms of ease-of-use <---> power)

1. Ant-man
2. Black cat
3. Blade
4. Cable (had review?)
8. IronFist
9. KittyPride
10. Magik
13. Vision

Cable and Deadpool are your best bet next I'd say. Both of them have 3-4 viable builds, teleport from level one, great at endgame. I like Cable a little more gameplay wise, but DP has literally no resource to manage. All of your powers are free all the time, don't even need to power them up like with Hulk.

I really like Thing as well. I actually think he does the lighthearted/fun powerset better than deadpool--but in terms of ease of use+power those two are near the top.

Iron Fist (no aoe), Vision (kinda needs to be fully geared out for his playstyle to be fluid) , Magik (melee build only) are also in a good spot with the caveats listed. The rest I'm eh on, although Emma is supposedly due for a quality of life soon but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

madstrike posted:

Do a few legendary quests to get to 57, go to ancient rune site, enter. Talk to Heimdal for huge xp, do kurse story term and tunr in quest and you should be 59 or 60. If 59, grab story quest to kill Malekith and do it.

Rip, I already did this at like 53 I think. You can't repeat story quests right?

Also I was wrong, legendaries are giving me like, half a bar per completion now. And that's including killing poo poo along the way etc.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

madstrike posted:

1. Ant-man
2. Black cat
3. Blade
4. Cable (had review?)
8. IronFist
9. KittyPride
10. Magik
13. Vision
1. Cool flavor on boring powers and playstyle
2. Ant-man without the flavor
3. Pointlessly punitive garbage sub-mechanic you have to engage with to be as strong as many characters can reach trivially. But less annoying to be around than 1. and 2.
4. Pick a specialization and build the skills it tells you to. Congrats you're doin' Great.
5. See Cable, and also you have no resource to manage.
6. No review. No hope. No point.
7. Does nothing you can't do with Scarlet Witch, except keep you from ever buying costumes
8. Kind of 1-3 of this list: Interesting ideas, executed 'ok,' leaves you feeling like he's Super Amazing Great and you just aren't getting it. His AoE is piss and rear end though and this is a diablo-like.
9. Ok? I guess? Also only really has 1.5 actual builds because anything involving Lockheed is stupid and bad
10. Kinda fun but you can do more, better, just playing Doom
11. A very good punchman and his one move that calls in Invisimom is more fun than playing her
12. Play the Hulk if you want someone strong and play Daredevil or Luke Cage if you want someone with combo points. Play She-Hulk if you think the spirit of compromise is no one going home happy.
13. Pretty ok. Has a teleport that restores resources and those are always fun. Also many lasers or heavy-running.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'm probably not gonna manage a time, sadly.

Er, I mean, my time is 3 weeks because the Winter Soldier is a sniper and that is all about patience but every last one of those subway creeps is going down. Eventually. Possibly dying of old age.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

docbeard posted:

I'm probably not gonna manage a time, sadly.

Er, I mean, my time is 3 weeks because the Winter Soldier is a sniper and that is all about patience but every last one of those subway creeps is going down. Eventually. Possibly dying of old age.

Found you a sub too. He was awful.
Cheers.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Eonwe posted:

as someone who has not read many comics someone please suggest some for me to read

im reading age of apocalypse right now

Thor: God of Thunder is the best I've read since getting my Marvel Unlimited subscription.

http://marvel.com/comics/series/16729/thor_god_of_thunder_2012_-_present

Tons of other great stuff there too.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Eonwe posted:

as someone who has not read many comics someone please suggest some for me to read

im reading age of apocalypse right now

Fraction's Hawkeye

Agent Venom

Yost's Scarlet Spider (volume 2)

Ellis' Moon Knight

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Ellis' Moon Knight (issue 5 is the best thing you'll ever read)
Punisher MAX (all of it)
Days of Future Past
Millar's Old Man Logan from 2008, followed by the Secret Wars spinoff
Duggan/Posehn's Deadpool

Maybe read Transmetropolitan as a palate cleanser after all the superheroes

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Yeah, if we're including non-superhero stuff then Sex Criminals is a good ongoing as well

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

pokchu posted:

lmao

suction
Jul 17, 2009
Who are some current popular Gaz programmers besides MichaelMayhem, Asros, and PsiLoke? I need 3 more names

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

suction posted:

Who are some current popular Gaz programmers besides MichaelMayhem, Asros, and PsiLoke? I need 3 more names

Chufmoney, OperationXIV and bentlegiant

Lord is a cool one.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I honestly didn't think there was more than 3.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Can anyone give me advice on how to build a Movement Spidey? I got my Deadpool to 60 and want to play around with another of my characters I've had forever and is "good now".

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

HebrewMagic posted:

Punisher MAX (all of it)

By which you mean "all of Ennis's run", I take it? Because after he left both the story and the art turned to dogshit.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Ghostlight posted:

I honestly didn't think there was more than 3.

honestly I'm pretty sure the only name both suction and ICR listed that is an actual programmer is chufmoney, the rest are designers or artists

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Really feel like I got everything possible out of Loki, tapped that potential.

Actually, I did like 3 runs and submitted the one that I thought seemed least likely to advance without seeming like an obvious throw. I'm counting on the rest of you to not be terrible enough that I still advance. Please don't let me down like Notalizardman did by breaking his blood promise to sub for me. Never trust an anime.

Also, sorry Soskumbo.

Prel fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Feb 8, 2016

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Jedit posted:

By which you mean "all of Ennis's run", I take it? Because after he left both the story and the art turned to dogshit.

Don't poo poo talk Steve Dillon in my household young man

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

12 Remain. Get em in guys. Thanks a ton! Trusting at least KentonP, Drythe, StuntRock and Zodiak as I've talked to them. Sunbro, I pm'd you. Good luck bros.

KentonP Scarlet Witch
mokhu Iceman
Egsunbro Punisher
StuntRock Magneto
Bixxby Ghost Rider
TrueSage Storm
cedricthecat Blade
Drythe Loki
TheEastwatch Daredevil
ZodiakLucien Kitty Pryde
ULTIMATExALLIANCE Jean Grey
Wizdumb Jean Grey

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

ULTIMATExALLIANCE is a pillar of the community so I'm sure he's gonna do what's right.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

jean grey died..... will she return?

no

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

HebrewMagic posted:

Don't poo poo talk Steve Dillon in my household young man
Steve Dillon draws faces with all the effort that this game models Skrull costumes

Excuse me, draws Face

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Weirdly enough 58-60 took way less time (still grinding legendaries) than any of the previous levels did, so I finally hit 60 on Thor. Way, way easier when I can actually do storyline stuff unlike my Storm. Also I accidentally ate a RIF/SIF boost and immediately found several of my endgame uniques including the boots which instantly solved any spirit issues I ever had. What's the best place to head now with a fresh 60? I started going back through the hubs and doing the new stuff that popped up there, but a good chunk of my gear is still pretty poo poo. I'd like to use the omega system, but I have like, 50 points which is enough to maybe tag one thing apparently. I started popping some of the numerous achievement boxes etc. I've accumulated, but literally every one has given me a pile of poo poo for Loki instead. My enchanter and crafter are still only like level 11, I haven't found enough runes to really complete any runewords, and I'm not sure where to go to get good artifacts etc. I've also only found a single relic of atlantis so far despite finding 30+ of every other relic type.

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

Hauki posted:

Weirdly enough 58-60 took way less time (still grinding legendaries) than any of the previous levels did, so I finally hit 60 on Thor. Way, way easier when I can actually do storyline stuff unlike my Storm. Also I accidentally ate a RIF/SIF boost and immediately found several of my endgame uniques including the boots which instantly solved any spirit issues I ever had. What's the best place to head now with a fresh 60? I started going back through the hubs and doing the new stuff that popped up there, but a good chunk of my gear is still pretty poo poo. I'd like to use the omega system, but I have like, 50 points which is enough to maybe tag one thing apparently. I started popping some of the numerous achievement boxes etc. I've accumulated, but literally every one has given me a pile of poo poo for Loki instead. My enchanter and crafter are still only like level 11, I haven't found enough runes to really complete any runewords, and I'm not sure where to go to get good artifacts etc. I've also only found a single relic of atlantis so far despite finding 30+ of every other relic type.

If you go through chapter 10 (unlocks when you hit 60 -- talk to Nick Fury at the Helicarrier hub)far enough to unlock the new Hightown patrol, you can go in there for uniques. Currently, every wave drops at least one unique. You can also do Midtown or Industry City Patrol. Every ICP wave drops a reward box.

Start putting your omega points into the Spin Tech node in the Nanotechnology tree. It takes 470 points to max it, but it's pretty much the starting point for any character.

Go to Hammer Bay and start doing the daily stuff (up to the weekly rep cap) for reputation for the Genosha Liberation Front. One of the npcs at Hammer Bay will give you a buff that gives you rep for every enemy you put down up to the weekly limit (200 rep? i don't remember what the cap is).

You'll want to continue to do legendary quests, as you will need a lot of odin marks for Hela Blessings (100 each -- so 400 per character), and a legendary (300, and when your GLF rep is up, 1000 versions also).

Also, you can go to marvelheroes.info and look at builds and artifact lists, it'll also show what drops them. The builds will show you what artifacts you will generally want. Some of the builds will show alternative artifacts as well.

Lastly, whenever SG chat starts working again, if anyone is running a green or red muspelheim raid, x up and tag along. They are incredibly easy with just a couple geared people, and I don't think anyone in the SG would care if you brought a new or ungeared character to it.

ransome fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Feb 8, 2016

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Yeah, also when sg chat is back up people will sometimes say "X to hail hootler" or "X for ape escape" or something equally obtuse, but they mean that they're at the boss of a long one shot and they'll invite anyone who types "X" in chat to hop in on the kill and get a chance at rare stuff/achievement progress without much work on your part.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ranged Deadpool.

4:46 ttk

Looks like he fucks up rotation a bit. Should be closer to 4:35 by his 22s low dummy and hitting proper rotation.

http://marvelheroes.info/build/33995/

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Prel posted:

Really feel like I got everything possible out of Loki, tapped that potential.

Actually, I did like 3 runs and submitted the one that I thought seemed least likely to advance without seeming like an obvious throw. I'm counting on the rest of you to not be terrible enough that I still advance. Please don't let me down like Notalizardman did by breaking his blood promise to sub for me. Never trust an anime.

Also, sorry Soskumbo.

You got such a good hero and you just throw it all away.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

ransome posted:

If you go through chapter 10 (unlocks when you hit 60 -- talk to Nick Fury at the Helicarrier hub)far enough to unlock the new Hightown patrol, you can go in there for uniques. Currently, every wave drops at least one unique. You can also do Midtown or Industry City Patrol. Every ICP wave drops a reward box.

Start putting your omega points into the Spin Tech node in the Nanotechnology tree. It takes 470 points to max it, but it's pretty much the starting point for any character.

Go to Hammer Bay and start doing the daily stuff (up to the weekly rep cap) for reputation for the Genosha Liberation Front. One of the npcs at Hammer Bay will give you a buff that gives you rep for every enemy you put down up to the weekly limit (200 rep? i don't remember what the cap is).

You'll want to continue to do legendary quests, as you will need a lot of odin marks for Hela Blessings (100 each -- so 400 per character), and a legendary (300, and when your GLF rep is up, 1000 versions also).

Also, you can go to marvelheroes.info and look at builds and artifact lists, it'll also show what drops them. The builds will show you what artifacts you will generally want. Some of the builds will show alternative artifacts as well.

Lastly, whenever SG chat starts working again, if anyone is running a green or red muspelheim raid, x up and tag along. They are incredibly easy with just a couple geared people, and I don't think anyone in the SG would care if you brought a new or ungeared character to it.

Awesome, thanks for all the info.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
So I finally reinstalled after a year off, and it's pretty much the same except for the new stuff. Pretty cool how they keep giving us new stuff.

Why the holy hell does team-up Magik have a Jamaican accent or whatever? Is this some gawd-awful attempt at a Russian accent? Or did Mr. Gaz offer the girl at the corner bodega a voice acting gig in exchange for a blowjob?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

You got it. It was for a picnic basket, though.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Hot dogs. It was for hot dogs.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

What's the fastest way to hit 60 from 46? I want to get Wanda a full set of uniques before Gaz realizes that one unique per 2 minutes is too much. Do I have to go through Chap 10 with each character to get Hightown, or just 1? gently caress the Nick Fury fight.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

22 Eargesplitten posted:

What's the fastest way to hit 60 from 46?

Go to storymode and kill Sinister, turn in quest. Do Mandy + the quest just inside his instance, do MODOK + ditto. If you have a teleport you can do Doom now, if not get a zig at level 54 and do him then. Ch9 talk to Heimdall, kill Kurse, kill Malekith, kill Loki, if you aren't 60 yet do a couple LQs or MM or ICP.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

What's the fastest way to hit 60 from 46? I want to get Wanda a full set of uniques before Gaz realizes that one unique per 2 minutes is too much. Do I have to go through Chap 10 with each character to get Hightown, or just 1? gently caress the Nick Fury fight.
46->60: AIM Facility, Hydra Island, Castle Doom, Ruin Site (go through portal, talk to Heimdall), do Ch 9 stuff (Kurse, Malekith, Loki). If you aren't 60 do an LQ or two.

Also no you just need to do Ch10 once to unlock it account-wide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!

22 Eargesplitten posted:

What they said.

• Locked thread