Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

jivjov posted:

So we may have gotten a look at next season's 6th:[/spoiler]
[muffled 'Sun Goes Up' in the distance]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Christ

I love those helmets but man

The t-shirt style design of the body just does not do it for me

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Burkion posted:

It's all one helmet. The Rhino part flips up to reveal the wolf part and the bottom bit flips up to become the crocodile.

It's pretty cool.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cernunnos posted:

It's all one helmet. The Rhino part flips up to reveal the wolf part and the bottom bit flips up to become the crocodile.

It's pretty cool.

I guess I mean, the three distinct designs in the one helmet.

It's a really cool looking thing.

Just...yeah. Not digging the rest of it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I really dig the suits. They're unique.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

jivjov posted:

Maybe they'd look better in motion, but they just look cheap to me.

I mean, I'm sure that's a boon for cosplayers, and lord knows Sentai suits never look that expensive anyways but I just cannot get into the suits from the neck down.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that t shirt owns

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I want that shirt

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

jivjov posted:

Ninninger had really nice suits too.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
That helmet is giving me some serious Kibaranger vibes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Some Numbers posted:

Wizard had a super nice suit.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Some Numbers posted:

I wish Dadninger's suit had been the default. That grey sash was awesome.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
That helmet is loving sick. I hope the eyes glow when he switches between forms, Juuohger please be good

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I like the suits simplicity that makes them all look like crayon drawings because ToQger did that and I would not mind another ToQger.
Yes there were plenty of people who did not like ToQger but who cares, divisive show is better than show no one likes like Ninninger.

orange black grey is the loving weirdest rear end sixth yet.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

jivjov posted:

So we may have gotten a look at next season's 6th:

That's a good looking suit, and it may be the first ranger that's more than one primary color. Apparently his name is ZyuOhTheWorld.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Feb 8, 2016

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Larryb posted:

Apparently his name is ZyuOhTheWorld.

The important thing to take from this is that he might shout ZA WARUDO in the roll call

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
/m/ already got into that one. If this doesn't take itself too seriously, Toei just might slip ZA WARUDOs in there.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Burkion posted:

Christ

The t-shirt style design of the body just does not do it for me

Wolf Shirt Ranger

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
It's only a matter of time until we get a Silk Goku Shirt sentai, and I am: 100% ready :yum:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's not even t-shirts

it's those old halloween costumes that would have a picture of the character on their weird plastic smock

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Three Wolf Ninja

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

deadly_pudding posted:

It's only a matter of time until we get a Silk Goku Shirt sentai, and I am: 100% ready :yum:

Poison Mushroom posted:

Three Wolf Ninja

Goku Bowling Shirt Ranger
Three Wolf Ranger
Jorts Ranger
Cargo Pants Ranger
Sweat Pants Ranger
6th is Utilikilt Ranger

Goon Sentai coming along well.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Light Gun Man posted:

Goku Bowling Shirt Ranger
Three Wolf Ranger
Jorts Ranger
Cargo Pants Ranger
Sweat Pants Ranger
6th is Utilikilt Ranger

Goon Sentai coming along well.

unshaven sentai goonranger

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
if anyone has the Liveman MKVs to seed that would be fantastical

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Elfgames posted:

unshaven sentai goonranger

The secret base is a secret basement.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Shout! Factory's page for Kakuranger has a release date of May 17th listed!

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I am so glad Ninninger is over.

I am glad Overtime subbed it because they sure as hell didn't have to and it had some good parts but I am not in the least bit sad to see it leave.

the last episode is really the entire series in a nutshell: Interesting moments and ridiculous crazy stuff (In a good way) mostly covered by unsatisfying bits, poor character development that makes no sense, and pointless, toothless fights

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Stallion Cabana posted:

I am so glad Ninninger is over.

I am glad Overtime subbed it because they sure as hell didn't have to and it had some good parts but I am not in the least bit sad to see it leave.

the last episode is really the entire series in a nutshell: Interesting moments and ridiculous crazy stuff (In a good way) mostly covered by unsatisfying bits, poor character development that makes no sense, and pointless, toothless fights

Yeah, while the final arc was a slight improvement (and to be fair, I kind of liked most of the characters not named Takaharu, even if most of the villains were boring aside from Kyuemon) I'm not really going to miss these guys that much. In fact, for the first time I'm kind of hoping we don't get a proper teamup next season and they just do another Vs. Super Sentai instead.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Feb 10, 2016

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Ninjadad dueling Kyuemon and beating him would have been awesome, so of course it didn't happen.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's amazing how underwhelming both final fights were. The Kyuuemon fight is never interesting because it goes from a one-sided but pointless curbstomp to another one-sided curbstomp. At no point is Kyuuemon even remotely threatening, new form or not, because the moment it turns 1 vs 6 the fight is completely one-sided against him. The Gengetsu fight is even worse because it isn't even a fight. It feels like whoever decided this was a good idea watched Shinkenger's finale and entirely misunderstood why that was an honestly cool fight: there, they went with their final mecha combination and by all means they were getting destroyed by Dokoku, with Origami flying everywhere after every blow, they only got the final hit in through sheer determination. Here? Gengetsu never really does anything, Gekiatsu Dai-oh isn't really hurt, and in the end he gets two-shot without ever putting up a fight.

Kyuuemon gets a somewhat fitting end, I guess? It's a way to meld both parts of his character together and get some pity but overall his character was so badly handled that it just feels like too little, too late. At least it foreshadows Megumi Han as Midoranger with the appearance of the Midoranger Shuriken and its connection to Kyuuemon. Nonetheless it is good writing...for a single episode, for a character that's been in this series since the very beginning and was the closest enemy the Ninningers had. His past with Tsumuji goes absolutely nowhere, which is the biggest loving fail in a series full of them. What a disappointment.

Giving up the End Shuriken is the most ridiculous thing too. "Now no one can destroy the world" is not something you can say in a world where monster invasions happen once a year. Even if you want to take Ninninger as its own verse outside of crossovers, you can't, because they've met with NinjaRed, HurricaneRed, Shurikenger and MagiYellow, while AkaRed watched them. So you just gave up on a potentially world-saving device for literally nothing, because the world will be constantly in danger anyways and has been constantly in danger before with no relationship whatsoever to The End Shuriken. Good job, Takaharu.

I'm so glad this is done. I don't want the V-cinema, I don't want a crossover movie, I just want to move on. Please be good, Zyuohger.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Who became the Last Ninja?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
In fairness, Annual monster invasions are only canon to Gokaiger. I'm pretty sure Ninninjer is off in its own little bubble where there were only the various ninja sentai. and Magiranger. So, like 4 monster invasions total. Crossovers in movies aren't canon (except for when they are :v:)

Bandai will keep making Ranger Keys for the rest of the decade, though, because it's like printing nerd yen.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Last Ninja? More like the last straw!

It stinks!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

GlitchThief posted:

Who became the Last Ninja?

Everyone and no one. They realized that they needed to surpass Grandad's way of thinking entirely and rejected the idea of having one solitary Last Ninja. They used the End Shuriken together as a team to elimiante the End Shuriken entirely, and then they each gave themselves different "Last Ninja" style titles.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

jivjov posted:

Everyone and no one. They realized that they needed to surpass Grandad's way of thinking entirely and rejected the idea of having one solitary Last Ninja. They used the End Shuriken together as a team to elimiante the End Shuriken entirely, and then they each gave themselves different "Last Ninja" style titles.

That actually sounds pretty cool.
I mean, I'm basing things on hearsay so I guess I was expecting them to totally just play things straight and have it be takaharu. But I guess that just means my expectations were low and execution was probably still hampered by the lack of stakes.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Waaait a minute.

Akared was in Ninnin?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
As far as the title of Last Ninja, Takaharu for all purposes took up the mantle as mentor of next ninja generation while everyone named themselves Last "insert-defining-trait-here" Ninja. End Shuriken was surprisingly good event and Takaharu was actually acting well for those more stoic moments, but both "villains" were just wet farts - if the fox had more of his "I wanted a family" aspect shown it'd have been fine. As it stands, it comes right out of left field.

It really did sum up the entire series.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dexie posted:

Waaait a minute.

Akared was in Ninnin?

Oh whoops. Meant Akaranger, not Akared. My bad!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

What's red and white and coming to Crunchyroll in like an hour?

Ultraman Nexus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

What's red and white and coming to Crunchyroll in like an hour?

Ultraman Nexus.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Locked thread