Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Subyng posted:

Is there a mod that makes it so that plate armour and other "rigid" armour sets aren't body conforming (seriously, this has never made sense and it never will) for female characters?
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48160/

Also http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68075/ if you use Immersive Armors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Bethesda kinda threw these guys a bone with the Dragonborn DLC, didn't they?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I there a mod where a ring or amulet could have a constant effect Calm spell?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Darth Brooks posted:

I there a mod where a ring or amulet could have a constant effect Calm spell?
You can console command one in.

playerenchantobject <object ID> <MGEF ID> <optional 2nd MGEF ID>

Look up magic effects on UESP.

I did this for one of the follower mods that let you turn anyone into a follower. However doing that doesn't change their base AI so some always run away from a fight, necessitating a permanent bravery hat.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Feb 8, 2016

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Calm is a spell, not an enchantment. Will it still work?

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Feb 8, 2016

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

I started using this and some dogs answered the door and let me into a farmhouse :shittydog:

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Everything Burrito posted:

I started using this and some dogs answered the door and let me into a farmhouse :shittydog:

:lol:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Best glitch ever.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
It gave them the indistinct voice lol

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

GOODBOY FARM DISCOVERED

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013

That Ignorant Sap posted:

For vampires, Better Vampires. For a vampire lord perk overhaul, Royal Bloodline. They are compatible.

These worked great, thanks!
Is there any mod that will let me refund my perk points without manually removing/adding perks or finishing dragonborn? All the perk refund mods I've found only work with vanilla perks.

edit: turns out its a feature in SPERG :downs:

Grey Elephants fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Feb 10, 2016

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Everything Burrito posted:

Using the Thu'um to make the dogs fly.....it fills you with determination.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I decided to try out that "Death Alternative" mod and the various add-ons with the elaborate capture scenarios and the new Live Another Life starts. In theory it's pretty cool, being able to suffer a defeat without the game just resetting to your last save, and taking you in unexpected new directions instead. I had kind of a fun time with it at first... I lost a fight and woke up in the nearest tavern with some of my stuff missing, and kindly villagers asking if I was OK and offering to help me find the rear end in a top hat responsible.

So today I tried one of the alternate starts, the "captured by bandits" one. It started me up naked and tied up with bandits leering at me and making various threats. I had no control over my character and no way to advance the plot except by using the in-game wait function, hours at a time. Eventually a bandit walked over to me and I thought "here I go, a chance to escape" but he just curled up on a bedroll and went to sleep. After an entire day passed in-game they finally decided enough was enough and they were going to take me outside and kill me. Cut to outside, the bandit just wanders off leaving me there to "escape" using a bizarre minigame which involves hitting buttons until your stamina bar drains and then waiting for it to fill up and repeating the process. It's roughly as intuitive as QWOP. An onscreen message told me I could try to run, but I couldn't actually move. Even the camera was locked off at this point.

I went and looked at the mod page and under the FAQ it pointed out that the nonsensical struggling-to-escape minigame is easier late in the game. Oh, perfect for a level 1 character then huh? Exactly what I wanted from a fantasy adventure, just staring at my character tied up for days. The idea that I should try to get good at this poo poo because it will happen all the time sort of crystallized the notion that wow, this is not my idea of fun.

The whole thing has this overwhelming Loverslab stink to it, like this is the mod for people who are really, really, really into humiliation poo poo, to the point that your character being literally immobile (and naked) for hours while bandits berate and threaten them is more fun than doing quests. I felt like it was somebody's creepy rape fantasy with the actual loving cut out at the last minute to avoid an NC-17 rating, and what you're left with is just boring.

Of course this is one of those intrusive, script-intensive mods that will wreck your game if you don't uninstall it very carefully, so now I get to go and meticulously clean it out of every save game I've touched in the last two weeks or so.

In short, I don't recommend it.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
In theory I like the idea of these death alternatives, in practice it is exactly as you say, a 'slab stench lingering on it. You can so clearly see how more overtly rapey poo poo can easily be added on because it is as if a place had been set at the table for it.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
I saw a Dark Souls inspired one once that looked kinda neat once.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Darth Brooks posted:

Calm is a spell, not an enchantment. Will it still work?
Yes. Spell are just "containers" that apply a magic effect. Shouts and potions too for that matter. You just need to find the correct effect.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Magical_Effects

For example,
Calm is a spell, with an ID of 0004dee9 that applies the effect 0004dee7
Harmony is a spell with ID 0007e8db that applies the effect 0007e8dc
Fus Ro Dah is a shout whose third tier ID is 00013e24 and applies the effect 00013f3a (apparently not all effects are listed on UESP)

You also could probably use the console "help" search to find magic effects IDs if you happen to know part of their internal name (e.g. VoiceUnrelentingForce3)

lurksion fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 9, 2016

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

GunnerJ posted:

In theory I like the idea of these death alternatives, in practice it is exactly as you say, a 'slab stench lingering on it. You can so clearly see how more overtly rapey poo poo can easily be added on because it is as if a place had been set at the table for it.
And has been implmented and linked at various times in the Awful mods thread

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

Elliotw2 posted:

I saw a Dark Souls inspired one once that looked kinda neat once.

I've been playing Dragon's Dogma, which has a whole lot going for it, and I think a great Skyrim mod would be one that cribs from the wakestone system and lets you trade in spare dragon souls or some other limited resource for a resurrection instead of restarting from a save. Bonus points if you've made dragons actually difficult.

hampig fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 9, 2016

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

hampig posted:

I've been playing Dragon's Dogma, which has a whole lot going for it, and I think a great Skyrim mod would be one that cribs from the wakestone system and lets you trade in spare dragon souls or some other limited resource for a resurrection instead of restarting from a save. Bonus points if you've made dragons actually difficult.

Someone did!

Also since I mentioned it here's the Dark Souls one too.

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
Is there a mod to bypass the claw door puzzles? It's annoying having to go to my inventory and check the glyphs manually. Googling around didn't turn up anything, but it seems like such a nice quality of life improvement to just stick the claw in and go on your way.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
If there isn't a mod to bypass ALL of the stupid, pointless, time wasting, unfun draugr crypt puzzles, there should be.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
The only one I sort of like at all is Yngol Barrow's puzzle because slightly more thought went into it than "put answer plaque on wall" but it's simple enough to not be obnoxious to do after 10 times.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Just play the game enough that you've memorized all the puzzles like me!

Alternatively this is the only thing I've found, haven't tried it but it changes the claws names to include their solution which is a little better I guess.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I liked the Dwemer puzzles a lot more than the Nord puzzles.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
I had to remove DynDOLOD from my current game, and I'm sad about it. We had a short discussion in this thread a while ago about the high number of script instances in some mods (namely, Flora Respawn Fix). DynDOLOD's scripts also tend to be heavy hitters in this regard, though the mod itself isn't script-heavy at all. Anyway, my games were being corrupted upon saving, and would simply not load at all. Papyrus Data Transfer would fail to load the game's papyrus section, claiming that the script instances were in the millions. The PDT Nexus page has a couple of posts about it, and some people have reported it on the DynDOLOD page. I don't really think it's because of DynDOLOD, and the PDT author suggests it might have something to the Skyrim engine failed to write the save correctly, probably because of high script instances. But since removing DynDOLOD and its scripts, I haven't had a save fail to load. A Pyrrhic victory, but I'll see how it goes.

Edit: My landscape looks like Oblivion. :cripes:

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Feb 11, 2016

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm trying to run interesting npcs but I'm not sure they're spawning in the world, is there any easy way to check if this mod is working?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

There's a barbarian obsessed with horker soup hanging out in the Riverwood tavern, for one.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Alternatively all the mod's NPC's are listed here by location: http://3dnpc.com/wiki/interesting-npcs/locations/

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Wow the voice acting was so good I didn't even notice, they blend right in with the game's NPCs.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Alasyre posted:

I had to remove DynDOLOD from my current game, and I'm sad about it. We had a short discussion in this thread a while ago about the high number of script instances in some mods (namely, Flora Respawn Fix). DynDOLOD's scripts also tend to be heavy hitters in this regard, though the mod itself isn't script-heavy at all. Anyway, my games were being corrupted upon saving, and would simply not load at all. Papyrus Data Transfer would fail to load the game's papyrus section, claiming that the script instances were in the millions. The PDT Nexus page has a couple of posts about it, and some people have reported it on the DynDOLOD page. I don't really think it's because of DynDOLOD, and the PDT author suggests it might have something to the Skyrim engine failed to write the save correctly, probably because of high script instances. But since removing DynDOLOD and its scripts, I haven't had a save fail to load. A Pyrrhic victory, but I'll see how it goes.

Edit: My landscape looks like Oblivion. :cripes:

I had some serious crashing problems while using DynDOLOD, and I had to remove it as well. Didn't have any problems just disabling it, though.

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Blasphemy! Blasphoryou! Blasphoreveryone!
Fun Shoe
Was farting around on Youtube regarding Fallout 4 and found a weekly review of mods by MxC for Skyrim. Heavy on the endless bodies and costumes but some great stuff reminded me I never finished the drat game due to mod overload.

It's been along time but I'm dragged right back in.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I told my followers to collect ingredients and they came back with half a dozen human hearts :stare:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Sounds like you accidentally started a cult.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

That heart thing cracked me up.

I decided last night to rerun the DynDoLOD script in TES5Edit, but this time set up the plugin so it doesn't do the whole "dynamic" thing, trying to switch out LOD's with scripts as I run around... so all it did was generated really good LOD with all my mods. The game looks SO much better now... because the "dynamic" medium-res trees looked like absolute poo poo, as opposed to my actual distant LOD trees which blend really nicely. Now the trees actually show up from a farther distance, the way I set them up in my ini, which DynDoLOD was overriding. Also the pop-in was super distracting. And the game seems to run better. I don't even know why I did that poo poo in the first place. It's great having proper LOD for everything, but that whole dynamic scripted function sucked.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Are you loading all the generated files last in MO/whatever mod manager? I've never had problems with DynDOLOD, but that is the one "gotcha" I got hung up on at one point.

Even doubly so with Enhanced Landscapes, but once you get the priorities and make sure the generated stuff uses the correct textures and so on, it is worth it.

Also worth noting that you should make sure the HRDLC esp files are checked when running the script as well. Older xEdit versions had a problem loading BSA resources of unchecked ESPs, this might be fixed now but I'm not 100% positive.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I had it installed fine and it was generally working fine... I can't say all the textures matched perfectly, but the amount of work involved in fixing them would have been crazy compared to just disabling the dynamic LOD function.

I feel like I did a bad job communicating exactly WTF was going wrong with it, but I'll try again:

Without the mod, but with my tweaked ini settings, trees would be visible pretty much from across the map, and they would switch to the high-poly model when I got, I dunno, 100 yards from it or so in the game. I don't know exact numbers off the top of my head but it happened far enough away, and my LOD trees looked good enough, that it was very subtle and I normally wouldn't notice the transition.

With the dynamic LOD scripts running, trees didn't render at all until I got within about 100 yards, and anything further than like 50 feet in front of me would be an awful-looking LOD model, so running around a forest was this psychedelic experience of seeing weird blurry discolored trees popping into existence and then changing color as I got closer. It clearly wasn't the same distant LOD trees I was used to, because I had adjusted the color and contrast myself and those always looked really good. I think there was some kind of medium-quality tree model trying to pop up in between the high and low quality ones, but they looked worse than the low-quality ones. My assumption is that this was the "dynamic" effect. Maybe if it was happening off in the far distance it would have been less noticeable, but the scripts were overriding my ini settings that told the game to render trees really far away. I'd just get nothing at all and then bam, big ugly LOD model in my face. It was getting really annoying. I also noticed my framerate stuttering in forested areas.

I just re-ran the LOD generation, overwrote the plugin, but un-ticked the box to use the scripted dynamic function. Now the game looks great, and it seems to run more smoothly without the scripts. I'll have to do a little more exploring to make sure the more detailed LOD from my various mods is still in effect. The huge advantage of DynDoLOD to me was always being able to actually see stuff from ETaC, Skyrim Bridges, Frontier Fortress, etc. in the far distance. I hope all that works OK without the dynamic function. If the trees are any indication, it should work better.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I read on /vg/'s skyrim modding guide that climates of tamriel is actually bad? Probably something about "it doesn't make my anime wife look good" but is there an alternative at this point? I thought that was the end-all mod for weather/lighting.

Also is Hypothermia just Frostfall minus feature bloat?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Welp, I can no longer enter major towns. Why? I don't know :confuoot:

I'm thinking I just remove everything, start over with minimal mods, and finally beat the game.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Mortimer posted:

I read on /vg/'s skyrim modding guide that climates of tamriel is actually bad? Probably something about "it doesn't make my anime wife look good" but is there an alternative at this point? I thought that was the end-all mod for weather/lighting.

Also is Hypothermia just Frostfall minus feature bloat?

Purity is pretty nice, and doesn't require a bunch of compatibility patches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I switched from CoT to Purity, it's pretty good.

Also thanks to the posts up there about DynDOLOD I double checked my load order and also shut off the script part and no longer have weird half-trees nor everything shuddering nearly to a halt periodically :toot:

• Locked thread