Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dozens of Buzzfeed-style articles titled "What Is The Cloudy Drink? Here Are Ten Popular Fan Theories - Plus Pictures Of Cute Frogs!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Toxxupation posted:

yeah, but, counterpoint: sex house is good, though?

I didn't really make it very far in so I dunno

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

I've been trying to figure out which semi-educational stuff is worth getting. So far my list is Cosmos, Cosmos: A Space Time Odyssey, The Universe, Amazing Planet, Blue Planet, and Through the Wormhole

They're all crap that a HS teacher might put on a TV, but not bad to veg to. Points for good CG or photography.

Escobarbarian posted:

I didn't really make it very far in so I dunno

*rimshot*

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Feb 7, 2016

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Is everyone watching "Teachers"? If not, you should all be watching "Teachers".

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The stuff with Major can be a little annoying but iZombie more than makes up with it by having her boss find out she's a zombie and the cop totally accepting her "psychic powers" in the pilot episode instead of dragging it out for a season or more.

Toxxupation posted:

yeah, but, counterpoint: sex house is good, though?

I really wonder what happened to The Onion's video team. They show up out of nowhere, make a bunch of rad stuff like Sex House and Porkin' Across America, make a pilot for amazon, and then just vanish.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Jon Do posted:

I've been trying to figure out which semi-educational stuff is worth getting. So far my list is Cosmos, Cosmos: A Space Time Odyssey, The Universe, Amazing Planet, Blue Planet, and Through the Wormhole

They're all crap that a HS teacher might put on a TV, but not bad to veg to. Points for good CG or photography.

*rimshot*

Connections by James Burke, pretty amazing stuff.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I demand we make Horace and Pete this year's overrated show instead of The 100. Everyone watch Horace and Pete it's loving rad

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Jon Do posted:

The best and most essential show of all time

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
The Flash hasn't made sense for a while. How can anybody time travel at 700 miles per hour (when he first time travelled). Barry's top speed is now like 1500 mph.

Like what, strap a time force paint job on a Boeing and you get a time machine now?

But since they introduced the time travel poo poo, I'm surprised they aren't doing something like Barry sees an after image at the start of the season, and he pre-emptively tries to stop the villain by changing tactics, trying to avoid time travel. Well, he succeeds, only to allow a more nefarious plot to unravel through the rest of the season barring Barry's time travel powers until the end of the season when things are so hosed up, he has to travel all the way back to the first episode of the season to change everything, thereby retconning the entire season.

That's what I would do, simply to gently caress with the viewers and also because it'd be a good plot. Also, what's with the show that it can't write a single good female character? They're literally all poo poo.

Ravane fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Feb 7, 2016

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

I don't pay that close of attention when The Flash is on, but haven't they already basically done exactly that with the time travel nonsense?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
im wqatching btter call saul and dam its good

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Holy poo poo, Larry David hosting SNL is the best thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn4tP7ogWIA

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Ravane posted:

The Flash hasn't made sense for a while. How can anybody time travel at 700 miles per hour (when he first time travelled). Barry's top speed is now like 1500 mph.

Like what, strap a time force paint job on a Boeing and you get a time machine now?

But since they introduced the time travel poo poo, I'm surprised they aren't doing something like Barry sees an after image at the start of the season, and he pre-emptively tries to stop the villain by changing tactics, trying to avoid time travel. Well, he succeeds, only to allow a more nefarious plot to unravel through the rest of the season barring Barry's time travel powers until the end of the season when things are so hosed up, he has to travel all the way back to the first episode of the season to change everything, thereby retconning the entire season.

That's what I would do, simply to gently caress with the viewers and also because it'd be a good plot. Also, what's with the show that it can't write a single good female character? They're literally all poo poo.

It's not just his top speed, it's the Speed Force. Same way he makes literal lightning behind him that he can grab and throw.

As for retconning a whole season, that gets a little complicated with the connection to Arrow (and to a lesser extent Legends of Tomorrow), so I don't see them doing that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching the new Hannibal Burress comedy special on Netflix and man. he gets really sweaty.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm halfway through episode 2 of London Spy and "tensest show on television" seems like quite the stretch. It's very slow

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It gets slower, don't panic.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Escobarbarian posted:

I demand we make Horace and Pete this year's overrated show instead of The 100. Everyone watch Horace and Pete it's loving rad

Alternate solution, let people like the stuff they like and proceed to then like the stuff you like.

it's a bit avant garde for TV IV but I think we can make it work.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Holy poo poo, Larry David hosting SNL is the best thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn4tP7ogWIA

Between this and Undercover Boss: Starkiller Base they're really hitting it out of the park with their shorts as of late.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yoshifan823 posted:

I've been a lovely TV fan over the last few years, but since I have DirecTV and a DVR now, I want to keep up with some stuff. I've already decided on The People v OJ Simpson, and I'm gonna try to get caught up on American Crime (the other one). What's some stuff starting now (or that started within the last couple months that gets replayed a lot) that I should keep up with. I don't want to just jump into stuff that's been airing for a while (my internet connection is such that I can't really stream stuff anymore, hence the DVR), but I'm looking for a nice variety.

I'm totally gonna watch The Flash again too. That's the only show I kept up with last year, aside from Parks and Rec.

Watch Colony. Don't watch Flash.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The 100 gets really good after a handful of crapisodes guys. Don't give up on it.

It's not quite the turnaround like Spartacus but it's really good for a CW show.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

The 100 gets really good after a handful of crapisodes guys. Don't give up on it.

It's not quite the turnaround like Spartacus but it's really good for a CW show.

And there's honestly like no love triangle bullshit. Like it definitly sets it up, but it doesn't really happen in the traditional sense.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Mu Zeta posted:

Just binged the first season and holy poo poo it gets dark real fast.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

cool kids inc. posted:

Just binged the first season and holy poo poo it gets dark real fast.

It gets darker.

None of us who started on the ground floor expected much, but there's a reason we all say it got good, it really, really, defies any expectations of a CW show.

If anyone remembers Jericho, it's a lot like that tonal shift, except it never stopped throwing darker and just continued to get even more crazy.

Or like instead of Ollie pussing out and stopping killing people he started tipping his arrows with ebola and polonium.

IRQ fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Feb 8, 2016

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
The Good Wife is ending this May. According to the writer's room Twitter, seven seasons was always the plan.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm sure that new Criminal Minds spinoff will have a long run full of lots of memorable episodes and definitely won't get cancelled right away.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

DivisionPost posted:

The Good Wife is ending this May. According to the writer's room Twitter, seven seasons was always the plan.

The current season sort of sucks anyway. Julianna Margulies ruined everything by being a bitch about Kalinda's actor.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Mu Zeta posted:

The 100 gets really good after a handful of crapisodes guys.

quote:

Don't give up on it.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

DivisionPost posted:

Too bad it won't be the case for Person of Interest

:(

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

It's a pretty good show, hth.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

I'm pretty sure these are in reverse order.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
Whoever referred to the lead in The 100 as Genghis Clarke has made the show so much better for me, and I was already a fan.

:cheers:

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

DivisionPost posted:

It's time. The legal side of the show is as fun as ever but it isn't balancing out the personal drama anymore.

It had a good run.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Making a macho pirate captain a sensitive bisexual is unexpected. Liking Black Sails season 2 so far.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I'm sure that new Criminal Minds spinoff will have a long run full of lots of memorable episodes and definitely won't get cancelled right away.

Another one? Didn't they already have a spinoff that got cancelled after one season?

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Anyone here have CraveTV and checked out Letterkenny yet? I'm waffling on a subscription, but they're doing a free month trial and I've been waiting forever for this series.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

The 100 is overrated? Or are you doing a thing where you're pretending it isn't actually as good as people say it is?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

HorseRenoir posted:

Another one? Didn't they already have a spinoff that got cancelled after one season?

This one stars Gary Sinese. Surely he can carry a(nother) successful show on CBS for 10 years or so which nobody ever remembers exists.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Manos del Sino posted:

Whoever referred to the lead in The 100 as Genghis Clarke has made the show so much better for me, and I was already a fan.

:cheers:

I don't have archive, but i think it was me :)

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Jon Do posted:

*rimshot*

Planet Earth, Nova, Nature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Jon Do posted:

Through the wormhole is not just bad, it's bad science.

• Locked thread