Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

It's actually required for each actor this season to have an understudy in case something goes wrong, helps ensure the show will go on without a hitch. Cute to see one rehearsing in public though.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Where did all of Jeb Bush's ad spending go? Did his senior staff pay themselves each $1 million each and spend nothing on actual advertising?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

Where did all of Jeb Bush's ad spending go? Did his senior staff pay themselves each $1 million each and spend nothing on actual advertising?

Do you live in Iowa/NH/SC?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

Where did all of Jeb Bush's ad spending go? Did his senior staff pay themselves each $1 million each and spend nothing on actual advertising?

Jeb! spent $16 million in ad money on Iowa alone.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Mordiceius posted:

Also, if by some miracle of god, Trump did get the 1200 delegates, they can't really make him nominee, can they?

If Trump passes the delegate threshold or is leading by a plurality and somebody like Rubio or Jeb ends up with the nomination at the convention, the Republican Party is finished as a functional national political party.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Who says Trump even has to take the nomination? He can just up decide to run as an independent anytime he wants. If he does that, it doesn't matter who the GOP nominates, the Dems win.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
^^ sore loser laws prevent this, but the party would die. They'd have to take him and then fund Hillary or at least attempt some sabotage.

BGrifter posted:

Is she bleeding out of her eyes or her nose or whatever?

She was pretty cordial about Trump. Like "yeah that Donald, he's an rear end what can you do" and said ahe thought it would all work out after the debate.

Carson, Cruz, Megyn Kelly... seems like no one ever demands an apology or harbors real resentment, like it's all theatrics, whether planned or not. Contrast with Bush, who clearly has a real offstage loathing for Trump, and Trump, who is in all likelihood a 9/11 truther hellbent on destroying the Bush and Clinton families alike (he has blamed them both for a share of 9/11).

I'm so excited for the the establishment to push the hell out of the Jeb turtle "let's get serious" redemption arc because if he wasn't a Bush it would work. But.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Oiled and Ready posted:

^^ sore loser laws prevent this, but the party would die. They'd have to take him and then fund Hillary or at least attempt some sabotage.

She was pretty cordial about Trump. Like "yeah that Donald, he's an rear end what can you do" and said ahe thought it would all work out after the debate.

Carson, Cruz, Megyn Kelly... seems like no one ever demands an apology or harbors real resentment, like it's all theatrics, whether planned or not. Contrast with Bush, who clearly has a real offstage loathing for Trump, and Trump, who is in all likelihood a 9/11 truther hellbent on destroying the Bush and Clinton families alike (he has blamed them both for a share of 9/11).

I'm so excited for the the establishment to push the hell out of the Jeb turtle "let's get serious" redemption arc because if he wasn't a Bush it would work. But.

I am pretty sure Carson is gonna piss all over Cruz in SC over the Iowa shenanigans, and SC is the state where it will hurt Cruz the most.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

skaboomizzy posted:

I am pretty sure Carson is gonna piss all over Cruz in SC over the Iowa shenanigans, and SC is the state where it will hurt Cruz the most.

If there's one state in the union that's hostile to sleazy, underhanded campaigning, it's South Carolina.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Pinterest Mom posted:

If there's one state in the union that's hostile to sleazy, underhanded campaigning, it's South Carolina.

Yeah, but McCain was never a Bible-thumper.

I predict Huckabee won't quite endorse Carson there, but will blow the dog-whistle for him.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Better song for Trump to play at his rally instead of Adele's Skyfall https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy_PJODH3p0

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/rickklein/status/696663419001430016

2nd place is anyone's game

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Posted to Trump's Facebook.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I'm excited for another surprise second from Trump

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

TheTatteredKing posted:

I'm excited for another surprise second from Trump

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Young Orc
A second surprise has hit the NH.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
My internal polling is showing Ted Cruz is a huge piece of poo poo.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

TheTatteredKing posted:

I'm excited for another surprise second from Trump

Jeb! will definitely need more than jet fuel to make that one happen. It'd be too obviously a controlled stumping.

That is, unless Jeb is reading to schoolchildren when the exit polls are released. Then I might buy that he was innocent.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world to pity a burning Bush

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the morning, "Look, a dollar is a unit of measurement. It is the measure by which we assess: What is more valuable, a television or an automobile? The way we assess that is using the dollar to measure the comparative value. You know, think about it in a different context, think of the unit of measurement of time – an hour. Now, do you want a long hour or a short hour? As a practical matter, we want an hour to be 60 minutes, every time, over and over again. We want a stable hour, because it’s a unit of measurement. Money is the same thing – it’s a unit of measurement. So the reason why we see these rapid oscillations in commodities markets, it’s because of unstable currencies. And it’s why I think we should look at going toward rules-based monetary supply, ideally tied to gold, so you have stability. And I think that would improve the lives of a great many working people." ~ Ted Cruz, in Keene, NH.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Peachstapler posted:

My internal polling is showing Ted Cruz is a huge piece of poo poo.

I think that's just the natural revulsion one feels, kinda like that unsettling feeling people get when they see a bunch of holes very closely spaced together.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
The robot guys are sticking with Rubio today, too
https://twitter.com/evale72/status/696690775632044032

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Joementum posted:

[...]

Ted "Socrates" Cruz

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009

Peachstapler posted:

My internal polling is showing Ted Cruz is a huge piece of poo poo.

In a quick strawpoll of my family, Ted Cruz came in second to The Aliens from X-Com.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
I can understand the desire for going back to a gold standard.

It's stupid as hell, but understandable because the status quo is poo poo as well. The pin-head central planners at the Fed are always either (a) clueless, or (b) stooges for/members of the Wall-Street elite.

You would think Democrats would have a problem with it, especially since it's one of the main reasons the "recovery" is bull-poo poo and they could very well lose the next election, but WELP I guess Clinton is far from alone in being in their pockets.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
According to a poll of my state (sample size 1) Donald Trump does extremely well with registered Democrats, carrying 100% of their support.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I would absolutely love to see Kasich pull second in NH.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Boosted_C5 posted:

I can understand the desire for going back to a gold standard.

It's stupid as hell, but understandable because the status quo is poo poo as well. The pin-head central planners at the Fed are always either (a) clueless, or (b) stooges for/members of the Wall-Street elite.

You would think Democrats would have a problem with it, especially since it's one of the main reasons the "recovery" is bull-poo poo and they could very well lose the next election, but WELP I guess Clinton is far from alone in being in their pockets.

gold bugs are the anti-vaxxers of the economics world

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Necc0 posted:

gold bugs are the anti-vaxxers of the economics world

True, but they're literally no more idiotic that people who think the way things are done is fine and who blindly ignore the fact that our monetary policy favors the elites at the expense of ordinary Americans.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
In which Jeb! notices that Kasich might just win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSXxx7n--BA

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Joementum posted:

[...]

does he have any opinions on gold fringed flags?

:sureboat:

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Joementum posted:

[...]

Of course it's loving Keene.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Boosted_C5 posted:

True, but they're literally no more idiotic that people who think the way things are done is fine and who blindly ignore the fact that our monetary policy favors the elites at the expense of ordinary Americans.

Please explain in 5 paragraph essay format why having our currency backed by gold would be better than "the way things are done." Alternatively, a 5 paragraph essay on why "the way things are done" has hurt our economy more than helped it.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
In theory, if a real man of the people becomes president, we could rig the fed to manipulate our currency to favor all Americans and to screw foreigners who do most of their trading in US dollars. If the value of our economy is tied to a shiny yellow rock, I think we'd be at the mercy of how valuable the rest of the world thinks shiny yellow rocks are.

disclaimer: I don't remember anything from macroeconomics in college, and my experience in finance is limited to speculating on magic the gathering cards.

Annie Chickenstalker
Oct 12, 2005

Of course you dont know, YOU dont know because only I know

Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

[...]

Is it still a Gish gallop if it's not in a debate?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/696700449416728576

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Joementum posted:

In which Jeb! notices that Kasich might just win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSXxx7n--BA

Suck my dick Jeb. You'll never be president and this ad won't even be effective in New Hampshire.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Donald Trump is going to be first and every other candidate in the race will all tie for second.

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/696669855416766467

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Cane to post this, can't stop giggling at it.

  • Locked thread