Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
I just want people to stop trying to ruin Sisters of Battle. Games Workshop being the worst offender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Yes, stop loving Sisters metaphorically as well as trying to do it literally.

I say that MC fluff is much more fun than WMh. Dark Symmetry just sounds cool

Edit: great, now I want to serve the Light and collect the Brotherhood

JcDent fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Feb 6, 2016

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Cooked Auto posted:

"So we saw how much money Raging Heroes earned and wanted to get in on a slice of pie as well. Except we are going even further."

Good grief that's just terrible. At least Raging Heroes have a whole bunch of decently clothed models in their sci-fi line up while this seems to have zero.

A lot of the minis are dodgy as gently caress in content and the blatant pandering that underpins their entire business plan for the line betray the cynicism with which they developed the product, but the RH heroes TGG sculpts are generally very well made in a technical sense.

Also I have to admit the Tank Girl vibe of the Jailbird faction is pretty cool, it's just so obviously created from an antithetical point of view to the comic that it's hard to justify supporting the company.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Oh man, you know the best part is, I didn't even realize you were from Boston until just now.

Do you play 40k with Bill Burr?

He plays Malifaux actually

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
 If you are worried about being an adult man playing with toy soldiers and looking cool while doing it... You're a fool. Whether you field a GD-worthy army of the most sensible and well built minis or these boob demons... You are still an adult male playing with toy soldiers. You've already lost the "cool" battle to a myriad other hobbies. So might as well stop worrying about it. 

If, on the other hand, you feel the extreme desire to shout "sexism! Degradation of women! Burn it in a holy fire!" Then, my friend, that's your inflamed political correctness showing. The good news is that you are in lock-step with the times. The bad? Quite simply, who are you to judge, really, what someone chooses to sculpt, paint or sell? We are still talking about bits of plastic, metal and resin here. If you don't like it, ignore it and move on, and find something more real and harmful to be outraged about. If Prodos is putting out bad product, then surely nobody will buy it and it will go away on its own, courtesy of the almighty dollar and without any help from you whatsoever. 

To wit: If there were fewer attempts to police everything accordingly to the ever-evolving standards set by, frankly, tumblr-level mentality, then there would likely be fewer ceremonial nose-thumbings at the said policing. Not that Prodos is doing any of the sort mind you, they are just trying to make a buck. But the outrage around this is hilarious, really.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Then, my friend, that's your inflamed political correctness showing.

Dakka?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
He seems pretty mad that someone has a different opinion from him.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

"Who are you to judge what someone else sells"

That's literally (supposed to be) capitalism. Someone makes something, potential customers judge it and decide whether or not they want to buy it.

I also like people who equate "I think this product is dumb and I will not buy it" with "being outraged".

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
That's just the thing.

If you thing that anything, anything AT ALL can be "embarrassing" to the hobby...

If you need to invoke movies and celebrities to prove (mostly to yourself) that you are still "cool" for playing with minis...
Then you've got bigger issues than tit-marines, friend.

What in the world is "cool" anyway? Your mom saying that you are cool? A range of gratuitously sexualized minis isn't going to damage this hobby's image, trust me... And neither your ardent repudiation of the said range will score you points "wid da ladies".

See, if this was just a bad model range, it would garner a couple pages of people saying " well, this range sucks" and moving on. Instead, it seems that the boob demons have gotten under quite a few people's skin. Hint: if you are unable to say "well, this is bad" and move on, you cut a rather amusing figure.

Now remember what I said in the my first post? I'm supporting this because it pisses the right kind of people off. Now please, go ahead and tell me, extensively and eloquently, about how wrong I am.

We both know you want to.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Wow thanks for showing me the light *makes friends with tit painters*

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

That's just the thing. 

If you thing that anything, anything AT ALL can be "embarrassing" to the hobby... 

If you need to invoke movies and celebrities to prove (mostly to yourself) that you are still "cool" for playing with minis... 
Then you've got bigger issues than tit-marines, friend. 

What in the world is "cool" anyway? Your mom saying that you are cool? A range of gratuitously sexualized minis isn't going to damage this hobby's image, trust me... And neither your ardent repudiation of the said range will score you points "wid da ladies". 

See, if this was just a bad model range, it would garner a couple pages of people saying " well, this range sucks" and moving on. Instead, it seems that the boob demons have gotten under quite a few people's skin. Hint: if you are unable to say "well, this is bad" and move on, you cut a rather amusing figure. 

Now remember what I said in the my first post? I'm supporting this because it pisses the right kind of people off. Now please, go ahead and tell me, extensively and eloquently, about how wrong I am. 

We both know you want to.

Edit: screw you SRM! Now I'll never get points wit da ladies

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Please, it's "wid" da ladies

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I, for one, support this brave martyr and his heroic quest to allow us all to enjoy poorly-sculpted tiddies without fear of being judged by those meanie SJWs.

(He's literally the only one who's gotten legitimately upset in that entire thread, as far as I can tell. It's magical.)

Ever notice it's the ones who are the first to accuse people of being whiners who actually whine the loudest and the most?

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
If some things that are commonly thought to be bad are thought by some people to be good then nothing is bad so speeding isn't bad and officer you'll find I'm free to go *vvrooommmm*

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer
Some awesome uglies to make up for my last post.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

FrostyPox posted:

Ever notice it's the ones who are the first to accuse people of being whiners who actually whine the loudest and the most?

Mind. Blown. ;)

I'm kinda happy to see that the space rusade crap is getting ripped to shreds everywhere I look. Looks like it is blowing up in Prodos' face.

Personally I just want my hobby and the stuff/people in it to be something I can share with my less nerdy friends without having to explain why I'm not some seedy pervert for liking it. I have no justification for crap like this as it is clearly some guys substitute to buying top shelf magazines.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
IMO those boob marines are bad

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?
Best thing about the whole debacle is Prodos bragging that it's selling fantastically and outselling Warzone by a huge margin.

Only they had a live stock tracking system on their website.

They sold 5 copies.

They then took down the live stock tracking.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Daedleh posted:

Best thing about the whole debacle is Prodos bragging that it's selling fantastically and outselling Warzone by a huge margin.

Only they had a live stock tracking system on their website.

They sold 5 copies.

:sbahj:

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I'm just facepalming over the whole thing cuz I really like Prodos' Warzone minis and I want to buy them and I want Prodos to not be lovely. :(

Stop, Prodos. No. Bad.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I like videogames, sci-fi and miniatures. I have stopped caring what my friends, or rather, people who aren't my friends, think of my hobbies a long time ago.

I mean, you don't see bibliophiles trying to play down harlequin romance novels or self-flagellating for the existence and popularity of 50 Shades of Grey.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

JcDent posted:

I like videogames, sci-fi and miniatures. I have stopped caring what my friends, or rather, people who aren't my friends, think of my hobbies a long time ago.

I mean, you don't see bibliophiles trying to play down harlequin romance novels or self-flagellating for the existence and popularity of 50 Shades of Grey.

Bibliophiles do poo poo all over self published stuff like the "vanity press" books that clog up Amazon now-a-days.

You are correct, if you get hurt by people mocking your hobby, toughen up and get better friends. If you carve out your identity by shouting down the stuff you don't like you are a loser.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

This is something someone paid real money for.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The start-up warming cycle on that machine should be altered. It's got a lot of lingering frost.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

JcDent posted:

You absolutely 100% do.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

ijyt posted:

hey bud you stepped in something there

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

ijyt posted:

Please tell me it's a WIP pic and not a finished job (unless someone wanted just the airbrushing done so they can finish it themselves).

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Daedleh posted:

Well played Prodos, well played. :golfclap:

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Most of their poo poo looks like that, and it's terrible and it gets decent to good ratings on CMON.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Finding custom squiggoths has been an experience

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

ijyt posted:

i mean you can find carnies that do airbrush t-shirts that can do that and pay them in drugs

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
both of those squigs are great

first one is more of a scruntoth though

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
If you're doing airbrush armies you might as well go full wizard van with them.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Oblong bases a poo poo.

Speaking of Prados and stuff, has there ever been a titty miniature with well sculpted breasts, or is it TWO BUBBLES all the time?

The saddest and most ironic thing is that the faces on Prodos Chaos SOB are much better than on their warzone ladies.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

SRM posted:

If you're doing airbrush armies you might as well go full wizard van with them.

who's the goon with the triceratops av who has the cosmic dark eldar?

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

JcDent posted:

Oblong bases a poo poo.

Speaking of Prados and stuff, has there ever been a titty miniature with well sculpted breasts, or is it TWO BUBBLES all the time?

The saddest and most ironic thing is that the faces on Prodos Chaos SOB are much better than on their warzone ladies.

Is this a real question? Because the ones from that crazy game about spiders that use naked torsos to lure victims has nicely sculpted breasts for days. Especially on the breast slug monsters made of breasts attended by unclothed nubile maidens--many of whom are killed while rearing the creature's young.

Sexual behavior pervades everything. What I worry about is that we'll spend so much time demonizing the product and the target audience, that we'll lose sight of the pain that this crass enterprise masks. Wouldn't that wargamer with a cabinet full of sex prefer a partner and kindred spirit with whom to play strip-40k (roll 2d6 and consult the table for the area of the body from which to remove clothing--if you roll doubles, roll twice--then roll a 'strip' dice against the toughness of the clothing--for each strip, roll any applicable 'layered clothing' saving throws to determine how much clothing is removed). Or even a menagerie of rotating partners in a 'tournament' style swinging environment? Wouldn't the simple addition of showers and lockerrooms to public gaming facilities do much to bring this dream closer to reality, and promote a society free from shame and depravity of a mind starved for affection?

And what of the companies who make these things? In a niche market with otiose marketability, isn't it nearly impossible to differentiate oneself? If Star Wars wasn't so appealing, wouldn't the urge to produce a TIE with a topless Howlrunner card, just to make ends meet and hopefully get your game into someone's hands be overwhelming? Recent policy changes at my job have put a term limit on my contract in June which I had not foreseen. While I should be able to find new work, nevertheless, the stress of this deadline is getting to me. Especially now that I'm trying to buy a house with my wife. If I could secure my future by putting breasts on something, wouldn't I?

I would.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Is this a real question? Because the ones from that crazy game about spiders that use naked torsos to lure victims has nicely sculpted breasts for days. Especially on the breast slug monsters made of breasts attended by unclothed nubile maidens--many of whom are killed while rearing the creature's young.

Sexual behavior pervades everything. What I worry about is that we'll spend so much time demonizing the product and the target audience, that we'll lose sight of the pain that this crass enterprise masks. Wouldn't that wargamer with a cabinet full of sex prefer a partner and kindred spirit with whom to play strip-40k (roll 2d6 and consult the table for the area of the body from which to remove clothing--if you roll doubles, roll twice--then roll a 'strip' dice against the toughness of the clothing--for each strip, roll any applicable 'layered clothing' saving throws to determine how much clothing is removed). Or even a menagerie of rotating partners in a 'tournament' style swinging environment? Wouldn't the simple addition of showers and lockerrooms to public gaming facilities do much to bring this dream closer to reality, and promote a society free from shame and depravity of a mind starved for affection?

And what of the companies who make these things? In a niche market with otiose marketability, isn't it nearly impossible to differentiate oneself? If Star Wars wasn't so appealing, wouldn't the urge to produce a TIE with a topless Howlrunner card, just to make ends meet and hopefully get your game into someone's hands be overwhelming? Recent policy changes at my job have put a term limit on my contract in June which I had not foreseen. While I should be able to find new work, nevertheless, the stress of this deadline is getting to me. Especially now that I'm trying to buy a house with my wife. If I could secure my future by putting breasts on something, wouldn't I?

I would.

This is an awful post and I hope that you stop posting here, or indeed at all.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Don't get mad at a man for saying what we're all thinking. Put tits on everything, hit up eBay, profit. This is the American dream!

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
TCM. The man. The legend. :sparkles:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'm pretty sure you're wrong and that post is amazing.