Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

literally a fish posted:

Apologies for the double post... It looks like Awful already has some form of image upload capability.

Let's see how that goes.

E: Okay, it just links direct to hi-rez with a timg tag. Womp womp. Who develops this app anyway? They've already added the upload-to-imgur feature, changing how it pastes the bbcode shouldn't be too hard.

For those of you who don't know it can even do this, compose a post, tap on the text area like you want to copy or paste, then tap on the little arrow on the right. One of the options should now be [img]. It'll let you pick a photo from your on-iPhone library (or take a photo), upload it, and [timg] it for you.

Even without my preferred bbcode this is pretty useful.
Isn't that the point of the timg tag?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I ate so much food (cannoli cake) earlier for my bro's birthday that I am too full to enjoy the plethora of Super Bowl food.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Cat food is probably better for you.

Depends on the cat food. Ol' Roy vs Solid Gold is literally recycled road-kill versus Zagat 5 star whatever, respectively.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Refs are bad

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Tusen Takk posted:

Refs are bad
Yeah that was a bad no-reversal call.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Dear lord American football is boring.

Do college matches have this many breaks to stand around and do nothing or is it just the big leagues? This is like gameshow levels of stringing it out for time. Advert advert advert advert advert 30 seconds of play, advert, crap commentary, advert, 30 seconds of play, advert...

Like listening to happy hardcore requires a plethora of mind altering substances to enjoy, does American football require similarly mind altering levels of booze or what? It seems the appeal right now is adverts??

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

What the hell _is_ Cars and Coffee? I only ever hear about in with regard to people smashing their mildly expensive poo poo into solid objects / other people's cars.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

88h88 posted:

Do college matches have this many breaks to stand around and do nothing or is it just the big leagues? This is like gameshow levels of stringing it out for time. Advert advert advert advert advert 30 seconds of play, advert, crap commentary, advert, 30 seconds of play, advert...

Like listening to happy hardcore requires a plethora of mind altering substances to enjoy, does American football require similarly mind altering levels of booze or what? It seems the appeal right now is adverts??

The Super Bowl is the largest advertising opportunity of the year. It's by far the worst offender.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Safety Dance posted:

What the hell _is_ Cars and Coffee? I only ever hear about in with regard to people smashing their mildly expensive poo poo into solid objects / other people's cars.

It started as an enthusiast gathering, usually in the parking lots of coffee shops. Now it's overrun with assholes and douchebags who want to show off and rub their car in everyone's faces. And there's a splinter group that didn't like the "don't be an rear end in a top hat" guidelines called "Caffeine and Octanes" or some other retarded variations where being oval office is encouraged.

Also this game sucks and the commercials have all been poo poo so far.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Also this game sucks and the commercials have all been poo poo so far.
There have been a couple good commercials already.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

88h88 posted:

Do college matches have this many breaks to stand around and do nothing or is it just the big leagues? This is like gameshow levels of stringing it out for time. Advert advert advert advert advert 30 seconds of play, crap commentary, advert, 30 seconds of play, advert...

The average NFL game has a whopping eleven minutes of actual game play. http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/pie-chart-actual-football-watching-nfl-game-vs-replays-commercials-etc/

That's why I don't watch, also I don't care much for sports aside from playoff hockey and auto racing.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

sharkytm posted:

The average NFL game has a whopping eleven minutes of actual game play. http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/pie-chart-actual-football-watching-nfl-game-vs-replays-commercials-etc/

That's why I don't watch, also I don't care much for sports aside from playoff hockey and auto racing.

Why do you even watch this poo poo? I was in an NY pizza place the other day that have NFL/highschool football playing constantly on their screens and it was like torture wondering when the actual sport happens. I'm not particularly into sports but I've never gotten the same sensation watching basketball, football, rugby etc.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ilkhan posted:

There have been a couple good commercials already.

Movie trailers don't count.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Does anyone else hear that 1 dude in the crowd screamibg WOOOOOO after every play? We are all cracking up.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Slavvy posted:

Why do you even watch this poo poo? I was in an NY pizza place the other day that have NFL/highschool football playing constantly on their screens and it was like torture wondering when the actual sport happens. I'm not particularly into sports but I've never gotten the same sensation watching basketball, football, rugby etc.

Why do y'all watch cricket?

And honestly because we're raised with it, and it used to be better. It has gotten so much worse in the last 10-15 years.

I basically just watch hockey now. And racing.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

God I hate comic book movie commercials

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Safety Dance posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_GJGLy3EVE

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Slavvy posted:

I legitimately tried to get into it last year and lasted three quarters of a game. It has to be a recent thing where they just stuff in as many commercials as possible. I mean jesus I love watching baseball and I struggled with the pacing of the game. I feel bad for you guys who grew up watching it and now have to deal with what it has become now.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Everyone driving in the Prius commercial was from season 2 of The Wire.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, eat a dick Toyota, still not buying a Prius.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Movie trailers don't count.
Audi and Hyundai both had good ones.

And that was not the Prius commercial we saw earlier. You know, putting out a commercial just before the superbowl, and not paying for coverage on it but on a different one would be great for SEO.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I think football is pretty entertaining to watch most of the time. College football can get a little drawn out on tv though. They've actively tried to speed up nfl games with rules about stopping the clock and commercials, but big college games just seem to go on forever. Also the end of the pga tour today was pretty good. it's right down the street but we didn't go watch.

Anyhow, here are my recipes of the things I've made today.

Margarita:

3 oz good tequila, preferably anejo. I'm using an anejo called el padrino, which I think might be a total wine store brand. it was like $26.
1 oz grand marinier
splash of triple sec
2 oz lime mix - using stirrings brand simple margarita key lime mix. has 5.3g sugar per oz. less sugar = better
juice from one lime

Just shaking them in ice and serving on the rocks. I like salt on the rim of the glass. Don't have any cointrau or I would have a bit of that in there too. Will have to re-work the recipe a bit when we get around to buying a bottle, which is really expensive for some reason.

Guacamole:

4 ripe avocados
~1/2 thick big slice of a red onion
1 roma tomato, no seeds
2/3rd of a small jalpeno, no seeds
bit of cilantro
juice from less than 1/2 a lime
decent amount of salt
little bit of chili and/or cayenne pepper
optional - tiny amount of garlic salt

spoon the avocado in some big chunks, then dice the poo poo out of the onion, tomato, cilantro, and jalepeno. Add the seasonings, mix around with the spoon a bit, slice up with a knife, and mix a bit more. it should be reasonably chunky.

jamal fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Feb 8, 2016

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

iwentdoodie posted:

Why do y'all watch cricket?

Which format? 5 day Test snoozefest that you either use to chillax or have as background noise, ODI that has a somewhat faster pace but still gives you time to have a beer and a piss or T20 which is utterly frenetic and doesn't give you a second to fart?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3OwXfizZLo

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Which format? 5 day Test snoozefest that you either use to chillax or have as background noise, ODI that has a somewhat faster pace but still gives you time to have a beer and a piss or T20 which is utterly frenetic and doesn't give you a second to fart?

Cricket is tedious garbage too, sorry. I'm told it's a lot better if you're actually there and in the crowd getting drunk or whatever but on a screen it may as well be team golf.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Any of them because that poo poo makes zero sense.

Football is boring, but right now it's keeping my in laws quiet so I'll take it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Snickers commercial with Willem Dafoe was funny, dunno if that was new or not.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Slavvy posted:

Cricket is tedious garbage too, sorry. I'm told it's a lot better if you're actually there and in the crowd getting drunk or whatever but on a screen it may as well be team golf.

Unlike Gridiron fans, I'm actually self aware enough that Cricket is a garbage game. However T20 is not tedious even if you have ADHD -That version has a lot more speed in the game and much shorter. I'm not a fan of that format myself but tedious is not an accusation anyone can make on T20.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I agreed to cover a shift today because big whoop superbowl, gimmie money. gently caress this was a bad idea. The worst dregs of humanity came in today while we were trying to do the most bullshit aisle reorder in the store.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Aaaaand just found out a friend died in a wreck last night.

gently caress this year.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Carolina knows they can use the whole width of the field to run, right? Stop trying pound it right up the loving middle.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Tide posted:

When they raised the wages in...Seattle? The people that were all gung ho about the wage increase were all like YAY MORE MONIES!! then they found out their increase in income caused them to lose their welfare benefits and then were all like NO! I CAN ONLY WORK 12 HOURS A WEEK (OH WAIT AWESOME WOOOHOOO!!!) So what will happen here, our society being what it is, human nature and all that, will earn 15 bucks an hour but work less in order to keep their welfare bennies because ultimately the welfare bennies are worth more. So, their income will be roughly the same (working 20 hours instead of 40) as it was before.

None of this poo poo happened, consider not repeating fox news bullshit without knowing what the gently caress you're talking about. Seattle implemented 15/hr wages but most businesses do not have to implement it for a few more years.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

iwentdoodie posted:

Aaaaand just found out a friend died in a wreck last night.

gently caress this year.

Dude, I'm sorry.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

stevobob posted:

Dude, I'm sorry.

Thanks. Its just loving ridiculous. Two friends in the past month, and 8 people in the last year. Accidents, suicides, and two who were fine and just dropped dead in their sleep.

And people wonder why I have a hard time being happy.

Edit: and every time just having to suck it up and act like nothing is going on, that doesn't help either.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Lol Cam Newton done hosed up. Maybe that will humble him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Lol Cam Newton done hosed up. Maybe that will humble him.

Not likely.

This was the most boring SB I've ever watched and I've sat through them all since 1997.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
I hope Cam Newton wins Super Bowl 51 and daps on a confederate flag for 15 minutes after an extra point

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Previa_fun posted:

Time to watch the Broncos get their rear end kicked :getin:

Whoops.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

My wife washed some bras tonight, so I ran a clothes line across the bedroom for them to dry. I didn't realize they'd be drippy, so I put some towels down underneath them.

Well, short, black, and shithead (pictured below) started sniffling around the towels, and then started attacking the water drops as they hit him. I love these cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

nm posted:

Whoops.

Understatement. :v:

• Locked thread