Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thejacob
Feb 13, 2014

closeted republican posted:

I really hope that TWI doesn't pull an Overkill and balances the game around the best of the best instead of making a fun co-op game where even decent pubbies have a reasonable chance of success if they use a bit of teamwork.

Is this not the same TWI that streams on normal difficulty and then offers pro-tips that really only work on normal? I mean they even named easy mode normal with this game, I would be shocked if they made anything harder intentionally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I still play Payday regularly with some friends. It's fun but it's either too easy or too hard, they never found a good in between.

And also it has some horrible bullshit regarding mechanics and latency.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Ironically the reason I stopped playing PD2 was the microtransaction cosmetic economy trash and lo and behold this game did the same exact thing right as I hopped over.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Clearly you need to stop playing the games we like.

rear end in a top hat.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I probably actually am cursed come to think of it. If I find a monkey's paw in my dresser I'll let you know.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I probably actually am cursed come to think of it. If I find a monkey's paw in my dresser I'll let you know.

I mean you do have a Bubsy avatar.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Yikes :(

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

quote:

Yikes :(

Without looking, I'd guess you'd see a bump/drop-off like that on every game that's not a major competitive shooter.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Im like four achievements shy of 100% and the game just feels bland to me now so I stopped playing until it gets an update.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Skoll posted:

I stopped playing Payday 2 after the Irish girl DLC. No ragrets cause I've heard it is utter poo poo now anyway.

there's a goat simulator dlc where cops tell you to 'drop the loving goat rear end in a top hat'

so basically you heard wrong

payday 2 is good, or at the very least a hell of a lot easier to have fun with than KF2

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Without looking, I'd guess you'd see a bump/drop-off like that on every game that's not a major competitive shooter.
That's true, and the 4k player spike was mostly due to the christmas sale price, so it's mostly normalizing back to the previous active playerbase.

Which... is still not much.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Coolguye posted:

there's a goat simulator dlc where cops tell you to 'drop the loving goat rear end in a top hat'

so basically you heard wrong

payday 2 is good, or at the very least a hell of a lot easier to have fun with than KF2

That sounds really dumb. However, interest is highly subjective so carry on.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Goat heist is legit great and if you disagree you are objectively wrong.

The Point Break heists are also very fun and varied unlike the movie which I heard is hot garbage.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Ok, have fun :goonsay: circlejerking each other off because someone doesn't agree with you.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Instead of appealing to his tastes, appeal to his reason:

I was level 100, infamied, and was I-84 within that same evening. THE. GRIND. IS. GONE!

Which, in this thread, is either a selling point or a breaking point.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
TWI please introduce john wick char

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Actually no, introduce a Neo char as the martial artist, level 25 perk is either red pill or blue pill

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

MadBimber posted:

Actually no, introduce a Neo char as the pick up artist, level 25 perk is either red pill or blue pill

FTFY. They've already got a fedora accessory, might as well go all the way.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Still holding out hope. Tried playing hard and got through no problem solo. Add five players, and they're all insta-gibbed while medics can do almost nothing. The conductor sounds like an interesting idea. Moving the match around based on activity vs. straight-up player count could be a good way of not screwing over a team for not just taking 5 zerks and a medic.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Feb 11, 2016

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/970893244341521972

Apparently the first version of The Conductor is live but only as an observer. It doesn't make any changes but I assume it's feeding data on how it would and such.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/970893244341521972

Apparently the first version of The Conductor is live but only as an observer. It doesn't make any changes but I assume it's feeding data on how it would and such.

Nice. When do we get new content?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Skoll posted:

Ok, have fun :goonsay: circlejerking each other off because someone doesn't agree with you.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Oh wow, you totally owned me. Whatever shall I do?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Get a Splatlus.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Skoll posted:

Oh wow, you totally owned me. Whatever shall I do?

I guess keep making butthurt posts about payday

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Get a Splatlus.

Done.

FAUXTON posted:

I guess keep making butthurt posts about payday

I see more people butthurt about me not liking what they like as opposed to my two posts saying something is dumb. Boo loving hoo, get over it.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
So how about that Hans?

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Theta Zero posted:

So how about that Hans?

He seems under powered.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Require More Fire posted:

He seems under powered.

Yeah he needs a bit more health. Also he doesn't seem to do enough damage to players.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
If only two of him spawned at once, the game would be twice as good! It's just math, Tripwire, qed.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Feb 13, 2016

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
nerf zerker, buff hans

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I have heard words that Hans might have been a nazi in his teenage years??? Sort of like Harry the Nazi??

What I mean is that we need a mod to replace all zeds with members of the British Royal Family. Maybe for Halloween, because that'd be pretty spooky.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

It's my birthday. Can there be new KF2 content pretty please?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/..._medium=twitter

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

I bet you thought you were making the worst map. Joke's on you, because this map is amazing.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Small bit of Sharpshooter news.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Unless the bonus kicks in right away that's really loving stupid, you'll get shredded if you stand still in this game.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Alteisen posted:

Unless the bonus kicks in right away that's really loving stupid, you'll get shredded if you stand still in this game.

Yeah. I'm not optimistic. I guess it depends on what the bonus does, but if it's something like "reduces recoil/increases accuracy," my assumption is that it will be more ~~optimal~~ to just learn to aim better while moving, since standing still... Yeah. I mean, maybe for the first shot on a Scrake/Pound? After that, yeah, you're going to be running like hell.

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness

Alteisen posted:

At least they're embracing the fact that the optimal way to play this game with huge, meticulously designed maps is to park yourself in one place and only ever see / play within 5% of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

OneDeadlyBum posted:

At least they're embracing the fact that the optimal way to play this game with huge, meticulously designed maps is to park yourself in one place and only ever see / play within 5% of it.

Yeah I had been hoping the design would take us AWAY from this and more to the rolling gunfight style of play, but dang, guess not