Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Quest For Glory II posted:

no brees, no brady, no manning, maybe no roethlisberger, no palmer, maybe no eli, maybe no rivers, maybe no romo

Matt Ryan wins MVP with a 3000 yard season

he's already 32

it's going to be weird when luck is the best quarterback in the league by attrition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Despite the other issues with Denver's offense he had a 1300 yard season and looked fine, I thought. Just terrible the last 2 games.

honestly i didn't watch football much this year, but sometimes i'd flip it over to a sunday night game or whatever, and nearly every time it would cut to D thomas dropping a pass that hits him right in the numbers

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

sweet thursday posted:

Has anyone ever heard a white person call a black person a "boy" in any other context aside from Oscar-bait movies about racism. You don't even need to be that smart to know better.

I have but they're really southern and do it to white people too

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Ludwig van Halen posted:

I could have quarterbacked that Denver team to a win.

Slick with several days worth of body grease, covered in the crumbs of multiple microwaveable Wal Mart sandwiches, surrounded by empty cans of Shasta, fondly recalling the time last week the cute girl smiled when she handed over the bag full of tacos...

put me in, coach!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Bad Caller posted:

I have but they're really southern and do it to white people too

That's fair

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

sweet thursday posted:

Has anyone ever heard a white person call a black person a "boy" in any other context aside from Oscar-bait movies about racism. You don't even need to be that smart to know better.

i call my nephew that. he's white but that's the only time i hear it is when talking to babys

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Zorodius posted:

So, seems certain Seattleites celebrate serendipitous stallion success

But where's the logic in that? If you get beat, you want the guy that beats you to be the world loving champion, because it implies you could be second best.

You don't wanna get beat by a guy and then see him falling down stairs, that's just embarrassing

I wanted to answer this question more in-depth here.

I became a Seattle fan not after Super Bowl 48 but Super Bowl 49-after seeing their humiliating defeat against the Patriots because of that terrible play and interception at the last second. It was a heart breaker, but I fell in love with how well they played. It also helps that Seattle is a city where a lot of what I love originated from (Hendrix, Cobain, Pearl Jam, Neuromancer and the Cyberpunk genre, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Starbucks). This was the first football season I've ever followed and following the Hawks was amazing, especially in week 17 when I won a hoodie off a bet-that was the moment where I became both a member and believer of the 12s.

To see Cam Newton run us over in the divisional round was one thing. To see him do so when it was clear that his team was over-depending on him was another. What really made me salty, and boy howdy was I full of :salt:, was the simple fact that he compared himself to Superman. How he kept wearing Superman shirts and also how his home field played the John Williams theme. This became nerd rage, and I wanted to see Batman beat Superman. Russel Wilson wasn't Batman and going into this game I was hoping Peyton would be. It turned out Von Miller was the Dark Knight, as he was sacking and pressuring Cam was glorious. This little internal narrative of mine was helped by the constant ad presence for Batman V Superman.

Congrats, Broncos and Von Miller. Congrats for avenging us. Here's looking forward to my team's 40th season :hawksin:

PS: If you're reading Febreeze, I'd like to see a comic where Cam Newton as Superman has the MVP sack-stripped from him by Von Miller as Batman.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Slick with several days worth of body grease, covered in the crumbs of multiple microwaveable Wal Mart sandwiches, surrounded by empty cans of Shasta, fondly recalling the time last week the cute girl smiled when she handed over the bag full of tacos...

put me in, coach!

there's a difference between a smile and a grimmace

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

sweet thursday posted:

I have but not since I was a kid. It would be pretty much verboten at this point. I'm from NC

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

Ludwig van Halen posted:

honestly i didn't watch football much this year, but sometimes i'd flip it over to a sunday night game or whatever, and nearly every time it would cut to D thomas dropping a pass that hits him right in the numbers

He did, but still caught enough to have 100+ receptions and 1300+ yards. He's had various finger issues but no matter what his postseason was abysmal.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Eli finally has the fuel to go for number 3.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Benny the Snake posted:

I became a Seattle fan not after Super Bowl 48 but Super Bowl 49-after seeing their humiliating defeat against the Patriots because of that terrible play and interception at the last second. It was a heart breaker, but I fell in love with how well they played. It also helps that Seattle is a city where a lot of what I love originated from (Hendrix, Cobain, Pearl Jam, Neuromancer and the Cyberpunk genre, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Starbucks). This was the first football season I've ever followed and following the Hawks was amazing, especially in week 17 when I won a hoodie off a bet-that was the moment where I became both a member and believer of the 12s.

To see Cam Newton run us over in the divisional round was one thing. To see him do so when it was clear that his team was over-depending on him was another. What really made me salty, and boy howdy was I full of :salt:, was the simple fact that he compared himself to Superman. How he kept wearing Superman shirts and also how his home field played the John Williams theme. This became nerd rage, and I wanted to see Batman beat Superman. Russel Wilson wasn't Batman and going into this game I was hoping Peyton would be. It turned out Von Miller was the Dark Knight, as he was sacking and pressuring Cam was glorious. This little internal narrative of mine was helped by the constant ad presence for Batman V Superman.

Congrats, Broncos and Von Miller. Congrats for avenging us. Here's looking forward to my team's 40th season :hawksin:

PS: If you're reading Febreeze, I'd like to see a comic where Cam Newton as Superman has the MVP sack-stripped from him by Von Miller as Batman.

my eyes

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Lessail posted:

lol you have way too much faith

C'mon man, Jordy will be back and the defence looks...competent?

Besides, my only other alternatives are the Twins and Flyers, and I'll get to bang Margot Robbie before either of them win a championship.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

no brees, no brady, no manning, maybe no roethlisberger, no palmer, maybe no eli, maybe no rivers, maybe no romo

Brees has said that he's playing until he's 45. :colbert:

He's only 37 now.

:ohdear:

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Benny the Snake posted:

oh my god this loving post

all of it

everyone read this

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Real talk as I start to sober up a little, I'm most mad that Thomas Davis played with a broken god damned forearm for nothing.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

If anything I'm glad that there was a moment in life where being sweet thursday was better than being Cam Newton

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

We did it. :)

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Benny the Snake posted:

Agreed. The something awful forums are much like middle earth, as well

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 18 minutes!

he's already 32

Excuse me you are forgetting a player of the same age as ryan that won a superbowl mvp

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
let's be honest, Eli's face was the best part of this superbowl

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sour Diesel posted:

all of it

everyone read this

the most offensive part to me is crediting Seattle with William Gibson's existence

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BartHubbuch/status/696549047142739968

churlish: because saying thuggish would get me called out rightly for my dumb comments

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Those churlish brigands!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Eli's face always looks like his brain is doing a malware search

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Sour Diesel posted:

all of it

everyone read this

i don't read posts more than a paragraph long sorry.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

sweet thursday posted:

If anything I'm glad that there was a moment in life where being sweet thursday was better than being Cam Newton

Thank you for not letting down the black community

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

sweet thursday posted:

:laffo:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

sweet thursday posted:

lmao

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
There's a " cam didn't jump on the ball" thing going on. Anyone have a gif?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Benny the Snake posted:

Febreeze, I'd like to see a comic where Benny the Snake wears a flannel shirt and complains that no one understands how hard it is to be a teenager in Seattle who listens to grunge and is a Seahawks fans

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

sweet thursday posted:

Lol

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

sweet thursday posted:

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

I became a fan of the Baltimore Ravens in 2011. The way they played so hard but lost in a teeth-clencher in the AFCCG just got me so intrigued to follow them. To me, they were like Goku who had just gotten beaten up after that whole Captain Ginyu debacle. The 2012 season was the Ravens (as Goku) just not wanting to take it anymore and they went Super Saiyan. They almost lost to Denver and this angered me, because Denver was Dodoria, and boy howdy I wanted Frieza (Tom Brady).

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

My local CBS affiliate news is reporting the results of the Puppy Bowl and they're not doing the whole "daww aren't they cute" thing. :psyduck:

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
where the gently caress are all these new people coming from.

I think I'm broken. I'm not upset at all. Perhaps it's just a summer full of steeling myself for a season where the best case scenario was a first round playoff exit. Maybe it's the fact that we dominated so many good teams that it's hard seeing a scenario where we aren't back soon. Maybe I'm just happy that I got to care for a full football season and now I'm tired. But whatever the case, it doesn't hurt.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Infidel Castro posted:

C'mon man, Jordy will be back and the defence looks...competent?

Besides, my only other alternatives are the Twins and Flyers, and I'll get to bang Margot Robbie before either of them win a championship.

Look you gotta understand that green bay is fated to lose in the playoffs in ot on the first drive no matter what

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Sour Diesel posted:

I became a fan of the Baltimore Ravens in 2011. The way they played so hard but lost in a teeth-clencher in the AFCCG just got me so intrigued to follow them. To me, they were like Goku who had just gotten beaten up after that whole Captain Ginyu debacle. The 2012 season was the Ravens (as Goku) just not wanting to take it anymore and they went Super Saiyan. They almost lost to Denver and this angered me, because Denver was Dodoria, and boy howdy I wanted Frieza (Tom Brady).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

zimbomonkey posted:

where the gently caress are all these new people coming from.

I think I'm broken. I'm not upset at all. Perhaps it's just a summer full of steeling myself for a season where the best case scenario was a first round playoff exit. Maybe it's the fact that we dominated so many good teams that it's hard seeing a scenario where we aren't back soon. Maybe I'm just happy that I got to care for a full football season and now I'm tired. But whatever the case, it doesn't hurt.

Draft receivers

• Locked thread