Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Is there a trip people button or is it just an execution?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner
"Hear about University Point? The Institute wiped it off the map."
[MAP UPDATED]

Er...

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Zephyrine posted:

Edit: Found a bleeding full auto 10mm pistol. Game won.

What mods stack? I got a gun with + radiation damage and was underwhelmed. My laser with bleed and scatter shot will melt anything, only a deathclaw that can one shot me stands a chance and a very small one at that.

xxEightxx fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Feb 8, 2016

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm holding out for a bleeding gatling laser or an explosive minigun.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'm holding out for a bleeding gatling laser or an explosive minigun.

I poured my points into the rifleman perk, and laser weapons fire is so rapid it makes me think it wasn't meant to be that rapid.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

xxEightxx posted:

What mods stack? I got a gun with + radiation damage and was underwhelmed.

Radiation damage isn't great, because robots, ghouls, super mutants, and some critters are immune.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

xxEightxx posted:

What mods stack? I got a gun with + radiation damage and was underwhelmed. My laser with bleed and scatter shot will melt anything, only a deathclaw that can one shot me stands a chance and a very small one at that.

Radiation reduces max health but if you do more physical than rad damage per bullet then it won't do anything. Unless if the enemy stimpaks I guess :v:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Once you start to find certain parts of the game that are grindy particularly arduous like finding another useless legendary (junkie's, for example) this game gets super lovely.

Like I played through it once and went BoS because I agree the robots are dumb and we should loving kill everyone. After that, I didn't feel like dealing with going through toolboxes looking for tape and spending hundreds on stimpaks so I found out I can make my own infinite amounts of healing items and adhesive. Beat the game for the Institute and had so very little fun doing it. None of your decisions change anything, there's like 3 weapons per weapon type to try and it was dumb.

Gave it another go, and started to go through it again and felt that looking for a good legendary was a waste of time so I just gave myself a good pipe pistol with bleeding or explosive or something to start with. With infinite food/caps/water and a good gun I was effectively done with the game no matter the difficulty. There's nothing else to do in the game other than kill guys for loot, do radiant quests to expand your settlements for next to no reward, do the 13 quests that are anything other than "go kill X at Y." Role-playing means nothing, etc.

I will say that it's nice to know there's a good framework to do other poo poo: the settlements are boring as poo poo in Bethesda's version but the modders will make it awesome. The guns are limited and same-y (literally the combat rifle and combat shotgun are the exact same) but the modders will make that loving awesome. The quests will always be limited but maybe there's some good DLC coming up or something. But as it stands there's less content in this game then there is in 2 cities of Skyrim.

I really hope the modders make something out of this relatively polished but empty game. I've probably put 500+ hours into New Vegas while I was at my busiest time with work, and now I'm working less and I'd much rather play FO3 and NV than FO4.

I hope they do something like a TTW mod for FO4 though!

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
I'm doing the whole Breaking bad thing where I buy up all the plastics and fertilizer I find and then use it to make Jet and sell it for profit.

My current build is a rapid fire weapon, minimum endurance, wearing only a military cap, glasses and a labcoat.

I play on Very Easy but with my minimal DT and health it balances out well. It also keeps the enemies from becoming bullet sponges. But I'm also skipping all weapon damage perks to compensate (more points for utility and niche perks)

Things are moderately challenging and I run out of ammo a lot so I have to alternate with sets of weapons depending on which I have ammo for.

Every now and then I go on a Power Armour safari. That's when I put on the T-60, set the difficulty to max and then clear out Quincy and take a trip through the glow to hunt mutants. It's really hard without endurance and weapon perks but doable. I save up all the mini nukes and missiles I find for this purpose.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance
Hmm so you cheated away any challenging elements and now the game is boring? You don't say?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I'm kind of confused; Can I finish the game with the Minutemen? I gave Sturges the holotape but nothing happened, and I made the mistake of talking to Elder Maxson. I finished a BoS run and I wanted to try something different.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

cash crab posted:

I'm kind of confused; Can I finish the game with the Minutemen? I gave Sturges the holotape but nothing happened, and I made the mistake of talking to Elder Maxson. I finished a BoS run and I wanted to try something different.

The Minutemen questline is a bit dumb; you can' t progress until you've gotten banned from the Institute. Offhand I'm not sure if it's sufficient to just say "gently caress you" to Father, or if you have to actually massacre people like I did.

EDIT: I'm too lazy busy to look it up right now, but supposedly there is a convoluted way to win with the Minutemen without going to war with any factions.

Gynovore fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Feb 8, 2016

Psychotron
Nov 25, 2007

I AM THE GERBIL GOD KAHUNA

cash crab posted:

You have to get banned from the institute to start the final questline for minutemen I believe.

Edit: too slow

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I didn't get banned from the institute and did Minutemen. I told father "let me think about that" and then left and when I came back later to do some institute quests everyone was hostile.

Except the doctor who came at me in the middle of my massacre to give me a courser upgrade.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

cash crab posted:

It's pretty un intuitave how to get Minuteman ending, but ya what others said, you have to get banned from the institute.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Gynovore posted:

The Minutemen questline is a bit dumb; you can' t progress until you've gotten banned from the Institute. Offhand I'm not sure if it's sufficient to just say "gently caress you" to Father, or if you have to actually massacre people like I did.

EDIT: I'm too lazy busy to look it up right now, but supposedly there is a convoluted way to win with the Minutemen without going to war with any factions.

I can do this, I get banned from stuff all the time

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
120+ hours and yesterday I found out about the you guai roast melee damage boost being bugged.

I read up and it gives you a 500% boost. I only tried it out because I'd never bothered using the revolutionary sword and wanted to see if it had any unique animations. It just one shot everything and triggered bloody mess nearly every time. :stare:

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Houdini posted:

120+ hours and yesterday I found out about the you guai roast melee damage boost being bugged.

I read up and it gives you a 500% boost. I only tried it out because I'd never bothered using the revolutionary sword and wanted to see if it had any unique animations. It just one shot everything and triggered bloody mess nearly every time. :stare:

You should go check out Dunwich Borers if you haven't yet.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Local man discovers one weird trick with meat! Raiders hate him!

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

I ran across a youtube video showing a "secret" area high up inside the Mass Fusion building that you have to "climbing glitch" up to. There's a terminal and a novice safe in which reside the awesome leg armors that negate all falling damage. I'm not really sure if you have to use the glitch or not, I don't have jet packs unlocked on this character so it might be possible to fly up there. The name of the guy who created them is "Jack" and so I'm pretty sure it's a reference to Springheel Jack, who was also referenced in Oblivion, which I thought was pretty cool.

It's so much better than landing in power armor, and now I can run around and jump off anywhere. If only there was a mod for combat armor chests to install a jet pack, I'd be set.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Yeah you don't have to glitch to get to that area. Pretty sure it's just accessible after Mass Fusion.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Barometer posted:

I ran across a youtube video showing a "secret" area high up inside the Mass Fusion building that you have to "climbing glitch" up to. There's a terminal and a novice safe in which reside the awesome leg armors that negate all falling damage. I'm not really sure if you have to use the glitch or not, I don't have jet packs unlocked on this character so it might be possible to fly up there. The name of the guy who created them is "Jack" and so I'm pretty sure it's a reference to Springheel Jack, who was also referenced in Oblivion, which I thought was pretty cool.

It's so much better than landing in power armor, and now I can run around and jump off anywhere. If only there was a mod for combat armor chests to install a jet pack, I'd be set.
Once you have a power armor jetpack, you just jump from any height, and power jets before you hit the ground for soft landing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I wouldn't say you have to glitch your way up there, it's more like "creative use of outward-facing geometry".

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Has the thing where the infected mole rats in Vault 81 infecting the player via the protectron ever been fixed?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Is there a thread for stuff you built in the game or is it ok to post that stuff here?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Flyinglemur posted:

Is there a thread for stuff you built in the game or is it ok to post that stuff here?

I, for one, love seeing people's settlements because it's the only thing left in the game until DLCs and the GECK.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Nitrox posted:

Once you have a power armor jetpack, you just jump from any height, and power jets before you hit the ground for soft landing.

You don't need the jet packs for that, even just the power armor frame lets you land from any height, these are leggings which let you do it without power armor. I meant that I'd like to have a jet pack without the power armor as well, so I could do all my searching without using up cores (not that it matters late game, but this is my second character and I have, like, seven cores at the moment and no jets).

The jet pack was game changing for me, I spent a lot of time jetting up to places to look around. Sadly, most of the places I went didn't have anything cool waiting for me, all those wasted highway areas.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
And in today's episode of Bethesda :effort:, after having won the game with the Minutemen, I went to the Railroad to see what they had to say. I had gone to them for help with the courser chip but hadn't spoken to them after. "Hmmm," said Desdemona, "someone told us that you went to the Institute and are working with them! Is that true?"

Uh, hello? See that smoking hole on the far side of the Charles? That's the Institute. They're bleeding demised. I'm not working with them because they Institute is no more! They have ceased to be, they rest in peace, they have joined the choir invisible! At least what I wanted to say, but of course the only dialog options "no I didn't" and "so what if I did". Granted, it was fun killing them all and stealing all their Sugar Bombs, but still, :effort:.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Fallout 4 is the best game I have ever played. Previously this title belonged to the Last of Us but now, as I sit tired and addicted, needing to get to class but wanting to spend untold hours of my life on this game, I can honestly say it's the best game I've ever played. I'm supposed to be working on my business. I'm supposed to be working on my script. But drat if i just don't want to fall back in to Fallout. The whole thing just blows me away. The story, the visuals, the creativity and the DEEP care and thoughtfulness that Bethesda took in creating this masterpiece is just too much.
Bethesda is a learning organization, they learned not just from their own failures and success but the successes and failures of others as well. They payed attention to what people were saying and they improved beyond my wildest dreams. I honestly don't know where to begin in my grand list of praises. I could talk about the extraordinary characterizations. I could talk about all the little moments that mean so much. I could talk about the outrageously amazing factions, and your place in them. I could talk about the way the music hits the right notes when you enter different areas. I could talk about the compelling drive to find Shaun out there, and the way I beat Kellog to death with my own to hands. The exceptional voice acting. Taking Psycho, "loving Kill!". Ramming a Super Mutant Overlord off a 4 story structure with Power Armor, and just when he hits the ground and thinks he can breath a bit, I slam down on his chest, with explosive vents. When some punk raider thinks he can run up on you and you put his lights out with the end of your rifle. Trembling as a deathclaw throws you like a football. Making Curie blush. Seducing Magnolia. Flying around Boston in a Vertibird. Talking code with the railroad. That sense of restoring hope. It's all just too much. I'm guess I'm a fan boy for real.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Yeah Fallout 4 is great but the missed opportunities stuck out to me. I feel like some RPG elements I craved were sacrificed, when I actually hoped for more role play. That was their decision and the game is great on its own.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Mortimer posted:

Fallout 4 is the best game I have ever played. Previously this title belonged to the Last of Us but now, as I sit tired and addicted, needing to get to class but wanting to spend untold hours of my life on this game, I can honestly say it's the best game I've ever played. I'm supposed to be working on my business. I'm supposed to be working on my script. But drat if i just don't want to fall back in to Fallout. The whole thing just blows me away. The story, the visuals, the creativity and the DEEP care and thoughtfulness that Bethesda took in creating this masterpiece is just too much.
Bethesda is a learning organization, they learned not just from their own failures and success but the successes and failures of others as well. They payed attention to what people were saying and they improved beyond my wildest dreams. I honestly don't know where to begin in my grand list of praises. I could talk about the extraordinary characterizations. I could talk about all the little moments that mean so much. I could talk about the outrageously amazing factions, and your place in them. I could talk about the way the music hits the right notes when you enter different areas. I could talk about the compelling drive to find Shaun out there, and the way I beat Kellog to death with my own to hands. The exceptional voice acting. Taking Psycho, "loving Kill!". Ramming a Super Mutant Overlord off a 4 story structure with Power Armor, and just when he hits the ground and thinks he can breath a bit, I slam down on his chest, with explosive vents. When some punk raider thinks he can run up on you and you put his lights out with the end of your rifle. Trembling as a deathclaw throws you like a football. Making Curie blush. Seducing Magnolia. Flying around Boston in a Vertibird. Talking code with the railroad. That sense of restoring hope. It's all just too much. I'm guess I'm a fan boy for real.

Source your quotes. However that reads like it came from youtube, so don't source it.

Also, I didn't realize until now just how poorly optimized this game is. I just got Witcher 3 on the Steam Sale and it runs miles better than Fallout 4 on my laptop.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

Source your quotes. However that reads like it came from youtube, so don't source it.

Also, I didn't realize until now just how poorly optimized this game is. I just got Witcher 3 on the Steam Sale and it runs miles better than Fallout 4 on my laptop.

It just works
-Todd Howard

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

khy posted:

Has the thing where the infected mole rats in Vault 81 infecting the player via the protectron ever been fixed?

Hah, finding out about that place on my first character really put me on edge for my melee dude. I made sure not to bring a follower since they can be a vector as well, and I killed all the turrets and that protectron. I also saved frequently after each group of enemies after checking to see if I was diseased. If you know where they spawn, grab a bunch of mines and go ham.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I, for one, love seeing people's settlements because it's the only thing left in the game until DLCs and the GECK.

Well then Bender, here you go. I started loving around with concrete and lightboxes and came up with this:

I hooked the boxes up to a terminal on the other side of the concrete and put one box on the same side as the terminal so I could see what color I was changing it to without having to fly around like a flying around person:

Then I thought, hey I can do better than that so I did this the next day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evWnSjuJvKE

The crappy thing is, you can embed lightboxes in cement but you can't go over the height of the foundation, so you can only go 6 boxes high. Pain in the rear end. Anyway, I did this yesterday. Xbox wouldn't let me upload the video to onedrive for some reason so I had to tweet it:

https://twitter.com/ScottE25/status/696822142646747138

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
That is art

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Goty

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

You misspelled "penis."

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Someone needs to make a Butcher Pete music video

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

shovelbum posted:

Someone needs to make a Butcher Pete music video

Starring Pickman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Malpais Legate posted:

You misspelled "penis."
If the word Pens looks like Penis to you, that doesn't sound like a "me" problem.

• Locked thread