Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there are like 90,000 new weapons and maps since the last time i played

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

On the curse launcher I believe there's a new skyblock mod pack called Project Ozone now, if your into that.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In my weekend gaming news, Xcom 2 is pissing me off as much as Xcom Within or whatever where it's like the game rolls all the dice at the beginning of a turn for any action you take almost. I guess there's nothing wrong with that but for example just to see what the gently caress is going on I reloaded the same save a bunch of times because at 85%, 74%, 95%, 69%, and so on no matter where I moved a character on the map she missed at even point blank range and got killed the next turn. I might have to turn off the action cam just because it's more infuriating to see it go into dramatic slow motion only for the character to shoot wide by 40 yards from 2 feet away.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

In my weekend gaming news, Xcom 2 is pissing me off as much as Xcom Within or whatever where it's like the game rolls all the dice at the beginning of a turn for any action you take almost. I guess there's nothing wrong with that but for example just to see what the gently caress is going on I reloaded the same save a bunch of times because at 85%, 74%, 95%, 69%, and so on no matter where I moved a character on the map she missed at even point blank range and got killed the next turn. I might have to turn off the action cam just because it's more infuriating to see it go into dramatic slow motion only for the character to shoot wide by 40 yards from 2 feet away.

whenever i feel like playing this style game i remember stuff like this and the feeling passes

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Saints row 1

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Yeah :/

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

you can change it though by performing different actions, like if you move a different character first and have them fire, then that will affect the chances of the one who was missing every shot

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

turtle overwatch ftw!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

you can change it though by performing different actions, like if you move a different character first and have them fire, then that will affect the chances of the one who was missing every shot

Well I get why it's like that and whatever but I'm more just complaining that it's such a motherfucker that on top of missing a shot at point blank and getting murked from clear across the map, realizing the game is basically sealing the fate of your character in the first place lmao.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
are poorly made dice unfairly killing your characters?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Well I get why it's like that and whatever but I'm more just complaining that it's such a motherfucker that on top of missing a shot at point blank and getting murked from clear across the map, realizing the game is basically sealing the fate of your character in the first place lmao.

oh yeah its a total bitch lol. once youy upgrade armor and weapons some so that your dudes cant usually be killed with one hit it evens out a lot, but that feeling of desperation with half your team flanked and needing to reload is so great

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And I wouldn't really say it's that bad other than sometimes the mechanics of the game are a little more obfuscated than I'd like, but it's just it seemed in both these games to always always happen to me at the most crucial and often nonsensical possible moments and I got tired of it real quick with the first one.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah it definitely can get tiring especially when youre in one of these like half hour missions, it seems like they added a lot of items though to make up for the fact that you WILL miss 96% shots, with the experimental ammo and weapon attachments

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

like dragon rounds give bonus damage and burning, and if you have that on a weapon with an advanced stock that lets missed shots still do 2 dmg or whatever, a miss is still like a 4+ dmg hit

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

And I wouldn't really say it's that bad other than sometimes the mechanics of the game are a little more obfuscated than I'd like, but it's just it seemed in both these games to always always happen to me at the most crucial and often nonsensical possible moments and I got tired of it real quick with the first one.

They got rid of the button that lets you view stats/buffs/debuffs of your guys/enemies for no reason and it's pissing me off.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

tumor looking batty posted:

turtle overwatch ftw!

They tried to get rid of this strat in 2 and almost succeeded...I think it can be fully fixed with mods.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Defeated Bowyer in SMRPG. Geno is way better than that piece of poo poo Mallow.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Replaying Paper Mario as well, the far superior game.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Geno is way better than that piece of poo poo Mallow.
Yeah. Mallow is completely outclassed by every other character. He just isn't that good at anything.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mallow is good for one shotting the mobs of shy guys in the first boss fight but that's it

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

mallow is good for one shotting the mobs of shy guys in the first boss fight but that's it

there's a very ambitious romhack that raises the level cap to 50 and adds in a ton of new spells each with unique animations, but the guy who made it didn't understand the concept of "balance" so he changed mallow's first spell to a nerfed version of shocker, which really sucked because almost every mob up to rose town was built on the assumption that you had thunderbolt

also every enemy gave 1exp

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

The White Dragon posted:

there's a very ambitious romhack that raises the level cap to 50 and adds in a ton of new spells each with unique animations, but the guy who made it didn't understand the concept of "balance" so he changed mallow's first spell to a nerfed version of shocker, which really sucked because almost every mob up to rose town was built on the assumption that you had thunderbolt

that sounds gay

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
don't sign your posts

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but yes it does sound very gay

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
my favorite style of post is when other forums ppl come out of nowhere and write paragraphs about some weird obscure game or rom hack or whatever that only they know or care about and talk poo poo on it completely unsolicited

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

The White Dragon posted:

That sounds like poo poo.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

rediscover posted:

my favorite style of post is when other forums ppl come out of nowhere and write paragraphs about some weird obscure game or rom hack or whatever that only they know or care about and talk poo poo on it completely unsolicited

*Lying back and breathing in the win* Mm.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only lovely rom hack I know about is a FF6 one where Kefka says Fuckballs

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

sounds like a win to me

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm watching the Superbowl at Mah cahzin's house but I wanna go home and play more Subnautica.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Saints Row 1 also watching the devs play saints row 1 on YouTube. Mitch Cronin is a boss.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm watching Scarletr0se play Terraria and playing Xcom.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Mitch Cronin showed us how if you zoom in on a guy looking at a nudie mag in a cutscene in Saints Row the producer of the games head is photoshopped onto the nude mag model LOL

Edit: lmfao

Retarded_Clown_ fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Feb 8, 2016

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I got an achievement for completing a Perfect Ambush before the cutscenes even started playing...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Mitch Cronin showed us how if you zoom in on a guy looking at a nudie mag in a cutscene in Saints Row the producer of the games head is photoshopped onto the nude mag model LOL

Edit: lmfao

Lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Alright, I've had enough Xcom for now. I'm wondering if I want to stream some [tips Tardis hat] M'Craft, or try to get back into CSGO, now...

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Playing crawl, because it's fun, and NOT because my new PSU hasn't arrived yet!!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Played some Dark Souls, just started it and I'm getting my rear end whooped by the Taurus demon... I think I'm going to restart as the scimitar guy, they seem more agile and Bloodborne-like.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Played some Dark Souls, just started it and I'm getting my rear end whooped by the Taurus demon... I think I'm going to restart as the scimitar guy, they seem more agile and Bloodborne-like.

play a caster and cheapshot your way to victory

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)